Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 1533
  1. #31

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    I actually have a question... Is there a good way to determine how much is left in the 4oz flask other than just guessing based on weight?
    Yes hold it up to a light or use a flashlight.

  2. #32
    Renato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    11,798

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by ANGIESDOEBOY View Post
    Yes hold it up to a light or use a flashlight.
    Wouldn't it have to be a mighty powerful flashlight?
    Holding it up to the brightest light in my house was pretty useless.
    Renato

  3. #33
    taint it sweet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North of Chicago
    Posts
    2,019

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Wouldn't it have to be a mighty powerful flashlight?
    Holding it up to the brightest light in my house was pretty useless.
    Renato
    I have the same problem...no light in my house will show...even up to the window and sunlight.. Maybe I need to go outside.
    Currently wearing: Tam Dao by Diptyque

  4. #34

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    I have the same problem...no light in my house will show...even up to the window and sunlight.. Maybe I need to go outside.
    All of us basenoters need to heed that advice, I think, including me . . .
    Last edited by Addict; 27th February 2011 at 01:51 PM.

  5. #35

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Dear Abby

    What is the best way to spray GIT?

    My grandmother says it should be one to the left knee, one to the right side of the chest, one to the neck but at a 145.5 degrees angle.

    My grandfather says that if I don't bring him his damn beer, he will spray my derriere with Old Spice.

    I am confused.

    Please help

  6. #36

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Last question: given that my GIT is being autographed by Erwin Creed, should I spray from an unnatural angle just so I preserve the signature, or should I smear the signature with my unworthy fingers and not worry about it?

  7. #37

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Last I heard Erwin Creed sprays GIT in the shape of a crucifix on his chest before putting his shirt on.


  8. #38

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Very satisfied with GIT from flacon FP3209X01 purchased from a Florida vendor and just opened tonight. Much more potent/ full bodied than what I received in a tester (from 08 I think) about 5 months ago. At that time I couldn't quite understand the attraction to GIT. Now it makes sense to me. I like GIT but it will take a while for me to get a better feel for it and where it belongs in my wardrobe.

    Martin

  9. #39

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    Very satisfied with GIT from flacon FP3209X01 purchased from a Florida vendor and just opened tonight. Much more potent/ full bodied than what I received in a tester (from 08 I think) about 5 months ago. At that time I couldn't quite understand the attraction to GIT. Now it makes sense to me. I like GIT but it will take a while for me to get a better feel for it and where it belongs in my wardrobe.

    Martin
    Oh no! Dang. I have a tester from 08 I believe, I also bought it in December online. I've sampled GIT from retailers many times and my tester smells similar to most...I guess my 08 one has more of stronger floral/sweet musky(ambergris?) punch. But it is very potent I feel. Lasts forever on me. Easily 8 hours. But I don't get much of a sharp floral note in this bottle like I did in a sample last year. I have a sample from Nordstrom I just got recently. I should compare them.

    Could you describe what you mean by full bodied?

  10. #40

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Wow.. the official'ness of this thread reminds me of Pure Malt forum...

    Anyways, has anyone found where to get GIT online from discounters? FragranceNet, StrawberryNet, and BeautyEncounter haven't got GIT in stock for months.

    As for how many time GIT got me laid, NONE. With ADG I already lost count.

    EDIT:: If Creed makes GIT stick to skin more then I'll probably get laid... because as soon as my shirt is off the chicks grabbed the shirt and made a run for it
    Last edited by Sniffa; 27th February 2011 at 08:16 AM.

  11. #41

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Oh no! Dang. I have a tester from 08 I believe, I also bought it in December online. I've sampled GIT from retailers many times and my tester smells similar to most...I guess my 08 one has more of stronger floral/sweet musky(ambergris?) punch. But it is very potent I feel. Lasts forever on me. Easily 8 hours. But I don't get much of a sharp floral note in this bottle like I did in a sample last year. I have a sample from Nordstrom I just got recently. I should compare them.

    Could you describe what you mean by full bodied?
    Hey, let me be clear California G Man. I don't proclaim to be an all knowing fragrance expert. I can only speak from my limited experience and I have very little experience with GIT. The juice in the GIT tester I had was weak with low to moderate sillage and brief longevity. I'd estimate that the tester juice was maybe 70% the strength of what this batch is. I'm 3 hours into 5 sprays and the fragrance is still very apparent to me. Right from the start this juice had great in your face bouquet/presence. This is real perfume and I'm thinking it will wear well at work provided I go easy on the trigger. The tester just might have been a weak, ho-hum millesime batch. I would have been extremely disappointed if the flacon I bought was weak and nondescript like the tester I had. I hope that helps.

    Martin (have plenty of fragrance for all ocassions now---help Mr. Wizard)

  12. #42

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    Very satisfied with GIT from flacon FP3209X01
    Thans again Martin, hopefully that batch lasts and projects. Anyone else can confirm other good batch numbers of GIT?

    My A3209X03 (2009 I think) which is nearly empty seems to miss some of the top notes I smelled from a tester bottle at retail store. Four sprays lasts me 3 hours maximum with little projection. Ten sprays last around 6 hours.

  13. #43

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Will 8.4oz flacon / bottle of GIT be resealable once I empty half of it into an atomizer (no experience with flacons)??

    Looking at buying my first 8.4oz flacon, just a little worried I will ruin whatever left in the bottle once I open it. That is if it survives the flight and USPS!

  14. #44

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    "Last I heard Erwin Creed sprays GIT in the shape of a crucifix on his chest before putting his shirt on."

    Well, if he were of Jewish faith, spraying a Star of David would have been a lot more complicated, surely leading to overapplying (-:

  15. #45

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffa View Post
    Wow.. the official'ness of this thread reminds me of Pure Malt forum...

    Anyways, has anyone found where to get GIT online from discounters? FragranceNet, StrawberryNet, and BeautyEncounter haven't got GIT in stock for months.
    +1.

  16. #46

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Another fan here...

  17. #47

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    I love mine, but it's nearly empty now. If it'll get empty, I'll have no money to replace - my recent APOM purchase was a bit extreme. Do you recommend to keep it just as a memento?

    Generally, do you get rid of your empty bottles, or are they too precious and you store them for times to come?

  18. #48

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffa View Post
    Will 8.4oz flacon / bottle of GIT be resealable once I empty half of it into an atomizer (no experience with flacons)??

    Looking at buying my first 8.4oz flacon, just a little worried I will ruin whatever left in the bottle once I open it. That is if it survives the flight and USPS!
    +1. I do also wonder about this..

  19. #49

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Hey folks,



    Everytime i use git the opening notes smell different on me. Sometimes the opening is harsh and other times it's quite fresh. The drydown is always consistent and it smells great! My question to you is does git smell better as a sillage trail in the opening or better directly on the skin? With that said I do get great compliments on it.



    Nick

  20. #50

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    I'm torn on GIT. It's good stuff but I'm losing interest quick. I wore CW for about 5 years straight in the early 90s. I think they are very similar in ways but I can see the differences. However when I put on GIT from my decant spray now it just lingers on me "wrong." My main problem is that it goes on so intense and then I am getting a a very light drydown that almost disappears on me. That is why I reach for TdH more than GIT. TdH is strong and lasts all day but I can overapply even and I know it will mute itself over time while still keeping a good line of sillage. Overall GIT is in a 7 of 10 place for me.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

  21. #51

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    I have a similar experience as checkers. More sprays usually lead to more and more harsh and synthetic smell.

  22. #52

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Some conversation starters:

    Is GIT:
    -Awesome?
    -Kind of awesome?
    -Questionable awesomeness?
    -A panty-dropper?
    -A panty reinforcer?
    -An old man scent?
    -A Cool Water?
    -Made of all-natural materials?
    -Worn by the Pope?
    I'm sure Olver Creed once said that GIT is His Holiness' 'party' frag...
    Last edited by JohnTheBeginner; 4th March 2011 at 05:32 PM.

  23. #53

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    A thread about Green Irish Tweed?

    1. Something about it it not smelling like Cool Water
    2. Something about it being so expensive because the ingredients are the very best
    3. Something about celebs wearing it
    4. Something about 'how can I tell fake GIT?'
    5. Something about it not smelling like Cool Water (again)

    Brill.

  24. #54

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Hey folks,



    Everytime i use git the opening notes smell different on me. Sometimes the opening is harsh and other times it's quite fresh. The drydown is always consistent and it smells great! My question to you is does git smell better as a sillage trail in the opening or better directly on the skin? With that said I do get great compliments on it.



    Nick
    I get the same experience. Sometimes it smells almost sweet and soft, with a bite of citrus/lemon. Others I get a harsh chemical smell, hard to describe. That disappears quickly though.

  25. #55

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    I heard the pope wears GIT. Can I wear it if I am not Catholic?

  26. #56

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    I get the same experience. Sometimes it smells almost sweet and soft, with a bite of citrus/lemon. Others I get a harsh chemical smell, hard to describe. That disappears quickly though.
    Would it be fair to say that you consistently get a good drydown when the harsh opening happens on your skin?

  27. #57

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by shahshai View Post
    I have a similar experience as checkers. More sprays usually lead to more and more harsh and synthetic smell.
    How about your experience sir? Do you consistently get a pleasant drydown?

  28. #58

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Would it be fair to say that you consistently get a good drydown when the harsh opening happens on your skin?
    Always!

  29. #59

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    I hear ya man, but in my experience olfactory fatigue plays a big role when wearing got. I also get extremely spotty longevity. Sometimes after 2 hours I can't smell it then the next time I wear it its there over 8 hours later. This message is for toughcool.

  30. #60

    Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Always!
    Well i always get compliments from women when I wear it, there's just something about git that works!

Similar Threads

  1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    By Basteri in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 24th September 2008, 04:36 PM
  2. Official Green Irish Tweed olfactory pyramid...?
    By DULLAH in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15th December 2007, 05:22 PM
  3. CREED GREEN IRISH TWEED - please help
    By JP1234 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 16th July 2005, 06:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000