Code of Conduct
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

Hi, i received my GIT from fragrance.net and the number is A3210E01. I didn't liked it and it, way more flowery than my samples i have.

And something really bizzare is that the writting inside the box on the little paper was in arabian or something like that. There was a stamp under the bottle in Arabian too.

But the rest seems all ok. So i returned it and asked for an exhange. Will post how it ended when i will receive my new bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Franksonic View Post
    Hi, i received my GIT from fragrance.net and the number is A3210E01. I didn't liked it and it, way more flowery than my samples i have.

And something really bizzare is that the writting inside the box on the little paper was in arabian or something like that. There was a stamp under the bottle in Arabian too.
    But the rest seems all ok. So i returned it and asked for an exhange. Will post how it ended when i will receive my new bottle.
    In all honesty, 2010 was the worst year for GIT. The batches smelled flat and had zero sillage. As far as the Arabian writing, it's the real thing....just a Grey Market version of GIT. Does it also say "Toilet Water" PGS on the back? Try to get a 2011 batch...they smell great and the Violet Notes are very strong....

Thanks for the head's up checker! That's what i tought too about it to be very weak. It was also marked Toilet Water on the back. I really hope my new bottle will be either 2009 or 2011. I will post my findings as soon as i got news.

Post Thanks / Like

I now know there are only three Creed Boutiques in the world. Paris, New York, and Dubai ( Arabian ) I felt the same way you did when I received a recent purchased bottle of Creed Tabarome which just happened to be Arabian stock, until I did a little research. I have found that some of the Arabian Creed Fragrances are the best personally I've ever come accross. The middle east in places like Dubai, the people who can afford Creed take their fragrances very seriously, and have the money to spend. Original Vetiver I own lasts approximately 8 hours on me. All this talk about Sillage especially 2010 may be true, but don't give up on your quest for the perfect GIT, and don't give it a second thought if you receive a bottle from the middle east. Everything sold around the world should have all the markings both on box and bottle.

Thanks for the head's up checker! That's what i tought too about it to be very weak. It was also marked Toilet Water on the back. I really hope my new bottle will be either 2009 or 2011. I will post my findings as soon as i got news.
    No problem at all buddy! I hope your satisfied and get a 2011 batch. I have A42B11N01 from the Grey Market and it's powerful and fresh. I get noticed a lot when I wear it..women do love it. It's looking like 2011 is shaping up to be a good year for GIT! Let me know how you make out.

Best wishes,

Nick

Today (1/06/12) is the first time that this has been my SOTD this year!!! And it is fantastic!!!
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I didn't know that Fragrancenet will offer you on an exchange if you are unsatisfied with the batch. That makes me feel a lot more comfortable ordering a 100ml for like $140.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got a 4oz tester bottle from Scentiments through Amazon.

Batch # A3210K02

Previous GIT was from sample vials and I loved the smell. Strong fresh smell right from the start. Just tested this bottle out. Seems a little musky/manly right off the start. Not sure if I like this as much as my previous sample.

Anyone have any info on this batch? Year? Good batch?

I think I can return it if I choose, but am kinda torn on this one.

Thanks guys!

Unfortunatly for me, fragrance.net can't offer me an exchange because i'm outside U.S. Still, they refund me the entire bottle. I also include a receip of the price it cost me ( 18$) to ship it back to them and they refund it too!! Great service from them.

I ordered a new bottle a few days ago and gonna see how it ends up. Gonna post back my experience.

Hi micah323, you batch is a 2010 batch. I got the same year and returned mine for the same reasons you stated.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Franksonic.

I actually tried out the cologne again just a little bit ago. Shook the bottle, and it seemed to smell a little better...more like the scent I am used to.

I emailed scentiments and asked about exchanging for a newer batch. If it isnt too much of a hassle I will go ahead and do that. If I cant I have to decide if I should stick with this bottle, or get a refund and order from another source.

I have a little bit of GIT left in a tester bottle. Tomorrow I will put that on one wrist and the new stuff on the other. Head to work and see if others smell a difference in the two scents

Quote Originally Posted by micah323 View Post

Batch # A3210K02

Previous GIT was from sample vials and I loved the smell. Strong fresh smell right from the start. Just tested this bottle out. Seems a little musky/manly right off the start. Not sure if I like this as much as my previous sample.

Thanks guys!

I wrote a post above about the 2010 batches. For some reason, most did not smell right....they were weak in sillage and very musky. I have a batch from 2011 A42B11N01 and it's much more potent and smells fresh. In fact I wore it out Saturday night to a Bar, and my friend Alicia said I smelled really good about 4 hours after I put it on. It seems like they are back on the right back for GIT, because let's face it...a good batch is masterpiece material...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I wrote a post above about the 2010 batches. For some reason, most did not smell right....they were weak in sillage and very musky. I have a batch from 2011 A42B11N01 and it's much more potent and smells fresh. In fact I wore it out Saturday night to a Bar, and my friend Alicia said I smelled really good about 4 hours after I put it on. It seems like they are back on the right back for GIT, because let's face it...a good batch is masterpiece material...
    I hope so 2010 was a huge bust. My 2011 batch is a lot more potent.

Quote Originally Posted by micah323 View Post

Batch # A3210K02

Thanks guys!
    I had a similar batch (mine was A3210K01, though) and it was utterly awful. Flat, dank, and off-putting. I promptly returned it and received a 2011 batch, which is vastly better. I know some people adhere to the "Creed aging" theory, but for what you pay for a Creed one shouldn't have to wait and hope it magically improves. If they are willing to exchange it, I would definitely send that one back.

Sorry if it has been covered, but does Beauty Encounter have the good 2011 batch? Price is pretty good at $148 shipped for a 4oz.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry guys I need a little help here. Today I walked passed a counter with Creeds all over the place so I was thinking to myself since I've tried Aventus awhile back, why not try the popular GIT as well. It took me like a minute looking at the bottles over and over again before I asked the SA if they had GIT. She took this transparent looking bottle (I would think it is http://www.essentialmall.com.au/Prod...0Irish%20Tweed) and I have to say it smells good! I didnt want to sound weird so I guess its better to ask you guys. I've seen someone here on BN trying to get a tester bottle and it looks the same. I was wondering if it looks like that because it was a tester and if I get a new bottle, would it be the black one which I see everywhere on pictures?

Oh yes, since I am on it with a question, may I also ask if there is a way to look for 2011 bottles? I assume it starts with A42B?

Thanks in advance!
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Post Thanks / Like

The 120ml GIT is a matt-black bottle whilst the 75ml is the transparent bottle with green labelling.

Quote Originally Posted by teemas View Post
    Oh yes, since I am on it with a question, may I also ask if there is a way to look for 2011 bottles? I assume it starts with A42B?

Thanks in advance!
    You want to look at the 5th and 6th character so for example:

A42B11xxxx will be a 2011 release
    A42B08xxxx will be a 2008 release
    Last edited by Kron; 11th January 2012 at 05:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Will have to try this the next time I'm in Harrods just to see how close it is to the mighty Cool Water.

Post Thanks / Like

I have three bottles from 2010 and like all of them. No issues for me. Maybe my nose isn't as refined as some.

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tyler-durden View Post
    The 120ml GIT is a matt-black bottle whilst the 75ml is the transparent bottle with green labelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kron View Post
    You want to look at the 5th and 6th character so for example:

A42B11xxxx will be a 2011 release
    A41B08xxxx will be a 2008 release
    Thanks guys! Now I know how to look at the date and finally figured why the GIT looked different haha. Thanks again
    Current Top 5:
    1. Frederic Malle L'eau d'Hiver
    2. Tom Ford Noir de Noir
    3. Dior Homme / Dior Homme Intense
    4. Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Havane / Pure Malt
    5. Creed Aventus / Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi - Just received my first Green Irish Tweed. I blind bought it from Walgreens.com and believe I got a good deal. They currently have a 20% off coupon code, so the cost shipped was $111 for the 4 oz. bottle. The Batch number on the bottle is s3211p02 - hopefully that's a good one! Anyway, I can't wait to try it this weekend. I'll be sure to report back.

Post Thanks / Like

They still have that code? What was it again?

Post Thanks / Like

I got the same 20% off Walgreens deal before Christmas, it was too good to pass up, I noticed the regular price went up to $190 a few weeks ago, but is back down to $130, not sure what is going on over there. I was iffy about GIT but have not regretted buying it. It's pretty much a good everyday scent and feels much better quality than CW, which it does resemble a lot. I got the same batch, it has a very nice lemony top note, and does not seem to be too heavy on the violet. I think most folks like the 2011 batch better than 2010. I saw another post that someone got the same batch as us from the Paris Creed Boutique, so it's current. I does not seem to last very long, but someone complimented me the other day on it, hours after I had put it on and when it was hardly noticeable to me, and I had just walked up to her desk, and was several feet away, so I think it's stronger than I realize. I think I need to be careful with this.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Puig - glad to hear you're liking it. I actually couldn't wait till I got home to try it. After my lunchtime workout and shower, I sprayed some on my arm before putting my shirt back on as I have never smelled GIT before. I'm really enjoying it - it's different than anything else I own.

Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Jim View Post
    Hi - Just received my first Green Irish Tweed. I blind bought it from Walgreens.com and believe I got a good deal. They currently have a 20% off coupon code, so the cost shipped was $111 for the 4 oz. bottle. The Batch number on the bottle is s3211p02 - hopefully that's a good one! Anyway, I can't wait to try it this weekend. I'll be sure to report back.
    This is the same batch I have, and it is of high quality.

Post Thanks / Like

I received mine just before the holiday lot # A3211P01 from Wallgreens. Longevity is the best. Six hours plus.

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't wait any longer I had to order it . $ 111 is a complete steal! Hopefully this is going to be a good batch?

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know the walgreens coupone code? Also, is there return policy on fragrances similar to other online sellers.... i.e. return if you dont think it is a good batch?

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The coupon code is 20BEAUTY and today is the last day. From other posts here, they say you can make free returns at any Walgreens store.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much !!! I thought I was done with GIT after receiving a bad bottle from SCentiments (2010) and sending it back.

With this price combined with people receiving 2011 batches, I am back on the GIT train.

Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping they also had that deal on other Creeds. (I need a new bottle of VIW). But they want $195 for it. No dice, I can find better deals on it. Anyway, it is a heck of a deal on GIT.

Post Thanks / Like

Apologies for being a stick in the mud here, but I just received my second decant (after waiting a number of months) and just don't get all the fuss. It's obviously a very nice fragrance.... among an industry full of many many very nice fragrances. Perhaps I'm anosmic to whatever aroma chemical or natural ingredient is in this stuff that makes so many people speak in sublime terms (and to be honest I really wanted a good excuse to buy a bottle... my wallet's definitely feeling itchy). But considering all the issues (longevity, batch variation, aging??, etc.) and the overall "simply pleasant" effect I seem to get... the hunt continues.
    Last edited by midniteoil; 14th January 2012 at 06:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by midniteoil View Post
    Apologies for being a stick in the mud here, but I just received my second decant (after waiting a number of months) and just don't get all the fuss. It's obviously a very nice fragrance.... among an industry full of many many very nice fragrances. Perhaps I'm anosmic to whatever aroma chemical or natural ingredient is in this stuff that makes so many people speak in sublime terms (and to be honest I really wanted a good excuse to buy a bottle... my wallet's definitely feeling itchy). But considering all the issues (longevity, batch variation, aging??, etc.) and the overall "simply pleasant" effect I seem to get... the hunt continues.
    Don't worry, you're not the only one. I do find GIT pleasant, but there are other variations on that same theme that I prefer (namely Bond's Chez Bond). And as far as Creeds, everyone heaps praise on GIT, MI, & SMW, but I personally prefer Virgin Island Water, Original Santal, Aventus, & Himalaya as my favorites from Creed.

Post Thanks / Like

So I have recently discovered Creed and sampled GIT, MI, and Aventus. In my opinion they are all great smelling , but weak fragrances. It's like they immediately stay close to the skin. Is this normal? It seems the same on the cards I spray so I don't think it's a skin thing. Can't quite justify the cost with so little projection or longevity.

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

mikesc- I just got a bottle of Aventus and I dont think it is weak at all. Seems to last for a long time and project well. In fact, I havent worked up to three sprays yet cause I need to make sure it isnt too strong for that.

Brian- Chez bond was definitely on my list. However it would be a blind buy, plus the cheapest I could find it was still 30-$40 more than this offer on GIT. Seemed like a no brainer

The latest bottle of GIT I have is an '11 batch. My previous bottle was a tester from '08. I still love the '11 batch but there's something slightly different the '08 batch that makes it so much smoother of a scent. Anyone else notice any differences like this? You can still tell that both are clearly GIT, but closer analysis shows quite a difference.

Finally ordered my Green Irish Tweed. I've been wanting it for so long and the price at Walgreens is hard to pass up. $118 shipped and it should be here Monday.

Hope I get a 2011 batch. =D

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by killerloop View Post
    The latest bottle of GIT I have is an '11 batch. My previous bottle was a tester from '08. I still love the '11 batch but there's something slightly different the '08 batch that makes it so much smoother of a scent. Anyone else notice any differences like this? You can still tell that both are clearly GIT, but closer analysis shows quite a difference.

I noticed that exact same thing comparing my '11 batch to my '01 batch. When I first got my '11 bottle, I thought "okay, this is a lot smoother and has a more 'sheer' feeling than the older one."

Eleven months later, the '11 juice has gotten stronger, bolder, and much more articulate with its notes. It's virtually identical to the '01 bottle now. I recall Erwin Creed recently telling public event attendees that "Creeds age in the bottle." I can attest to this, at least as far as Green Irish Tweed is concerned.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations to you guys that ordered the GIT from Walgreens at $111. I had no idea that there was a discount code and paid full boat. Regardless, I'd rather pay too much for something that I really like then get a deal on something that I don't. Hopefully, they are sending me a batch that is terrific. Today I learned that perfume, like wine, can vary from production runs, glad I enlisted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeightseven View Post
    Finally ordered my Green Irish Tweed. I've been wanting it for so long and the price at Walgreens is hard to pass up. $118 shipped and it should be here Monday.

Hope I get a 2011 batch. =D
    I received a bottle from Walgreens and it was a 2010 batch. It was very weak with little silage. I had to return it and received a 2011 batch which was much stronger and longer lasting. I hope you get a 2011 batch.

Quote Originally Posted by luvinfragsguy View Post
    I received a bottle from Walgreens and it was a 2010 batch. It was very weak with little silage. I had to return it and received a 2011 batch which was much stronger and longer lasting. I hope you get a 2011 batch.
    thanks yea i hope so too. Good thing I have a Walgreens literally a few blocks away so return will be easy.

Post Thanks / Like

My bottle is A3211P03 from Walgreens and it is fantastic!

Post Thanks / Like

My '11 batch has actually aged, and improved quite a bit. It was good when I originally got it, but had just a hint of an aquatic note that my previous 08 and 09 batches didn't have. I used up the rest of my old decant, and came back to the '11 juice, and it's actually better than the others!

I thought folks were idiots when they said Creeds aged like wine. But it appears there is something to that theory.

Well, i received my tester bottle from Fragrance.net. I tought if i bought a tester maybe it's gonna be either 2009 or 2011 but i receive a 2010 bottle. Still disapointed and i will return this one too. It's the second time. I'm no more ordering GIT for this year, maybe decant, cause i don't want to lose more time ordering and sending back.

If someone have a good source discounted that ship to Canada with 2011 batch, i would order one.

Post Thanks / Like

order off of a reputable seller on ebay, and check the lot number before hand. Easy!

Post Thanks / Like

I found that my GIT 2009 batch is incrdible, which I purchased last year. After much press on batches from 2011 I decided to give a new purchase a go, and btw I agree with you, 2011 is simply the best, much better than 2010. and although my new purchase quite is exquisite right now my 2009 batch is unparreled. I'm getting up to 10-11 hours. Amazing.

Just got A4211P03, it smells amazing. It fresh and lasts over 8 hours on my skin. This year of GIT blows away the 2010 batches which I strongly advise people to stay away from...

Post Thanks / Like

The one I have is a3211P01 and I agree 2011 so far from what I've tested is great, and probably will get even better with age. In the Creed boutique recent monthly newsletter they talk about storing and shelf life. Shelf life being 6years+, and Desribes their fragrances to be like fine wine which I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by PA4455 View Post
    The one I have is a3211P01 and I agree 2011 so far from what I've tested is great, and probably will get even better with age. In the Creed boutique recent monthly newsletter they talk about storing and shelf life. Shelf life being 6years+, and Desribes their fragrances to be like fine wine which I agree.
    thats a great batch as well, glad you enjoyed it. However I disagree with creeds claim that their fragrances get better with age. As we can see the 2011 bottles of GIT already smell amazing. Why is that when the 2010 batches smelled horrible?

Post Thanks / Like

There is a thread I read that even Creed admits that as a result of their natural ingredients it is highly unlikely that every batch year to year will be exactly identical, because of yearly harvest sometimes being better some years than others. But it's all personal. I'll bet for every person that says 2010 was an off year, their will be someone that will totally love 2010. I think you and I agree on 2011, but again it's all very personal.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a couple of carded vials 3 or 4 years ago and was completely underwhelmed. At the time I still had some Cool Water and honestly I thought that GIT was only slightly better and definitely not worth the price.

Fast forward to 2012 and after reading about the batch variations and considering the incredible love this fragrance gets here I gave it another try.

I bought a bottle from Walgreens, number a3211U01. It is fantastic! This is so good I don't see how it's possible for it to improve with age.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you, and probably not possible. I think that I was referring to time improving its longevity, and projection. On my 2009 bottle that's what I noticed definately improved and got better with time.

Quote Originally Posted by MOONB View Post
    I noticed that exact same thing comparing my '11 batch to my '01 batch. When I first got my '11 bottle, I thought "okay, this is a lot smoother and has a more 'sheer' feeling than the older one."

Eleven months later, the '11 juice has gotten stronger, bolder, and much more articulate with its notes. It's virtually identical to the '01 bottle now. I recall Erwin Creed recently telling public event attendees that "Creeds age in the bottle." I can attest to this, at least as far as Green Irish Tweed is concerned.
    I apparently have a 2001 batch tester (According to the batch numbers). Although, I bought it in 2011 from fragrancex. I find it hard to believe this bottle has been sitting around for 11 years. It smells pretty fantastic. Very smooth and powerful. From what I can tell, the opening spray is a bit less fresh and sharp compared to the 2011 I vaguely remember testing. But this 01 tester, after a few seconds, has a very smooth sweet "purple" smell that I love about GIT and stays with me for many hours. Very good. But I'm still curious how the 2011 batches match up to this. I'll have to get me a decant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    I apparently have a 2001 batch tester (According to the batch numbers). Although, I bought it in 2011 from fragrancex. I find it hard to believe this bottle has been sitting around for 11 years. It smells pretty fantastic. Very smooth and powerful. From what I can tell, the opening spray is a bit less fresh and sharp compared to the 2011 I vaguely remember testing. But this 01 tester, after a few seconds, has a very smooth sweet "purple" smell that I love about GIT and stays with me for many hours. Very good. But I'm still curious how the 2011 batches match up to this. I'll have to get me a decant.
    I have a 2011 batch that opens up with a fresh, sharp "green" scent along with a blast of violet leaf. Longevity around 4-5 hours. My sample that I have opens up much more smoother and I easily get 8 hours. I'm pretty sure it's from a 07-08 batch. Your 2001 batch is gold!

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

Got my 4 oz from fragrancex the other day. Applied two sprays to my neck and one to each wrist. My girlfriend could clearly smell it eight hours later, and loved the smell. Extremely happy so far. Got ċ male compliment on it today as well. GIT just works whenever, and is a great classic, something I'll probably always have in my collection.

so if you order today what is the chance you get a 2010 bottle?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

From everything I've read, the 2001 batch was a good one. 2011, also good.

2010, not as much. Never tried that year, though. Will possibly buy another GIT in a few weeks. If I do, I'll be curious to see which year I get.

Post Thanks / Like

So now i need to keep an eye out for 2011 batches at stores

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious what is the batch # on your 2001 bottle? Like you I found it hard to believe they have stock on an 11 year Green Irish Tweed.