Code of Conduct
Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 2403
o

Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

It's generally accepted that Pierre Bourdon is the nose behind GIT right?

Quote Originally Posted by diocles View Post
    I mean, I had really strong doubts due to the price, i paid it less than 160 euros, but everything looks fine
    That's a decent gray market price for it. Your bottle looks more than legit. Review the batch here when you get a feel for it .

Quote Originally Posted by hellbentforleather View Post
    That's a decent gray market price for it. Your bottle looks more than legit. Review the batch here when you get a feel for it .
    Not sure about how to do it as I'm kind of a newbie (currently possess only 5 perfumes: Floris Santal, Chanel Allure Homme Sport, Dior Homme, Armani Code and now GIT), I'll surely use this forum to refine my scent and find new perfumes I like (i prefer woody ones) so maybe in a couple of months

Blog Entries

I hope this doesn't turn into a "Is my GIT fake?" thread.
    @diocles, just look at videos on Youtube of comparisons between real and fake - if you're not convinced and need visual satisfaction. For the record, your bottle is 100% real, so let it go.

I really am puzzled as to if the frag needs to settle for a couple years, or if I should just go ahead and sell or swap it, and get another. I've read mixed responses.
    "I am not trendy" -Thierry Mugler

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by diocles View Post
    i paid it less than 160 euros, but everything looks fine
    Consider yourself fortunate.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I tried Green Irish Tweed once again on a paper strip.

Wow, this is so much different from Cool Water. I get the sense of a dark forest with this one. Maybe it's the name and bottle biasing me, but I had to really try to finally get the resemblance to Cool Water.
    GIT smells very masculine and mature in my opinion.
    Cool Water reminds me of high school, and always smelled so much more chemical.

I can now see why this one is so well regarded. I'm going to have to try it on my skin and wear it all day to see the magic.

YES. Thank you. I hate the Cool Water comparisons.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

When I first tried it a year or two ago it smelled very similar to Cool Water, like just a higher quality version of it. Very strong with the dihydromyrcenol. And to me, Cool Water is more of a 90s scent so I wasn't trying to go for that.

But GIT yesterday...it was just very interesting. It smelled like pure class and quality. Like I said, I have to try it on my skin to get a final verdict. But even the bottle looks classy. Unfortunately I can't afford it at this point in time, but it's really something to look forward to.

Basenotes Junkie

I tried Cool Water a few times and never found anything remotely similar to GIT. Cool Water is just a horrible chemical mess, while GIT is.. well, you know it

Basenotes Junkie

Wore GIT today - 16L01. It's just so damn good.

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    YES. Thank you. I hate the Cool Water comparisons.
    They're at different level - there's definitely contrast in the quality of the scent.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Bel Ami by Hermès

I received my first Creed/GIT this week (from fragnet). I was a little worried about getting a fake, but everything looks legit. I'd read about the strength of the sprayers, but I was still shocked at how powerful they are. There are no stores near me which sell Creed, so my only point of comparison were some sample vials I've had for a few years (assuming they were legit). At a local flea market there was someone selling a bottle of GIT and also a bottle of SMW (no boxes). The bottle of GIT (with its cracked cap) was filled with something that smelled like Aventus (talk about a batch variation!).

Anyway, my batch is 19P01. My meager evaluation is tainted by the fact that I've had bronchitis all week. The longevity and projection are top notch. I've been afraid to apply more than 1 full spray because the sprayer, again, is so powerful. In the couple times I've applied it, I can smell it on my skin even after 8-10 hours. As someone else had commented earlier in this thread, it had more of a gourmand vibe than I would expect. I wasn't expecting for the sweetness to stand out as much as it does.

So that's about it. Just thought I'd offer my input on my batch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigserver1 View Post
    Wore GIT today - 16L01. It's just so damn good.
    It's a winner for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by UnclePecos View Post
    I received my first Creed/GIT this week (from fragnet). I was a little worried about getting a fake, but everything looks legit. I'd read about the strength of the sprayers, but I was still shocked at how powerful they are. There are no stores near me which sell Creed, so my only point of comparison were some sample vials I've had for a few years (assuming they were legit). At a local flea market there was someone selling a bottle of GIT and also a bottle of SMW (no boxes). The bottle of GIT (with its cracked cap) was filled with something that smelled like Aventus (talk about a batch variation!).

Anyway, my batch is 19P01. My meager evaluation is tainted by the fact that I've had bronchitis all week. The longevity and projection are top notch. I've been afraid to apply more than 1 full spray because the sprayer, again, is so powerful. In the couple times I've applied it, I can smell it on my skin even after 8-10 hours. As someone else had commented earlier in this thread, it had more of a gourmand vibe than I would expect. I wasn't expecting for the sweetness to stand out as much as it does.

Ah that's awesome! Good to know newer batches are performing well...

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Tic Tac Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.
    Blog Entries

The longevity and projection are top notch.
    Sometimes I forget how good the performance on Green Irish Tweed is.

I wore 2 and a half sprays yesterday and could still smell it when I woke up this morning. The base of GIT is particularly good.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Nio
    Endymion
    Royal Oud
    Petit Matin
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Green Irish Tweed
    Aqua Universalis
    Reflection Man
    Tabac Rouge
    Prada L'Homme
    Les Exclusifs Eau de Cologne
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Interlude Man
    Pomelo Paradis
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Sometimes I forget how good the performance on Green Irish Tweed is.

I wore 2 and a half sprays yesterday and could still smell it when I woke up this morning. The base of GIT is particularly good.
    I'm loving my GIT today. A very tenacious violet in this.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Discover a searchable archive of my reviews and more at The Scented Devil

I too would say that 17-19 year batches are more sweet than the earlier batches. Its a nice addition to GIT. Not noticeable unless you really look for it however, just a little easter egg

Any current feedback on 2010 batches of GIT? Digging into the thread, it seems 2010 was a bad year. Any current takes? Thank you

Any current feedback on 2010 batches of GIT? Digging into the thread, it seems 2010 was a bad year. Any current takes? Thank you
    At the time I didn't consider it too bad overall. It is certainly much better than what has been available in the last several years.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    At the time I didn't consider it too bad overall. It is certainly much better than what has been available in the last several years.
    Do you remember your impressions? Someone in another thread mentioned a green pepper note in their 2010 bottle. I'm on a pre-IFRA kick and found a seller willing to part with his bottle for relatively cheap. Still, I already own a 120ml of 16L01 that I love. Curiosity is killing me though haha.

Just an FYI: I received a 2010 bottle of GIT and it's really bad. The reviews from 9-10 years ago on this thread seem to still hold true. 2010 was a total dud for GIT. It smells like dirt and iris with maybe a hint of ambergris. The dry down offered nothing more either. Now there's a legitimate possibility that the bottle has turned owing to its age. It's hard to say. This was very much a legit bottle from a legit seller though. I assumed the top would have faded as is common with older frags but this was off in its entirety while still retaining a genuine hint of GIT. At the very least, it confirms the reviews from years past on here where many were lining up to return their 2010 bottles.

Basenotes Plus

Just an FYI: I received a 2010 bottle of GIT and it's really bad. The reviews from 9-10 years ago on this thread seem to still hold true. 2010 was a total dud for GIT. It smells like dirt and iris with maybe a hint of ambergris. The dry down offered nothing more either. Now there's a legitimate possibility that the bottle has turned owing to its age. It's hard to say. This was very much a legit bottle from a legit seller though. I assumed the top would have faded as is common with older frags but this was off in its entirety while still retaining a genuine hint of GIT. At the very least, it confirms the reviews from years past on here where many were lining up to return their 2010 bottles.
    Sounds like a horrible experience!

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Sounds like a horrible experience!
    Haha thankfully, the seller refunded the purchase! It was a 75ml tester of GIT for 130. Hard to pass up, right? I have a growing obsession with pre-IFRA regulation frags now. It's not good :-/.

Thank you for saving me the trouble - I was about to buy that one too!

Haha thankfully, the seller refunded the purchase! It was a 75ml tester of GIT for 130. Hard to pass up, right? I have a growing obsession with pre-IFRA regulation frags now. It's not good :-/.

Do you remember if there was a batch code on the bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Do you remember if there was a batch code on the bottle?
    Absolutely. 10A02. The seller was great though. I was refunded, no questions asked. I just ordered a carded sample of 12J01 has I continue my neurotic hunt haha.

Absolutely. 10A02. The seller was great though. I was refunded, no questions asked. I just ordered a carded sample of 12J01 has I continue my neurotic hunt haha.
    I hear ya.

For what it's worth, I have two GIT bottles - one's a 13T01 and another's a 14M01, and they're both wonderful, nuclear, green, and floral, all in the best ways of those words. I think both of those batches show up on eBay relatively frequently.

I'm getting LOADS of ambergris in my new-ish 19P01. It's starting to remind me of ADP Colonia Ambra.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by garlic View Post
    I'm getting LOADS of ambergris in my new-ish 19P01. It's starting to remind me of ADP Colonia Ambra.
    Interesting and concerning, because Colonia Ambra is a thick grey ambergris for winter, GiT is meant to have a clean white ambergris.
    Follow me on Instagram @scentcurator

Quote Originally Posted by mustardsalad View Post
    I hear ya.

For what it's worth, I have two GIT bottles - one's a 13T01 and another's a 14M01, and they're both wonderful, nuclear, green, and floral, all in the best ways of those words. I think both of those batches show up on eBay relatively frequently.
    Great to know. I just missed out on a bottle of 13T01. How does 13T01 compare to 14M? Does the pre/post IFRA regulations seem to affect them?

Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 LastLast