Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

@ checker, Yeh the drydown is always wonderful...just the first 1 hour can be little difficult to wear.

Quote Originally Posted by shahshai View Post
    @ checker, Yeh the drydown is always wonderful...just the first 1 hour can be little difficult to wear.
    Ok now I know it's not my skin chemistry. It's weird though because the harsh opening doesn't always happen.

One of my favorites. If I ever had to go down to just one bottle of something (scary thought!), It would be GIT.
    Current Favorites - Creed Green Irish Tweed, Costume National Homme, Hanae Mori HiM EDP, Chanel Platinum Egoiste

I have to admit I went from feeling indifferent/neutral about GIT to enjoying it more and more. I'm glad I tried it again. The batch I have seems so rich and fragrant in comparison to a tester I had last year. I am curious to sample GIT at a Creed counter for the sake of comparison.

Martin

The bottle against the light trick worked! I have 45% left in my bottle. Is it considered heavy use if I went through 55% in a year's time?

This knockoff additive is supposed to be great for laundry and/or shower gel. I could see adding it to a bottle of Dr Bronner's Unscented soap and trying it out. Might be a good substitute for the official but tepid body wash.

http://www.elementsbathandbody.com/G...ce-pr-779.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sergiu25 View Post
    The bottle against the light trick worked! I have 45% left in my bottle. Is it considered heavy use if I went through 55% in a year's time?
    Lol, it's considered good use of great juice!

Here is a question (probably asked before), if Cool Water didn't exist, would Green Irish Tweed be held in a much higher esteem?

This is driving me nuts...I literally put the bottle right next to a 100 watt bulb...then I shined a powerful flashlight from the other side since it wasn't see through yet...still nothing... I'm not sure if I'm ever going to know how much I have remaining until it's gone... I guess it's a good thing I have a couple back up bottles already...still frustrating.
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Message from Creed:

"Perhaps the best known and most widely embraced of Olivier CREED's creations is Green Irish Tweed, the fresh verbena, violet leaf and sandalwood blend in a signature black bottle that evokes the sleek perfection of a Savile Row tuxedo jacket. Green Irish Tweed is beloved worldwide, but perhaps especially so by clients of Irish ancestry.

For St. Patrick's Day, the CEO of CREED North America presented bottles of Green Irish Tweed to the grand marshals of March 17 parades in Manhattan, Boston and Chicago. This celebratory day on the cusp of spring is made all the more enjoyable with the charmed air of Green Irish Tweed, perhaps the most versatile, popular and distinctive CREED fragrance of all."

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    This is driving me nuts...I literally put the bottle right next to a 100 watt bulb...then I shined a powerful flashlight from the other side since it wasn't see through yet...still nothing... I'm not sure if I'm ever going to know how much I have remaining until it's gone... I guess it's a good thing I have a couple back up bottles already...still frustrating.
    LED torch does it.

http://lukehimself.net/wp-content/up...10/10/ledt.jpg

Also, turn off all your lights and put your GIT bottle against a naked bulb, also does it.

Just bought a tester from fragrancenet. It is a little different then my early 2009 bottle but it's great to have a backup..
    I think GIT is my year round fav..

GIT and Erolfa are great!!
    -AVENTUS-

It was previously mentioned that FP3209X01 is a good GIT batch? For others that have this FP3209X01 batch, just want to hear if they feel the same before I spend my hard earned money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    Don't despair - you're not alone.
    I couldn't see through either of my two black bottles either.
    When I used a 20milliWatt saser, I could just see a glow through the top edge, but not enough to see the level of the liquid.
    Perhaps we need to invest in an industrial strength laser?
    Renato

You have to remember that Creed nozzles spray more than most standard bottles. It's very easy to over apply Creed scents and use up one's bottle quickly. But on the other hand, they smell better that way.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Generally, do you get rid of your empty bottles, or are they too precious and you store them for times to come?
    I haven't finished off a Creed bottle yet, but when I do I will be keeping the cap, incase I ever by a tester for the same frag.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Don't despair - you're not alone.
    I couldn't see through either of my two black bottles either.
    When I used a 20milliWatt saser, I could just see a glow through the top edge, but not enough to see the level of the liquid.
    Perhaps we need to invest in an industrial strength laser?
    Renato
    All you need is a regular old flashlight placed behind the bottle, since the bottle is actually purple you can see it through it quite clearly. :@)

Quote Originally Posted by ANGIESDOEBOY View Post
    All you need is a regular old flashlight placed behind the bottle, since the bottle is actually purple you can see it through it quite clearly. :@)
    Thanks. Your method works providing it is done in a dark room.
    Regards,
    Renato

i have a flacon of FP3209X01 (it's my workhorse scent). longevity is all right, though right now i don't remember how well it did in the summer. i lost about 50 ml or so in a horrible traveling accident, so i've gone through more of that flacon than i wish i had but i do dearly love my green irish tweed.

eric b

Does anyone find that Green Irish Tweed lasts much longer in the summer than the winter?

I experienced the full dry down for the first time today... Amazing! I usually don't spray my arm (just neck and chest)..but usually by the dry down I think my nose is fatigued from the scent... I sprayed some on my arm so I could smell it later and I'm so glad I did. No wonder why the girl followed me around the first time I wore this out...mmm

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Thanks. Your method works providing it is done in a dark room.
    Regards,
    Renato
    I got this to work...thanks for the tip...it seems I've used more than I thought, lol

My 8oz flacon is arriving tomorrow!! First time I bought a single fragrance over 4oz. Really hope it will be better than my last 4oz batch of GIT>

Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post
    A thread about Green Irish Tweed?

1. Something about it it not smelling like Cool Water
    2. Something about it being so expensive because the ingredients are the very best
    3. Something about celebs wearing it
    4. Something about 'how can I tell fake GIT?'
    5. Something about it not smelling like Cool Water (again)

Brill.
    and you forgot:
    6. Something about it gets so many compliments it hurts.

Yes, GIT is a very good fragrance.

Do I win something?
    À l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

I'll be the first to ask the saddest question ever lol. Just received my 8oz flacon of GIT.

But how do I open it???? Took out the leather wrap, and the glass / rubber top is tightly sealed. Is it a twist or pull? It feels like I'm going to shatter the bottle with the amount of force I had to use and it still won't budge!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffa View Post
    I'll be the first to ask the saddest question ever lol. Just received my 8oz flacon of GIT.

But how do I open it???? Took out the leather wrap, and the glass / rubber top is tightly sealed. Is it a twist or pull? It feels like I'm going to shatter the bottle with the amount of force I had to use and it still won't budge!
    I saw a video about a guy having the same problem, he put in the freezer and after a while took it out and it worked, so I hope it works for you too!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Fact:

1) Richard Gere wears GIT
    2) Because of fact 1, this makes it the greatest scent of all time.
    I agree! lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan D' Great View Post
    I saw a video about a guy having the same problem, he put in the freezer and after a while took it out and it worked, so I hope it works for you too!
    Won't that ruin the fragrance?

Won't that ruin the fragrance?
    Put it in the freezer for twenty minutes. See if it opens then. If not, put it in for another fifteen. See if it opens then. I don't know, pick short term intervals of your own preference. I'll probably open before an hour or two hours of freezer time.

It won't ruin or hurt the fragrance. Ivan isn't talking about putting it in over night.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Sniffa, If you are righthanded, hold the flacon firmly on a table or non-skid surface with your left hand. Grab the glass stopper with your right hand (I wore a latex glove) and gently turn in each direction. Be patient. I've opened several flacons this way. Now that you know the stopper seats to the flacon well, there shouldn't be any evaporation issues if you reseal well. You're in for a treat with the juice methinks.

Martin