Code of Conduct
Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

You know , it's actually $167 for two bottles. That's just sick. I may be buying up those bottles right now. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by TimandT View Post
    You know , it's actually $167 for two bottles. That's just sick. I may be buying up those bottles right now. Lol
    They just added a 20% off coupon code today making 2 bottles $167.17.

Quote Originally Posted by racuda View Post
    They just added a 20% off coupon code today making 2 bottles $167.17.
    Did you end up getting this deal or did you have to buy for $224? If u bought for $224 just rebuy and return the 2 batches u hate most! Lol

The coupon code is : HEARTS20 and is till 4 febuary for those interessed. Gives 20% off.

Better stock up now!

Basenotes Member

Any suggestions for the second bottle, or do you recommend doubling down on the GIT?

Thinking outloud here...Trying to reason with myself to not spend $180 on 8 oz of GIT (or 4oz git and 4 oz of something else) even though it's a good deal. Maybe this will help other quick fingered buyers, lol.

I have a 4 oz GIT from over a year ago and use it often as a signature scent (my batch it potent and only requires literally 1-2 sprays at most). Haven't even used 1/4 of it yet. I was very tempted to jump on that Walgreens deal, but at the rate I'm at, I won't need a new bottle for another 4-5 years. So a new 4 oz now is very impractical.

It's easy to jump on deals like this, but only if you will actually be able to use the juice in a reasonable amount of time before degradation/rancidity (that whole aging wine analogy is bullcrap. Oils oxidize and go rancid).

Unless you don't really need it but want to be a total douche bag and stock up, then resale them on Basenotes for a profit.

For those who have been waiting to buy their first bottle of GIT, this is a good time to get jumped into the GIT gang.

Basenotes Member

I'm definitely hopping on this Walgreens deal. Buy 1 get 1 50% off AND a promotional code! If it's too good to be true it usually is, what is the catch?

Well, I guess it didn't matter for me anyways. I live in California (CA) and apparently they don't ship this nor many other Creeds to CA.

This product cannot be shipped to the following state(s):

AA
    AE
    AK
    AP
    AS
    CA
    CT
    GU
    HI
    MH
    MP
    PR
    VI

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Well, I guess it didn't matter for me anyways. I live in California (CA) and apparently they don't ship this nor many other Creeds to CA.

AA
    AE
    AK
    AP
    AS
    CA
    CT
    GU
    HI
    MH
    MP
    PR
    VI
    Dang! I live in CA too...when did that screen pop up for you? When I clicked CA for estimated arrival time it said Feb 7 but I didn't get that message, was it after you processed your order?

Quote Originally Posted by myk13 View Post
    Dang! I live in CA too...when did that screen pop up for you? When I clicked CA for estimated arrival time it said Feb 7 but I didn't get that message, was it after you processed your order?
    It says it under the Shipping tab under the picture of the bottle on the GIT product page: http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/cre...453798-product

Basenotes Member

It says it under the Shipping tab under the picture of the bottle on the GIT product page: http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/cre...453798-product
    thats too bad. Thank you. I wonder what would happen if I went to my local walgreens and had them try and ship to store if that would differ at all. I highly doubt it though.

edit - that's only the GIT. I see the Vetiver does not list CA. I wonder why that is
    edit - only the Vetiver can be shipped to CA

Banned
    Blog Entries

AA
    AE
    AK
    AP
    AS
    CA
    CT
    GU
    HI
    MH
    MP
    PR
    VI
    Beware, guys. This list has changed on a near-daily basis since the deals started. One week CT was on the list (which is my state), and then suddenly they were shipping to me again. Now, apparently, I'm back on the list, as are several other states.

Walgreens gets its Creed thru Fragrancenet and other discount sites, so that might have something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jbailla2 View Post
    Any suggestions for the second bottle, or do you recommend doubling down on the GIT?
    They really don't have anything else to purchase with it or else I'd be buying GIT and Aventus, but they really don't have much on there to choose from so why not get two bottles of GIT? not a bad deal, basically paying $83/bottle with the discount code. I don't really like any of those other scents on there that they have so I'm getting two bottles of GIT and selling the one and keeping one. They are shipping 2011 batches so go for it.

I had picked up a GIT with the 20% deal just before Christmas and got a 2011 batch. This deal is now too good to pass up, I've been wanting to pick up OV, so I just placed an order for OV and for $70 more a back up of GIT, don't really need it, but I just can't let this deal pass by. Together with tax came to $197 for both. I wish they had more choice in scents, the only other contender was RW, but I tried it again last week and just don't like it, so another GIT it was.

Basenotes Junkie

hows the longevity with the walgreens bottles?

Quote Originally Posted by Vince23heat View Post
    hows the longevity with the walgreens bottles?
    They're good bro. Any 2011 batch you get should be good and they're shipping 2011 batches.

Better hurry. This deal just hit Slickdeals frontpage and douchebags like this guy are getting ready to buy out GIT stock and flip it on eBay...

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpos...8&postcount=25

Convince me that I dont need 2 bottles from walgreens please.
    Want to trade - Chanel Platinum Egoiste for Dior Eau Sauvage...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    Convince me that I dont need 2 bottles from walgreens please.
    Sorry, but I will do the exact opposite. Buy 2 bottles, ship me one, split the other

Basenotes Junkie

might buy two bottles to swap

Shame Walgreen's can't ship to the UK

Anyone here thinking of buying but dont need two bottles? I will gladly take one off your hands and we can split the cost. I want to take advantage of the deal but can't since I'm in Canada. So if anyone is interested in ordering two bottles and splitting the cost then PM and we'll work something out.

Thanks!

Basenotes Member

Hey guys I was thinking of buying some GIT off perfumenet. I am a newb to purchasing online, with CREED, is there a significant difference if any from the bottles they sell labeled as "Testers" vs the normal ones?

Banned

I just ordered. two 4.0oz bottles of 2011-vintage GIT for $167.17. $83.59 per bottle.

that is mindboggling. almost as mindboggling as the two bottles of Royal Oud i got last week from Perfume Spot for $151 each.
    Last edited by Reckoner; 30th January 2012 at 05:23 PM.

Banned

wow... looks like i acted in the nick of time. i was just trying to show a friend the Walgreens site, and that buy 1 get another 1/2 off deal is now GONE.

Banned

also interesting.... i just went on the www.creedboutique.com website and tried to put 2 bottles of 4.0oz GIT into my cart and it says they have no more stock. apparently they just have 1 bottle left.

what's up with that?!? how can the Boutique run out of the most popular size of their most popular fragrance? strange...

Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    wow... looks like i acted in the nick of time. i was just trying to show a friend the Walgreens site, and that buy 1 get another 1/2 off deal is now GONE.
    That blows. I was just about to buy two bottles myself and it's gone! FML. Any info on why? They told me the bogo 50% is through 4th

I have two bottles of GIT A3211N01 and A3211P03, and try both smell fantastic. Just shows how much the 2010 batches were a complete disaster...

Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    It may have been a mistake to have two discounts going on at the same time.

Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast