Code of Conduct

Default Light Blue vs Aqua Di Gio vs Boss Bottled - Longevity and Siliage

Hey guys,

Out of these three crowdpleasers, which of these would you pick. Also if you could state your ranking int terms of Longevity and Silage - Both of which are super super important for me.

Just curious, I just want a nice easy one to wear occasionally.

Default Re: Light Blue vs Aqua Di Gio vs Boss Bottled - Longevity and Siliage

boss bottled for sure but it's not a fresh aquatic like the other two so it also lasts longer. check out givenchy pour homme blue label as well for aquatic type frags. i'm chill with acqua di gio. i've smelled it dozens of times on people and see it on people's dressers but so what. i might buy it if i get a really good deal.

The only one I would really buy is Boss Bottled. It lasts over 10 hours on my skin as well.

to me light blue smells very much like a much lighter version of acqua di gio. im surprised i havent seen that comparison made (or maybe i havent looked). so yeah adg is easily stronger than the d&g as light blue is VERY light. boss bottled is a totally different scent & is stronger than both adg and light blue. (i have adg and bottled and have tried light blue)

Blog Entries

Overall Smell:
    Boss Bottled
    Acqua di Gio
    Light Blue

Projection:
    Light Blue (surprisingly)
    Boss Bottled
    Acqua di Gio

Longevity:
    Acqua di Gio
    Light Blue
    Boss Bottled

To overall smell:
    Acqua di Gio
    Boss Bottled
    Light blue, the rest is like :up:
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Acqua di Gio

Yes, I just realized that Boss Bottled is a different kind of smell. I was also really surprised that there wasn't a Light Blue vs Aqua Di Gio comparison - Go figure! I want a good long lasting Aquatic with fantastic Siliage - ie. The Joop of Aquatics.

Banned

acqua di gio is the king of fresh aquatics, light blue smells okay, but has poor longevity and sillage, and wtf!!?? you guys are getting 10+ hours out of ur boss #6? i cant even get like 3 out of mine. i must have a bullshit bottle. well i did buy for a suspiciously good price on ebay, so no suprises there, but ill have to rebuy that one. Sorry for goin off on a tangent there, but acqua di gio is wut u should get if u want to smell fresh and sexy. All the girls i chill with are obsessed with it, even if it is popular.

chrome legend and nautica voyage interest me as well. they are floral aquatics tho.

Boss Bottled in every regard by lightyears.
    Smellin good

I haven't smelled Boss Bottled (knowingly), but I'd take Gio over Light Blue without hesitation.
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

Sur la Plage

I would pick Light Blue (not Light Blue pour Homme) in all categories.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I would pick Light Blue (not Light Blue pour Homme) in all categories.
    I fear the OP refers to the homme version though, doesnt he?
    Smellin good

i prefer aqua di gio

light Blue it is so similar to aqua di gio, doesnt project/long last as much as adg

Boss Bottler #6 i haven't smelled it yet

Boss Bottled isn't an aquatic but it would win on sillage as well as on longevity. It smells like apple cinnamon cookies that are fresh out of the oven. It would be a great addition to your wardrobe for fall and winter.
    Overall smell I like Acqua di Gžo most.
    Light Blue ph is crap.

The Joop! Homme of the aquatic fragrances is definitely L'eau d'Issey Pour Homme.
    Acqua di GiÚ is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Quote Originally Posted by mambac View Post
    acqua di gio is the king of fresh aquatics, light blue smells okay, but has poor longevity and sillage, and wtf!!?? you guys are getting 10+ hours out of ur boss #6? i cant even get like 3 out of mine. i must have a bullshit bottle. well i did buy for a suspiciously good price on ebay, so no suprises there, but ill have to rebuy that one. Sorry for goin off on a tangent there, but acqua di gio is wut u should get if u want to smell fresh and sexy. All the girls i chill with are obsessed with it, even if it is popular.
    Am with you, mambac! ADG is supperb!!! NO DOUBT... NO COMPROMISE... BEST SILLAGE!!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by moSin-peshawar View Post
    Am with you, mambac! ADG is supperb!!! NO DOUBT... NO COMPROMISE... BEST SILLAGE!!!!
    Amen to that bro

Boss Bottled...
    Last edited by frostyicy; 3rd March 2012 at 09:54 PM.

Boss bottled in every category

its the only boss worth owning IMO

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    ^^^This^^^

Basenotes Member

Yeah I own boss bottled and it does last for ages, it's one of those that you smell throughout the day on yourself too

Gio
    Gio
    Gio
    Gary

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    Ditto.
    "The most beautiful sea hasnít been crossed yet. The most beautiful child hasnít grown up yet. The most beautiful days we havenít seen yet. And the most beautiful words I wanted to tell you... I havenít said yetÖ"
    -Nazim Hikmet Ran

Another for AdG