Code of Conduct

Thread: Paprika Brasil

Hybrid View

Default Paprika Brasil

Any fans?

I'm on my 2nd or 3rd 4 ml decant of it. The opening I could take or leave, it actually smells kind of feminine to me. The dry down is amazing though. Woods and spices that are irresistible. I went to Wal Mart tonight to do a late night grocery order.. there were maybe 8 people in the store. A guy complimented me and asked what the name of it was and I told him and he typed it in on his phone. Then when i was checking out, the lady who rang me up complimented me. She said it didn't reek of chemicals, and we started to talk about fragrances, she said she also works at the Chanel counter part time at Macy's. She actually put her nose right up to my arm and said "wow" and smiled. I think it made her boring night. It made my shopping experience more pleasant as well, and it made me realize that Paprika Brasil's dry down is no joke, folks.

All of this happened after PR was applied to my skin -- about 5-6 hours ago.. so 5-6 hours in. Still projecting. I think what is so great about most of the Hermessence fragrances, is their projection. I mean.. ya they're unique, but they project in the beginning, middle and end, so everyone around you gets to smell everything. Some may say they are completely linear and the same from start to finish, but I strongly disagree. They all go through subtle changes, like how a tomato grows. It's green and small for so many days, and you don't notice it changing. Then one day, ya walk outside, and your tomato is bright red, ready to be picked and devoured. (We have a massive green house here--so there's the analogy :P)

Default Re: Paprika Brasil

I tried Paprika Brasil at the Hermes store and liked it. I like that Hermes allows mixing and matching of any 4 Hermessence fragrances.

the drydown is between the Iris of Bois de Iris and the openig remember
    some notes of Cartier Declaration !!
    I like Paprika Brasil , and yes ... the drydown is lovely !
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

Paprika Brasil is one my favorites Hermessences and I think it's vastly underrated. Like you The_cologneiest I find it to be quite powerful in its projection and lasts quite a while, however it's never overbearing. I find it to be a slightly spicy floral with a rooty iris undertone; certainly one of the most unique of the Hermessences.

Blind bought this, hardly use. I couldn't find an appropriate situation to wear it.

Which weather season is suitable for this fragrance?

Quote Originally Posted by hdp View Post
    Blind bought this, hardly use. I couldn't find an appropriate situation to wear it.

Which weather season is suitable for this fragrance?
    Spring & Fall! Summer = too hot, Winter = too cold. The pepper/spice/woods/floral fragrance works best in the Spring for me, with a very small application.

It smells nice and the form that's there is in the right shape, but it's one of Ellena's more anemic and evanescent efforts. Like a few others from the line, I spent more time convincing myself that I liked them than I ever actually did once I owned a bottle and wore them for awhile.

It's one of my favorites in this line.

Yeah, I love it and blew through a decant in a couple months.
    '...And you'll carry me down on your dancing
    To the pools that you lift on your wrist...'

I like it too. But I prefer amber narguille, poivre samarcande and vetiver tonka.

I have always liked Paprika Brasil much more than all of the early reviews of it. I know it is a simplistic view, but I think the fragrance has an image problem and is basically misunderstood. Its not a spicey "red" fragrance, but is a pepper and green dry wood and iris scent. There is very little sweetness or warmth in the fragrance like most of the other Hermes fragrances have, but I like its fresh naturalness. Projects fine for me. Along with Ambre Narguille it is a favorite Hermessence.

Basenotes Institution

One of my favorite Hermessences, it always make me think of pimentos when I wear it. Slightly salty, briny, almost tart iris. It smells fantastic when I'm sweaty also (it was my de-rigeur scent for the gym the entire time I owned a small bottle). I miss it.

IMO, JC Ellena took a tiny part of this scent and blended it to make Eau de Gentiane Blanche by Hermes. If you haven't tried this The_Cologneist, please do.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    One of my favorite Hermessences, it always make me think of pimentos when I wear it. Slightly salty, briny, almost tart iris. It smells fantastic when I'm sweaty also (it was my de-rigeur scent for the gym the entire time I owned a small bottle). I miss it.

IMO, JC Ellena took a tiny part of this scent and blended it to make Eau de Gentiane Blanche by Hermes. If you haven't tried this The_Cologneist, please do.
    TY Mike, didn't even notice this fragrance. I added this to my abnormally extensive test list; I'll be sure to check it out sometime down the road.

It`s a Hermessence fragrance that doesn`t get much attention, but it should. I agree that the best part is in the dry-down. I have no longevity problems with this one. Unfortunately I have difficult to find the right occasion to wear it, so I`m doubtful if I shall keep it or put it on my swap-list..