Code of Conduct

Default Same oils for perfume in lotions?

I've ordered some things from profumo to make the perfume, but I'm wondering if I would be able to use the same ingredients in lotions, bubble bath, etc. I've previously made those things using synthetics; I've just never tried absolutes or EOs. Really looking forward to getting those in. I can't wait to make the perfume even if I can't use the same stuff for skin care.

Default Re: Same oils for perfume in lotions?

i've never made a lotion but i think you can. and you could always ask mr profumo himself (he's here on basenotes too). he is a very kind man, and knows a lot.

I make my own perfumes and my own cosmetics and I use the same essential oils and absolutes for both. Always better than synthetics I would say. Especially for stuff which will be absorbed by your skin.
    For me that is one of the reasons I make my own night creme etc. so I can be sure no nasty chemicals and preservatives get into my skin.
    ''Do unto others 20% better than you'd expect them to do unto you to correct for subjective error.''
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com

sorry, but that's just plain nonsense. first, essential oils can do damage, too. most of them contain some chemicals that are on the list. secondly, most aroma chemicals are perfectly harmless. using chemicals can actually be safer, because it is more predictable.

Of course you always use with caution, it is easy to find out anyway which essential oil has any dangerous effect. But you also ahve to take into account how much, or little you are actually using. I particularly meant all the non essential chemicals and preservatives needed to give products an endless shelf life.
    Now if all those preservatives would give my skin an endless shelf life that would be good, but I rather suspect it is the opposite.
    ''Do unto others 20% better than you'd expect them to do unto you to correct for subjective error.''
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com