Code of Conduct

Default Is there a Lush Fragrance that smells like a Lush store?

Hey all!

I love the smell of Lush stores. The cumulative total effect of all the soaps and cosmetics ... I haven't been able to try any of the Lush fragrances. Is there one that captures that Lush store vibe? I want a Lush store in a bottle!

Thanks!!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Is there a Lush Fragrance that smells like a Lush store?

Hey Mike! I love the smell too, so many people seem to hate it! l think Tuca Tuca comes the closest to capturing that glorious aroma.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Count me in as a lover of the 'Lush Smell'! Oddly enough, I find that Chinatown by Bond no 9 smells pretty similar to heady aroma of a Lush store. It's worth a try.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

I love the smell of LUSH too. Just coming down the street you suddenly get the whiff of something lovely.
    DONNA

I would just love to have a perfume version of Honey, I washed the Kids! My local Lush varies in aroma by what they put out front. At Christmas the smell of Cinders and The Mandarin's Tea Party were so gourmand yummy, lately more floral. I did buy a lot of the Christmastime soaps, Mandarin is wonderful, and Snow Globe with the grapefruit scent is so perfect as a pick me up and will be grand in the summer.

Sakura, and Karma after it has dried down for a while

Thanks for all the tips! Gonna try those! A friend of mine let me try Breath of God today and I detected a small element of what I'm looking for. I think your recs are gonna be closer to the target. THANKS!! :-)

I love Breath of God (in fact I've been suggesting it ad nauseam in this forum), but luckily I don't detect any of the tutti-frutti wave of Lush stores in it. I think the other suggestions are more on target. though I think you should go with BoG nonetheless.

cacio

I'm not really a fan anymore. The reason, I once worked in a perfume store. People would always say they would want the smell of the store, bottled as a scent. Before I worked there, I also enjoyed the scent. But it's a jumble of a lot if scents and it's too much. You should try their perfumes and experiment. Remember to come up for air. Somtimes it's the excitement if the choices and the little luxuries in stacks that are the most captivating.

Checking out the Bond no 9's is a good idea. Most Bonds are pretty powerful with a lot of notes. Coney Island and Washington Square (love) have fruity elements.
    Last edited by Kalynne; 26th February 2011 at 04:51 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    I love the smell too, so many people seem to hate it!
    Save us from the Barbarians! LOL

I can no longer exist without those shampoo bars
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

I was hooked on the shampoo bars... but then I got hi lites, and it made the color fade.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

MikeNY, I still have the Gorilla samples set. If you would like them (free), PM me your address.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 28th February 2011 at 05:00 AM.

Sorry for necroing this thread but a helpful Lushie pointed me to it from our international forum

As some of you may know I'm a junior perfumer at Lush. I work on product perfumes (for example the latest launch of a new multi-use product FUN features two of my scents; pink and yellow, and this Christmas, there will be a whole lot of products scented by me, too).

This summer, I made a perfume called 29 High Street for a bath product. The product itself didn't get released but Mark Constantine liked the perfume and thought featuring it as a Lushfest special in July might be nice. Five hundred bottles were made and sold there. Somewhere in the process the scent got re-named to HQ. Anyway... I tried to capture the scent of a Lush shop when you first walk in. Obviously this is a highly personal experience but I've had some nice comments from our customers who've smelled the perfume "blind" without knowing what it was supposed to be and reacted by squealing: "It smells just like a Lush shop!". It's by no means a "grand" perfume, but it's very comforting and wearable with a sweet, creamy dry-down. I included key elements from all our best selling products (so it opens with lemongrass from Avobath, then you get a big hit of Honey I Washed the Kids, a bit of Patchouli to represent Karma and there's Tonka and musk in the drydown).

Hilary from Lush has some plans to bring this back out (and this time, call it what it was supposed to be originally: 29 High Street, after the address of the original Lush shop in Poole).

I can't tell you much more than this at the moment but do keep a look out.
    523432_439118216121305_1387456109_n.jpg

Congrats on your work at Lush! I like the smell of many of Lush products, they're unpretentious, fun, and entirely winning.

I must confess that the tuttifrutti smell of a Lush store doesn't sound particularly enticing, but as usual, who knows - I'll certainly test it if it comes here. Incidentally, I'd love to have B scent sold in stores - my vote for the next one to be included in the guerrilla series in stores. though i may be the only one to buy it ...

cacio

When Lush was Cosmetics To Go, they had a fragrance called 29 1/2 after the store in Poole. It was a quite heady floral, I did own it.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    Congrats on your work at Lush! I like the smell of many of Lush products, they're unpretentious, fun, and entirely winning.

I must confess that the tuttifrutti smell of a Lush store doesn't sound particularly enticing, but as usual, who knows - I'll certainly test it if it comes here. Incidentally, I'd love to have B scent sold in stores - my vote for the next one to be included in the guerrilla series in stores. though i may be the only one to buy it ...

cacio
    Thank you for the congrats

Tutti Frutti is a fun way to describe the Lush cacophony - I must admit trying to compose a perfume that wouldn't just be a total mess, yet somehow evoked the "Lush smell" was quite an interesting challenge. That's why I picked materials that I know feature heavily in our best-sellers. I also selected a few materials I know Mark and Si like to use in their perfumery.

B Scent is actually the first Lushie perfume I bought. I got it downstairs at the B shop six years ago just after my job interview with Liz Bennett.

The Smell of Freedom comes extremely close, with its mishmash of essential oils and something really soapy in there, its literally like walking into a Lush shop and getting the onslaught of scent from all the soaps.

The other one is Daphne by Comme des Garcons, which is just gorgeous and also captures the full Lush experience, but bit less harsh and loud, more refined.

Lush sells a fragrance that captures the essence of the company. They exclusively sell it in their 1st shop in Poole UK and it is called 29 (it is the actual shop number)
    Call\email them and they will be able to send you one!
    I have one and it makes me smile each time I spray it...almost medicinal against bad mood
    Cheers,
    david

Quote Originally Posted by davidcontact View Post
    Lush sells a fragrance that captures the essence of the company. They exclusively sell it in their 1st shop in Poole UK and it is called 29 (it is the actual shop number)
    Call\email them and they will be able to send you one!
    I have one and it makes me smile each time I spray it...almost medicinal against bad mood
    Cheers,
    david
    Thanks, David - glad to know a fragrance I created is acting as an anti-bad mood tonic