Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

@ checker, Yeh the drydown is always wonderful...just the first 1 hour can be little difficult to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by shahshai View Post
    @ checker, Yeh the drydown is always wonderful...just the first 1 hour can be little difficult to wear.
    Ok now I know it's not my skin chemistry. It's weird though because the harsh opening doesn't always happen.

One of my favorites. If I ever had to go down to just one bottle of something (scary thought!), It would be GIT.
    Current Favorites - Creed Green Irish Tweed, Costume National Homme, Hanae Mori HiM EDP, Chanel Platinum Egoiste

I have to admit I went from feeling indifferent/neutral about GIT to enjoying it more and more. I'm glad I tried it again. The batch I have seems so rich and fragrant in comparison to a tester I had last year. I am curious to sample GIT at a Creed counter for the sake of comparison.

Martin

The bottle against the light trick worked! I have 45% left in my bottle. Is it considered heavy use if I went through 55% in a year's time?

This knockoff additive is supposed to be great for laundry and/or shower gel. I could see adding it to a bottle of Dr Bronner's Unscented soap and trying it out. Might be a good substitute for the official but tepid body wash.

http://www.elementsbathandbody.com/G...ce-pr-779.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sergiu25 View Post
    The bottle against the light trick worked! I have 45% left in my bottle. Is it considered heavy use if I went through 55% in a year's time?
    Lol, it's considered good use of great juice!

Here is a question (probably asked before), if Cool Water didn't exist, would Green Irish Tweed be held in a much higher esteem?

This is driving me nuts...I literally put the bottle right next to a 100 watt bulb...then I shined a powerful flashlight from the other side since it wasn't see through yet...still nothing... I'm not sure if I'm ever going to know how much I have remaining until it's gone... I guess it's a good thing I have a couple back up bottles already...still frustrating.

Message from Creed:

"Perhaps the best known and most widely embraced of Olivier CREED's creations is Green Irish Tweed, the fresh verbena, violet leaf and sandalwood blend in a signature black bottle that evokes the sleek perfection of a Savile Row tuxedo jacket. Green Irish Tweed is beloved worldwide, but perhaps especially so by clients of Irish ancestry.

For St. Patrick's Day, the CEO of CREED North America presented bottles of Green Irish Tweed to the grand marshals of March 17 parades in Manhattan, Boston and Chicago. This celebratory day on the cusp of spring is made all the more enjoyable with the charmed air of Green Irish Tweed, perhaps the most versatile, popular and distinctive CREED fragrance of all."

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    This is driving me nuts...I literally put the bottle right next to a 100 watt bulb...then I shined a powerful flashlight from the other side since it wasn't see through yet...still nothing... I'm not sure if I'm ever going to know how much I have remaining until it's gone... I guess it's a good thing I have a couple back up bottles already...still frustrating.
    LED torch does it.

http://lukehimself.net/wp-content/up...10/10/ledt.jpg

Also, turn off all your lights and put your GIT bottle against a naked bulb, also does it.

Just bought a tester from fragrancenet. It is a little different then my early 2009 bottle but it's great to have a backup..
    I think GIT is my year round fav..

GIT and Erolfa are great!!
    -AVENTUS-

It was previously mentioned that FP3209X01 is a good GIT batch? For others that have this FP3209X01 batch, just want to hear if they feel the same before I spend my hard earned money on it.

Don't despair - you're not alone.
    I couldn't see through either of my two black bottles either.
    When I used a 20milliWatt saser, I could just see a glow through the top edge, but not enough to see the level of the liquid.
    Perhaps we need to invest in an industrial strength laser?
    Renato

You have to remember that Creed nozzles spray more than most standard bottles. It's very easy to over apply Creed scents and use up one's bottle quickly. But on the other hand, they smell better that way.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Generally, do you get rid of your empty bottles, or are they too precious and you store them for times to come?
    I haven't finished off a Creed bottle yet, but when I do I will be keeping the cap, incase I ever by a tester for the same frag.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Don't despair - you're not alone.
    I couldn't see through either of my two black bottles either.
    When I used a 20milliWatt saser, I could just see a glow through the top edge, but not enough to see the level of the liquid.
    Perhaps we need to invest in an industrial strength laser?
    Renato
    All you need is a regular old flashlight placed behind the bottle, since the bottle is actually purple you can see it through it quite clearly. :@)

Quote Originally Posted by ANGIESDOEBOY View Post
    All you need is a regular old flashlight placed behind the bottle, since the bottle is actually purple you can see it through it quite clearly. :@)
    Thanks. Your method works providing it is done in a dark room.
    Regards,
    Renato

i have a flacon of FP3209X01 (it's my workhorse scent). longevity is all right, though right now i don't remember how well it did in the summer. i lost about 50 ml or so in a horrible traveling accident, so i've gone through more of that flacon than i wish i had but i do dearly love my green irish tweed.

eric b

Does anyone find that Green Irish Tweed lasts much longer in the summer than the winter?

I experienced the full dry down for the first time today... Amazing! I usually don't spray my arm (just neck and chest)..but usually by the dry down I think my nose is fatigued from the scent... I sprayed some on my arm so I could smell it later and I'm so glad I did. No wonder why the girl followed me around the first time I wore this out...mmm

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Thanks. Your method works providing it is done in a dark room.
    Regards,
    Renato
    I got this to work...thanks for the tip...it seems I've used more than I thought, lol

My 8oz flacon is arriving tomorrow!! First time I bought a single fragrance over 4oz. Really hope it will be better than my last 4oz batch of GIT>

Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post
    A thread about Green Irish Tweed?

1. Something about it it not smelling like Cool Water
    2. Something about it being so expensive because the ingredients are the very best
    3. Something about celebs wearing it
    4. Something about 'how can I tell fake GIT?'
    5. Something about it not smelling like Cool Water (again)

Brill.
    and you forgot:
    6. Something about it gets so many compliments it hurts.

Yes, GIT is a very good fragrance.

Do I win something?
    l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

I'll be the first to ask the saddest question ever lol. Just received my 8oz flacon of GIT.

But how do I open it???? Took out the leather wrap, and the glass / rubber top is tightly sealed. Is it a twist or pull? It feels like I'm going to shatter the bottle with the amount of force I had to use and it still won't budge!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffa View Post
    I'll be the first to ask the saddest question ever lol. Just received my 8oz flacon of GIT.

But how do I open it???? Took out the leather wrap, and the glass / rubber top is tightly sealed. Is it a twist or pull? It feels like I'm going to shatter the bottle with the amount of force I had to use and it still won't budge!
    I saw a video about a guy having the same problem, he put in the freezer and after a while took it out and it worked, so I hope it works for you too!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Fact:

1) Richard Gere wears GIT
    2) Because of fact 1, this makes it the greatest scent of all time.
    I agree! lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan D' Great View Post
    I saw a video about a guy having the same problem, he put in the freezer and after a while took it out and it worked, so I hope it works for you too!
    Won't that ruin the fragrance?

Won't that ruin the fragrance?
    Put it in the freezer for twenty minutes. See if it opens then. If not, put it in for another fifteen. See if it opens then. I don't know, pick short term intervals of your own preference. I'll probably open before an hour or two hours of freezer time.

It won't ruin or hurt the fragrance. Ivan isn't talking about putting it in over night.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Sniffa, If you are righthanded, hold the flacon firmly on a table or non-skid surface with your left hand. Grab the glass stopper with your right hand (I wore a latex glove) and gently turn in each direction. Be patient. I've opened several flacons this way. Now that you know the stopper seats to the flacon well, there shouldn't be any evaporation issues if you reseal well. You're in for a treat with the juice methinks.

Martin

Let us know which metod worked Sniffa, good luck.

Hi Martin, I eventually managed to open the flacon. 15 minutes of freezer and a towel around the stopper. It felt like something just snapped apart. If there's meant to be soft rubber around the stopper then it's definitely not there / hardened. Unfortunately the bigger issue is I'm very concerned with the fragrance itself.

I've compared over the past 12 hours.

* 4oz GIT (my old bottle)
    * 8oz GIT (the new bottle I've just opened)
    * Davidoff Cool Water (CW) from a local pharmacy

New 8oz smells horribly like CW with only a tiny touch of GIT difference. New 8oz bottle juice fades in very similar amount of time with CW. Warm, floral, almost no citrus, nice but nothing very special. Their similarities lead me to believe I received a flacon of GIT with 1/3 real juice at the bottom with the rest filled with CW.

Since I've tried CW vs my 4oz GIT so many time I can tell the differences. Think I'm going into depressed mode

Sniffa, Glad you got the flacon open. There is no rubber at all, just glass on glass. I'm a bit surprised you came to that conclusion! I have a larger flacon of GIT from the same source with the same lot# (I think) and I do not share your concerns. I also have a number of other Creed flacons to compare what I received and there is nothing amiss whatsoever. Just for fun tonight I poured a 2ml carded sample of GIT I received from the NYC Boutique into a small atomizer and sprayed myself liberally. Same fragrance as what's in my flacon. What on Earth are you Sniffing Sniffa? Best wishes! Martin
    Last edited by Jazznpool; 26th March 2011 at 08:05 AM.

Is it possible that GIT or other perfume in general after sitting on a shelf for a long time. That I need to shake the bottle to stir up any GIT particle that has settle over time at the bottom of the flacon? Does this happen?

I received my flacon and move it around a little but didn't shake it, then just put it in freezer, opened it and poured it into atomizer. It'll be interesting to hear from people that knows about this.

Warm, floral, almost no citrus, nice but nothing very special.
    i've had three different bottles of GIT over the past 15 years.

"citrus" is not a term i would use to describe GIT. "warm", yes. "floral", yes.

"citrus"? no.

where did you get it from again? the boutique? online store or NYC store?

I don't know maybe it just needs a shake to bring GIT stuff to the top before I pour it. Of course until someone here comes and prove me wrong. The bottle I got from FragranceNet a year ago, however. All the girls at the office just couldn't stop smiling when they got close to me. Even if I over apply my new GIT it disappears in 2 and a half hours where as the other GIT lasts up to 6 hours or more and still smells amazing when over applied.

Actually I'm just tempted to pour what's in the atomizer back into the flacon, shake it real thorough and pour it back into the atomizer. What do you think? I actually considered pouring what's in the atomizer down the drain and fill it with what's left in the flacon. It's that dull and boring.
    Last edited by Sniffa; 29th March 2011 at 12:36 AM.

Hi Topsail, I got my latest flacon from FumesAndFrames. I don't know maybe it just needs a shake to bring GIT stuff to the top before I pour it. Of course until someone here comes and prove me wrong. The bottle I got from FragranceNet a year ago, however. All the girls at the office just couldn't stop smiling when they got close to me. Even if I over apply my new GIT it disappears in 2 and a half hours where as the other GIT lasts up to 6 hours or more and still smells amazing when over applied.

Actually I'm just tempted to pour what's in the atomizer back into the flacon, shake it real thorough and pour it back into the atomizer. What do you think? I actually considered pouring what's in the atomizer down the drain and fill it with what's left in the flacon. It's that dull and boring.
    okay i wouldn't do any of those options!

it doesn't need to be "shaken"! it's not iced tea... it got plenty of sloshing around during transit. perfumes are micro-level complex-chained chemical mixtures... any kind of "settling" of ingredients just doesn't happen.

looks like you have the most recent "batch" of GIT. trust me when i say that it will smell very very different a year from now, three years from now, five years from now. you have very young juice. it's not "bad", it just hasn't really bloomed yet.

i got a very recent bottle of Millesime Imperial last year. one of the first from the 2010 batch. when i first sprayed it, i thought i had been ripped off (by the creed boutique, no less!). it smelled like straight rubbing alcohol. barely any actual "fragrance" in it at all. i literally couldn't smell it after 10 minutes. i called the boutique, furious, and they explained how young it was, and to put it aside for a while and continue to use up my current bottle.

i did that, and just came back to that bottle i bought last year. it is now absolutely beautiful. very floral, very fragrant, very long-lasting. by far the best MI i've ever had (this is my 4th bottle going back about 15 years).

i know this sounds crazy, but it's a GOOD thing that you have such young juice. it will last much longer. you have opened it, so it has some exposure to air (but try to keep it close from now on). it will now start to age, and open up. enjoy it man, it's kind of cool to watch (well, smell).

do you have any more of your old bottle? if so, great, continue to use that. in fact, layer the two. put a spray or two of your old bottle, then a spray or two from your new batch from the atomizer. then, every month or so, do a "check-up" of your new GIT on its own. I guarantee you, you will be pleased.

be happy you got such fresh juice. if you had gotten a 5 year old flacon, it might smell better now, but it would probably start to go skank before you're done with the bottle. with this, you are assured great GIT for the life of the bottle (well, except for a little while at the beginning!)

be patient. good things come to those who wait.
    Last edited by Topsail; 28th March 2011 at 04:28 PM.

GIT was my first niche fragrance over two years ago and I have 75ml in the old clear bottle. I have only worn it several times as I was buying and trying a lot of other fragrances. Well I have recently revisted the scent and its fantastic and so gorgeous from the opening to the drydown.

The thing is this got me thinking why have I not been using this that often as I have virtually a full bottle and it seems better now than it did a few years ago which is weird. Do Creeds get better with age?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    The thing is this got me thinking why have I not been using this that often as I have virtually a full bottle and it seems better now than it did a few years ago which is weird. Do Creeds get better with age?
    ?!?!?!?!?

dude, look at my post RIGHT BEFORE YOURS!!! haha

Interesting. I got my first bottle of GIT for Christmas and as much as I love it, I found both the silage and longevity very poor. I'm hoping this is due to the "young juice" theory.

Thanks Topsail, I got a little carreid away but just had to throw it out there as there isn't much information online about what I asked.

The flacon is FP3209X01 (FP = ? / 32 = GIT / 09 = year? / X01 ?), I think it's 2009 bottle.

Thanks Topsail, I got a little carreid away but just had to throw it out there as there isn't much information online about what I asked. The flacon is FP3209X01 (FP = ? / 32 = GIT / 09 = year? / X01 ?), I think it's 2009 bottle.
    Yes, 2009. The X01, I'm not certain but I'm thinking it means batch 1 for 2009. Sniffa, I'm sending a nice sample of our juice to an independent evaluator! Regardless, I love the juice in my flacon. It exceeds my expectations. I wore it to work this afternoon. It has great "bloom" that I can smell as soon as I spray myself with it. Good longevity too.

Martin

Hi Martin, if you have a chance to try 2009 X03, tell me what you think. It's way more amazing in my personal opinion. Would love to hear your thoughts. I can't tell you enough how many of my favorite ladies at work loves it. I do hope that this X01 will mature in a few months, I bought it to wear it now not in a year or two. So when I have more money, I'll get another 4oz from FragranceNet.

Thanks anyway though for your good intention and advise. To be honest, my X03 didn't smell as good in the first week, and 3 months later it smells so much different. Thought it did last longer.

Yeh I just got my bottle of GIT from the boutique, it's extremely synthetic and barely has any lasting power...I'm hoping it smells better in the months to come.

Just received a sample of GIT from Jazznpool aka Martin today and it smells amazing! It smells extremely fresh from top to bottom. This is what GIT should smell like! Thanks again Martin!

Sometimes I think GIT is to good to wear as it is gorgeous and wears a bit thick and heavy and it never fails to get me noticed. And because of this it feels like GIT is wearing me as it leaves a trail everywhere you go especially in the first few hours of spraying it on. I am trying to wear this more often as I have nearly a full bottle but you cannot wear it discreetly.

Quote Originally Posted by Anť View Post
    Unfortunately I think Salim only reads threads that he himself has started.

Jack Hunter - I always respect what you say but this is GIT as you sure you got the right one on? If so there is definitely a batch issue at Creeds.

Quote Originally Posted by kccparis View Post
    Jack Hunter - I always respect what you say but this is GIT as you sure you got the right one on? If so there is definitely a batch issue at Creeds.
    Wait a minute let me just check and get back to you.............. I think I may have mistaken Kouros for GIT, how did that happen.lol

Seriously though what I have said is just from my experience if it was awful or off I would say so. So as many others have found its Creed with their batch issues.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Green Irish Tweed - it's neither green, Irish or tweed. Discuss amongst yourselves......
    1 word answer: peanut.

if my bottle looks like this, when do you think it was made?
    A3209X02

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    I get the same experience. Sometimes it smells almost sweet and soft, with a bite of citrus/lemon. Others I get a harsh chemical smell, hard to describe. That disappears quickly though.
    The violet leaf and lemon verbena are fantastic and very natural smelling, but there is also something metallic, probably the iris. GIT is my favorite cologne on a man hands down. It wears well all year long. It's casual yet dressy. The gentleman in the country description really appeals to me, and I wear Royal Scottish Lavender (very unisex) for that reason. The Creed base is my favorite. I can quickly smell the ambergris following the opening notes. There is a crabapple smell that pairs beautifully with the base notes. Cool Water is too sporty for me; I always get the impression of a magazine smelling strip with it. GIT is much more multi-dimensional and well-composed to me. Also, I think Creeds are for people who appreciate close to skin scents. GIT and RSL are both best for daytime wear. By the end of the day, they blend well with my skin and smell like I just showered.
    Last edited by pearlfingering; 21st April 2011 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Here is a question (probably asked before), if Cool Water didn't exist, would Green Irish Tweed be held in a much higher esteem?
    Green Irish Tweed is to Cool Water as an authentic Neopolitan pizza baked in a stone oven is to a Pillsbury Pizza Mini cooked in a microwave.

While they may be similar, only one of them is fit for a king.

Green Irish Tweed is the same amazing fragrance, with or without the existence of Cool Water.

Quote Originally Posted by archelon View Post
    if my bottle looks like this, when do you think it was made?
    A3209X02

2009. There's a thread about the lot number meaning. Also, it was in 2009 I think when they added the felt/material sticker to some of the bottles. older ones don't have stickers

Quote Originally Posted by pearlfingering View Post
    The violet leaf and lemon verbena are fantastic and very natural smelling, but there is also something metallic, probably the iris.
    I'm trying to find out what that metallic note is! I've been searching high and low...trying different frags which emphasize violet leaf, iris, verbena... I think it's just the combination of it all that gives it that unique metallic note.

I need to correct my last post about the GIT I bought, the smell has changed and is better than before. I still like the bottle I bought from FragranceNet a lot better.

Fragrancenet had the black bottles in stock a few days ago but now it's all gone. If anyone bought it let us know what you think.

Yes, fragrance net is out but I am worried that perfume emporium has not got a sterling reputation. Wish Allshewants still had it on ebay. Been about two years since I went online to grab a bottle and wow, the number of bottles that are available on EEEbay has great diminished. Guess that is the crackdown going on. Need to grab a bottle now since I have 2.5 ounces left, and this is my favorite. Anyone know a great deal, PM me?

Banned
    Blog Entries

This means you have a real bottle. Transparent bottles, even if only so when held up to light, are fake.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post
    This means you have a real bottle. Transparent bottles, even if only so when held up to light, are fake.
    Mine is 100% legit and I can see through it. Interestingly enough, I can see right through my bottle of Virgin Isalnd Water when I hold it up to the light, too!!!!!!!!
    Everyone is somebody's weirdo.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kpointer101 View Post
    Mine is 100% legit and I can see through it. Interestingly enough, I can see right through my bottle of Virgin Isalnd Water when I hold it up to the light, too!!!!!!!!
    Kinda weird. How do you know yours is 100% legit?