Code of Conduct
o

Default Does anyone perceive a leather note in Creed Aventus?

Hey Guys:

I just got my sample of Aventus today in the mail. I definitely get the pineapple in the topnotes. Once it drys down, it gets a bit more difficult to tell what I'm smelling. I know that the ambergris doesn't seem to be as dominant as in SMW or GIT. I kinda think it smells a bit like leather, even though that note isn't mentioned in the pyramid. I was wondering if anyone else thinks that Aventus smells like a citrus leather frag.

Default Re: Does anyone perceive a leather note in Creed Aventus?

No, I don't detect leather. The top is pineapple morphing to fir resin in the heart. The base is dominated by ambergris.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I don't detect leather.

definitely to me, smells like the suede/leather seats in my 03 Cobra, smokey suede pineapple lol. Never mentioned it really or maybe I did somewhere in my posts but does to me.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

A bit of leather and some scotch tape.

Rogue Perfumery
    Blog Entries

The smokey birch tar is suggestive of leather to my nose

I kinda agree with the post about the leather car seats. Not a nasty old school leather, but a clean new upscale leather-type note. For a minute, I thought maybe this was a niche version of Canali Men, but after spraying some Canali on my wrist, I thought the note was more subduded somehow in Aventus. So, for now, I guess I'm left thinking that Aventus should be classified as a leathery aquatic, maybe in the same vein as Ineke Derring-Do, but brighter, with the tropical citrus and such.

I dont get smoke or leather...just ambergris and real subtle vanilla...maybe batch # are affecting diffences again!
    SALE:Bond no.9, Armani Code Summer, Prada, Kenzo, Amouage...more!!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/310...o-Amouage-more!!

This smell of leather in some translate as fir and others as rubber.
    I would argue that of the fir and the resin.

What do you think?

When I got the flacon I was thinking the little piece of leather on the top of the cap that's draped over it smelled so wonderful but it might not even have any leather scent itself. It sure seemed like the leather + aventus smell on that is pretty much the same as when I wear it now but I totally perceived it at the time as having that super soft suede smell to it.

Strange but smells a bit like the leather from soft golf or baseball gloves, not the mitt but those thin leather gloves people wear. Or like the leather on the Flacon cap etc. Not sure what the smell is I guess that's making it but it does seem like leather/smoke/fruit to me.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Sorry for two posts but now that I think about it, not sure if I should do a new post but if it's the birch that smells soft and leathery are there any other colognes off the top of anyones head that have that note in there? Doesn't have to have pineapple or smoke but it's a nice smell.

I have sniffed a few of the leather dominate frags minus Knize Ten haven't done that one yet but the Tom Ford's etc that I can get to in Vegas here I have and aren't really like that soft suede smell.

Rogue Perfumery
    Blog Entries

Cuir de Lancome and Cuir Ottoman are very lovely soft, glove-like leather frags. They both utilize birch tar, but not to such an extent that they are smokey such as Kolnisch Juchten or Creed's Cuir de Russie