Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

I recently received a bottle (as a swap deal). The bottle I received seems stronger and woodier with a more "saltier" late dry down. My old bottle smells great, but seems a bit weaker. I think GIT is one of the most beautiful fragrances ever created. Masterpiece status!

Quote Originally Posted by sakki View Post
    Anyway, i got a 4oz flacon of S3211P02 batch (cost me 122 for those who want to know)
    Looks like we're being ripped off here in the UK... that seems very good value for money!

Quote Originally Posted by emes View Post
    I love git. Shame I get no more than 3 hours unless its on my clothes. Batch - A3211N01
    That's funny because I have the same batch and get well over 8 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    That's funny because I have the same batch and get well over 8 hours.
    ditto.

I have 3 different bottles of GIT and so far all of them have been complimented up to 8 hours after application.

HI, I bought online a 120 ml GIT. The bacth n. is A3211P02
    Is a good lot? Longevity?
    Thanksss
    Last edited by Francesco; 29th September 2011 at 08:29 AM. Reason: mistake

I've found that particularly to GIT that longevity is not always what I always can detect. The beauty of this fragrance as with most Creeds other people will definately detect it, even if I don't. Sometimes if you detect your own fragrance after so many hours you very well may have too much application. Fragrance to me was never announce my precence in a room, but become a part of me, which is what I think Creed does best. But again that's me.

I've noticed the same thing. I can't smell it on me at all unless I actually smell my shirt. A few days ago I was around some women at work. I left the room and did some other work, then went to pass them again and they said, "Oh, he is still down here. Come here, we have to ask you what cologne you're wearing." Then yesterday my sister smelled it on me while we were outside and I barely even had any on because my samples are getting very low.

Anyway, since I'm running so low and almost out, I want to actually buy the stuff now. Has there been any recent discussion on batches/places to get it from that are decent?

Check out baches from 2011 ( A3211) also batches from 2009 ( A3209 ) also very good. Check out Fragrancenet.com Creed Boutique, and perfumedeals.com good start excellent for purchase.

Not to my knowledge. I'd heard Creed batches because all ingridiants are natural go through a very strict quality inspection before being released. I have both batches A3209 and A3211 and they're great. Check out fragrancenet, or Creed Boutique. Both sources are great.

I can't really check out specific batches, that's why I was wondering if any retailer was known for having specific batches. Creed Boutique is out, they want $285 for it. PerfumeDeals wants $136, FragranceNet wants $175. Why is there such a huge range of prices?

Most fragrances are redistributed through a wholesale process, commonly known as Gray Market and to the best of my knowledge are then purchased and re sold at different prices to the public, based on what ever they sold it for. My personal experience with Francenet.com has been # 1. Their return policy is the best. As far as batches you won't know till you receive the goods.

Would you guys recommend buying the 2.5 oz tester from fragrancenet rather than the regular bottle? The price of the tester is more of my price range.

Go for it. Bottle comes without a Cap, and usually is in a plain brown box. all ID numbers s/b on the bottle, but if it's old stock there's no guarantee. I purchased Creeds Silver Mountain Water, and got a good one. Fragrance net is very credible for Creed Fragrances, and there return policy is the best. Good Luck.

Hey all, first post , im sure more to come. Anyways, just bought a 4oz of GIT and honestly, im not impressed at all with the longevity of it. now im not new to colognes, but this is the most ive ever spent on one. I bought it over at fragrancenet.
    lot/batch # a3210k02. anyone else seeing longevity issues? it smells great at first application, and then for the next couple hours, but then you cannot smell it at all. (ive done a few different tests , on clothes, not on clothes, etc.)

anyone have any ideas, did i get a fake one?

Quote Originally Posted by PA4455 View Post
    Most fragrances are redistributed through a wholesale process, commonly known as Gray Market and to the best of my knowledge are then purchased and re sold at different prices to the public, based on what ever they sold it for. My personal experience with Francenet.com has been # 1. Their return policy is the best. As far as batches you won't know till you receive the goods.

That's surprising, I checked www.resellerratings.com and both FragranceNet and PerfumeDeals have abysmal ratings. Makes me extremely wary to order from them.

Probably not. I thought the same thing at first with some of my Creed purchases. i've never experienced your batch # But the beauty of this fragrance is once it's dryed down just because you don't smell it, doesn't neccesarily mean it's not there. Especially with GIT. If you bought it from Fragrance net it's guaranteed. Also I heard Creeds as a rule get absolutely better with age. If you honestly smell a fragrance on yourself you just might have on too much, which is not good either. I'd probably hold on to it. unless you think it's defective.

holy ffuuuuu i just went to resellerratings, and fragrancenet has a horrible rating. what the?
    are you guys sure they dont sell fakes?

does it look legit to you guys?

http://imgur.com/zq2q7

http://imgur.com/FPBxg
    Last edited by bowhunterml; 27th November 2011 at 07:36 PM. Reason: pics added

As far as longevity and olfactory fatigue go... Green Irish Tweed is one of those scents that can seem to get closer and closer to the skin and then you wake up the next day and it's there with you still-- and almost feels as alive as an hour after application. I think in reality GIT is a projection monster, which is probably one reason it gets so many compliments universally; people have got to notice it before they can compliment you on it.

I bought my bottle 5 years ago, and it was probably from stock that was already a few years old-- and it smells as incredible as the day I got it. I don't think fragrances as a rule get better with age (though some oils are said to), but as long as one protects them from oxidization and light/heat damage, they can hold their quality very well.

I wouldn't get too hung up on this "batch number" business. Just buy a bottle and enjoy it. I've found that some of the Creeds can vary a bit in detail from batch to batch, but I don't attribute it to quality control but rather variances in some of the natural materials used. Some Creeds are far more prone to variances than others-- it's almost always the Millesimes that have batch differences-- the EDTs seem to be more consistent. If you're wary of being ripped off, then just pay retail and sleep well at night. I've had very good luck buying grey market Creeds from reputable online retailers (avoiding ebay for Creeds). As long as you stick with sellers like Beauty Encounter, Scentiments, Fragrancenet and the like, you'll be fine.

Well Said.

I just bought 3 120ml Creed's from Fragrancenet and they are all perfect. No problems whatsoever. I bought Himalaya, Original Santal, and Original Vetiver. All three had intact codes on both bottles and boxes. My Himalaya and OS are from 2010 batches and the OV was from 2009. (also, the OV box was shrink wrapped somewhere along the way). But I've worn them all and they are legit and fresh. I'd definitely recommend them for Creeds.

ive noticed my box actually looks different than others i have been seeing...is that a sign of a fake, or have their boxes changed?

my box looks like this http://imgur.com/zq2q7

My bottle of Vetiver, and 1 oz bottle of Original Santal like yours both don't have the gold frame on the box. Does your bottle have a lot number?

My bottle of Vetiver, and 1 oz bottle of Original Santal like yours both don't have the gold frame on the box. Does your bottle have a lot number?
    a3210k02
    yes it does have a lot number.

it's real. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by bowhunterml View Post
    ive noticed my box actually looks different than others i have been seeing...is that a sign of a fake, or have their boxes changed?

my box looks like this http://imgur.com/zq2q7
    INDY COVER YA HEART! IT'S A FAKE!!

j/k, it's probably real. The boxes look different depending on the year. My Silver Mountain Water box is missing some of the silver around the edges of the logo and the Creed crest is white instead of silver.

Where did you buy your GIT?
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Those reviews on Resellerrating still don't sit well with me.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA08P01S4970

I did find it on Newegg of all places, sold by FragranceGo, but I've never heard of them. I use Newegg constantly though, and according to FragranceGo, there is a 30 day money back guarantee. Price is good too.

FragranceGo's Amazon reviews are also good: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie...P2IPS&isPopup=
    Last edited by berfles; 28th November 2011 at 06:57 AM.

Has anyone heard of or used FragranceGo before?

No I never did. Tried to check them out and their web site said they're doing some repair. How did you hear about them?

Their site has been saying that for awhile, that's what makes me nervous. I saw them on Newegg and Amazon though (links in my last post).

Stay away. They might conveniently not be around just when you need them.

Well I suppose I'm going to be waiting a long time to get any GIT, because I refuse to use sites that have a .5/10 rating on Resellerratings.com. Unless I want to spend $285, which I don't either.

You'll need to trust your judgement on this. Even the Creed Boutique I know has gotten returns based on possible quality questions. If you're suspicious, go with a company that will back their products such as Fragrancenet.com . FYI Fragrancenet is a publicly traded company on the stock exchange. They would be totaly obliterated and wiped off the planet if they screwed around with what be considedered not the best interest for their company. This past summer I had a problem with a 4 oz bottle of Creed original Vetiver , they mailed me a return tag, and they credited my account. No questions asked. What do you have to lose. You're losing more than you're winning. When you win you're saving 50%. Case closed. Good luck.

Good point, maybe I just needed to hear exactly how they took care of said issues. I don't understand how so many bad reviews are out there for them if you've had that kind of experience.

I just saw Walgreens is doing a 20% code right now, which means I could get GIT for $107... should I jump on that?

A3210K01

That's the batch I just got from Walgreens. Reading here makes me kind of worried it's not going to be great, but since I've only been using sample vials from eBay maybe it'll be OK.

$107.00. I know some people have had good luck with Walgreens. I'd say go for it.

Well, I sprayed the first half spray on my shirt and a full spray on my neck just to get it "primed". I went and worked out and could still easily smell it on myself after sweating and having it on for 2-3 hours, so that's a good sign I guess. If most people are putting 2-3 full sprays on I should get a decent life out of it.

It does smell different than all the samples I've been using, but once it's on for awhile it gets closer. Not a bad smell, just more "flowery" than I'm used to. I'll see how it goes, but it still definitely smells good.

Enjoy. Welcome to the club.

Thanks.

Still kind of curious about my batch... if this is a "bad" one I wonder what a "good" one smells like.

*shrugs*

Wore GIT today as my SOTD and it makes me wonder why I don't wear it more often. I sprayed 5 sprays on at 6pm (1 chest, 2 neck, and 2 wrist) and at 1 am I can still clearly smell it on my wrist. It's already hit the 7 hour mark so maybe I'll get 8+ today! The drydown is beautiful btw.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Just wondering if anyone has got this batch A3210E01 of green Irish tweed? Any thoughts on it? I've just got some and assumed I would be sent the 11 batch number.

seems pretty week, could be wrong

I got 2 units 2.5oz from this batch and 1 4oz from A3211. Must say that both are beautiful, but this year batch (the later) is substancially more powerfull. It lasts about 2x. Monster sillage in the 2-3 first hours and calms down before that for more 4-5 hours, but never becoming a skin scent. Only the tail becomes shorter. It only became a skin scent after more than 8-10 hours. I was stunished with that cause my batch from last year is gone after 3-4 hours (becoming a skin scent after the first couple of hours).

FTW: It costed me 102,00 bucks shipped to Brasil on a promo!

I have batch # A3211N01 just purchased. I noticed it doesn't have quite the longevity yet that I have from an older bottle. Does anybody think this will get better with age? My other bottle is 2 years old and it's incredible. Lasts all day. This new bottle is not bad in comparison but not great like my last bottle. What do you think?

I have batch # A3211N01 just purchased. I noticed it doesn't have quite the longevity yet that I have from an older bottle. Does anybody think this will get better with age? My other bottle is 2 years old and it's incredible. Lasts all day. This new bottle is not bad in comparison but not great like my last bottle. What do you think?
    People say that Creed fragrances do get better with age. That may likely be the case.

I can smell mine all day on my shirt and occasionally depending on how I move my arms... I got home at 9PM tonight and I could still smell it a bit.

That said, it's still definitely different than the sample vials I've had. Smelling the nozzle it almost smells sweeter, but my nose is garbage right now and I can't pick apart the scents yet. I had someone else at work say they liked it again though so it must still smell good.

What lot # did you get. My most recent bottle I got is A3211N01. So far good but not great yet. As I said earlier my original bottle is lot # A3209x03. 3 years old and this bottle is absolutely amazing. 11 hours +. Can't wait to see how my new bottle blossoms. Creeds I hear blossom with age.

I got A3210K01.

sounds like a good lot. If I apply my newer bottle at 8:00 am I can still detect it at 3:00 PM but after that it starts to fade a bit, although it's still there. My 3 year old bottle is still kicking at 6:00 PM, and beyond. This bottle belongs in the Green Irish Tweed Hall of Fame.

Walgreens during this holiday time was offering 4oz with a 20% coupon for 107.00 + tax. Received it this past week and couldn't believe it was a batch from this year lot # A3211P01. All serial numbers and markings on the box are 100%. and it smells great. Also it appeared that it was drop shipped from Hauppauge New York. Wonder what that means? Creed must have over produced this fragrance for the holidays. Has anyone else had a good experience with this store for Creed?

Walgreens during this holiday time was offering 4oz with a 20% coupon for 107.00 + tax. Received it this past week and couldn't believe it was a batch from this year lot # A3211P01. All serial numbers and markings on the box are 100%. and it smells great. Also it appeared that it was drop shipped from Hauppauge New York. Wonder what that means? Creed must have over produced this fragrance for the holidays. Has anyone else had a good experience with this store for Creed?
    From what I understand Walgreen's partners with Fragrancenet (and possibly other discounters); at least the items I have ordered from Walgreen's end up shipping from the same city as my orders from Fragrancenet. Basically you are buying from Fragrancenet (or another company) through the Walgreen's portal, which is strange because it ends up being significantly cheaper than going straight to the FN website.

The first GIT I got from Walgreen's was garbage (2010 batch), but they do in store returns so I got my money back and placed a new order. Got it a few days ago, and it's a 2011 release and much, much better. I actually like ordering from Walgreen's for fragrances because you can get some great deals (picked up a 100ml Burberry London for $27 last week) and can return in store, which avoids the hassle of mailing them back.

This is got to be by far I think one of the best kept secrets, because no one really discusses this site, which i'm surprised. I'm sure some people are scepticle, and would rather pay retail @ $285.00, but why would they? . I have Creeds in my collection I've paid more for but now I'm beginning to see how the distribution process works. Someone is making a lot of money for sure. looking forward to see what else they carry in the future.

Hadn't yet posted in the Official GIT thread. Count me in. Bought mine from Parfum1 couple years ago, but when it runs out might try the retailers mentioned here.

Just pulled this one out today from a few months of inactivity. Is it me or does this stuff smell really mossy and musky when you bury your nose into your skin for a smell right after you spray it? My bottle seems to work best when the air catches it and brings the scent to you rather than sniffing it close on the skin. Anyone else pick up on this, or does my bottle just suck now lol

I think what you're catching is the essence of all the ingrediants that make up this wonderful fragrance. I get the same blast from my bottle in the beginning. Especially from one particular bottle I have from 09. Best bet is to wait a few moments after spraying GIT and wait for the dry down. I don't think you got a bad bottle, in fact I think your bottle may be getting better. Only you would be able to know if the projection is better than the last time you used it. btw what is the lot #? Creed fragrances as long as they're stored properly you should get at least 8 years.

I think what you're catching is the essence of all the ingrediants that make up this wonderful fragrance. I get the same blast from my bottle in the beginning. Especially from one particular bottle I have from 09. Best bet is to wait a few moments after spraying GIT and wait for the dry down. I don't think you got a bad bottle, in fact I think your bottle may be getting better. Only you would be able to know if the projection is better than the last time you used it. btw what is the lot #? Creed fragrances as long as they're stored properly you should get at least 8 years.
    Yeah, I enjoy GIT a lot. Not my favorite simply because the longevity isn't that great for me on my skin. But as it dries down its a very nice scent. The lot number I have is A3209X02...never looked into how good of a batch that is so I don't know much about it.

My GIT smells like green Irish hillside on a wet rainy day. It's quite nice.

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

The lot # on my GIT is A3209X03. Almost same lot number as yours. Strong blast at first. Dry down is simply the best. Even if you believe the longevity is not there, I'd bet after even after four hours someone will detect this on you, even if you don't detect it. I've gotton compliments after 7 hours.

How many sprays does everyone typically do? I myself do 4 (2 sprays on wrist, 1 on neck and 1 on chest). Anyone spray on their clothes? I ask because I have a fresh 2011 batch and longevity isn't up to par with my samples. To my nose I get around 4 hours, while with my samples I get a good 8 hours.

One on each side of the neck, one on each wrist, one behind the back of the neck, one to the chest. done. For me never on clothes. longevity I would give it a couple of months, more than likely first sprays from a new bottle, especially when it's new will give that first impression of not being 100%. Keep working with that same bottle. I have 2 bottles lot # A3211N01 and a new bottle lot # A3211P01 that was given to me for the holidays, and I assure you that with time the longevity along with the fragrance itself will get better with time. The wonderful thing about Green Irish Tweed is that is the journey. Enjoy.