Code of Conduct
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

Quote Originally Posted by racuda View Post
    True, but at my local Walgreens it took them over an hour to figure out how to refund my two bottles, since they don't carry it in the store.
    LOL

Funny you guys are reporting the same thing I experienced when I had return my GIT bottles to a B&M Walgreens store. The manager also took about an hour to finally figure out that he had to input it manually into their systems in order to do a return / refund. He even called a Walgreens customer service rep for 20+ minutes. Hung up and was frustrated they didn't help him at all.

Anyway, been wearing Aventus 5 days straight. Time to put on some GIT tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like

Double post

Quote Originally Posted by TheBuyer View Post
    So I did. I tryed yesterday and they answeared they canīt answear that lol!
    That's too bad. They've gone the extra mile for me in the past, and they're one of the few online discounters that don't deface Creed serial numbers. Those are the two reasons I order from them. I guess if they sell a lot of GIT, they don't want to tell you a specific serial number, sell out of that batch, and have you get upset at getting a different batch.
    Current Top Ten:

1. Creed Millesime Imperial
    2. Serge Lutens Chergui
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Creed Virgin Island Water
    5. Chanel Eau de Cologne
    6. Thierry Mugler Pure Havane
    7. Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme
    8. Bulgari Blu
    9. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    10. YSL Kouros

Quote Originally Posted by Loud_One View Post
    I just use a big Maglite. Shine the flashlight on one side and look through the other side.
    This is a good suggestion, and actually works on nearly every opaque bottle I own.
    Current Top Ten:

1. Creed Millesime Imperial
    2. Serge Lutens Chergui
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Creed Virgin Island Water
    5. Chanel Eau de Cologne
    6. Thierry Mugler Pure Havane
    7. Van Cleef & Arpels Pour Homme
    8. Bulgari Blu
    9. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    10. YSL Kouros

Post Thanks / Like

I was at NM today and was looking at a GIT tester. I noticed they have the code (or was it batch number?) on the bottom outside rim so you can read it when its still sitting on the shelf. I couldn't see the bottom because there were stickers the SA put on there with notes. The one I got aw Walgreens just has the lot number printed on the bottom. Is that the only number that comes on the bottles?

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    That's too bad. They've gone the extra mile for me in the past, and they're one of the few online discounters that don't deface Creed serial numbers. Those are the two reasons I order from them. I guess if they sell a lot of GIT, they don't want to tell you a specific serial number, sell out of that batch, and have you get upset at getting a different batch.
    Yes. Problably that.

Anyways, ended up buying one batch number blindly lol!

Hoping I get an 2011 one. Finger crossed!

Post Thanks / Like

GIT was my SOTD and I can still smell it on my wrist 7.5 hours after I put it on. I'm starting to thing my mystery batch is a 2011.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

finally got my 4 oz from walgreens (fragrancenet). it is indeed a 2011 batch and smells really good. again, no lot number on the bottle, it has been sanded/shaved off. the box says it's 2011. however the longevity sucks. only lasts maybe an hour when sprayed 3 or more times on clothes. I'm going to keep this one though, smells so good. something about GIT makes it so far apart from cool water, and I'm beginning to wonder what it was that made me think they smelled the same. I think of it as them both having the same DNA, being siblings. not exactly alike, but you can see a resemblance. and I do not see one being better than the other.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unvisible View Post
    finally got my 4 oz from walgreens (fragrancenet). it is indeed a 2011 batch and smells really good. again, no lot number on the bottle, it has been sanded/shaved off. the box says it's 2011. however the longevity sucks. only lasts maybe an hour when sprayed 3 or more times on clothes. I'm going to keep this one though, smells so good. something about GIT makes it so far apart from cool water, and I'm beginning to wonder what it was that made me think they smelled the same. I think of it as them both having the same DNA, being siblings. not exactly alike, but you can see a resemblance. and I do not see one being better than the other.
    If it only lasts 1 hour there is something seriously wrong with it. Creed isn't known for great longevity for the most part, but even my GIT lasts 6-7 hours. Are you sure you aren't sniffing it too much and getting olfactory fatigue?

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    If it only lasts 1 hour there is something seriously wrong with it. Creed isn't known for great longevity for the most part, but even my GIT lasts 6-7 hours. Are you sure you aren't sniffing it too much and getting olfactory fatigue?
    Olfactory fatigue for sure. It is easy to be enamored by a fragrance and sniff it too much.

I have a 2011 batch and I applied it at 7:AM and when I took a shower at 6:30 the following morning I could still smell it when the hot water hit it.

Post Thanks / Like

I would return it if it only lasts 1 hour. I got a bottle as well from Walgreens and its a 2011 that lasts at least 4 hrs.

Post Thanks / Like

Olfactory fatigue for sure. It is easy to be enamored by a fragrance and sniff it too much.

I have a 2011 batch and I applied it at 7:AM and when I took a shower at 6:30 the following morning I could still smell it when the hot water hit it.
    It helps that you got that Carolina humidity to bring it out

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

well, it lasts longer than the 4 oz I got from fragrancenet a month ago. that lasted 10 seconds. I'm hoping you're right. I sprayed maybe 5-6 sprays on the shirt I wore yesterday, and I can only smell it when I press my nose to it.
    by the way mesa boogie, I love axe kilo! : )

Post Thanks / Like

If the bottle is brand new I've found that for some unknown reason the GIT bottle needs a little time to breathe. Trust me after about a week of usage you'll find one day that your bottle of Green Irish Tweed will expolde with all the longevity you'd expect from this wonderful fragrance.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

and how do I go about letting it breathe?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA4455 View Post
    If the bottle is brand new I've found that for some unknown reason the GIT bottle needs a little time to breathe. Trust me after about a week of usage you'll find one day that your bottle of Green Irish Tweed will expolde with all the longevity you'd expect from this wonderful fragrance.
    Very true

Post Thanks / Like

At the time when these fragrances are factory decanted, the bottles for the most part are air tight till you purchase it and give it that first spray. From that initial moment what you've done is you have allowed air to make its way into the bottle, commonly known as breathing. From that moment your fragrance begins its time shelf journey typically 6-8 years. This fragrance will get better as a result of you allowing air into the bottle and using the fragrance. I found this out with Bois du portugal when I first bought it, and I couldn't understand what all the hype was about, until about a week or so after I used it, and then came revelation. Don't compare Creed to any of your other fragrance experiences. I've found with experience it is truly in a league of its own. Enjoy your GIT. Let me know how it works out for you.

Post Thanks / Like

however the longevity sucks. only lasts maybe an hour when sprayed 3 or more times on clothes. I'm going to keep this one though, smells so good.
    It may just be your nose. Ask someone else if they can smell it on you after maybe 5 hours. Preferably someone who you haven't been standing next to for long.
    Wild at Heart and Weird on Top

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smells_Familiar View Post
    It may just be your nose. Ask someone else if they can smell it on you after maybe 5 hours. Preferably someone who you haven't been standing next to for long.
    I have had that happen with MI. I thought it had faded and asked someone else who told me it was strong.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't believe I found this thread now.

Please keep us in the loop about other Walgreens sales! I really want to pick up a bottle or two when they go on sale!

Post Thanks / Like

Have spent the past month or so sampling various fragrances. Settled on GIT and ordered myself a 4oz. I have a hard time stopping myself from licking my arm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G View Post
    Have spent the past month or so sampling various fragrances. Settled on GIT and ordered myself a 4oz. I have a hard time stopping myself from licking my arm.
    post what batch you get because i just returned a bottle of a3211p03 because of how weak it was. i'd put in another order but i'm not looking to get another crappy bottle

Quote Originally Posted by kidofthekids View Post
    post what batch you get because i just returned a bottle of a3211p03 because of how weak it was. i'd put in another order but i'm not looking to get another crappy bottle
    Oh shoot! This is the batch I'm swapping for. Brutal!
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

damn...sorry bro. it lasts 2 hours tops and had very little violet/lemon. it was very flat and dull compared to my s3211po2. 1 sprays lasts me a good 4-5 hours of the s-batch and the a-batch 4-5 sprays is barely noticeable and hour later. quality control sucks over at creed

Post Thanks / Like

damn...sorry bro. it lasts 2 hours tops and had very little violet/lemon. it was very flat and dull compared to my s3211po2. 1 sprays lasts me a good 4-5 hours of the s-batch and the a-batch 4-5 sprays is barely noticeable and hour later. quality control sucks over at creed
    Not sure how you're coming to that conclusion, but my A3211P03 bottle is amazing. It projects extremely well for about 5-6 hours on me, then becomes a great skin scent for another 2-3 hours. Strong violet leaves for the first 1-2 hours and it lasts throughout. My experience is completely different from yours and others here have been reporting that it is a very good batch of GIT:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/272...=1#post2420960

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/272...=1#post2433756

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/272...=1#post2438102

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    Oh shoot! This is the batch I'm swapping for. Brutal!
    I wouldn't worry about it.

Is there any particular time of the year when the previous year batch (in this case 2010) runs out and mostly the year after batch (2011) is sold ??

Has anyone gotten a 2010 batch from Walgreens recently or are they just shipping out 2011 by now ??? and around when would they probably start shipping 2012 batches??

I want to pull a trigger on a bottle but it sucks that scent quality varies so much.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear your stuff was weak. Mine is A3211UO1. It seems to have got quite a bit of love here before. BTW I bought mine from cheapsmells.com.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got A3211U02 and I've got lots o love for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psylence2k View Post
    Is there any particular time of the year when the previous year batch (in this case 2010) runs out and mostly the year after batch (2011) is sold ??

Has anyone gotten a 2010 batch from Walgreens recently or are they just shipping out 2011 by now ??? and around when would they probably start shipping 2012 batches??

I want to pull a trigger on a bottle but it sucks that scent quality varies so much.
    I haven't heard about anyone getting a 2010 batch since early January of this year.

I haven't heard about anyone getting a 2010 batch since early January of this year.
    Thanks for replying

So it's safe to say that if you order from a reputable seller like Walgreens that you'll surely get a 2011 batch ??

I was just wondering because everyone seems to be praising the 2011 batch for amazing longevity and projection but I still see some people in the last page or two who recently got theirs and are saying the projection and longevity sucks.
    Last edited by psylence2k; 18th March 2012 at 02:28 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks for replying

So it's safe to say that if you order from a reputable seller like Walgreens that you'll surely get a 2011 batch ??

I was just wondering because everyone seems to be praising the 2011 batch for amazing longevity and projection but I still see some people in the last page or two who recently got theirs and are saying the projection and longevity sucks.
    The projection and longevity does suck with 2011 batches - at first. It isn't until you get about 70% through the bottle that a noticeable change occurs. If you're a moderate GIT user like me, this should take you at least eight months to a year to do. By that time, plenty of air has crept into the bottle (mine actually leaks a bit at the atomizer) and the oxidization that has been occurring has had plenty of time to strengthen the components. I tend to think there's a residue or something that collects towards the bottom of the bottle, making that part incredibly strong. Whatever the case may be, GIT only gets stronger and stronger the longer you keep it. I had an eleven year-old bottle that actually smelled like it had strong musk in it, rather civet-like. But it was still GIT, and really good GIT at that.

Frankly, I don't think GIT smells any different year to year, but it seems time can make the stuff more potent.

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post
    The projection and longevity does suck with 2011 batches - at first. It isn't until you get about 70% through the bottle that a noticeable change occurs. If you're a moderate GIT user like me, this should take you at least eight months to a year to do. By that time, plenty of air has crept into the bottle (mine actually leaks a bit at the atomizer) and the oxidization that has been occurring has had plenty of time to strengthen the components. I tend to think there's a residue or something that collects towards the bottom of the bottle, making that part incredibly strong. Whatever the case may be, GIT only gets stronger and stronger the longer you keep it. I had an eleven year-old bottle that actually smelled like it had strong musk in it, rather civet-like. But it was still GIT, and really good GIT at that.

Frankly, I don't think GIT smells any different year to year, but it seems time can make the stuff more potent.
    Thanks the rundown, I really appreciate it

but damn I'm even more confused now

as soon as the 2011 batch bottles started coming in , numerous ppl on here started claiming right away on first spray that it was one of the most potent in projection and longevity, now you're telling me that it takes a while to become strong and that it's rather weak at first instead of potent.

so is GIT like wine? you have to wait for it to get good ? or actually you said it's because of residue settling at the bottom? does this mean I should shake it up like a bottle of juice before spraying ??
    Last edited by psylence2k; 18th March 2012 at 04:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for replying

This will always be the case with this fragrance until they put something synthetic in it to make it last longer. It is all subjective. What is great longevity and projection to me may not be for you. Bottom line on GIT; it is what it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Testing mine more now that the weather is warmer. After the 3 hour mark it is hard to detect. I did 4 sprays. Chest, Neck, and each arm. Not sure if others can smell it but I can't.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I just received GIT batch # A3211P03 from fragrancenet.com. Absolutely amazing deep violet beginning scent that lasts well, especially compared to a A3210K02 batch I had that was terrible.

Post Thanks / Like

When I first bought my 2011 bottle from NM in Vegas, it seemed a touch weaker than my 09. After a few weeks, it started to change. And now, abiut 8 months later, LOOK OUT! This is a powerhouse. 3 sprays was too strong for work.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing View Post
    Testing mine more now that the weather is warmer. After the 3 hour mark it is hard to detect. I did 4 sprays. Chest, Neck, and each arm. Not sure if others can smell it but I can't.
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectscents View Post
    I just received GIT batch # A3211P03 from fragrancenet.com. Absolutely amazing deep violet beginning scent that lasts well, especially compared to a A3210K02 batch I had that was terrible.

What year are your batches???

Post Thanks / Like

What year are your batches???
    2011/12. I just got it 2 weeks ago via Walgreens.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine is 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing View Post
    2011/12. I just got it 2 weeks ago via Walgreens.
    Quote Originally Posted by perfectscents View Post
    Mine is 2011.
    Thanks

man I want to pull the trigger on a bottle but kinda scarred since it seems the longevity and projection is varying on 2011 bottles ??

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

man I want to pull the trigger on a bottle but kinda scarred since it seems the longevity and projection is varying on 2011 bottles ??
    that is GIT for you. I think all bottles are pretty much the same. I sprayed at 6:30am and can still pick it up on my arm just not very strong so 8 hours later it still has a trace. Not too bad.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=psylence2k;2506188]Thanks

u just have to take the plunge.

Post Thanks / Like

Meh, I have a bottle of "dreaded" 2010 MI... and after a few months, it's thickened and the melon note is quite present. Lasts 8+ hrs too.

I had an 08 batch I swapped with Neil4Speed (I think it was 08, right?). It was super thick and sweet. At that point I was overly concerned with batch variations, but I dunno, they all smell good, and now I appreciate the differences I shouldnt have been so stressed about.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

it's been about 2 weeks since I've started spraying my bottle of GIT. the longevity has not changed. this is one of my favorite smells in the world, it's too bad creed can't get there stuff together and make it last longer. even adidas cologne lasts longer than this. there really isn't any excuse. yes, got a 2011 batch and have been spraying it like crazy. I've come to the conclusion that while it does smell great, it just isn't worthy my time, effort and money to gamble on whether or not I "might" get a bottle that does what it's supposed to (last longer than about an hour.) sure, maybe my bottle will "ripen with age" like many say, but I don't want to wait until next year to use something. I figure creed can do the agingI am not writing this to complain, just stating my opinion about this, hopefully it might help others. it would be nice if creed would read this, because I think they are really losing a ton of customers because of longevity issues.

it's been about 2 weeks since I've started spraying my bottle of GIT. the longevity has not changed. this is one of my favorite smells in the world, it's too bad creed can't get there stuff together and make it last longer. even adidas cologne lasts longer than this. there really isn't any excuse. yes, got a 2011 batch and have been spraying it like crazy. I've come to the conclusion that while it does smell great, it just isn't worthy my time, effort and money to gamble on whether or not I "might" get a bottle that does what it's supposed to (last longer than about an hour.) sure, maybe my bottle will "ripen with age" like many say, but I don't want to wait until next year to use something. I figure creed can do the agingI am not writing this to complain, just stating my opinion about this, hopefully it might help others. it would be nice if creed would read this, because I think they are really losing a ton of customers because of longevity issues.

This is what I was afraid of, makes me nervous about throwing down money to grab a bottle. It would seem like I would keep having to return and exchange for a new bottle until I got a good one, do retailers like FragranceNet, Walgreens, etc allow that ??

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

this is actually my second bottle. first one came from fragrancenet directly, and I returned it. I must say that they have terrible customer service though. they did not answer my emails and I ended up having to call them. the bottle I currently have is from walgreens.com, which goes through fragrancenet, so.... I'm not sure about walgreens having a return policy with this, they may. but for me it's not worth the hassle anymore. I'd rather stick to my aspen or coolwater for a similar scent. at least it lasts longer than an hour, and I don't have to wonder if it's a good bottle or batch. take that for what it's worth

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

this is actually my second bottle. first one came from fragrancenet directly, and I returned it. I must say that they have terrible customer service though.
    Sorry you had a bad experience. Always sucks when an internet transaction goes awry.

they did not answer my emails and I ended up having to call them. the bottle I currently have is from walgreens.com, which goes through fragrancenet, so.... I'm not sure about walgreens having a return policy with this, they may.
    Walgreens has an excellent return policy. All you have to do is bring the bottle to your local Walgreens with a receipt, and they'll take it back and refund your money.

but for me it's not worth the hassle anymore. I'd rather stick to my aspen or coolwater for a similar scent. at least it lasts longer than an hour, and I don't have to wonder if it's a good bottle or batch. take that for what it's worth
    Or you could just buy directly from the Creed Boutique. And you wouldn't have to wonder if it's a good bottle or batch . . .

Post Thanks / Like

1 hour? not possible.

Post Thanks / Like

this is actually my second bottle. first one came from fragrancenet directly, and I returned it. I must say that they have terrible customer service though. they did not answer my emails and I ended up having to call them. the bottle I currently have is from walgreens.com, which goes through fragrancenet, so.... I'm not sure about walgreens having a return policy with this, they may. but for me it's not worth the hassle anymore. I'd rather stick to my aspen or coolwater for a similar scent. at least it lasts longer than an hour, and I don't have to wonder if it's a good bottle or batch. take that for what it's worth
    Having to phone a company to contact them is actually not that terrible. Could actually save time if you don't have to hold long. They also have a nice return policy. I have heard complaints about their customer service though, especially via email. As pointed out above, buying from walgreens is even easier if you have to return.

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post
    Or you could just buy directly from the Creed Boutique. And you wouldn't have to wonder if it's a good bottle or batch . . .
    Actually the Creed Boutique carries the same batches the discounters do so...

It's just a fact there's some variation in fragrances, especially if the formulation has good proportions of natural ingredients the variation between batches is exaggerated. From what I understand, Creed uses a good amount of natural ingredients so variations from batch to batch will occur.
    Last edited by Smells_Familiar; 23rd March 2012 at 03:12 AM.

I've been getting a lot of compliments lately from women on Green Irish Tweed. My bottle is from either 2003 or 2005, and the juice turns just as many heads as the day I bought it. It was funny the other day when I walked past this female coworker from another department. Her eyes had this look of total shock-- like she couldn't believe what she was smelling could be true. She sort of forgot herself there for a moment. She said, "You smell GOOD!!! What is that?!", so I told it to her so she could write it down. When I garner a compliment on GIT, women tend to get a little bit animated.

I really love this stuff.
    "He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative."-- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    I had an 08 batch I swapped with Neil4Speed (I think it was 08, right?). It was super thick and sweet. At that point I was overly concerned with batch variations, but I dunno, they all smell good, and now I appreciate the differences I shouldnt have been so stressed about.
    I can't remember right now, but that sounds about right. It was a new tester which I had purchased around that time.

They do all smell good, but the bottle which I swapped with you was different from some of these later 2011 batches which I are extremely harsh on the top, but settle down to something good.

As you said, they all smell good.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    I can't remember right now, but that sounds about right. It was a new tester which I had purchased around that time.

They do all smell good, but the bottle which I swapped with you was different from some of these later 2011 batches which I are extremely harsh on the top, but settle down to something good.

As you said, they all smell good.

Post Thanks / Like

If we accept the premise that GIT develops with air, is there any value in giving the bottle a bit of shake every now and again to mix the air into the liquid? Anyone do this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G View Post
    If we accept the premise that GIT develops with air, is there any value in giving the bottle a bit of shake every now and again to mix the air into the liquid? Anyone do this?
    That sounds plausible, and I admit I have shaken mine from time to time. How about decanting some into a container with a lot of surface area to create some super GIT?

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds plausible, and I admit I have shaken mine from time to time. How about decanting some into a container with a lot of surface area to create some super GIT?
    not a bad idea mate!

funny thing is i got mine from wallgreens online and it smells almost exactly like the GIT sample from neimans. Only thing is.. people can smell it for the first 2-3 hours but after that they cant but i can smell it on myself even around hour number 5 or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone have the a3211p03 batch? Is it a good one? Just returned my 2010 batch to Walgreens today and I have a chance to get the a3211p03 batch.

Post Thanks / Like

Having just got a few mls of this recently, its definitely a nice fresh crisp scent no doubt about it, but I wasnt blown away by it like I was say Aventus. I appreciate its nice and has such a more natural and refined vibe than cool water. Having said that ppl in the office seem to love the stuff and can apparently smell it on me all day. Im going to get a FB of it but man the batch variations with these creeds make me extremely cautious.
    "Geez, when are the 'We love Aventus' T-shirts coming out?"
    (Possum-Pie, 2012)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Osi1s View Post
    Having just got a few mls of this recently, its definitely a nice fresh crisp scent no doubt about it, but I wasnt blown away by it like I was say Aventus. I appreciate its nice and has such a more natural and refined vibe than cool water. Having said that ppl in the office seem to love the stuff and can apparently smell it on me all day. Im going to get a FB of it but man the batch variations with these creeds make me extremely cautious.
    most of the 2011 batches are great, just don't get any of the 2010 and you should be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Received my 2011 batch today. The 2011 batch is without a doubt MUCH better than the 2010. With the 2010, I literally got less than 2 hours on my skin and ZERO projection. With this 2011 batch, it's almost been 6 hours and I still smell it on myself. I'm surprised at the difference for GIT between one year to the next, but it's definitely there.