Code of Conduct
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    It's good to hear the 2012 batches are consistent with 2011. How good is the longevity on your 2012 bottle? .
    Six hours for me.

Ive not had much chance to wear my GIT from cheapsmells.com but put some one at 3pm today then fell asleep and woke up at 7pm, pretty much nothing so I cross referenced it with this thread:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthr...oks-Like/page2

My box has a lot of differences to the one in the thread, how accurate the thread is, Im not sure but it does lead me to believe that my bottle is indeed fake.

Ive put some on the left inner part of my elbow and on the other some out of a sample I had of it so will see how they compare.

Anyone know if that thread is a good one to go by? Longevity wise, I should send the bottle back for that alone. Ive heard that bottles get better (not sure about longevity wise) once more air gets in them so suppose I was hoping that might be the case with mine. Going by that thread though, its not looking good at the moment.

I've never heard of fake stuff from Cheapsmells. Any issues are probably related to batch inconsistencies. Use it far a week or so and see if you still think it's weak after that.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ntense View Post
    Ive not had much chance to wear my GIT from cheapsmells.com but put some one at 3pm today then fell asleep and woke up at 7pm, pretty much nothing so I cross referenced it with this thread:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthr...oks-Like/page2

My box has a lot of differences to the one in the thread, how accurate the thread is, Im not sure but it does lead me to believe that my bottle is indeed fake.

Ive put some on the left inner part of my elbow and on the other some out of a sample I had of it so will see how they compare.

Anyone know if that thread is a good one to go by? Longevity wise, I should send the bottle back for that alone. Ive heard that bottles get better (not sure about longevity wise) once more air gets in them so suppose I was hoping that might be the case with mine. Going by that thread though, its not looking good at the moment.

I use it to suffocate cockroaches in my basement.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by icanzapyou View Post
    i use it to suffocate cockroaches in my basement.
    qft

Still not getting much longevity from it, whats this olfactory fatigue about then as it smelled ok on a postcard I sprayed it on a couple of nights ago, still fairly strong scent of it on there. Just doesnt seem to be lasting on my skin for some reason

Do I try another bottle from the same batch and hope that it was just the bottle and not the batch or not..?

Blog Entries

Do I try another bottle from the same batch and hope that it was just the bottle and not the batch or not..?
    Look, you are NOT going to get the Projection, Sillage, and Longevity from ANY Creed that you would from say a Bond no 9 or a Montale...They just are not marketed to project or last. I'm NOT saying those examples are "better" just monster sillage and longevity. If you get 4-6hrs with a close sniff, and 1 1/2hrs of wafting odor, consider yourself lucky. Some houses like Creed and Penhaligon's don't really care if anyone but the one wearing their juice can smell it...and even then, only for a short time.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

First Ive heard of anyone saying that tbh. From what I can gather on here, people seem to get monster projection and sillage from good batches of GIT. I for one am one of them whilst using the testers in the department stores anyway. Have never tried a Bond no9 or Montale to compare though.

Blog Entries

First Ive heard of anyone saying that tbh. From what I can gather on here, people seem to get monster projection and sillage from good batches of GIT. I for one am one of them whilst using the testers in the department stores anyway. Have never tried a Bond no9 or Montale to compare though.
    First it depends on how much you apply. 'monster projection and longevity may be possible with 6 spritzes, but not with 3. You can dump any fragrance on and get better projection...but the secret is not to waste it or stink up your whole office. Some frags have wonderful staying power b/c of ingredients and percentage oil vs. alcohol. I shoot for projection of half-an arms length and longevity of 7-8hrs, the length of time of a workday. I have NEVER gotten that from Creed. They smell good for several hours, then you must lift your shirt and sniff to get the notes. Age of a bottle will not really influence longevity, usually the top notes break down, and you are left with a bottle of base notes. Longevity also is dependent on oiliness of skin, and warmth of environment. Remember Science class, Heat radiates, and if your body and the environment are warm, the smell will carry further. Cool days without much exertion will cut into the projection. IF Creed has a problem with consistency of batches (as they Definitely DO with Aventus)...That is a poor quality control, and you should expect more from a company that sells their frags for $250/bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    Look, you are NOT going to get the Projection, Sillage, and Longevity from ANY Creed that you would from say a Bond no 9 or a Montale...They just are not marketed to project or last. I'm NOT saying those examples are "better" just monster sillage and longevity. If you get 4-6hrs with a close sniff, and 1 1/2hrs of wafting odor, consider yourself lucky. Some houses like Creed and Penhaligon's don't really care if anyone but the one wearing their juice can smell it...and even then, only for a short time.
    This x100. It is what it is folks. GIT is like that. Smells great but weak sillage and projection after a few hours. Those who say they have this magic bottle that lasts and projects are either lying or have a different sense of what good projection and longevity is. Let it go! This thread has turned into batch # BS and whatnot for too long. Enough. This is not directed at anyone just blowing off steam.

Try Creed Original Santal if you want projection, sillage and longevity. It hangs with ANYTHING out there.

Very good post Possum. Nailed the issue.

First it depends on how much you apply. 'monster projection and longevity may be possible with 6 spritzes, but not with 3. You can dump any fragrance on and get better projection...but the secret is not to waste it or stink up your whole office. Some frags have wonderful staying power b/c of ingredients and percentage oil vs. alcohol. I shoot for projection of half-an arms length and longevity of 7-8hrs, the length of time of a workday. I have NEVER gotten that from Creed. They smell good for several hours, then you must lift your shirt and sniff to get the notes. Age of a bottle will not really influence longevity, usually the top notes break down, and you are left with a bottle of base notes. Longevity also is dependent on oiliness of skin, and warmth of environment. Remember Science class, Heat radiates, and if your body and the environment are warm, the smell will carry further. Cool days without much exertion will cut into the projection. IF Creed has a problem with consistency of batches (as they Definitely DO with Aventus)...That is a poor quality control, and you should expect more from a company that sells their frags for $250/bottle.
    Starting to think that it may be heat related. Ive got oily skin so Ive got that part covered, projection and sillage wise, I think when I was trying out the testers, it was really hot at that time so may have been the reason that Im getting different results now.

I hear you with the batch inconsistencies, GIT is a very special fragrance to me though and is worth mucking around until I get a good bottle!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing View Post
    This x100. It is what it is folks. GIT is like that. Smells great but weak sillage and projection after a few hours. Those who say they have this magic bottle that lasts and projects are either lying or have a different sense of what good projection and longevity is. Let it go! This thread has turned into batch # BS and whatnot for too long. Enough. This is not directed at anyone just blowing off steam.
    Are you saying that the batches dont matter and that they all project weakly?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Try Creed Original Santal if you want projection, sillage and longevity. It hangs with ANYTHING out there.
    Tried it and while I really liked it, found that my skin didnt seem to like it as it just soaked it up. Shame really as its a great fragrance.

Blog Entries

First time I tried GIT it was winter. No projection, I couldn't smell it on me. I wore it again in the summer, warm humid, I smelled it longer, 4hrs sniffing, another 2 hrs if I lifted my collar and sniffed deep. MUCH better than winter...But still not the 8hrs I get from montale, Bond no 9 or even Mona di Orio, all about the same price/ml as Creed. I know batch variations exist in Aventus...too much circumstantial evidence...I don't know about GIT, I own a bottle of A3211x01 and it seems about the same as samples I've tried over the years.
    Last edited by Possum-Pie; 5th October 2012 at 11:08 PM.

First time I tried GIT it was winter. No projection, I couldn't smell it on me. I wore it again in the summer, warm humid, I smelled it longer, 4hrs sniffing, another 2 hrs if I lifted my collar and sniffed deep. MUCH better than winter...But still not the 8hrs I get from montale, Bond no 9 or even Mona di Orio, all about the same price/ml as Creed. I know batch variations exist in Aventus...too much circumstantial evidence...I don't know about GIT, I own a bottle of A3211x01 and it seems about the same as samples I've tried over the years.
    Out of curiosity, do you have oily skin or dry skin? I think the type of skin a person has plays a big role especially on these fresher fragrances. I got drier skin and on me fresher scents are kinda weak, but some of the heavier, sweeter, darker stuff gets the job done fine on the projection/longevity department.

To say no Creed has good longevity is inaccurate.

My GIT (11X04) has very good longevity on my skin along with several other Creeds that I have.

The whole concept of longevity/sillage/projection is, IMO, subjective. What I may consider as 8 hour longevity may be considered as 4-6 hours to someone else. I'm satisfied with my GIT, but I can see someone spraying my own bottle on themself and complain that the longevity isn't enough.

The only time that it's less subjective is when dealing with power houses like Tobacco Vanille. But I've been on this board long enough to see that for even that frag, there are people out there that have complained about projection/longevity.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumbbg View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you have oily skin or dry skin? I think the type of skin a person has plays a big role especially on these fresher fragrances. I got drier skin and on me fresher scents are kinda weak, but some of the heavier, sweeter, darker stuff gets the job done fine on the projection/longevity department.
    I have "average" skin, not too oily not too dry. I have found in the past that fragrances which some people say last 8hrs don't last that long on me. It REALLY depends on warmth of day, amount applied, and how you define "lasts" I put on a spritz of Green Irish Tweed 16 hrs ago. Sitting here with my nose touching my forearm, I STILL smell it. BUT I want 2 things: 1. A fragrance should project 1/2 to 1 arms length so that someone in my "personal space" can catch a whiff. 2. It MUST last more than 5-6hrs. By this I DON'T MEAN nose to skin, it means catching a whiff of myself when I move. All the Creed Cheerleaders out there will say "It has monster longevity" Well I just proved it lasts 16hrs...BUT I want to catch a radiating whiff at 7hrs, and I don't. I LOVE many Penhaligon's Fragrances also, and own several. BUT I understand I can only really wear them in warm summer b/c they only project with warm, almost sweaty skin. When I first got addicted to fragrances...I was on a holy quest to find one that lasted on me. I finally found the Montale Paris House. Three spritzes on my chest/neck last 10+ hrs. of "catching a whiff" smell. They can be smelled on my shirts in the laundry hamper DAYS later. The Creeds I have tried/own Aventus, Original Vetiver, GIT All have good projection for a short while, and nose to skin longevity, BUT not casual sniffing projection after 4hrs. I have watched/read many, many reviews of GIT, and the Positive reviewers say the same thing. They even try to justify it by saying GIT isn't a nighttime scent, so Creed made it to disappear before night. Whatever. If I pay $100 for something that lasts 4 hrs like Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet then Ok. BUT I resent paying $310 for a bottle of GIT that won't last more than 4hrs. BTW, obviously I can't speak to every LOT#, I have tried several, and the bottle I currently own is A3211X01. Both seem consistent. My fight with Aventus is that if Creed has no better quality control than making people research LOT #'s before they buy, that sucks too.
    Last edited by Possum-Pie; 6th October 2012 at 10:40 AM.

The three or four guys in this thread who bought bad batches of GIT need to stop calling the other people with good batches liars. I'm sorry that Creed is a company that can't or won't get their stuff together, but that doesn't mean everyone's experience with Creeds will be the same. Projection and longevity will vary with Creeds. Most of us now know that.

I've have had multiple samples from small sprayers and testers, and even owned that sexy flask for a week. There is an obvious difference in each single spray from different batches! This sucks. I have tried to be as scientific as possible and not let my emotions get the best of me.

I still believe that Green Irish Tweed is one of the best men's fragrances of all time. I just wish that the final product was more consistent.

BTW, who would pay full retail for a Creed when you can find it online for 60% off or even get an affordable split?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Style View Post
    The three or four guys in this thread who bought bad batches of GIT need to stop calling the other people with good batches liars. I'm sorry that Creed is a company that can't or won't get their stuff together, but that doesn't mean everyone's experience with Creeds will be the same. Projection and longevity will vary with Creeds. Most of us now know that.

I've have had multiple samples from small sprayers and testers, and even owned that sexy flask for a week. There is an obvious difference in each single spray from different batches! This sucks. I have tried to be as scientific as possible and not let my emotions get the best of me.

I still believe that Green Irish Tweed is one of the best men's fragrances of all time. I just wish that the final product was more consistent.
    Everything you said I agree with. But again, if there is that wild batch variation that I don't experience with any other house...(Woops, I do see it with Amouage Attars also} Then there is a problem. Look back at the threads on Aventus here on BN. There are hundreds of panicky men out there calling shoppes asking the clerks to check Batch #'s!!! That is just a laugh. I am a cheapskate at heart, and did my homework, used sales and Coupons...and Got My GIT for $132/4oz flask...I'm happy with that price, given the luke-warm longevity-it is worth that much...And I hate to admit it, but I get more compliments from GIT than my more favorite frags...to be fair most are from people telling me how much the LOVE my "cool water"

BTW, who would pay full retail for a Creed when you can find it online for 60% off or even get an affordable split?
    Someone who wants to avoid the grey-market.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SirSmells View Post
    Someone who wants to avoid the grey-market.
    True also...

What exactly is grey market as my bottle (also batch no A3211X01) had arabic text on one of the cards in the box so Im assuming this means that it was 'grey market'

I did a test and wore GIT from the same shop and same tester bottle that I got really good projection and longevity from a few weeks ago when it was really hot and hey presto, crap projection and longevity. Im now convinced that its down to being colder!

Mine lasts for over 8 hours. I can't smell it very strongly after 5-6, but my wife can always smell it on me after 8+. She comments on it without me mentioning what I'm wearing.

Objectively speaking, it smells amazing. I love it way more than the Aventus. I keep the bottle in my room because the smell permeates.

A bit of shameless self-promotion but if you want 5 mL sample of GIT, please visit my EBay store. It's guaranteed authentic or 3x money back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251183791023....l2649&afsrc=1

Where you buy the fragrance is one of the variables that can determine how good it smells. I wonder how many of the complaints about Creed's "poor quality control" come from people who bought fakes. Even if it's authentic -- how was that bottle transported and stored before it reached the unauthorized dealer? Years in a hot warehouse? Months in the humid hull of a freighter ship that traveled from the Middle East?

People who buy it at 60% off post all the time on Basenotes: "Help me, I think my Creed is a fake." Paying 60% off for bad, spoiled or fake Creed is no bargain.
    Last edited by MysteryBuff40; 14th November 2012 at 04:47 AM.

^^ Couldn't agree more. Moral of the story is, if it's too good to be true. It probably is.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryBuff40 View Post
    Where you buy the fragrance is one of the variables that can determine how good it smells. I wonder how many of the complaints about Creed's "poor quality control" come from people who bought fakes. Even if it's authentic -- how was that bottle transported and stored before it reached the unauthorized dealer? Years in a hot warehouse? Months in the humid hull of a freighter ship that traveled from the Middle East?

People who buy it at 60% off post all the time on Basenotes: "Help me, I think my Creed is a fake." Paying 60% off for bad, spoiled or fake Creed is no bargain.
    I pretty much agree with the bold part of your post and I've thought about the same things RE Toilet Water Creeds. I know that the UAE has Air-conditioning but it's still the desert and cargo ships aren't a fun place to be if you're a fragrance.

However, the GIT I purchased online was identical to the one being sold at my local Neiman Marcus. Both said Eau de Parfum and not toilet water, both had the identical batch number, and both had the same smell to my nose and were less "potent" compared to other batches I've sampled.

On one hand, my GIT purchased from Walgreens via Fragrancenet, was sitting in a warehouse in 90-100F summer heat, and ground shipped in the back of a hot UPS truck for 5 days! On the other hand, the identical bottle at NM was sitting in a climate-controlled store and smelled identical. Go Figure.

One last thought...We don't know what Creed's wholesale cost to distributors is and what price online sites like Amazon pay for their inventory. If, hypothetically, Creed sells each 4oz bottle for say $100, that leaves plenty of margin for online retailers to make a decent profit.

My wife loves this on me. I swear, I dont think it is the same GIT from say 8 years ago, but I still get compliments. Beautyencounter has it for $135 (and I need a code if anyone has it) and Fragrencenet has it for $137, so any place that I can get it from cheaper for a 4 ounce bottle would be appreciated. I guess I'll just have to take my chances with whatever batch they have

I'm waiting on a 4 oz. bottle from Beautyencounter (should be here any day). It will be my second bottle of GIT. The first, I bought directly from the online Creed boutique. It will be interesting to see how they compare. I still have (I'm guessing) maybe a 1/4 of my original bottle left, so I have plenty to compare the two. I've bought other Creeds at a discount and I've had no problems. I think with any fragrance purchased online there is always uncertainty regarding the conditions of "how it gets to you". Obviously, older juice has more of a chance to be stored or transported in poor conditions, so if it has an older date of production code on it, it's a little more suspect. Either way, you're taking a chance. I've saved hundreds of dollars on Creeds by buying them at a discount.... and as far as I can tell, I have not gotten burned.
    If I Could Only Have a Dozen:
    1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Creed Silver Mountain Water
    3. Guerlain Vetiver
    4. Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa
    5. Creed Bois Du Portugal
    6. Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree
    7. Creed Tabarome Millesime
    8. Guerlain Heritage
    9. Penhaligon's Sartorial
    10. Creed Royal Oud
    11. Chanel Egoiste
    12. Creed EROLFA

I've gotten four Creeds (including a GIT I got this summer) from Fragrancenet and I have absolutely no issues with the juice. My GIT smells great and I'm satisfied with the projection and longevity. I got a recent batch too, 2011.

I can't picture myself paying nearly three times the cost, just to get it from an official seller. Wouldn't make sense for me.

I think Amazon is just about the best option honestly. I got one maybe half a year ago (the 4oz) and it's currently going for $125... Mine is strong and last. Honestly though, my love of it has somewhat dropped off as I continue to explore.

Febreeze Winter Magic & Glow?

Blog Entries

BOTTOM LINE: Do you see this much discussion of ANY OTHER HOUSE with regards to quality variation? Aventus and GIT hold about 99% of the "batch variations" threads on BN...Both are nice smelling BUT Creed is overrated and overpriced. Don't blame some cargo ship in the mid-east for your batch variation, There are literally hundreds of folks frantically comparing Neiman Marcus batch #'s for Aventus as we speak...I bought my GIT discounted on EBAY, and it lasts longer than the samples from neiman marcus

Hey guys, this is my first post. I'm searching for a smell i'll like. I haven't wore anything for a good couple years but never wore anything that expensive.

Where can I get legit samples of GIT?

BOTTOM LINE: Do you see this much discussion of ANY OTHER HOUSE with regards to quality variation? Aventus and GIT hold about 99% of the "batch variations" threads on BN...Both are nice smelling BUT Creed is overrated and overpriced. Don't blame some cargo ship in the mid-east for your batch variation, There are literally hundreds of folks frantically comparing Neiman Marcus batch #'s for Aventus as we speak...I bought my GIT discounted on EBAY, and it lasts longer than the samples from neiman marcus
    In general, no samples last as long.

Quote Originally Posted by DBillz View Post
    Hey guys, this is my first post. I'm searching for a smell i'll like. I haven't wore anything for a good couple years but never wore anything that expensive.

Where can I get legit samples of GIT?
    myperfumesamples.com. $4-5

The birth of Green Irish Tweed (from Vogue magazine):

A hunting trip to Ireland in June 1984 yielded an iconic formula for sixth-generation perfumer Olivier Creed. Notebook in hand—“I always carry it with me,” he says—the avid traveler and outdoorsman reflected on his emerald surroundings, jotting down the foundations of what would become Green Irish Tweed, the brand’s rich, woodsy, and wonderfully appealing fragrance to men and women. A middle note of violet infused with a sandalwood base was a unique marriage in perfumery: “The green herbs with the violet is a fine composition but not a simple one,” says Creed, who dabbled with his blend for a year in the family workshop in Fontainebleau—where generations of Creeds have worked for the past 251 years—before getting it just right.

I'm almost out of my 2011 batch of GIT, can someone let me know how the new 2012 batches are?

tHEY'RE GRRREAT

People who say Green Irish Tweed smells just like Cool Water have: a) Not smelled Green Irish Tweed recently, b) Not smelled Cool Water recently, or c) Never smelled either.

If you can tell the difference between sweet synthetic grape Kool-Aid (Cool Water) and fresh garden greens (GIT), you can successfully choose between the two.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryBuff40 View Post
    People who say Green Irish Tweed smells just like Cool Water have: a) Not smelled Green Irish Tweed recently, b) Not smelled Cool Water recently, or c) Never smelled either.

If you can tell the difference between sweet synthetic grape Kool-Aid (Cool Water) and fresh garden greens (GIT), you can successfully choose between the two.
    While not identical, there is no way you can say that they don't smell very similar. I get the feeling people try to justify the money spent on GIT by saying it "isn't anything like Cool Water" They are NOT identical, but very close...enough that the average person often says "oh, I like cool water" when they smell GIT on people.

I used to think that Cool Water smelled almost identical to GIT. This was from side by side comparisons. However, when I did a full wearing of Cool Water (after years of not wearing it), I immediately realized how cloying and synthetic it was. Maybe because my nose matured, not sure, but just couldn't stand wearing Cool Water anymore.

For GIT, however, I really enjoy wearing it and reminds me of fresh cut green grass. I own both, but can't see myself ever wearing Cool Water again. Will probably hand it down to a relative.

Ordered a 2.5 oz from fragrancenet on the 17th, it traveled cross county and arrived today (24th), LOT# A3211X04, smells amazing. All paperwork was in box and serial numbers intact. I'm a happy dude.

Great, enjoy it!

a thread that always finds itself on basenotes, and its about my signature fragrance.
    That is one reason I stay out of GIT discussion threads... lol... (I am not that much of poster anyway, but a reader..)

But since GIT is my signature everyday frag for sometime now, I will give my thoughts here.

1, comparison to CW:
    They smell very different to me.
    CW smells to me more sweet aquatic. GIT smells to me green and fresh.

2, how would I describe GIT smell:
    Smells almost like opening a bottle of sparkling lemony mineral water... that has a small touch of floral and woody notes.

3. Longevity / Projection:
    I have a very dry skin, and wears it once day ard. 6-7 am in the morning. I get full force 4 hours. Thereafter it develops to a nice skin scent.. but still I can smell it 3-4 hours later. Some people around me even notice it after 7 hours (from application time) when they come closer to me... after abt 8 hours it becomes fully a skin scent... and disapeares totally ard. 8 pm....

4. Natural/Synthetic:
    I really don't care. I love this scent, I wear it. Whether it has more synthetics or naturals than other frags is not an issue to me. Based on the frags I have worn/smelled GIT smells more refined to me, thats all.

5. Price:
    expensive, but my experience with creed is this:
    you dont need to apply too much of it. Just minimum amount of sprays. why?
    1, most people you enocunter, will not know what it is anyway, and wont know how much you spent for it. So are you wearing it for them or for yourself to enjoy only?
    2, creed fragrances, with exception of Bois Du portugal maybe (which I also love) are generaly not powerhouses anyway, but rather close to skin, and discreet.
    If you put too much of them on, you wont get the best of the smell, but rather wasting your money.
    These frags are prodominantely meant for the wearer to enjoy rather than people around you. So just spray as little as possible and enjoy it for yourself.
    Stay simple, and you enjoy it more and more....

Finally, I never re-apply a fragrance throughout the day. I only apply in the morning after a shave or shower, thats it... thats when my skin is clean and freshest... throughout the day, I have the feeling (even my very dry skin) would become a lil bit sweaty/oily... and re-applying a frag wouldn't smell good, just my oppinion.

so overall, GIT is only good to me, if I wear it for myself only... and when I do that, it becomes what it is meant to be.
    Last edited by Adesor; 27th November 2012 at 06:44 AM.
    My signature scents:
    Current: GREEN IRISH TWEED (since June 2010)
    Past: BOIS DU PORTUGAL (Oct. 09 - May 10)
    Past Past: EAU SAUVAGE (good 15 years !!!)
    Past Past Past: LANVIN L'HOMME (2 years)
    Past Past Past Past: EAU SAUVAGE again (3 years or so)

I'm starting to believe in this idea that creeds get better over time. I've had a 4oz bottle from Walgreens for 8 months and I've always enjoyed it but never understood what people raved about. Tonight I wore it and the as usual the opening was just ok. About 30 minutes in I started to get these heavenly wafts of scent that I've never experienced before. It's the kind of thing masterpieces are made of. Not sure if my bottle is finally becoming what everyone raves about or if it is mixing with the base of PdN New York that I sprayed twelve hours ago.

A3211X04 Anyone else here have this batch? Any input on it?

Quote Originally Posted by SirSmells View Post
    A3211X04 Anyone else here have this batch? Any input on it?
    you must have missed me post a couple above yours, its a GREAT batch.

Quote Originally Posted by knoxthis View Post
    you must have missed me post a couple above yours, its a GREAT batch.
    No I saw it, just looking for other's opinions. I enjoy it for the most part, big longevity and projection, but there's something a bit harsh in the opening that's makes it not quite as "smooth" as other batches I've worn.

I'm buying straight from Creeds site! Will I get the most recent batch? And if so how is it compared to the other batches?
    Top 5

1. Givenchy Play Intense by Givenchy

2. Invasion Barbare by MDCI

3. Green Irish Tweed by Creed

4. Rive Gauche Pour Homme by YSL

5. Gendarme

6. Jazz Prestige by YSL

While not identical, there is no way you can say that they don't smell very similar. I get the feeling people try to justify the money spent on GIT by saying it "isn't anything like Cool Water" They are NOT identical, but very close...enough that the average person often says "oh, I like cool water" when they smell GIT on people.
    I sprayed Cool Water for the first time. My reaction was that it smelled like GIT. They could pour CW in a GIT bottle and I would not know it's not GIT based on the initial spray.

The difference is I could smell GIT on my clothing the next morning. I could not smell CW the next morning.
    Vintage Kouros rocks

Quote Originally Posted by claytonmarionneaux View Post
    I'm buying straight from Creeds site!

Congratulations.

P.S. Why?

GIT is simply one of the best IMO. By seeing the amount of responses, it has to be something about it!

Because I can trust at least they will give me in authentic one.

- - - Updated - - -

But can I trust walgreens to do me justice? Will they give me in old bottle by mistake?

- - - Updated - - -

Because I don't want to get a 2010 batch because I've heard bad reviews
    Last edited by claytonmarionneaux; 20th February 2013 at 02:29 AM.
    Top 5

5. Gendarme

6. Jazz Prestige by YSL

Quote Originally Posted by claytonmarionneaux View Post
    Because I can trust at least they will give me in authentic one.

- - - Updated - - -

But can I trust walgreens to do me justice? Will they give me in old bottle by mistake?

- - - Updated - - -

Because I don't want to get a 2010 batch because I've heard bad reviews
    You won't get a bottle from 2010. 2011 or newer absolutely for sure. Relax and trust us.

Thanks bud
    Top 5

5. Gendarme

6. Jazz Prestige by YSL

Anyone has the A3212a02 ? How is it?