Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

Finally signed up for an account and bought a 17 oz Flacon of GIT. I bought the 17 oz because I know for a fact that I would be using this for a long time and also open to trades. I have used Curve for men for the longest, switched to Bond Riverside Drive but always loved the scent of GIT. I should be getting the Flacon soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mont3go View Post
    Finally signed up for an account and bought a 17 oz Flacon of GIT. I bought the 17 oz because I know for a fact that I would be using this for a long time and also open to trades. I have used Curve for men for the longest, switched to Bond Riverside Drive but always loved the scent of GIT. I should be getting the Flacon soon.
    Welcome aboard BN Mont. Who did you purchase the 500ml flacon from? With a decent atomizer, your juice will go a long, long way. I keep my flacon stored in its original box. I hope you're happy with what you receive.

Martin

Hi there

I heard George Clooney wore this. On him it would be an instant panty-dropper. :-)

It wouldn't be in my top 5 for dudes, but maybe in the top 10, there are others that are much more...um...effective! And agreed - Erwin Creed is SMOKIN hot.....thud.

I think on the right person who can carry it off - they will wear it and not have it wear them....their confidence will make them more attractive anyway.

hope that helps!

Don't know what it is with GIT, but I never liked it. I've worn OV on/off for a couple of years and then more recently got into Aventus. I'll be getting my first full bottle this weekend It feels more refined to me than GIT or OV, but I guess time will tell...

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    Welcome aboard BN Mont. Who did you purchase the 500ml flacon from? With a decent atomizer, your juice will go a long, long way. I keep my flacon stored in its original box. I hope you're happy with what you receive.

Martin
    Purchased it from Nordstrom's in South Coast Plaza. Neimann Marcus in Fashion Island did not have anymore 17 oz Flacons. From what the Salesman in Neimann said, Creed no longer makes 17 oz Flacons. Hopefully he is misinformed.

Received my GIT today and batch code says it was made in 2009, alot of juice lost from the angels so I will have to return it in store tomorrow.

Called Creed Boutique in NY and they still make the 17oz Flacons.

It's funny because I haven't been on Basenotes for a few years so I decided to check in today to see how things are now. It appears that GIT is still quite popular here as it was 6-7 years ago. I still have my 4 oz. bottle from 2005 when scentiments was selling testers for $50. Girls still love it when I wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog View Post
    It's funny because I haven't been on Basenotes for a few years so I decided to check in today to see how things are now. It appears that GIT is still quite popular here as it was 6-7 years ago. I still have my 4 oz. bottle from 2005 when scentiments was selling testers for $50. Girls still love it when I wear it.
    What are you wearing now?

I'll just throw this out in the hopes someone may come across it and respond.

I have a flacon of 1996/97 vintage that is well preserved - about half full now, and I wonder if anyone here can comment on whether there is significant difference between mid 90s GIT and the current release? I have read that GIT had some sandalwood in the base (presumably mysore in the good old days) and if that has been lost now?

I try the odd spritz of GIT at the counter and it still smells great but I haven't bought one and done a decent side by side (yet). Not life and death, just wondering - any thoughts? Many thanks.

I'd be willing to swap you a 10ml glass spray of mine for 10ml glass spray of yours for comparison. I have a 2009 500ml flacon of GIT that I believe is as good as can be had today. Mind you I've only compared it to other contemporary lots, many of which were on carded samples.

Hey Mont, Teri and Aaron will take care of you if your flacon leaked in transit. I had a similar thing happend with another Creed fragrance from them. I hope it wasn't too bad. I'm a stickler for requesting that my flacons be shipped standing up, labelled on top, and, preferralbly with arrows pointing up on all sides of the box.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    I'll just throw this out in the hopes someone may come across it and respond.

I have a flacon of 1996/97 vintage that is well preserved - about half full now, and I wonder if anyone here can comment on whether there is significant difference between mid 90s GIT and the current release? I have read that GIT had some sandalwood in the base (presumably mysore in the good old days) and if that has been lost now?

I try the odd spritz of GIT at the counter and it still smells great but I haven't bought one and done a decent side by side (yet). Not life and death, just wondering - any thoughts? Many thanks.
    Last edited by Jazznpool; 24th June 2011 at 07:21 AM.

Ordered another bottle of GIT (4 oz, 185$) earlier this week, this time from TopParfumerie.eu. The one I got from SoLippy.uk (4 oz, 180$) just doesn't feel right, I mean the bottle is legit and the box was right(with the gold trimmings) without any miss spellings. The scent is FANTASTIC when I smell it from the sprayer, but when I spray it on my skin it just smells like piss, and it lasts only about 2-2,5 hours. Well, I can't be 100% sure that they sold me fake but it's starting to feel that way... Just have to wait how the TopParfumerie bottle smells like.

Quote Originally Posted by Mont3go View Post
    Hi Montego - where did you order this from, and do they ship to the UK?

I got my 30ml's from http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/ you get 2 free samples with your order. The 2011 batch I got is better than my 2008 sample.

Basenotes Plus

Okay I'm confused here. What is it that I'm smelling in GIT, is it violet or is it violet leaf? The creed boutique lists violet leaves, and on Fragrantica, violet (the actual flower) is rated as the dominant note.

I assumed it was the actual flower because GIT smells deeply floral to me.

This is pretty interesting, I got a new flacon this morning for the latest split and they've gone back to the rich greeny yellow juice instead of the clear stuff from 09/10. The batch is C3211P01 and the violet is alot more prominant than the stuff from last year.

I thought the last couple of years have been dissapointing for GIT but this is back on track and more akin to my bottle from 2008. I'll post a pic up later on my split topic.

Same mines is greeny yellow too, serial number S3211P01 smells amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    This is pretty interesting, I got a new flacon this morning for the latest split and they've gone back to the rich greeny yellow juice instead of the clear stuff from 09/10. The batch is C3211P01 and the violet is alot more prominant than the stuff from last year.

I thought the last couple of years have been dissapointing for GIT but this is back on track and more akin to my bottle from 2008. I'll post a pic up later on my split topic.
    I have a batch from 2010 and it's not as rich as the bottles I've had In the past. If its true that the 2011 batch smells great then the theory they creeds get better with age is a false claim. Like to hear your thoughts more on this batch, does it last??

Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post

I have a bottle from 2008 and the best thing about it is it's rich thick violet note which is the best thing for me about GIT. To hear this years batches are back on track is good news indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I have a batch from 2010 and it's not as rich as the bottles I've had In the past. If its true that the 2011 batch smells great then the theory they creeds get better with age is a false claim. Like to hear your thoughts more on this batch, does it last??
    I think from my experience of Green Irish Tweed and my bottles in the past it does get more potent with better longevity after a certain period. Considering how good these are from the start this is a batch I'm very happy to send out to people. I've bottled it up now so humpty will have to let you know on the longevity of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I have a bottle from 2008 and the best thing about it is it's rich thick violet note which is the best thing for me about GIT. To hear this years batches are back on track is good news indeed.
    Its the same for me, I always associate a strong violet with Green Irish Tweed. Its one note I could never tire of.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    I'd be willing to swap you a 10ml glass spray of mine for 10ml glass spray of yours for comparison. I have a 2009 500ml flacon of GIT that I believe is as good as can be had today. Mind you I've only compared it to other contemporary lots, many of which were on carded samples.

Hey Mont, Teri and Aaron will take care of you if your flacon leaked in transit. I had a similar thing happend with another Creed fragrance from them. I hope it wasn't too bad. I'm a stickler for requesting that my flacons be shipped standing up, labelled on top, and, preferralbly with arrows pointing up on all sides of the box.

Martin
    yeh Martin your batch is certainly one of the best I've ever smelt, how much do you have left?

yeh Martin your batch is certainly one of the best I've ever smelt, how much do you have left?
    There are 500ml flacons of same lot# available from the source in Florida that I gave you a while back and the price is unbeatable. I bought 2 of them, so I'm in real good shape with GIT.

Martin

Folks,

Just wanted to let you know, the creed boutique In NYC is getting new 4 oz bottles of GIT tomorrow, hopefully they are batches from 2011. I want back the intense rich opening and the prominent violet notes. My 2010 bottle has neither yet i still get compliments on it.

A local department store has batch c3309w01 is anyone familiar with this one?

Check out GIT batch A3211N01, its much more potent and rich than any of the 2010 batches..

I just received my sample today. I am smelling this for the first time.

Conclusion:

Opened up with a typical green powdery scent. I almost want to say it reminds me of the reformulated Giorgio BH or a real old green pine scent from the 70's.

The dry down however is very different and WAY more classy than similar types of fragrances. Sweet yet with a hint of green and some other mild herb I can't place at the moment.

The dry down reminds me of a mix of stale white wine with crushed flower petals.

Safe classic and mild are the adjectives I would use to describe it. Nothing stands out as bold or exciting...just a nice smelling classic scent that knows how to behave...not for me and not worth the high price in my opinion.

Check out GIT batch A3211N01, its much more potent and rich than any of the 2010 batches..
    This is the batch of GIT I have and it's definately potent. Probably the best batch of GIT I've ever owned because of it's longevity. It's not as sweet as some of the batches I've owned and tried.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Since this is the GIT official thread, I'm gonna go ahead and say this. GIT smells NOTHING like CW!
    "Wow! Even I thought they smelled alike." - Pierre Bourdon

Just like a Hershey Bar kinda smells like fine Belgian chocolate - there are similarities, sure - but that's about it.

GIT is the best all-around fragrance ever in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    This is the batch of GIT I have and it's definately potent. Probably the best batch of GIT I've ever owned because of it's longevity. It's not as sweet as some of the batches I've owned and tried.
    Yeh this batch doesn't have that harsh opening many of the 2010 batches had. The lemon and verbena at the top are rich and potent. Ill said it before and I'll say it again, when GIT is on...it's an incredible fragrance.

I am wearing GIT right now for the first time, and I can see the Cool Water connection, but they aren't identical or or anything like that. I think GIT is quite a bit nicer than CW, but they are different enough to not compare them together. I would say there is about as much difference between CW and GIT as there is SMW and MI(similar but different). Honestly don't think I will pay the price for GIT. I am not insulting those who do buy Creed, or knocking Creed I am just saying I personally can't justify the price, but the juice is very nice.

Blog Entries

I somehow now stand amongst your ranks...I ANNIHILATED (no exageration) a 10mL sample I had, so I figured this was very much bottle worthy.

Any suggestions on spray amounts? I do 3 sprays for almost all my fragrances (which, if you look at my wardrobe, are for the most part rather strong), but this one seems a bit lighter than what I'm used to.

And may I just say that Creed puts great effort into their bottle's details? I do believe I've been converted!

For all you insane GIT fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post

Lol! Good one!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post

I loled

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    I somehow now stand amongst your ranks...I ANNIHILATED (no exageration) a 10mL sample I had, so I figured this was very much bottle worthy.

Any suggestions on spray amounts? I do 3 sprays for almost all my fragrances (which, if you look at my wardrobe, are for the most part rather strong), but this one seems a bit lighter than what I'm used to.

And may I just say that Creed puts great effort into their bottle's details? I do believe I've been converted!
    I do 2 on the sides of the neck, 1 or 2 on the chest, and one on each wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    I do 2 on the sides of the neck, 1 or 2 on the chest, and one on each wrist.
    seems excessive... sounds just about the right amount! I do the same thing

My bottle is from 2009 i think and it has some great projection

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.mcqueen View Post
    seems excessive... sounds just about the right amount! I do the same thing

My bottle is from 2009 i think and it has some great projection
    Speaking of which, is there some thread or something that tells which batches are good vs. mediocre? Mine's a tester and I'm curious to find out where it stands

Speaking of which, is there some thread or something that tells which batches are good vs. mediocre? Mine's a tester and I'm curious to find out where it stands
    I havent seen such a thread. I have also heard/read that the juice gets better with age

I'm having some regrets now about selling mine! Might have to get in on a decant next time a split comes up.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

As i posted earlier In the thread the 2011 batches are excellent and rich compared to the 2010 batches. I have two bottles, one from each year and the differences are staggering. I am putting away from 2010 bottle to see if it gets better with age. I'm skeptical because my new bottle from 2011 is great.

The problem is wherever buying online is the only choice: it´s difficult to check the batch number. Major of sites that sells it doesn´t have that kind of information, or even a Costumer Service that can answear such specific data...

For GIT, I usually do 2 to the chest, 1 to the neck and 1 to the forearm area...

Basenotes Member

What batch number is THAT?! Lol

I got a 4oz green irish tweed from FragranceNet a few weeks ago, the lot is A3211N01 - it smells beautiful but really does not last longer than 3 or 4 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by pclark View Post
    I got a 4oz green irish tweed from FragranceNet a few weeks ago, the lot is A3211N01 - it smells beautiful but really does not last longer than 3 or 4 hours.
    And so the 2011 batch miracle is gone...

Quote Originally Posted by pclark View Post
    I have the same batch, smells like the GIT i remember and I get 6-8 hours consistently...

Same 2011 batch here and its lasting on me into the next day, smells incredible. I just hope the 2011 Aventus I have on order lasts as good.

I really don't get the obsession Towards Creed.
    Creed has some interesting fragrances, some...but they are definitely not the quintessence, besides I have reasons to believe that wearing Creed in some parts of the world, brings people some Pseudo status of elegance and satisfaction.
    There are out there houses that are far more interesting, such houses do not get the hype that Creed does, it's just puzzling to me, why.....

There are houses that are more interesting than Creed to be sure. But for the beginner Creed is a great gateway from designer to niche fragrances. Green Irish Tweed for example is a staple in many a basenoters wardrobe at one time or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonoanimoes View Post
    I really don't get the obsession Towards Creed.
    Creed has some interesting fragrances, some...but they are definitely not the quintessence, besides I have reasons to believe that wearing Creed in some parts of the world, brings people some Pseudo status of elegance and satisfaction.
    There are out there houses that are far more interesting, such houses do not get the hype that Creed does, it's just puzzling to me, why.....
    I'm with you. I myself think there are some things that are best not to understand. And I'm quite happy with that.

First post for September! *Bump*

I've decided to get another bottle of GIT, from the posts the batch A3211N01 is the one I should get. The problem is the only place in this city that has GIT actually smells like a fake / CW.

Where do I get a bottle of A3211N01 or similar quality batches that ship to Australia apart from paying Creed Boutique the full price?

I got that batch from Neiman Marcus in Vegas. It's a beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    I got that batch from Neiman Marcus in Vegas. It's a beauty.
    Was it Flacon or the dark sand bottle? At $285 for a 4oz compared to FragranceNet I think it's rather expensive. Has anybody purchased from FragranceNet recently and how is the quality / batch?

Quote Originally Posted by the_cologneist View Post
    since this is the git official thread, i'm gonna go ahead and say this. Git smells nothing like cw!
    thank you!

I love git. Shame I get no more than 3 hours unless its on my clothes. Batch - A3211N01

GIT is the perfect fragrance. It's mild and rich green gets better with time and it is noticeable to 5-7 hours on me. It's the only fragrance that makes me feel like wearing it everyday. I also love Original Santal but only for night time ocasions when wearing formal clothes and all that, but GIT suit every ocasion at any time.
    Current top list:
    1. Creed - Original Santal
    2. Creed - Green Irish Tweed
    3. YSL - L'homme / Creed - Aventus
    4. Bvlgari - Pour Homme / Cartier - Declaration

Quote Originally Posted by ct4ap View Post
    GIT is the perfect fragrance. It's mild and rich green gets better with time and it is noticeable to 5-7 hours on me. It's the only fragrance that makes me feel like wearing it everyday.
    Don't know whether it's perfect, but it's a damn good one.

Quote Originally Posted by ct4ap View Post
    GIT is the perfect fragrance. It's mild and rich green gets better with time and it is noticeable to 5-7 hours on me. It's the only fragrance that makes me feel like wearing it everyday. I also love Original Santal but only for night time ocasions when wearing formal clothes and all that, but GIT suit every ocasion at any time.
    exactly.

Hello, i'm a new member but i sometimes read it since a few years when i bought my first perfume.

I decided to post because I went to buy my second bottle of GIT at the Creed boutique in Paris today.

I ask for a 2011 batch, the saleswoman asked me why?, I told her it seems newer batchs of GIT smell better.
    She was a bit surprised then i ask her to check the batch number.
    She said : "Most people think it's the manufacture date of the juice but it's not, it's the manufacture date of the flacon itself"

Kind of weird...

Anyway, i got a 4oz flacon of S3211P02 batch (cost me 122€ for those who want to know)
    First thing I can say for sure, my 2010 bottle had a harsher opening than this new one.

As for longevity, i will tell you tomorrow.

PS : sorry for my english