Code of Conduct

Default Dior Homme Versus Chanel Allure Homme

Well I was all set to buy Chanel Allure Homme after getting Egoiste and loving that. I read a lot of the reviews saying how wonderful it was so I went into town to buy it.

I thought it would be a formality and I would love it so I took the tester and sprayed it on my wrist expecting a heavenly fragrance.lol

What I got was the most generic boring undistinguished fragrance I have smelled in a long time. I even doubled checked the writing on the bottle as I kept thinking this is not Allure by Chanel. This cannot be the same fragrance house that made the Legendary Egoiste.lol

So I was forced to try out Anteaus which was a great musky strong fragrance that I did like. Then I spotted a fragrance called Dior Homme which I know nothing about so I had to let my nose make the decision for me as you can be clouded by preconceptions.

I walked out of the shop letting Anteaus and Dior Homme settle on my skin and the Dior Homme was really nice and alluring and I ended up buying that. There is a chocolate accord in it that I find enchanting. I'm just glad I did not buy Chanel's Allure blind.

Banned

Default Re: Dior Homme Versus Chanel Allure Homme

What are perfumes? (Jeopardy answer)

Nice to see all the Dior Homme love on tbis board. It's fab....

I wouldn't call Chanel Allure Homme the most generic boring ... but it isn't as special in composition as Dior Homme. Dior Homme is high quality stuff in my book but not versatile, I only wear it on more semi-formal occasions. Chanel Allure Homme is very versatile, non-offending and could be a signature fragrance. It's also liked by a lot of women
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Dior Homme is more striking, modern and unusual for a mens fragrance, but Allure Homme is gorgeous also. In a more conventional way though. I think they're both very, beautiful elegant creations.

The first time I smelled Allure, I had the same initial reaction to nineXseven though. It seemed "boring", but after a few tries it really grew on me.
    Last edited by Riverwide; 24th February 2011 at 01:28 PM.

Sur la Plage

Dior Homme is the only choice in this contest IMO.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

YEP , Dior homme worth a try
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Dior Homme is revered in BN for a pretty solid reason.. it literally shook me up the first time i wore it. i was confused when i first sampled it on skin.. i immediately got the mak.. kit association... but let it settle it literally engulfs the wearer with a sublime, unmatched powdery aura..

saying so.. Allure Homme too is a very good scent. both cant be compared. Allure too smells very sophisticated and demure at the same time. very classy fragrance.. matter of fact...in this era of generic scents... Allure Homme stands apart.

Allure Homme opens up with fresh notes. And if you let it develop on your skin, it becomes warm and spicy, woodsy and earthy, and musky and sweet. It's a safe, yet complex scent.

fountain

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Dior Homme is the only choice in this contest IMO.

Good choice, but you should still get Antaeus some time! Both scents are outstanding.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

They're both great scents. You made a good choice.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    They're both great scents. You made a good choice.
    They practically the same scent. Dior with the ghost of violet leaf and Allure with the ghost of labdanum.

Allure for me, typifies 90's frags.

Thats why i dislike it! Its very 9os clean smell. Dior Homme deserves to be a future classic imo. The intense is even better but i agree its special occasions only.

Dior Homme by farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

its a matter of taste, but keep in mind Allure Homme has been around for a while, while Dior homme is more modern and up to date. Yes, after allure homme, you have many other fragrances that sort of went that route. typical fresh up top, spices in the mid, and tonka in the base. I would rate allure homme higher, for smell as well as quality and potency of ingredients used.

Allure homme.

Allure homme for me too. It was between these two I chose from. But Allure home just had what I was looking for. Dior homme is Nice too though.

Allure Homme for me. IMO If you're judging fragrances based on one sampling you're going to miss out on a lot of good stuff. Allure Homme is known for taking awhile to judge the complexities.

Anyway, that and I can't stand Dior Homme. Though Dior Homme Intense is nearly my favorite fragrance, go figure.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Last winter I used Allure Homme religiously - I used nearly nothing else!
    A year ago I didn't think I'd say this today, but this winter I've used Dior Homme and Dior Homme Intense religiously!
    So, at the moment, I'd say Dior Homme!

Chanel Allure beats DH with complements by a long shot IMO. But wear what u like

A lot of people rave about Dior Homme here, but to me it smells like NOTHING! Literally, I have tried this scent a few times and I cannot for the life of me remember anything about it, unmemorable, not distinct.

A lot of people say Dior Homme Intense is better, but unfortunately it isn't available in Oz (( and I cannot blind buy seeing as how I don't like the original

go Allure Homme

Between Allure and Dior Homme, I would choose Allure, however, the Intense concentration would make me change my mind in favor of Dior Homme

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Between Allure and Dior Homme, I would choose Allure, however, the Intense concentration would make me change my mind in favor of Dior Homme
    +1 Exactly what I was going to post.

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    +1 Exactly what I was going to post.
    +2 same here

Allure Homme for me over DH.

Not a big fan of Allure but it easily beats Dior Homme.

DH is such a poor sickly synthetic mess, i despair when i see it hyped up on BN, i really do.

Basenotes Junkie

The lipstick smell in DH is too much for me. I pick Allure Homme