Code of Conduct
Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1533
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

If you look in the Creed discussions thread (which is missing), you'll see that the spellings have changed. (Why, I have no idea.) To be sure I called someone at the Creed Boutique in NYC and asked the SA to read me how 'absolues' is spelled. There was an 'e' in the word on the back of the box. This has been noticed on Aventus boxes since late last year or so.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Basenotes Plus

Basenotes Plus

Legit boxes didn't used to have the 'e'. It has changed.

All the other boxes of real creed have the should be spelled words though...Did Creed used to misspell these words up until 2013-2014 and finally correct them?

This is a 2014 box. Prior year boxes spelled absolues, triees 7 naturelles differently.

20140504_205754_resized.jpg

20140504_210417.jpg

1212.jpg

also does the seam on this bottle look to pronounced. And whats the deal with this card. Isn't the wors fils supposed to be in the middle???

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ShaverX View Post
    All the other boxes of real creed have the should be spelled words though...Did Creed used to misspell these words up until 2013-2014 and finally correct them?

This is a 2014 box. Prior year boxes spelled absolues, triees 7 naturelles differently.

20140504_205754_resized.jpg
    You seem to be both asking a question and making a statement about the same subject. Yes, Creed spelled the words differently on boxes prior to late 2013. (And, who knows, maybe there have been multiple shifts in spellings over the years prior to that.)

Awesome guys. You are all basically answering my questions. So the box is real, bottle is real....but the juice is not the way i remember in my sample which was actually from 2012 and that juice was to die for such a beautiful drydown. Is it that I need to shelve this bad boy and wait for it to turn beautiful over time? Oh and the longevity is atrocious. By the time I get in my car on my way to work I am ferociously sniffing my arm for a trace... So weird this GIT beast is.

20140504_210417.jpg

1212.jpg

also does the seam on this bottle look to pronounced. And whats the deal with this card. Isn't the wors fils supposed to be in the middle???
    You'll know a fake card when you see one. The gold border is completely flat (yours is raised) and the overall quality is much worse. Here's an example of a fake card:

Hey guys, long time lurker here. This is my first post.

I recently received a bottle of GIT from Perfumes4u on Ebay. They're feedback is incredibly high so I thought it would be safe getting a bottle of GIT from them. The bottle and packaging looks legit. The batch number is S03213t01 and the little paper that came with the fragrance (not the card) was in arabic writing.

The problem is, the sample of GIT I had and the bottle I have have worrisome dissimilarities and I'm wondering if these differences can be attributed to batch variation. The top notes smell the same but the bottom notes on my sample has more prevalent sandalwood, which gave the fragrance a much nicer, smoother and tone. In comparison, my actual bottle smells more dirty and lacks the leafiness of the sample, verging on smelling acrid and synthetic.

I'm afraid I have fake juice because all the physical cues point towards a fully legit bottle. Is there a way I can tell that a bottle has been tempered with and someone swapped the actual juice for something else?

Quote Originally Posted by izconcept View Post
    Hey guys, long time lurker here. This is my first post.

I recently received a bottle of GIT from Perfumes4u on Ebay. They're feedback is incredibly high so I thought it would be safe getting a bottle of GIT from them. The bottle and packaging looks legit. The batch number is S03213t01 and the little paper that came with the fragrance (not the card) was in arabic writing.

The problem is, the sample of GIT I had and the bottle I have have worrisome dissimilarities and I'm wondering if these differences can be attributed to batch variation. The top notes smell the same but the bottom notes on my sample has more prevalent sandalwood, which gave the fragrance a much nicer, smoother and tone. In comparison, my actual bottle smells more dirty and lacks the leafiness of the sample, verging on smelling acrid and synthetic.

I'm afraid I have fake juice because all the physical cues point towards a fully legit bottle. Is there a way I can tell that a bottle has been tempered with and someone swapped the actual juice for something else?

I'm having the same problem. The drydown is not nearly as good as my little sample vial. That juice was heavenly. I'd like to track down that batch. This is kind of crazy that we pay the amount we pay and creed can't get these batches consistent. True we both have grey market batches but I hear plenty of stories of people buying from NM or the boutique and still having these problems. i guess as creed customers we need to find the specific batch we love and obtain that particular batch or else you have a different cologne whether it be in the top or middle or drydown no two seem to be alike. At this point i'm not sure if i should shelve my GIT for a year to let it properly age. But if so why do creed not just age these perfumes to proper maturity instead of me having to do it? When I buy a fine whisky I don't have to store it for a few years.

Come on now Olivier and Erwin!!! Can someone on the creed marketing team do some research on customer satisfaction...IE fragrance boards and finally make things right. They could quadrouple thier client base if everyone knew that they'd get the same juice everytime.

Basenotes Junkie

You can not argue about what you may or may not have when your puchasing something from somewhere thats not adknowledged by a company as being an authorised retailer, about as much as you can appear to do is come on here and complain about it...

You do have a point for the most part but like I said you could go to an authorized dealer and get a 100% legit bottle and have the same exact problem with the way it smells. That is why I didn't bother going to an authorized dealer. I could have gotten the same fresh batch and have to mature it myself. That's ridiculous. If Creed would mature their scents in house and 100% guarantee the same GIT always, I'd fork out the extra $180 and head down to NM today.

I'm having the same problem. The drydown is not nearly as good as my little sample vial. That juice was heavenly. I'd like to track down that batch. This is kind of crazy that we pay the amount we pay and creed can't get these batches consistent. True we both have grey market batches but I hear plenty of stories of people buying from NM or the boutique and still having these problems. i guess as creed customers we need to find the specific batch we love and obtain that particular batch or else you have a different cologne whether it be in the top or middle or drydown no two seem to be alike. At this point i'm not sure if i should shelve my GIT for a year to let it properly age. But if so why do creed not just age these perfumes to proper maturity instead of me having to do it? When I buy a fine whisky I don't have to store it for a few years.

Come on now Olivier and Erwin!!! Can someone on the creed marketing team do some research on customer satisfaction...IE fragrance boards and finally make things right. They could quadrouple thier client base if everyone knew that they'd get the same juice everytime.
    That's exactly what I'm doing right now. I put it back in its box and I'm letting it age in my cabinet for the next 12 months to see if it makes a difference in smell. With the way it smells now, I much rather enjoy my other fragrances. It's too bad because my sample of GIT was one of the best colognes I've ever put my nose on; amazing smell, silage and longevity.

Does anyone know if perhaps they reformulated GIT in 2013-2014? Perhaps they cheapened up the "basenotes" (pun intended) and that's why our batches smell differently. Hopefully others will come out with their experiences with recent GIT batches

Does anyone know if perhaps they reformulated GIT in 2013-2014? Perhaps they cheapened up the "basenotes" (pun intended) and that's why our batches smell differently. Hopefully others will come out with their experiences with recent GIT batches
    2013 batch smells incredible. I doubt there is that much variation that took place in a year, but I guess I wouldn't know until I put my nose on it. I don't have fantastic longevity with GIT by any means if that's what your concerned about. Since you got it from fragrancenet, your good. That being said your juice is top of the line, maybe it's too fresh for your liking? I don't know, but at the end of the day if your wearing GIT your going to smell pretty damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by nKelly95 View Post
    2013 batch smells incredible. I doubt there is that much variation that took place in a year, but I guess I wouldn't know until I put my nose on it. I don't have fantastic longevity with GIT by any means if that's what your concerned about. Since you got it from fragrancenet, your good. That being said your juice is top of the line, maybe it's too fresh for your liking? I don't know, but at the end of the day if your wearing GIT your going to smell pretty damn good.

I do agree that it smells fantastic up top, bursting with green freshness but the drydown is different....And the longevity is something laughable unless I am suffering sever ofalcatory fatigue from smelling it to much. I dunno. I've beaten this with a dead horse. I'm going to let it rest for a few more days and then using lighter applications... The good news is that I was not smelling any on me and my wife came home several hours later telling me she could smell my cologne in the hallway and she says it smells like the sample I had. Maybe my nose is playing tricks on me and I'm being paranoid

I do agree that it smells fantastic up top, bursting with green freshness but the drydown is different....And the longevity is something laughable unless I am suffering sever ofalcatory fatigue from smelling it to much. I dunno. I've beaten this with a dead horse. I'm going to let it rest for a few more days and then using lighter applications... The good news is that I was not smelling any on me and my wife came home several hours later telling me she could smell my cologne in the hallway and she says it smells like the sample I had. Maybe my nose is playing tricks on me and I'm being paranoid
    Most creeds including GIT have generated olfactory fatigue at some point. GIT projects on me for the first hour or two then gets close to the skin. However when I think it's gone people have commented on it when they were close enough. Spray away from nose or rotate your fragrances more often, this will help less the effects of OF.

I personally also find that rotating helps.

Quote Originally Posted by nKelly95 View Post
    For me the discrepancies between my sample and my cologne make a world of difference. The sample smells like a cologne I would pay 3 figures for. My current bottle, not so much...

Maybe I'll trade my git for a bottle of viw before the summer and buy another bottle of git later this year...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by izconcept View Post
    For me the discrepancies between my sample and my cologne make a world of difference. The sample smells like a cologne I would pay 3 figures for. My current bottle, not so much...

Maybe I'll trade my git for a bottle of viw before the summer and buy another bottle of git later this year...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

People also need to realize anytime you use natural ingredients, the smell can never be exactly the same. For example, ambergris is, as most of you know, wale secretions. They believe it's something their intestines do when they get something sharp(octopus beak, etc) after they eat and the "ambergris" or Amber grey is what covers the foreign object and then harden to protect it's insides as it passes through. Now, my point is, is every batch of ambergris can smell different. Sometimes one house nose may not like the smell of the ambergris and reject it but it may be perfect for another house nose. It's very subjective and that's pretty much with anything that's made with a lot of rare natural ingredients.

I would recommend asking for the batch number before you purchase on eBay next time. You could probably even call up fragrancenet and get them to tell you the batches they have as well.

Ya'll got that octupus beak batch?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeroyDaBoy View Post
    Ya'll got that octupus beak batch?

Virtually all ambergris is found with beaks and shit in it. Kinda the whole reason for the process in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    It's a grey market GIT that starts with an S, I have to check it when I get home. What is your exact lot #
    Mine is A3213T01, got it from London, Selfridges.

sorry for the late reply.

Looking to buy a 4oz GIT, can it be found for below 140 usd ? I'm not sure if I'm looking at the right places..

It looks like you can buy it on Amazon (shipped from and sold by fragrancenet) for $131.

Either it smells the same of she's tired of your obsession. Don't drive her crazy my man! You have GIT, it's going to smell good. It may not last 8 hours, but that's ok. Stop worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    It looks like you can buy it on Amazon (shipped from and sold by fragrancenet) for $131.
    Thank you caferacer!

Btw, found this on ebay, seller has high rating and volume.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GREEN-IRISH-...item3cd99280df

Looks legit?

I wore GIT from a 90% empty bottle that I've had for about 12 years today. Still smelled great! Wife loved it.

After over a month of no GIT, I received my replacement bottle from fragrancenet (I'm sure most of you heard my story and they were awesome in every way). So, I just wanted to post saying I have a 2014 batch, and on the contrary to what ShaverX had been saying, my juice is a powerhouse! I primed it when I got home today, so I only let one full spray out. When my mom got home 2 hours later, she immediately said it smelled like my cologne and she knew it had arrived. 1 spray lingered in my house strongly for about 3 full hours, which surprised me every time I'd get a wiff of it. Smells absolutely great, can't say the scent is much different than the 2013 batch but it does seem to be stronger. I'm thinking my first time wearing it on skin I'll only spray once just so I can test the longevity on a weak dose. Have high expectations because it seems wonderful. I'll let everyone know what I think of it within the next couple of days!
    By the way -- I did receive the new batch in a new box, but with the old atomizer!! I'll take it!! Sprays much nicer than that new one IMO (although the new one does the job just fine, I just like the way the old one feels when you pull the trigger)
    So yeah, I look forward to give it a couple wearings and share my review, stay tuned

Can you post a pic of the new box?

Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast