Code of Conduct

Default Kouros Sport Cologne

I tried this one some time back in an Ulta back when they carried it. Smelled basically like a toned-down version of Kouros but with the same attitude - still spicy, a little dirty, and completely badass. Anyway, I finally get around to ordering this one off of fragrancenet -- along with a couple of blind buys in the form of Caron pour Homme and Yatagan -- only to spray and find out that it smells NOTHING like I remember. Instead of a badass Kouros lite, it smells like a measly, cucumbery little aquatic sports fragrance. Very similar to Kouros Tattoo, which I strongly dislike.

Luckily, the Caron frags smell fantastic (more on that later) but I am incredibly disappointed with this Kouros flanker. I dunno if it's reformulated, if I got a bad bottle, or if my nose just sucked when I tried it first, but man is it weak. Already disappeared off my wrist after a couple hours too. I'll probably be looking to swap this one later on.

Default Re: Kouros Sport Cologne

I think it smells good (from what little I remember), but I agree that it's pretty weak.

Yeah, this makes me wonder if they did something to it. It definitely didn't seem cucumbery or particularly aquatic.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

IMO one of the better sport colognes.

If Kouros Cologne Sport had better staying power with better radiance, I would surely have a full bottle of it. Yes, bad ass for shizzle.

I hope you got the right flanker, Mr Sparkle ? There are a few and hopefully nothing was accidently ordered instead of the correct one ?
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Blog Entries

SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

For interest:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/224...ete-Set-Review

EDIT: Apologies Grottola - I'm sure post #5 wasn't there when I posted mine.

@Surfacing: I'm pretty sure I ordered the right item. The box/bottle looks exactly like this: , so it's definitely the cologne sport.

@Grottola: I read everything in that link, although there's not much information on the cologne sport. Anyway, someone mentioned a "melon" note in the sport version, which may be what i'm interpreting as cucumber.

@LiveJazz: I'll have to give it a few proper wearings to make up my mind, but I definitely get an aquatic / cucumber melon type vibe from it. It's definitely a lot weaker than the original that's for sure.

On the other hand the Carons I got were really good, I'm liking them a lot so far. The lavender in Pour un Homme is perfect, smooth and creamy, just a touch herbal but not harsh or too medicinal smelling, and the vanilla is sublime. I like Yatagan a lot as well, it's bone-dry, piny, and really has that celery smell that a lot of reviewers mentioned, it smells great and very unique. Nice woody drydown as well.

Yup, Sparkle, thats the right one. You are right. Too bad its not working, but I bet you can swap or sell it off easily on the boards here. The original Kouros is just too much for me, so I'm dissapointed this flanker didn't work for me either.

I got a sample of Caron pour Un Homme kicking around, so I'm gonna pull it out in the next couple of days. Hope it is nicer than my first try ( ages ago before I got into more "older" scents).

Yatagan is everything you say it is. But just not for me. Its an amazing creation for sure. I want to try it again too. The only thing is, I smelled it on another gent a few months back and didn't like it. I think he was wearing too much. Thats the first and probably the last time I may smell a Caron fragrance on anyone where I live
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Kouros Cologne Sport doesn't have huge sillage, no. It stays very close to the skin, but I do experience good longevity: more than 6 hours. I don't perceive the cucumber-y thing, I smell a floral, woodsy musk. Lots of musk, with a slight similarity to Kiehl's original musk.
    Snarky is as snarky does.

@Bossa Nova: I definitely get the floral notes in KCS. I can't help but wonder if I'm anosmic to some of the musks in this juice, since it completely vanished on me ~3hrs after I sprayed it. Never smelled Kiehl's so I don't have that scent as a reference, unfortunately.

@Surfacing: I can definitely see Yatagan being offensive if you OD'd on it. Ah, why do the Too Much Cologne guys have to run around causing trouble and ruining scents for people? I'd probably do 1 or 2 sprays with the stuff, just enough that someone who's close to me may think, "what is that interesting aroma?" and lean closer for a sniff.

Hopefully Pour un Homme works better for you this time when you try it. I think it's a really nice scent. It smells as good as a >$100 niche scent to me in terms of pure quality of ingredients. It's hard to believe I got the bottle for $30. Maybe I should give Le Troisieme Homme a spin as well, Caron seems to be quite a good house.

KCS is a a really good scent. The longevity could be better, and the projection could be better, BUT, as it is this is a very good compliment to Kouros. The muskiness is fantastic, but I just don't like to wear musky scents. If I did, I would own this again. The shower gel is fabulous!
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Kouros Cologne Sport is amazing stuff. I was never sure if I could really pull it off, but it's one of my all time favorites. So clean and also dirty. It smells so "Mediterranean" to me, with its fresh herbs and crisp breezy topnotes. The whole concept and execution is brilliant--especially the bottle, which is a cool take-off of the Kouros bottle-- I don't know exactly why it is, but Kouros Cologne Sport has probably my favorite bottle.

KCS is just good IMO, but what can you really expect from a flanker?

Sur la Plage

This is a fantastic fragrance that I absolutely love. It's very worthy of the Kouros name attached to it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I got a hold of a slightly used bottle recently. I like it for a sporty fragrance. Surprisingly, my wife is a fan.

I'm glad that this fragrance is working for some. To me it smells absolutely NOTHING like Kouros which is a disappointment. I wonder if I would like it better if I could smell the musk that danho and a few others mentioned.

@Indie_Guy: I do agree with you that the bottle is fantastic, I also find it very attractive for some reason.