Code of Conduct
Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

Quote Originally Posted by songbyanon View Post
    Dailey / All,

Here's my 2 pennies worth on batch A3211X01...

Ordered mine 2 weeks ago from cheapsmells.com. Bottle was legit (as you'd expect from cheapsmells) and was originally destined to live under more arabian skies, with the arabic information leaflet etc.. (again, more or less expected with discounted online stock). Initial impressions were pretty good, with the same quality opening that I had with my previous 2 bottles, which were both from house of fraser (i don't have the batch #s for these unfortunately). The issue for me is with the longevity of the juice... It's been a while since I had the previous 2 bottles, but with those I remember getting up to 6 or 7 hours of projection, often waking up in the morning and still being able to smell it. With this batch, I can barely smell it after 2 or 3 hours, unless I sniff very close to my skin...

Now trying to decide whether or not to send mine back. Has anyone else had this batch?

Cheers
    Never tried that batch but 2-3 hours does not seem value for money.
    Last edited by lincoln; 15th March 2013 at 09:17 AM.

I havent been following the whole GIT batch issues/variations. Anyway, I found a tester for sell at Scented Monkey I may buy. Would this be a smart move? I have never bought from them so no sure about their stock and how it would relate to any GIT batch issues. Thanks

For those of you who have received the a3212 batches, is the box still practically all white or is the gold emblem and lettering on it? Also, I've seen that the foreign destined creeds sometimes have the batch number engraved on the back of the bottle with the words "toilet water pgs" also engraved with it. Is the lot number for your 2012 bottles on the back lip of the bottle or is it engraved along with the ingredients and toilet water pgs right on the back? I'm interested in obtaining one of these a3212 batches, but my experience with the "toilet water variants" hasn't been pleasant. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

I had the impression that the batch issues only related to Aventus..

Although this is in now way representative of all creeds, my two most recent green irish tweeds varied considerably in terms of longevity, however, they smelled the exact same. It is not a fair assumption for me to say that the white box creeds are "weaker" than those with gold accents, but the only bottle I have ever had issues with was a bottle seemingly destined for the Middle East which was the only white box I have had
    Last edited by nstall; 15th March 2013 at 02:25 AM.

Interesting to compare notes... The box of mine doesn't have the gold accents. Do Creed use different packaging for stock that's going to the Middle East? I suppose this is fairly academic, but it is still interesting.... at least to me!

treeman5823

Lalalala

just got an a02 decant, really good, it wowed me at first because it was my first time trying git
    testing for longevity (creeds usually dont last long on my skin)

Recently bought a 4 oz bottle off eBay for $108. It was a bit risky without having heard anything about this seller, but I'm glad I took the risk. An excellent deal on an excellent batch (X04).

The seller was gift_station, for those who are interested.

This week I received my first Creed fragrance, a GIT bought in FragranceX, however I was worried with the box that is made from a poor quality paper, like a recycled paper and the cap doesn't fix very well on the bottle, Could you guys say if it's fake??

IMG_3426.jpgIMG_3427.jpgIMG_3429.jpgIMG_3430.jpgIMG_3431.jpgIMG_3432.jpgIMG_3433.jpgIMG_3434.jpgIMG_3435.jpgIMG_3436.jpgIMG_3437.jpgIMG_3438.jpgIMG_3439.jpgIMG_3440.jpgIMG_3442.jpg
    Last edited by ekobo; 30th March 2013 at 01:14 AM.

^ Never bought from them but I believe FragranceX is a legit grey market fragrance website so you are ok.

Basenotes Member

FragranceX is 100% legit, and they do not sell counterfeits. Enjoy your bottle buddy, it is authentic for sure.

Your bottle it legit.

The engraving looks kinda funky on the back of that bottle. As long as it smells right though...

Thanks for the answers!!

Just got mine from creeds site and its the 2010 batch? I thought they would give the me the most recent one? Does it get better with more use "fresher", or ill return it.
    Top 5

1. Givenchy Play Intense by Givenchy

2. Invasion Barbare by MDCI

3. Green Irish Tweed by Creed

4. Rive Gauche Pour Homme by YSL

5. Gendarme

6. Jazz Prestige by YSL

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by claytonmarionneaux View Post
    Just got mine from creeds site and its the 2010 batch? I thought they would give the me the most recent one? Does it get better with more use "fresher", or ill return it.
    Ah, that sucks man. I would think that Creed would sell more recent batches than the discount retailers. I would definitely send it back.

Quote Originally Posted by jal3223 View Post
    Ah, that sucks man. I would think that Creed would sell more recent batches than the discount retailers. I would definitely send it back.
    Yeah, I'm surprised. When I got mine from Fragrancent, my batch was just from the previous year. I thought the Creed Boutique web site would send the latest batches.

If you return it then the next one they send you will smell exactly the same. Dont waste your time.
    Want to trade - Chanel Platinum Egoiste for Dior Eau Sauvage...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

But everybody says that's the worst batch, and I had a 2011 batch sample and it smelled way fresher

- - - Updated - - -

I'm waiting for Creed's response
    Top 5

5. Gendarme

6. Jazz Prestige by YSL

But everybody says that's the worst batch, and I had a 2011 batch sample and it smelled way fresher

- - - Updated - - -

I'm waiting for Creed's response
    Everybody who? Creed is going to tell you to return it so they can try to make you as happy as possible.

On every page all im seeing is the 2010 batch is the worst, and I can see what they are saying because I had a 2011 batch and it was way more fresher and potent.

- - - Updated - - -

I cant return my GIT great! Anyone actually like the 2010 batch lol? It smells good but the longevity is bad
    Top 5

5. Gendarme

6. Jazz Prestige by YSL

Basenotes Member

On every page all im seeing is the 2010 batch is the worst, and I can see what they are saying because I had a 2011 batch and it was way more fresher and potent.

- - - Updated - - -

I cant return my GIT great! Anyone actually like the 2010 batch lol? It smells good but the longevity is bad
    Did they actually tell you that couldn't return it? That seems strange coming from such a high end establishment. If you are not happy you should call and speak with a supervisor. Especially if you just received the bottle.

I already sprayed it before I checked the batch number which was dumb, I was in the moment. You cant return used products
    Top 5

5. Gendarme

6. Jazz Prestige by YSL

This thread has 16 pages.

No fragrance is worth working this hard for.

Am I allowed to say I don't like GIT? I have a bottle and the times I pushed myself to wear it I regreted. Humpf..

Quote Originally Posted by Duver View Post
    Am I allowed to say I don't like GIT? I have a bottle and the times I pushed myself to wear it I regreted. Humpf..

You could always send it to me.

I took a chance on purchasing a bottle through Amazon (sold by Amazon). It is my second bottle of GIT. I'm 100% certain the fragrance is real, however the quality of the fragrance is incredibly poor compared to my first bottle. It is extremely weak, with no projection to speak of and less than 90 minutes of skin life before I can barely detect it with my nose against my skin. I emailed Amazon requesting an exchange, and less than 3 hours later received an email stating that a full refund was issued. The lot number of the bottle is A3212A02. It was nice to see Amazon stand behind their products and offer a full refund, no questions asked.
    Current Favorites - Creed Green Irish Tweed, Costume National Homme, Hanae Mori HiM EDP, Chanel Platinum Egoiste

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Freeze View Post
    I took a chance on purchasing a bottle through Amazon (sold by Amazon). It is my second bottle of GIT. I'm 100% certain the fragrance is real, however the quality of the fragrance is incredibly poor compared to my first bottle. It is extremely weak, with no projection to speak of and less than 90 minutes of skin life before I can barely detect it with my nose against my skin. I emailed Amazon requesting an exchange, and less than 3 hours later received an email stating that a full refund was issued. The lot number of the bottle is A3212A02. It was nice to see Amazon stand behind their products and offer a full refund, no questions asked.
    I have the same batch from a different source and it is the best I have ever smelled. Maybe you are suffering from nose fatigue by burying your nose in your arm constantly because I get 6-8 hours + every single time. This is the fourth batch that I have had tried and by far the best in terms if smell (they were all good). The longevity was good with all of them, but the two 2012 batches that I've tried are the most vibrant especially in the basenotes. Unless there were some serious storage issues by Amazon, I would hate to let this batch go. Just my opinion.
    It is good to hear that Amazon refunded your money since you weren't happy though.
    Last edited by jal3223; 17th April 2013 at 04:28 PM.

Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast