Code of Conduct
Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    It's good to hear the 2012 batches are consistent with 2011. How good is the longevity on your 2012 bottle? .
    Six hours for me.

Ive not had much chance to wear my GIT from cheapsmells.com but put some one at 3pm today then fell asleep and woke up at 7pm, pretty much nothing so I cross referenced it with this thread:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthr...oks-Like/page2

My box has a lot of differences to the one in the thread, how accurate the thread is, Im not sure but it does lead me to believe that my bottle is indeed fake.

Ive put some on the left inner part of my elbow and on the other some out of a sample I had of it so will see how they compare.

Anyone know if that thread is a good one to go by? Longevity wise, I should send the bottle back for that alone. Ive heard that bottles get better (not sure about longevity wise) once more air gets in them so suppose I was hoping that might be the case with mine. Going by that thread though, its not looking good at the moment.

I've never heard of fake stuff from Cheapsmells. Any issues are probably related to batch inconsistencies. Use it far a week or so and see if you still think it's weak after that.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ntense View Post
    Ive not had much chance to wear my GIT from cheapsmells.com but put some one at 3pm today then fell asleep and woke up at 7pm, pretty much nothing so I cross referenced it with this thread:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthr...oks-Like/page2

My box has a lot of differences to the one in the thread, how accurate the thread is, Im not sure but it does lead me to believe that my bottle is indeed fake.

Ive put some on the left inner part of my elbow and on the other some out of a sample I had of it so will see how they compare.

Anyone know if that thread is a good one to go by? Longevity wise, I should send the bottle back for that alone. Ive heard that bottles get better (not sure about longevity wise) once more air gets in them so suppose I was hoping that might be the case with mine. Going by that thread though, its not looking good at the moment.

Banned

I use it to suffocate cockroaches in my basement.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by icanzapyou View Post
    i use it to suffocate cockroaches in my basement.
    qft

Still not getting much longevity from it, whats this olfactory fatigue about then as it smelled ok on a postcard I sprayed it on a couple of nights ago, still fairly strong scent of it on there. Just doesnt seem to be lasting on my skin for some reason

Do I try another bottle from the same batch and hope that it was just the bottle and not the batch or not..?

Blog Entries

Do I try another bottle from the same batch and hope that it was just the bottle and not the batch or not..?
    Look, you are NOT going to get the Projection, Sillage, and Longevity from ANY Creed that you would from say a Bond no 9 or a Montale...They just are not marketed to project or last. I'm NOT saying those examples are "better" just monster sillage and longevity. If you get 4-6hrs with a close sniff, and 1 1/2hrs of wafting odor, consider yourself lucky. Some houses like Creed and Penhaligon's don't really care if anyone but the one wearing their juice can smell it...and even then, only for a short time.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

First Ive heard of anyone saying that tbh. From what I can gather on here, people seem to get monster projection and sillage from good batches of GIT. I for one am one of them whilst using the testers in the department stores anyway. Have never tried a Bond no9 or Montale to compare though.

Blog Entries

First Ive heard of anyone saying that tbh. From what I can gather on here, people seem to get monster projection and sillage from good batches of GIT. I for one am one of them whilst using the testers in the department stores anyway. Have never tried a Bond no9 or Montale to compare though.
    First it depends on how much you apply. 'monster projection and longevity may be possible with 6 spritzes, but not with 3. You can dump any fragrance on and get better projection...but the secret is not to waste it or stink up your whole office. Some frags have wonderful staying power b/c of ingredients and percentage oil vs. alcohol. I shoot for projection of half-an arms length and longevity of 7-8hrs, the length of time of a workday. I have NEVER gotten that from Creed. They smell good for several hours, then you must lift your shirt and sniff to get the notes. Age of a bottle will not really influence longevity, usually the top notes break down, and you are left with a bottle of base notes. Longevity also is dependent on oiliness of skin, and warmth of environment. Remember Science class, Heat radiates, and if your body and the environment are warm, the smell will carry further. Cool days without much exertion will cut into the projection. IF Creed has a problem with consistency of batches (as they Definitely DO with Aventus)...That is a poor quality control, and you should expect more from a company that sells their frags for $250/bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Possum-Pie View Post
    Look, you are NOT going to get the Projection, Sillage, and Longevity from ANY Creed that you would from say a Bond no 9 or a Montale...They just are not marketed to project or last. I'm NOT saying those examples are "better" just monster sillage and longevity. If you get 4-6hrs with a close sniff, and 1 1/2hrs of wafting odor, consider yourself lucky. Some houses like Creed and Penhaligon's don't really care if anyone but the one wearing their juice can smell it...and even then, only for a short time.
    This x100. It is what it is folks. GIT is like that. Smells great but weak sillage and projection after a few hours. Those who say they have this magic bottle that lasts and projects are either lying or have a different sense of what good projection and longevity is. Let it go! This thread has turned into batch # BS and whatnot for too long. Enough. This is not directed at anyone just blowing off steam.

Try Creed Original Santal if you want projection, sillage and longevity. It hangs with ANYTHING out there.

Very good post Possum. Nailed the issue.

First it depends on how much you apply. 'monster projection and longevity may be possible with 6 spritzes, but not with 3. You can dump any fragrance on and get better projection...but the secret is not to waste it or stink up your whole office. Some frags have wonderful staying power b/c of ingredients and percentage oil vs. alcohol. I shoot for projection of half-an arms length and longevity of 7-8hrs, the length of time of a workday. I have NEVER gotten that from Creed. They smell good for several hours, then you must lift your shirt and sniff to get the notes. Age of a bottle will not really influence longevity, usually the top notes break down, and you are left with a bottle of base notes. Longevity also is dependent on oiliness of skin, and warmth of environment. Remember Science class, Heat radiates, and if your body and the environment are warm, the smell will carry further. Cool days without much exertion will cut into the projection. IF Creed has a problem with consistency of batches (as they Definitely DO with Aventus)...That is a poor quality control, and you should expect more from a company that sells their frags for $250/bottle.
    Starting to think that it may be heat related. Ive got oily skin so Ive got that part covered, projection and sillage wise, I think when I was trying out the testers, it was really hot at that time so may have been the reason that Im getting different results now.

I hear you with the batch inconsistencies, GIT is a very special fragrance to me though and is worth mucking around until I get a good bottle!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing View Post
    This x100. It is what it is folks. GIT is like that. Smells great but weak sillage and projection after a few hours. Those who say they have this magic bottle that lasts and projects are either lying or have a different sense of what good projection and longevity is. Let it go! This thread has turned into batch # BS and whatnot for too long. Enough. This is not directed at anyone just blowing off steam.
    Are you saying that the batches dont matter and that they all project weakly?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Try Creed Original Santal if you want projection, sillage and longevity. It hangs with ANYTHING out there.
    Tried it and while I really liked it, found that my skin didnt seem to like it as it just soaked it up. Shame really as its a great fragrance.

Blog Entries

First time I tried GIT it was winter. No projection, I couldn't smell it on me. I wore it again in the summer, warm humid, I smelled it longer, 4hrs sniffing, another 2 hrs if I lifted my collar and sniffed deep. MUCH better than winter...But still not the 8hrs I get from montale, Bond no 9 or even Mona di Orio, all about the same price/ml as Creed. I know batch variations exist in Aventus...too much circumstantial evidence...I don't know about GIT, I own a bottle of A3211x01 and it seems about the same as samples I've tried over the years.
    Last edited by Possum-Pie; 5th October 2012 at 11:08 PM.

First time I tried GIT it was winter. No projection, I couldn't smell it on me. I wore it again in the summer, warm humid, I smelled it longer, 4hrs sniffing, another 2 hrs if I lifted my collar and sniffed deep. MUCH better than winter...But still not the 8hrs I get from montale, Bond no 9 or even Mona di Orio, all about the same price/ml as Creed. I know batch variations exist in Aventus...too much circumstantial evidence...I don't know about GIT, I own a bottle of A3211x01 and it seems about the same as samples I've tried over the years.
    Out of curiosity, do you have oily skin or dry skin? I think the type of skin a person has plays a big role especially on these fresher fragrances. I got drier skin and on me fresher scents are kinda weak, but some of the heavier, sweeter, darker stuff gets the job done fine on the projection/longevity department.

To say no Creed has good longevity is inaccurate.

My GIT (11X04) has very good longevity on my skin along with several other Creeds that I have.

The whole concept of longevity/sillage/projection is, IMO, subjective. What I may consider as 8 hour longevity may be considered as 4-6 hours to someone else. I'm satisfied with my GIT, but I can see someone spraying my own bottle on themself and complain that the longevity isn't enough.

The only time that it's less subjective is when dealing with power houses like Tobacco Vanille. But I've been on this board long enough to see that for even that frag, there are people out there that have complained about projection/longevity.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumbbg View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you have oily skin or dry skin? I think the type of skin a person has plays a big role especially on these fresher fragrances. I got drier skin and on me fresher scents are kinda weak, but some of the heavier, sweeter, darker stuff gets the job done fine on the projection/longevity department.
    I have "average" skin, not too oily not too dry. I have found in the past that fragrances which some people say last 8hrs don't last that long on me. It REALLY depends on warmth of day, amount applied, and how you define "lasts" I put on a spritz of Green Irish Tweed 16 hrs ago. Sitting here with my nose touching my forearm, I STILL smell it. BUT I want 2 things: 1. A fragrance should project 1/2 to 1 arms length so that someone in my "personal space" can catch a whiff. 2. It MUST last more than 5-6hrs. By this I DON'T MEAN nose to skin, it means catching a whiff of myself when I move. All the Creed Cheerleaders out there will say "It has monster longevity" Well I just proved it lasts 16hrs...BUT I want to catch a radiating whiff at 7hrs, and I don't. I LOVE many Penhaligon's Fragrances also, and own several. BUT I understand I can only really wear them in warm summer b/c they only project with warm, almost sweaty skin. When I first got addicted to fragrances...I was on a holy quest to find one that lasted on me. I finally found the Montale Paris House. Three spritzes on my chest/neck last 10+ hrs. of "catching a whiff" smell. They can be smelled on my shirts in the laundry hamper DAYS later. The Creeds I have tried/own Aventus, Original Vetiver, GIT All have good projection for a short while, and nose to skin longevity, BUT not casual sniffing projection after 4hrs. I have watched/read many, many reviews of GIT, and the Positive reviewers say the same thing. They even try to justify it by saying GIT isn't a nighttime scent, so Creed made it to disappear before night. Whatever. If I pay $100 for something that lasts 4 hrs like Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet then Ok. BUT I resent paying $310 for a bottle of GIT that won't last more than 4hrs. BTW, obviously I can't speak to every LOT#, I have tried several, and the bottle I currently own is A3211X01. Both seem consistent. My fight with Aventus is that if Creed has no better quality control than making people research LOT #'s before they buy, that sucks too.
    Last edited by Possum-Pie; 6th October 2012 at 10:40 AM.

The three or four guys in this thread who bought bad batches of GIT need to stop calling the other people with good batches liars. I'm sorry that Creed is a company that can't or won't get their stuff together, but that doesn't mean everyone's experience with Creeds will be the same. Projection and longevity will vary with Creeds. Most of us now know that.

I've have had multiple samples from small sprayers and testers, and even owned that sexy flask for a week. There is an obvious difference in each single spray from different batches! This sucks. I have tried to be as scientific as possible and not let my emotions get the best of me.

I still believe that Green Irish Tweed is one of the best men's fragrances of all time. I just wish that the final product was more consistent.

BTW, who would pay full retail for a Creed when you can find it online for 60% off or even get an affordable split?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Style View Post
    The three or four guys in this thread who bought bad batches of GIT need to stop calling the other people with good batches liars. I'm sorry that Creed is a company that can't or won't get their stuff together, but that doesn't mean everyone's experience with Creeds will be the same. Projection and longevity will vary with Creeds. Most of us now know that.

I've have had multiple samples from small sprayers and testers, and even owned that sexy flask for a week. There is an obvious difference in each single spray from different batches! This sucks. I have tried to be as scientific as possible and not let my emotions get the best of me.

I still believe that Green Irish Tweed is one of the best men's fragrances of all time. I just wish that the final product was more consistent.
    Everything you said I agree with. But again, if there is that wild batch variation that I don't experience with any other house...(Woops, I do see it with Amouage Attars also} Then there is a problem. Look back at the threads on Aventus here on BN. There are hundreds of panicky men out there calling shoppes asking the clerks to check Batch #'s!!! That is just a laugh. I am a cheapskate at heart, and did my homework, used sales and Coupons...and Got My GIT for $132/4oz flask...I'm happy with that price, given the luke-warm longevity-it is worth that much...And I hate to admit it, but I get more compliments from GIT than my more favorite frags...to be fair most are from people telling me how much the LOVE my "cool water"

BTW, who would pay full retail for a Creed when you can find it online for 60% off or even get an affordable split?
    Someone who wants to avoid the grey-market.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SirSmells View Post
    Someone who wants to avoid the grey-market.
    True also...

What exactly is grey market as my bottle (also batch no A3211X01) had arabic text on one of the cards in the box so Im assuming this means that it was 'grey market'

I did a test and wore GIT from the same shop and same tester bottle that I got really good projection and longevity from a few weeks ago when it was really hot and hey presto, crap projection and longevity. Im now convinced that its down to being colder!

Mine lasts for over 8 hours. I can't smell it very strongly after 5-6, but my wife can always smell it on me after 8+. She comments on it without me mentioning what I'm wearing.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Objectively speaking, it smells amazing. I love it way more than the Aventus. I keep the bottle in my room because the smell permeates.

A bit of shameless self-promotion but if you want 5 mL sample of GIT, please visit my EBay store. It's guaranteed authentic or 3x money back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251183791023....l2649&afsrc=1

Where you buy the fragrance is one of the variables that can determine how good it smells. I wonder how many of the complaints about Creed's "poor quality control" come from people who bought fakes. Even if it's authentic -- how was that bottle transported and stored before it reached the unauthorized dealer? Years in a hot warehouse? Months in the humid hull of a freighter ship that traveled from the Middle East?

People who buy it at 60% off post all the time on Basenotes: "Help me, I think my Creed is a fake." Paying 60% off for bad, spoiled or fake Creed is no bargain.
    Last edited by MysteryBuff40; 14th November 2012 at 04:47 AM.

^^ Couldn't agree more. Moral of the story is, if it's too good to be true. It probably is.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryBuff40 View Post
    Where you buy the fragrance is one of the variables that can determine how good it smells. I wonder how many of the complaints about Creed's "poor quality control" come from people who bought fakes. Even if it's authentic -- how was that bottle transported and stored before it reached the unauthorized dealer? Years in a hot warehouse? Months in the humid hull of a freighter ship that traveled from the Middle East?

People who buy it at 60% off post all the time on Basenotes: "Help me, I think my Creed is a fake." Paying 60% off for bad, spoiled or fake Creed is no bargain.
    I pretty much agree with the bold part of your post and I've thought about the same things RE Toilet Water Creeds. I know that the UAE has Air-conditioning but it's still the desert and cargo ships aren't a fun place to be if you're a fragrance.

However, the GIT I purchased online was identical to the one being sold at my local Neiman Marcus. Both said Eau de Parfum and not toilet water, both had the identical batch number, and both had the same smell to my nose and were less "potent" compared to other batches I've sampled.

On one hand, my GIT purchased from Walgreens via Fragrancenet, was sitting in a warehouse in 90-100F summer heat, and ground shipped in the back of a hot UPS truck for 5 days! On the other hand, the identical bottle at NM was sitting in a climate-controlled store and smelled identical. Go Figure.

One last thought...We don't know what Creed's wholesale cost to distributors is and what price online sites like Amazon pay for their inventory. If, hypothetically, Creed sells each 4oz bottle for say $100, that leaves plenty of margin for online retailers to make a decent profit.

Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast