Code of Conduct

Default Ahhhhh Allure Homme - Did I Make The Wrong Choice?

So something like 2 months ago I made my first big purchase - Allure Homme Sport.

With it, I received a very nice sample of Allure Homme (with a sprayer!). Anyways, for some reason, I decided to put it in my pocket before school today (I didn't put on anything). (Oh, and I'm in high school) About halfway through the day, on my way to lab, I decided to give it a spray on the neck when there was no one near me. Mannnn did/do I love it! It smelled so clean and crisp, yet still having that refinement and kick of Chanel. I didn't get any direct compliments, but the girl in front of me during lab seemed to turn around to ask questions way more than usual

I just took a whiff of my Allure Homme Sport, and it feels pale in comparison right now.

Did I make the wrong choice with Allure Homme Sport? I've been wearing it almost every day for quite some time, so maybe this enthusiasm is just because of having something a little different? I suppose I could see the same thing happening with Allure. Either way, it's been about 6 or 7 hours and I couldn't really smell it too well anymore so I just did another spray for the heck of it

Default Re: Ahhhhh Allure Homme - Did I Make The Wrong Choice?

Allure homme and AHS are both good. I bought AHS for the hotter months where I live. Allure homme is a timeless classic, but I prefer it during the cooler days.

Sounds like you just have good taste to me.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

It takes time to sort these things out. I no longer think there are easy, quick answers in this hobby. My guess here is that your ability to appreciate complexity in frags may have developed a bit from the time you made the purchase.

Allure Homme > Allure Homme Sport. But don't fret, you have an easy to wear all weather fragrance, so that's a good thing. I know I couldn't wear AH in the summer.

Platinum < Blanche = Bleu = Sport < Allure < Antaeus < Egoiste.

Youre going into the right way!

Allure Homme Sport is an amazing fragrance, in fact, I like Sport more than Allure Homme.
    AHS is a sexy and very masculine scent. Regular Allure is more unisex IMO

Both are great in their own ways...I have both, and love both of them...depending on my mood and the weather determines which one I wear...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Quote Originally Posted by LAU4ENC3 View Post
    Did I make the wrong choice with Allure Homme Sport?
    No, you're fine.

allure homme sport is awesome ^ ^ don't worry bout it, girls dig it

Blog Entries

Yes. But then, if you've been wearing the same thing every day for quite some time, olfactory fatigue has probably set in. Personally, l find that if l wear the same fragrance for more than about 5 days at a time, l stop noticing it & lose interest in it. This can be avoided by having a choice of things to wear, so if you can afford it, go buy that bottle of AH!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanT View Post
    Allure Homme > Allure Homme Sport. But don't fret, you have an easy to wear all weather fragrance, so that's a good thing. I know I couldn't wear AH in the summer.
    This pretty much
    Smellin good

AHS is lovely for the summer. A high quality fresh scent. AH is better placed in cooler seasons or for nighttime I think. They're both lovely really, but AH is gorgeous.

Basenotes Plus

This will always happen no matter how good you think that one purchase is. There is always another fragrance more attractive or intriguingly 'different'. That's why one of the oft-heard advice here is to 'sample, sample, sample'. Just because you like one scent, it doesn't necessarily mean you'll love all 100ml of it. Sometimes all you need is just the occasional whiff, once every few days. This is something that smaller decants or even miniatures can satisfy.

I think AHS is a nice summer/after workout fragrance that has enough quality to wear every day. I think you just need to purchase some others to give yourself variation. All fragrances become mundane if worn daily.