Code of Conduct

Default Creed Baie de Genievre.

Do you think Baie de Genievre is the most elegant of the regular Creed fragrances? What age do you think fits this fragrance?

Default Re: Creed Baie de Genievre.

Hmm, I don't think of BdG as elegant myself. I think this fragrance will definitely appeal to a more mature man, but that's just my opinion. After all the great reviews, I didn't actually like BdG when I samples it. Oh well.

This has been on my to-buy list forever. I'd say this would work for any age.

Blog Entries

And either gender. I quite like it myself!

Blog Entries

I think Baie de Genievre is more of a casual outdoorsy fragrance
    then elegant

Great fragrance, I've been wanting to buy it for awhile but sadly I don't have the dosh.

I think it's good for any man in any circumstance. I'm 25 and finishing up college if that helps. Also, my younger sister who's way hipper than I am agreed that it's godlike, and it's in no way stuffy or "old mannish" like some Creeds. Definitely masculine though.

Awesome stuff. The best word for it is "toasty." Not a mature type of scent. Possibly a bit formal, but in an age-neutral way.

Toasted cinnamon, juniper and dry vetiver and the primary notes for me - blended to perfection.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

This is fine for any age group IMO.

Which one do you prefer of this and Epicea? I like Baie de Genievre, but I`m very curious about Epicea which I haven`t tried.. Are there eny similarities?

I own Baie de Genièvre and love it. Please keep in mind that this is an Eau de Toilette and not a Perfume. I would have to classify this as a casual scent. I feel that it would appeal to someone over the age of 35. I don't see the younger guys liking this to readily.
    - Expect the unexpected

It's good stuff, ageless IMO, but it is certainly not the most elegant Creed. For elegance I would go with Neroli Sauvage, Royal Water, Tuberose Indiana, MI, Bois du Portugal, Windsor, Sublime Vanille, Vintage Tabarome, Vanisia. . . I could go on. . .

I appreciate it but feel that it "plays it safe" in an often-seen Creed way: smooth, rich, dense, a touch sweet.
    Every once in a while I catch bracing, quirky tonic/medicinal notes... but they are dim stars in the night sky.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Dependent

Reviving this thread since no one answered Oslo-Fjord's question. I do find BdG similar to Epicea. They are both stuffy and stale on paper, but bloom on the skin. Epicea has far more clove and a touch of pine, while BdG is more green-cinnamon and dirtier. Epicea is milder and lighter, while BdG is bolder in character, though also does not project particularly intensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Do you think Baie de Genievre is the most elegant of the regular Creed fragrances? What age do you think fits this fragrance?
    most elegant? no.

best age? 35-45.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    Reviving this thread since no one answered Oslo-Fjord's question. I do find BdG similar to Epicea. They are both stuffy and stale on paper, but bloom on the skin. Epicea has far more clove and a touch of pine, while BdG is more green-cinnamon and dirtier. Epicea is milder and lighter, while BdG is bolder in character, though also does not project particularly intensely.

I agree with one exception: Epicea has a good bit more than a touch of pine.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Thanks for reminding me of one of my favorite Creeds.

I wouldn't call it the most "elegant" of the line, but that's not to say that it isn't; I hesitate that if we associate it with elegant we pigeon-hole it, and I find it to be much more versatile than that.

Cheers, J
    Last edited by jathanas; 11th November 2011 at 03:02 AM.
    Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by cologne connoisseur View Post
    I agree with one exception: Epicea has a good bit more than a touch of pine.
    Hm, I don't get that much. My idea of "lots of pine" is Agua Brava.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by jathanas View Post
    Thanks for reminding me of one of my favorite Creeds.

I wouldn't call it the most "elegant" of the line, but that's not to say that it isn't; I hesitate that if we associate it with elegant we pigeon-hole it, and I find it to be much more versatile than that.
    My pleasure! Wore it for the first time today.

Good point about "elegance." It's a multifaceted frag and ought to be considered on its own merits like any true work of art.

My absolute favorite Creed--and I've had a lot of 'em! The three simple notes, blended so perfectly, really sing.

I just reviewed both of these recently. I thought Epicea was a nice pine scent, but terribly weak. BdG was more incensey than I had recalled, and more medicinal. Neither really blew me away.

BdG is kind of old school. But I love cinnamon and this is a favorite manly scent when I'm suited up.

I have a bottle of BdG that is quite old, as the packaging is the not embossedm it is the glossy creme colored box. I'm guessing late 90's early 2000's. No lot#. It is still very good and much more powerful and vibrant than a more recent tester I had from 2008.

Martin

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    I have a bottle of BdG that is quite old, as the packaging is the not embossedm it is the glossy creme colored box. I'm guessing late 90's early 2000's. No lot#. It is still very good and much more powerful and vibrant than a more recent tester I had from 2008.
    Wearing BdG again tonight. Wow it's powerful stuff, excellent longevity too! According to my box, this batch is from 07. I believe it was purchased recently, so it seems like Creed is still selling off that same batch at this time. I hope they make another when it's sold out. This one is quite unique -- a bold, green, animalic masculine with 80s structure but without any birch tar or lavender. I really enjoy it.

Oviatt, I would not say this fragrance has only three simple notes. Surely it has six main accords -- bergamot, juniper berry, cinnamon leaf, clove, vetiver and ambergris. I also get the impressions of liquidamber, cinnamon, fir, oakmoss and musk. I would imagine there are at least 5 naturals and 25 molecules in the formula.

Guys, thanks for reviving this thread. BdG is a very cool scent. It's classy, outdoorsy, manly, and smexy all at the same time. Probably my favorite from Creed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by monsieur_sparkle View Post
    Guys, thanks for reviving this thread. BdG is a very cool scent. It's classy, outdoorsy, manly, and smexy all at the same time. Probably my favorite from Creed.
    haha... "smexy"... i like that

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    haha... "smexy"... i like that
    im too smexy for my creed

This one is a delight to wear. I do think it does has a more mature vibe, and it has a kind of barbershop opening that's pretty loud.
    I wouldn't quite call it elegant, but it's a nice scent for sure.

I wouldnt wear it, but it's a really nice fragrance.

I agree with the smexy part.

I also really enjoy wearing BdG. That and BdP and trying to console me over the loss of Vetiver 1948. Those two scents try hard to provide comfort, but unfortunately nothing, in my opinion, comes close to Vetiver 1948.
    Oh, the humanity………...

Some say this will soon be discontinued. True?