Code of Conduct
Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

Stay away. They might conveniently not be around just when you need them.

Well I suppose I'm going to be waiting a long time to get any GIT, because I refuse to use sites that have a .5/10 rating on Resellerratings.com. Unless I want to spend $285, which I don't either.

You'll need to trust your judgement on this. Even the Creed Boutique I know has gotten returns based on possible quality questions. If you're suspicious, go with a company that will back their products such as Fragrancenet.com . FYI Fragrancenet is a publicly traded company on the stock exchange. They would be totaly obliterated and wiped off the planet if they screwed around with what be considedered not the best interest for their company. This past summer I had a problem with a 4 oz bottle of Creed original Vetiver , they mailed me a return tag, and they credited my account. No questions asked. What do you have to lose. You're losing more than you're winning. When you win you're saving 50%. Case closed. Good luck.

Good point, maybe I just needed to hear exactly how they took care of said issues. I don't understand how so many bad reviews are out there for them if you've had that kind of experience.

I just saw Walgreens is doing a 20% code right now, which means I could get GIT for $107... should I jump on that?

A3210K01

That's the batch I just got from Walgreens. Reading here makes me kind of worried it's not going to be great, but since I've only been using sample vials from eBay maybe it'll be OK.

$107.00. I know some people have had good luck with Walgreens. I'd say go for it.

Well, I sprayed the first half spray on my shirt and a full spray on my neck just to get it "primed". I went and worked out and could still easily smell it on myself after sweating and having it on for 2-3 hours, so that's a good sign I guess. If most people are putting 2-3 full sprays on I should get a decent life out of it.

It does smell different than all the samples I've been using, but once it's on for awhile it gets closer. Not a bad smell, just more "flowery" than I'm used to. I'll see how it goes, but it still definitely smells good.

Enjoy. Welcome to the club.

Thanks.

Still kind of curious about my batch... if this is a "bad" one I wonder what a "good" one smells like.

*shrugs*

Wore GIT today as my SOTD and it makes me wonder why I don't wear it more often. I sprayed 5 sprays on at 6pm (1 chest, 2 neck, and 2 wrist) and at 1 am I can still clearly smell it on my wrist. It's already hit the 7 hour mark so maybe I'll get 8+ today! The drydown is beautiful btw.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Just wondering if anyone has got this batch A3210E01 of green Irish tweed? Any thoughts on it? I've just got some and assumed I would be sent the 11 batch number.

seems pretty week, could be wrong

I got 2 units 2.5oz from this batch and 1 4oz from A3211. Must say that both are beautiful, but this year batch (the later) is substancially more powerfull. It lasts about 2x. Monster sillage in the 2-3 first hours and calms down before that for more 4-5 hours, but never becoming a skin scent. Only the tail becomes shorter. It only became a skin scent after more than 8-10 hours. I was stunished with that cause my batch from last year is gone after 3-4 hours (becoming a skin scent after the first couple of hours).

FTW: It costed me 102,00 bucks shipped to Brasil on a promo!

I have batch # A3211N01 just purchased. I noticed it doesn't have quite the longevity yet that I have from an older bottle. Does anybody think this will get better with age? My other bottle is 2 years old and it's incredible. Lasts all day. This new bottle is not bad in comparison but not great like my last bottle. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by PA4455 View Post
    I have batch # A3211N01 just purchased. I noticed it doesn't have quite the longevity yet that I have from an older bottle. Does anybody think this will get better with age? My other bottle is 2 years old and it's incredible. Lasts all day. This new bottle is not bad in comparison but not great like my last bottle. What do you think?
    People say that Creed fragrances do get better with age. That may likely be the case.

I can smell mine all day on my shirt and occasionally depending on how I move my arms... I got home at 9PM tonight and I could still smell it a bit.

That said, it's still definitely different than the sample vials I've had. Smelling the nozzle it almost smells sweeter, but my nose is garbage right now and I can't pick apart the scents yet. I had someone else at work say they liked it again though so it must still smell good.

What lot # did you get. My most recent bottle I got is A3211N01. So far good but not great yet. As I said earlier my original bottle is lot # A3209x03. 3 years old and this bottle is absolutely amazing. 11 hours +. Can't wait to see how my new bottle blossoms. Creeds I hear blossom with age.

I got A3210K01.

sounds like a good lot. If I apply my newer bottle at 8:00 am I can still detect it at 3:00 PM but after that it starts to fade a bit, although it's still there. My 3 year old bottle is still kicking at 6:00 PM, and beyond. This bottle belongs in the Green Irish Tweed Hall of Fame.

Walgreens during this holiday time was offering 4oz with a 20% coupon for 107.00 + tax. Received it this past week and couldn't believe it was a batch from this year lot # A3211P01. All serial numbers and markings on the box are 100%. and it smells great. Also it appeared that it was drop shipped from Hauppauge New York. Wonder what that means? Creed must have over produced this fragrance for the holidays. Has anyone else had a good experience with this store for Creed?

Walgreens during this holiday time was offering 4oz with a 20% coupon for 107.00 + tax. Received it this past week and couldn't believe it was a batch from this year lot # A3211P01. All serial numbers and markings on the box are 100%. and it smells great. Also it appeared that it was drop shipped from Hauppauge New York. Wonder what that means? Creed must have over produced this fragrance for the holidays. Has anyone else had a good experience with this store for Creed?
    From what I understand Walgreen's partners with Fragrancenet (and possibly other discounters); at least the items I have ordered from Walgreen's end up shipping from the same city as my orders from Fragrancenet. Basically you are buying from Fragrancenet (or another company) through the Walgreen's portal, which is strange because it ends up being significantly cheaper than going straight to the FN website.

The first GIT I got from Walgreen's was garbage (2010 batch), but they do in store returns so I got my money back and placed a new order. Got it a few days ago, and it's a 2011 release and much, much better. I actually like ordering from Walgreen's for fragrances because you can get some great deals (picked up a 100ml Burberry London for $27 last week) and can return in store, which avoids the hassle of mailing them back.

This is got to be by far I think one of the best kept secrets, because no one really discusses this site, which i'm surprised. I'm sure some people are scepticle, and would rather pay retail @ $285.00, but why would they? . I have Creeds in my collection I've paid more for but now I'm beginning to see how the distribution process works. Someone is making a lot of money for sure. looking forward to see what else they carry in the future.

Hadn't yet posted in the Official GIT thread. Count me in. Bought mine from Parfum1 couple years ago, but when it runs out might try the retailers mentioned here.

Just pulled this one out today from a few months of inactivity. Is it me or does this stuff smell really mossy and musky when you bury your nose into your skin for a smell right after you spray it? My bottle seems to work best when the air catches it and brings the scent to you rather than sniffing it close on the skin. Anyone else pick up on this, or does my bottle just suck now lol

I think what you're catching is the essence of all the ingrediants that make up this wonderful fragrance. I get the same blast from my bottle in the beginning. Especially from one particular bottle I have from 09. Best bet is to wait a few moments after spraying GIT and wait for the dry down. I don't think you got a bad bottle, in fact I think your bottle may be getting better. Only you would be able to know if the projection is better than the last time you used it. btw what is the lot #? Creed fragrances as long as they're stored properly you should get at least 8 years.

I think what you're catching is the essence of all the ingrediants that make up this wonderful fragrance. I get the same blast from my bottle in the beginning. Especially from one particular bottle I have from 09. Best bet is to wait a few moments after spraying GIT and wait for the dry down. I don't think you got a bad bottle, in fact I think your bottle may be getting better. Only you would be able to know if the projection is better than the last time you used it. btw what is the lot #? Creed fragrances as long as they're stored properly you should get at least 8 years.
    Yeah, I enjoy GIT a lot. Not my favorite simply because the longevity isn't that great for me on my skin. But as it dries down its a very nice scent. The lot number I have is A3209X02...never looked into how good of a batch that is so I don't know much about it.

My GIT smells like green Irish hillside on a wet rainy day. It's quite nice.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

The lot # on my GIT is A3209X03. Almost same lot number as yours. Strong blast at first. Dry down is simply the best. Even if you believe the longevity is not there, I'd bet after even after four hours someone will detect this on you, even if you don't detect it. I've gotton compliments after 7 hours.

How many sprays does everyone typically do? I myself do 4 (2 sprays on wrist, 1 on neck and 1 on chest). Anyone spray on their clothes? I ask because I have a fresh 2011 batch and longevity isn't up to par with my samples. To my nose I get around 4 hours, while with my samples I get a good 8 hours.

One on each side of the neck, one on each wrist, one behind the back of the neck, one to the chest. done. For me never on clothes. longevity I would give it a couple of months, more than likely first sprays from a new bottle, especially when it's new will give that first impression of not being 100%. Keep working with that same bottle. I have 2 bottles lot # A3211N01 and a new bottle lot # A3211P01 that was given to me for the holidays, and I assure you that with time the longevity along with the fragrance itself will get better with time. The wonderful thing about Green Irish Tweed is that is the journey. Enjoy.

Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast