Code of Conduct
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 600 of 1145
  1. #541

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Unvisible View Post
    just ordered one from walgreens. if it isn't a 2011 batch, do you think they'd let me exchange it??
    I wouldn't see why not.

  2. #542

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    that is just flat-out wrong.

    representatives from CREED have ALWAYS admitted to there being natural variations in their fragrance due to the changing nature of sourcing ingredients. they (and i) consider it a selling point and something to enjoy. if you don't believe me, call the Creed Boutique in NYC and ask them about it.

    it's only some people on this website that consider it a negative and go apeshit about it...
    Ok, I didn't know that. Thanx for info. Anyway, I wasn't complaining or something. I still love GIT.

  3. #543

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    ...
    Last edited by Loud_One; 28th February 2012 at 01:36 AM.

  4. #544

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    ...
    Last edited by Loud_One; 28th February 2012 at 01:36 AM.

  5. #545

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Unvisible View Post
    just ordered one from walgreens. if it isn't a 2011 batch, do you think they'd let me exchange it??
    You'll get a 2011 bottle, most likely batch S3211P02.

  6. #546

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    So, as stated earlier, I'm getting amazing longevity out of GIT. Wore it all day (sprayed it on at round 8am) and my wife just commented on how good I smelt (it's now 9:40pm); granted she was giving me a hug. This stuff is absolutely amazing. It's not a sillage monster, however, I was able to subtly detect it all day. My bottle is 2011 and I'm hoping Creed resolved any batch problems going forward because this just might be my signature scent going forward, along with Aventus.

  7. #547
    Dependent chili_willi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    1,635

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Loud_One View Post
    You'll get a 2011 bottle, most likely batch S3211P02.
    Here's hoping that's a good batch! I just got my shipping confirmation email from Walgreen's today. Woooo!!

  8. #548

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by TimandT View Post
    Aventus is better. GIT is harsh. It's too strong IMO. I only sprayed two sprays and it fills up my whole office. I like it but think every month it's getting effin stronger. Maybe I'm just having a bad day. FML
    I LOVE Aventus, but the more I wear GIT, the more I like it. It's definitely my 2nd favorite, right behind Aventus, and it is my go-to as a high-quality daily wear fragrance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unvisible View Post
    just ordered one from walgreens. if it isn't a 2011 batch, do you think they'd let me exchange it??
    I'm not sure about exchanging, but you can definitely return it to your closest Walgreens B&M store. The B&M stores don't carry any good colognes, so I'm guessing if you do an exchange, you will have to mail it back to them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Loud_One View Post
    You'll get a 2011 bottle, most likely batch S3211P02.
    I think I bought (and sold) the last S3211P02 bottle from Walgreens.

    They've been sending out A3211P03 bottles... the batch I kept.

  9. #549

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Question, is GIT a suitable evening fragrance ?? is it interesting enough to be a "night out" fragrance ??

  10. #550
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    District of Columbia
    Posts
    267

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by psylence2k View Post
    Question, is GIT a suitable evening fragrance ?? is it interesting enough to be a "night out" fragrance ??
    depends on the setting at night... a club or fancy restaurant? not really. an outdoor event or a more relaxed pub setting? absolutely.

  11. #551

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    depends on the setting at night... a club or fancy restaurant? not really. an outdoor event or a more relaxed pub setting? absolutely.
    I beg to differ. GIT is quite appropriate for a nice dinner, a club or a night that includes black ties and LBD's.

  12. #552

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    I think GIT is a near perfect scent for virtually every occasion, any season. I tend to wear other colognes in given situations -- MI during Summer and on weekends; Dior Homme during evenings; Chergui during winter and sometimes on dates; etc.

    GIT has no limitations, in my book.
    Current Top Five:

    1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

  13. #553

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Has anyone ordered from Fragrancex recently? Just want to be sure they´re shipping 2011 batches before pulling the trigger...

    Walgreens discounts are not available at this time.

  14. #554

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBuyer View Post
    Has anyone ordered from Fragrancex recently? Just want to be sure they´re shipping 2011 batches before pulling the trigger...

    Walgreens discounts are not available at this time.
    I know fragrancex's MI's are 2011 vintage, or were as of last month. Can't say for sure about GIT. I'll bet if you emailed them, they'd tell you. I've always had very good success with fragrancex.
    Current Top Five:

    1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

  15. #555

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBuyer View Post
    Has anyone ordered from Fragrancex recently? Just want to be sure they´re shipping 2011 batches before pulling the trigger...

    Walgreens discounts are not available at this time.
    Why buy from FragranceX? Do you have a code?

  16. #556

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Just received a bottle of GIT from walgreens today. Batch A3211U02. I can't really compare this to other batches as this was a blind buy...it seems really potent though.

    A couple of nit picks. This is my first Creed and I have to say that I don't like the fit of the cap at all. Ridiculous. Also, the sprayer is either not designed properly, or it's not fitted on the tube correctly. I think it's a combination of both. When sprayed, juice is leaking from under the sprayer nozzle. I think the issue is that this mechanism is trying to spray too much juice out at once. LOTS of juice comes out of the sprayer but also some leaks from between the "female" connection point under the sprayer cap and the "male" tube that goes into the sprayer cap. Also, I like the black but the bottle design definitely leaves something to be desired.

    I'm very happy with the scent, but the bottle sucks.
    Wild at Heart and Weird on Top

  17. #557

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Smells_Familiar View Post
    Just received a bottle of GIT from walgreens today. Batch A3211U02. I can't really compare this to other batches as this was a blind buy...it seems really potent though.

    A couple of nit picks. This is my first Creed and I have to say that I don't like the fit of the cap at all. Ridiculous. Also, the sprayer is either not designed properly, or it's not fitted on the tube correctly. I think it's a combination of both. When sprayed, juice is leaking from under the sprayer nozzle. I think the issue is that this mechanism is trying to spray too much juice out at once. LOTS of juice comes out of the sprayer but also some leaks from between the "female" connection point under the sprayer cap and the "male" tube that goes into the sprayer cap. Also, I like the black but the bottle design definitely leaves something to be desired.

    I'm very happy with the scent, but the bottle sucks.
    Return it and order a new bottle.

  18. #558
    Basenotes Junkie mikesc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    914

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Loud_One View Post
    Return it and order a new bottle.
    Absolutely return it. A leaky bottle is months of heartache.
    Tom Ford Splits Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

  19. #559

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Loud_One View Post
    Return it and order a new bottle.
    I have to agree

  20. #560

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Smells_Familiar View Post
    A couple of nit picks. This is my first Creed and I have to say that I don't like the fit of the cap at all. Ridiculous. Also, the sprayer is either not designed properly, or it's not fitted on the tube correctly. I think it's a combination of both. When sprayed, juice is leaking from under the sprayer nozzle. I think the issue is that this mechanism is trying to spray too much juice out at once. LOTS of juice comes out of the sprayer but also some leaks from between the "female" connection point under the sprayer cap and the "male" tube that goes into the sprayer cap. Also, I like the black but the bottle design definitely leaves something to be desired.
    You might've gotten a defective bottle because mine sprays perfectly with no leaks and the cap fits just fine.

    In fact, Creed makes one of the best, if not THE best sprayer in the fragrance market.

  21. #561

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Loud_One View Post
    Return it and order a new bottle.
    I have to agree

  22. #562

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    I have always had either a loose fit or too tight fit with all my Creeds caps. Their bottles are hit and miss. All of mine have been purchased from the Creed boutique.

  23. #563

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Got my bottle today from Walgreens. The sprayer does not work. I can push down and no juice comes out no matter now many times I push. Returning it tonight.

  24. #564
    Basenotes Junkie mikesc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    914

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    How many times did you try? My new GIT bottle took like 15 pumps before anything cam out. Normal for new unsprayed bottles, but I think the Creed bottles take longer to prime the pump.
    Tom Ford Splits Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

  25. #565

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    I know fragrancex's MI's are 2011 vintage, or were as of last month. Can't say for sure about GIT. I'll bet if you emailed them, they'd tell you. I've always had very good success with fragrancex.
    So I did. I tryed yesterday and they answeared they can´t answear that lol!

  26. #566

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Loud_One View Post
    Why buy from FragranceX? Do you have a code?
    They gave me a discount because of a order problem. So GIT will cost me about 120 bucks shipped. Better deal so far.

    Damn it! Can´t believe I lost that AWESOME bargain from Walgreens!

  27. #567

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing View Post
    Got my bottle today from Walgreens. The sprayer does not work. I can push down and no juice comes out no matter now many times I push. Returning it tonight.

    It took me like 50 pumps to get my aventus bottle working. i was about to return it too. glad I didn't. works flawlessly now.

  28. #568

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    still no dice. leaking now instead of spraying.

  29. #569

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing View Post
    still no dice. leaking now instead of spraying.
    Take the top black spray nozzle off, then reattach it. Then try pumping it again. I did that with my Aventus bottle in addition to the many pumps. Not sure if it contributed to it finally working, but it's worth a shot.

  30. #570

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Don't be afraid to push down hard on the sprayer. Man-handle it and really pump it hard and make sure you push it down as far as it will go. I had the same problem, but after I did this the juice started flowing freely.

    As far as my leaky bottle...it seems to have corrected itself. I'll update if it starts leaking again. I do want to say that I love the fragrance. Fantastic spring/summer (or year round) scent!
    Wild at Heart and Weird on Top

  31. #571

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by mikesc View Post
    How many times did you try? My new GIT bottle took like 15 pumps before anything cam out. Normal for new unsprayed bottles, but I think the Creed bottles take longer to prime the pump.
    Whoa around 15 pumps? Mine only took like 3-4.

  32. #572
    Basenotes Junkie mikesc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    914

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by luvinfragsguy View Post
    Whoa around 15 pumps? Mine only took like 3-4.

    I wasn't counting , but it was between 12 -15 pumps. I definitely knew I wasn't sold a used one. Worked fine after it got going.
    Tom Ford Splits Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

  33. #573

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    I was sold a used bottle of GIT by Fragrancenet back in January. I returned it.

  34. #574

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    I returned a fragancenet bottle as well. it did not last more than 10 seconds. also, yesterday, I received a sample from the perfumed court for GIT. I am 100% sure that it is cool water. I know this because I have smelled GIT before, and have worn cool water as the only fragrance I've had for the past 5 years. so, not going to purchase from the perfumed court again.

  35. #575

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Loud_One View Post
    I was sold a used bottle of GIT by Fragrancenet back in January. I returned it.
    Really, did it spray right away...no priming needed?

  36. #576

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Yup sprayed right away. I looked at the amount in the bottle (with a flashlight from one side, 4.0oz bottle) and it seemed low. Sure enough when I got a new bottle it was filled to the top.

  37. #577
    Basenotes Junkie mikesc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    914

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Loud_One View Post
    Yup sprayed right away. I looked at the amount in the bottle (with a flashlight from one side, 4.0oz bottle) and it seemed low. Sure enough when I got a new bottle it was filled to the top.
    Interesting. I didn't know you could see through those black bottles.
    Tom Ford Splits Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

  38. #578

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Hey guys, how long does this project on you?

  39. #579
    Super Member racuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    209

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by mikesc View Post
    Interesting. I didn't know you could see through those black bottles.
    You can see through it with a flashlight in a dark room. The bottle is actually really dark purple.

  40. #580

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    I just use a big Maglite. Shine the flashlight on one side and look through the other side.

  41. #581

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    Hey guys, how long does this project on you?
    It projects a long time on me. Probably like 4-5 hours hard

  42. #582

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by racuda View Post
    You can see through it with a flashlight in a dark room. The bottle is actually really dark purple.
    Interesting!

  43. #583

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    What about silage?

  44. #584

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    The spillage I get is great for about 2-3 hours but then again I'm not really smelling myself like others but I think the sillage for me is 2-3 hours (strong)

  45. #585

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    The extent of sillage is really pretty hard to judge accurately when you're the one wearing the scent. I get a good 5 hours of strong projection with my bottle and I can easily smell it on my skin 10 hours out. Batch A3211U02. Very potent batch imo, however, I've never smelled any other batch.
    Wild at Heart and Weird on Top

  46. #586

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Loud_One View Post
    I was sold a used bottle of GIT by Fragrancenet back in January. I returned it.
    My bottle says the volume filled is 87.5%. That means the bottles aren't necessarily filled to the top. This is not an exact science though...I've got backup bottles of a number of different frags and none of them came filled to the exact same level.

    My GIT bottle that I received from walgreens is filled to about 5mm from the top of the horizontal "shoulders" if that makes sense. This seems to approximately correspond with the 87.5% volume claim on the bottle. Also, the sprayer wasn't charged. Of course someone could have decanted a bit and then turned the bottle upside down and sprayed until there was only air in the tube...but I don't think that is the case.
    Wild at Heart and Weird on Top

  47. #587

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Smells_Familiar View Post
    The extent of sillage is really pretty hard to judge accurately when you're the one wearing the scent. I get a good 5 hours of strong projection with my bottle and I can easily smell it on my skin 10 hours out. Batch A3211U02. Very potent batch imo, however, I've never smelled any other batch.
    I have same batch. Very potent!!!!!!

  48. #588

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    I got A3211P02

  49. #589

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    about a month ago I ordered a 4 oz bottle of GIT from fragrancenet. when I recieved it, the smell would literally last for about 10 seconds (even when sprayed on clothing). I returned the bottle and kind of gave up. now I've decided to give walgreens.com a try. my 4 oz will arrive tomorrow if on schedule. However, when I look at my tracking information on ups, it says the shipper is fragrance net. I'm really hoping I don't get another bum bottle. seems like such a hassle just to get a bottle that smells and does what it's supposed to.

  50. #590
    Super Member racuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    209

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Unvisible View Post
    about a month ago I ordered a 4 oz bottle of GIT from fragrancenet. when I recieved it, the smell would literally last for about 10 seconds (even when sprayed on clothing). I returned the bottle and kind of gave up. now I've decided to give walgreens.com a try. my 4 oz will arrive tomorrow if on schedule. However, when I look at my tracking information on ups, it says the shipper is fragrance net. I'm really hoping I don't get another bum bottle. seems like such a hassle just to get a bottle that smells and does what it's supposed to.
    I've received three shipments of GIT from Walgreens and I've never seen a shipper's name listed in the tracking info. All three were shipped from Uniondale, NY.

  51. #591

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    mine is too. uniondale is only 17 miles from deer park, which is where fragrancenet is located. that's why I'm confused as to why the shipper name is fragrancenet, not walgreens. I'm hoping they aren't just sending me another dud from fragrancenet. I emailed walgreens about this. we'll see if they respond.

  52. #592

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Fragrancenet fulfills walgreens orders. It will be shipped from fragrancenet.

    Everyone has been receiving 2011 batches which have all been excellent. Be happy you're getting an awesome batch for much less than retail!

    The one you received with terrible longevity was probably a 2010 batch

  53. #593

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    you are correct UNCAlumni2009, I just got my resopnse from walgreens and fragrancenet is the vendor. hopefully it is a 2011 batch. it just seems odd that a month after I got my previous bottle (that I returned) that all of a sudden fragrancenet would be shipping great smelling 2011 batches. we shall see : )

  54. #594

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    yeah, the good thing about buying from walgreens is that you can return it at any of their stores if you wish.

    You probably got the last of the 2010 batches the first time around.

  55. #595

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Got my replacement bottle today. No leak and I got it spray after trying about 30x. Batch # A3211U01. Smells great. Just sprayed a little on the back of my hand since I am already wearing a fragrance. My 1st Creed! Need to sample Aventus sometime.

  56. #596

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    You got a great batch. It's potent and yes. Def try aventus. You will be impressed

  57. #597
    Super Member racuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    209

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCAlumni2009 View Post
    yeah, the good thing about buying from walgreens is that you can return it at any of their stores if you wish.
    True, but at my local Walgreens it took them over an hour to figure out how to refund my two bottles, since they don't carry it in the store.

  58. #598

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by racuda View Post
    True, but at my local Walgreens it took them over an hour to figure out how to refund my two bottles, since they don't carry it in the store.
    I had the same experience; well, it was actually only about 20 minutes, but still a lengthy time. The clerk finally just gave me cash from the register rather than charge the purchase back to my card, as they couldn't get it to process correctly on their terminal.

  59. #599
    Super Member racuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    209

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    I had the same experience; well, it was actually only about 20 minutes, but still a lengthy time. The clerk finally just gave me cash from the register rather than charge the purchase back to my card, as they couldn't get it to process correctly on their terminal.
    What they finally had to do was to add it to their stock, as if they carried it, then they could process a refund.

  60. #600
    Lovescully's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dulwich Hill, Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    264

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    I've only just received my first full bottle of this beauty yesterday here in Australia all the way from the U.S.A. In Sydney a full bottle of this costs AUS$366.00 from a retail store (David Jones). My (non-tester) fully packaged and unused bottle only cost me AUS$139.00 (thanks in part to a strong Aussie dollar at the moment) including postage; so to say that I'm pleased is an understatement!

    Although I've worn a test sample before from a 2010 batch, today's my first full wear of this classic from my own bottle. The batch number on my bottle is: A3211P81. The only real difference in scent I can detect so far is a slightly soapier feel to this new one, whereas the test sample I had worn from 2010 seemed a bit fruitier (maybe). The real difference I can detect between the batches appears to be the longevity. I put this on about 5 hours ago and it's still going very strong. The 2010 sample never seemed to last much longer than about 4 hours maximum. This truly is an outstanding fragrance.

Similar Threads

  1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    By Basteri in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 24th September 2008, 04:36 PM
  2. Official Green Irish Tweed olfactory pyramid...?
    By DULLAH in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15th December 2007, 05:22 PM
  3. CREED GREEN IRISH TWEED - please help
    By JP1234 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 16th July 2005, 06:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •