Code of Conduct

Default Face Off:Allure Homme Blanche Edition VS Allure Sport VS Bleu De Chanel..Best Summer Chanel.

Face Off:Allure Homme Blanche Edition VS Allure Sport VS Bleu De Chanel..Best .Summer Chanel.
    I know this was done already however I need help now.
    -AVENTUS-

Default Re: Face Off:Allure Homme Blanche Edition VS Allure Sport VS Bleu De Chanel..Best Summer Chanel.

Chanel Allure Homme Sport.

Default Re: Face Off:Allure Homme Blanche Edition VS Allure Sport VS Bleu De Chanel..Best Summer Chanel.

All of them are good for summer. However, the first 2 is over used. Go with Bleu de Chanel

Edit: And of the three, Bleu de Chanel has a touch of sophistication. The other two is just too "sporty".
    Last edited by volley2; 23rd February 2011 at 01:52 AM.

I think the Blanche might be a little more less cloying than Sport but I am not so sure about Bleu De Chanel yet..
    I tried it but I dont know how it will work in HEAT.
    -AVENTUS-

The original Allure Homme.

P.S. I don't think Bleu belongs in the group.

Allure Homme Sport
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Allure Homme Blanche

If you want to smell like an orange cream pop: Sport
    If you want to smell like a lemon cream pop: Blanche
    If you want to smell like a laundry detergent: Bleu

I guess I want to smell like a a pop rather than detergent.
    -AVENTUS-

And the winner is Pour Monsieur!

:P

I cant find Pour Monsieur locally anymore.
    -AVENTUS-

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    If you want to smell like an orange cream pop: Sport
    If you want to smell like a lemon cream pop: Blanche
    If you want to smell like a laundry detergent: Bleu
    +1 Except it doesn't do justice to cream pops and detergent, which can have desirable aromas without overwhelming chemical smells.

+ (i lost the count) Chanel Allure Homme Sport.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Just test them all and see which one suits your taste and which one works best on your skin.

Not a huge fan of Bleu, but it's better than we give it credit for being. I think it's pretty versatile. Not sure yet, but I think it will be a good warm weather scent.

Blog Entries

I'm looking forward to Bleu this summer - but I'm enjoying all these great fragrance put-downs right now!

(Personally, I think all three are great summer frags.)

Of the three, Blanche definitely gets my vote. But don't completely overlook Cologne either!

Edition Blanche

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    Just test them all and see which one suits your taste and which one works best on your skin.
    +1 this. I wouldnt buy any Chanel blind. This 3 are all nice and its just matter of YOUR personal preference which would you like best.

Anyway, my vote goes for Bleu.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Allure Homme Sport, no doubt.

Blanche
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Blanche
    Smellin good

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBee456 View Post
    I guess I want to smell like a a pop rather than detergent.
    Bleu doesn't smell like detergent, don't listen to that guy.

Blanche smells like Lemon Cake or Lemon meringue pie.
    Bleu smells like a mellow Grapefruit. Probably the lightest most pleasant opening scent out of the 3.
    Sport is a straight up Citrus blast. It projects the strongest out of the 3.

I would go with Blanche. Bleu is the more classy of the scents, I would wear it to a summer night date. Sport is great also, I would wear it in the morning before it gets too hot or to the gym.

Chanel Allure Homme Sport or Bleu.
    The only one I don't care for is Blanche which I find disgusting.

+1 Blanche
    Daniel + Jonny + Neurosis = The 3 BFF Amigos <3

Out of these 3, Blanche. But best summer Chanel is surely between Eau de Cologne and Pour Monsieur

Edition Blanche is the winner!

Banned

Well actually I'd go with Cristalle EdT, but if you're insistent on citrus-heavy then Eau de Cologne.

Blog Entries

"Best Summer Chanel"

Bel Respiro, of course!
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

EB->Sport->Bleu
    My Youtube Review Channel: www.youtube.com/cutlasssupremesl

Blanche is more exclusive smell.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What about Cologne Sport! Super lemons with a woodsy base cant be wrong in the summer! I love the stuff!

blanche is by far the most interesting of the 3 imo.

Blanche by far

problem is I like blanche better but it only lasts a couple of hours on me..and Homme Sport is like a monster on me I can smell it forever and cant get it off with a shower.
    anybody else had that problem..I think Allure Sport might be a little cloying in the heat. Blanche goes away fast.
    I need Allure Sport Light
    -AVENTUS-

Tested Blanche again. Really liking it. I prefer lemons over oranges so there you go. Blanche > Sport. Just a cleaner, crisper scent.

This is like choosing between Kevin James, David Spade and Rob Schneider.

Allure Homme Blanche would be my choice.
    -

Blog Entries

1) Edition Blanche
    2) Bleu

3) Sport (Wasn't for me at all. Too cloying.)

Sur la Plage

Kevin James
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Bleu!
    -AVENTUS-

I would go with Bleu De Chanel and here is why: I think it combines some of the best elements of Allure Homme Sport and Edition Blanche, while at the same time introducing some new elements of its own. I have tested Bleu on paper and on my skin for a few weeks now, and I've been really impressed with it's longevity and subtlety. So impressed, that it's convinced me to get rid of Allure Homme Sport and make it my warm weather go-to fragrance.

Bleu is mainly renowned for its amazing opening--and it is great, one of the best around--but for my money, the drydown is where this fragrance really stands out. It's got a really nice, clean vetiver note that lends it an air of sophistication that separates it from other run-of-the-mill sports/aquatic fragrances. I've read a lot of the reviews on here, and it doesn't get much love. But I think it's a really solid release all things considered, and it will come into its own this spring/summer. Having said all that, I will say that it is a bit overpriced. That's the one big drawback I see with Bleu. It's slightly higher than any of the other Allure series releases which is a bit hard for me to understand.

Tested all tree last month because I was looking for a summer fragrance.
    I found Homme Sport the best of the three sporty Allures. Too much citrus in the other two.
    Still I thought Homme Sport was too round from start, so I didn't buy it.
    Just got the normal Allure which I really love and being so simular I knew I wouldn't give Homme Sport much attention.

Bleu is nice, but a bit of a weird woody/aqua mix. I might need some more time to grow into that.
    Besides, everyone seems to be wearing that one at the moment.

Instead I picked Platinum Egoiste as my summer Chanel for this year. And I'm sure I picked the best one for my needs.
    Much more original then the 3 sporty allures: layered and beautiful notes that all please me.
    Now bring in the sun!!

+7 Blanche

bleu. maybe i was expecting a lot from edition blanche though because of the praise it gets here.
    “A beautiful perfume is the one which gives us a shock: a sensory one followed by a psychological one."

Edmond Roudnitska (1905—1996)

I still cant figure it out...I think Ill wait for Issey Summer Edition For a Designer Summer Frag.
    -AVENTUS-

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBee456 View Post
    I still cant figure it out...I think Ill wait for Issey Summer Edition For a Designer Summer Frag.
    You might wanna give Versace Pour Homme a try. Its overall scent is somewhere between Allure Homme Sport and Edition Blanche.

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    You might wanna give Versace Pour Homme a try. Its overall scent is somewhere between Allure Homme Sport and Edition Blanche.
    i agree with that , versace pour homme too me it's very similarto allure homme sport
    it is a cheapest alternative

yesterday i tested for the first time edition Blanche
    on my right wrist
    and also tested Virgin Island Waters on the outside part of the hand
    i don't know if for the fact that the application areas were to close
    i couldn't differ from each other to much
    Virgin Island Water is lime and coconut, and has a creamy suntan viBe
    and Edition Blanche has a creamy viBe too, and has the lemon too (creamy lemon pie as much people had descriBed it)
    has anyBody out there smelled similarities in this Both fragrances?

in conclusion:
    it is a very hard decission, i would go for allure homme sports Because it has Better projection and sillage
    while edition Blanche i felt it closer to the skin, and it didn't last too much on my skin, mayBe 5 or 6 hours
    also it has a disgusting opening note for me, it reminded me of tar, But the dry down is really good, quality scent
    and mayBe i would Buy allure homme sport first, But some time later i would Buy the edition Blanche too

EB> sport cologne > bleu > homme sport

...summer or winter, for me the best 'normal' Chanel is 'Antaeus': the best from 'Les Exclusifs' are for me 'Sycomore' and 'Coromandel'...

Edition Blanche for me.
    My most favorite scents that I can't be without:
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge
    Dior Homme Intense
    Fahrenheit

From this specific selection: Bleu.

Blog Entries

1st choice: Bleu de Chanel
    2nd Choice: Edition Blanche

I have both Edition Blanche and Bleu de Chanel, and for me, even though Blanche starts with its fresh lemon, it moves into a "heavier" sweet oriental (tonka) base which for me gets a bit much in hot weather (though it does certainly last more than a few hours). Bleu would work better; after the grapefruit-mint-ginger opening, the base is a lighter vetiver-"wood" accord which I doubt will get as cloying in heat.

It also does not smell like laundry detergent to me, but hey, everyone has their own associations.

Best advice, as always, is to test for yourself and go with what YOU enjoy, not with what gets the most votes on a forum.

Allure Homme Edition Blanche. I'd been concerned about longevity when I first tested it, but I find it lasts well.