Code of Conduct
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

In all actuality I'd rather own two bottles of aventus but for the price of GIT it was awesome. Anyone wanna split with me if u don't need 2? Lol

Told you guys to get in on this ASAP. Anything that hits Slickdeals frontpage is going to either sell out very fast or the deal is going to get killed by the retailer because thousands of people bombard the site at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by TimandT View Post
    In all actuality I'd rather own two bottles of aventus but for the price of GIT it was awesome. Anyone wanna split with me if u don't need 2? Lol
    I wish someone sold authentic 2011 4 oz. bottles of Aventus for $90 too. But we'll have to keep dreaming or wait at least another 3-4 years before that happens, lol.

im glad they took it away before i ordered.......
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    im glad they took it away before i ordered.......
    Agreed lol. I like GIT but would rather spend the money towards Aventus.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit166 View Post
    Told you guys to get in on this ASAP. Anything that hits Slickdeals frontpage is going to either sell out very fast or the deal is going to get killed by the retailer because thousands of people bombard the site at the same time.

I wish someone sold authentic 2011 4 oz. bottles of Aventus for $90 too. But we'll have to keep dreaming or wait at least another 3-4 years before that happens, lol.
    What is slick deals? I literally overlooked that post. Dang. And yes, Aventus is my fav creed hands down. Only cologne that literally makes me happy when I wear it lol.

What is slick deals? I literally overlooked that post. Dang. And yes, Aventus is my fav creed hands down. Only cologne that literally makes me happy when I wear it lol.
    Slickdeals.net is the Internet's gathering place for anyone that wants to find good deals on any and all products. People find a deal on the Internet, local retailer ad, or even word of mouth and they post it on that site. Then, people swarm the deals like piranhas. There are lots of resellers or "flippers" that buy in large bulk when they see a great deal, then resell it on eBay, craigslist, or even their own brick and mortar stores for a much higher price than what they bought it for. Yes, people actually make a living doing this everyday.

Anything that gets put on Slickdeals' frontpage grabs the attention of thousands of deal hunters immediately. Lots of people don't bother with the forums, so they'd rather set an alert that notifies them via e-mail or text when a deal goes frontpage. People on slickdeals are like sheep. If a moderator puts a deal on the frontpage, it automatically gets 10x more attention and "thumbs up" than if it was just sitting on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit166 View Post
    Slickdeals.net is the Internet's gathering place for anyone that wants to find good deals on any and all products. People find a deal on the Internet, local retailer ad, or even word of mouth and they post it on that site. Then, people swarm the deals like piranhas. There are lots of resellers or "flippers" that buy in large bulk when they see a great deal, then resell it on eBay, craigslist, or even their own brick and mortar stores for a much higher price than what they bought it for. Yes, people actually make a living doing this everyday.

Anything that gets put on Slickdeals' frontpage grabs the attention of thousands of deal hunters immediately. Lots of people don't bother with the forums, so they'd rather set an alert that notifies them via e-mail or text when a deal goes frontpage. People on slickdeals are like sheep. If a moderator puts a deal on the frontpage, it automatically gets 10x more attention and "thumbs up" than if it was just sitting on the forums.
    Well isn't that some bull *hit. Hmm. Another way for business/retailers and greedy people to screw over the average consumer just looking to save some money.

I have a bottle from the 2010 batch and I do like it a lot. It has great staying power in my opinion as I can always still detect traces of it on my wrist the following morning. I tried a bit from a sample vial today however and it seems to smell a LOT better than my 4oz bottle. It is incredibly fresh smelling, almost like fresh lemon juice when I first apply it. Its just much more vibrant all round. Is it safe to assume that my new sample vial, which I actually acquired out of curiousity after reading this thread, is from a 2011 batch? Despite still having about half of my 2010 bottle left, its actually got me tempted to buy a 2011 bottle as it just smells so good!

Quote Originally Posted by sdmilne View Post
    I have a bottle from the 2010 batch and I do like it a lot. It has great staying power in my opinion as I can always still detect traces of it on my wrist the following morning. I tried a bit from a sample vial today however and it seems to smell a LOT better than my 4oz bottle. It is incredibly fresh smelling, almost like fresh lemon juice when I first apply it. Its just much more vibrant all round. Is it safe to assume that my new sample vial, which I actually acquired out of curiousity after reading this thread, is from a 2011 batch? Despite still having about half of my 2010 bottle left, its actually got me tempted to buy a 2011 bottle as it just smells so good!
    Ya. I'd say. I have a '10 side beside with my '11 and def different in terms of freshness and basically what you just described above. Go for it and buy another. I'd buy Aventus, but thats just me haha.

Ya. I'd say. I have a '10 side beside with my '11 and def different in terms of freshness and basically what you just described above. Go for it and buy another. I'd buy Aventus, but thats just me haha.
    The 2011 batches blow the 2010 batches out of the water. The 2011 bottles are bright and fresh with a heavy but pleasant violet note. The 2010 bottles smell harsh and with very little sillage and weak longevity. If you didn't know it was GIT you would they were two totally different fragrances.

Basenotes Junkie

Got the 11-batch myself. Fantastic longevity and smell. Got it from Fragrancex - very happy with it. Going to be wearing GIT tomorrow in an important meeting - really looking forward to it.

Got my two bottles from Walgreens in the mail today, the longevity on my skin seems to be poor with this one :/

Quote Originally Posted by We Came As Romans View Post
    Got my two bottles from Walgreens in the mail today, the longevity on my skin seems to be poor with this one :/
    What's the batch number bro?

Quote Originally Posted by We Came As Romans View Post
    Dont be so quick to judge it.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

Got my two bottles from Walgreens, A3211U01. The longevity is as good or better than any tester or samples I've used before. I definitely don't buy a lot of variation in GIT. It's nothing like Aventus or like Acqua Fiorentina was, where you would be buying a different scent.

Honestly you wouldn't do any better even if you'd bought them retail.

This stuff is awesome. I sprayed it around 6 AM this morning... and I still smell it on my wrist. It's 8 PM, so it's been 14 hours. Not sure which batch it is, I'm using a sample I bought from TPC.

GIT is king. It's that simple. I keep finding frags, and loving them, but every time I wear GIT, I'm reminded it's my holy grail.

hey everyone, so when does everyone think the 2011 batches will be trickling out on online retailers?

Probably late spring early summer we should get first whiffs of 2012. I got my 2 bottles for 2011 A3211N01, and A3211P01. Simply the best.

I'm excited for 2012 batches!!

I'm also excited to sample new lot coming out for this year. 2011 is going to be hard to beat.Has anyone tried lot # A3209X03? I personally love this particular year. I'm almost half way through the bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by PA4455 View Post
    I'm also excited to sample new lot coming out for this year. 2011 is going to be hard to beat.Has anyone tried lot # A3209X03? I personally love this particular year. I'm almost half way through the bottle.
    It will be but I truly think they can beat it and I mean that across the board with all their fragrances. Aventus is my favorite and am hoping 2012 is awesome

Got a second batch today from Walgreens and its A3211P02. Cant comment on longevity yet, but it smells nice.

Basenotes Member

Pulled into the driveway after work just as UPS was pulling up as well. Good thing, because apparently they required a signature. Received two A3211P03's, and it's great so far.

Yeah, my P02's came yesterday, and two more bottles came today but my wife wasn't home to sigh for them. ONe shipment was buy one get one 1/2 off and the other was buy one get one 1/2 off PLUS an extra 20% off. The cheaper shipment came yesterday, but the weird thing is that they show it as not having shipped yet....

I have to admit, I doubted most comments on here about the '11 batch being so much better than '10. I owned three '10 bottles, and sold one of them to buy an '11 bottle. I will confess that the '11 batch is noticeably better. So unfortunate that Creed can't/won't get a better handle on this. It almost makes me feel like I wasted my money on three bottles. I still have around 150ml of GIT that I don't even know if I'll ever wear. Frustrating. Anyway, I wore the '11 today, and it was fantastic. Just like I remember from many years ago. GIT never gets old.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by taint it sweet View Post
    I have to admit, I doubted most comments on here about the '11 batch being so much better than '10. I owned three '10 bottles, and sold one of them to buy an '11 bottle. I will confess that the '11 batch is noticeably better. So unfortunate that Creed can't/won't get a better handle on this. It almost makes me feel like I wasted my money on three bottles. I still have around 150ml of GIT that I don't even know if I'll ever wear. Frustrating. Anyway, I wore the '11 today, and it was fantastic. Just like I remember from many years ago. GIT never gets old.
    Let me ask you... before you wore the 11 batch, did your 10's make you happy? probably so.

you have to realize how much of this "batch variation" thing is all in the mind. we come here and read PAGES of threads about it, and it gets to be a bigger deal in our perception/mind than it is in reality.

reality is that your 2010 GIT and 2011 GIT might be 1-2% different. And there might be aspects of the 2010 that are MORE prominent/better than the 2011, but because everyone has come on here declaring 2011 so much superior, you automatically assume so.

basically, be happy with ALL of it. if the 2011 lasts longer, great, use that bottle when you are going out for the day and wear the 2010 at home when you know you can reapply whenever you want. or try layering them. I have a 2009 bottle that I honestly think has better/fresher topnotes than these 2011 batches. But the 2011 lasts longer. So I apply one spray of 11 with two sprays of 2009 on top. amazing!

you now own 3 bottles of one of the best fragrances ever made, and that's a LOT to be happy about.

Banned

my two $83 bottles of A3211P03 came today. can i repeat again how insane it is getting fresh new Creed bottles for 70% off.

they will sit in my wine cooler until I'm done with my (very good) 2009 bottle.

Bought a 4.0 oz last night for $119!!!!!!!!!

HEARTS20 is still working at walgreens. Take advantage while it lasts!!

Basenotes Junkie

119 usd is a GREAT offer. I can't see ANY reason not to take advantage of that. They run at 150ish usd at fragrancex, seems to be the lowest price other than this great offer.

And gawd does GIT smell good

Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    119 usd is a GREAT offer. I can't see ANY reason not to take advantage of that. They run at 150ish usd at fragrancex, seems to be the lowest price other than this great offer.

And gawd does GIT smell good
    I know! I just hope I get a 2011 batch.
    It smells amazing, at first I thought it wasn't worth the money since it's so similar to coolwater. But now I see how truly amazing it is.

Basenotes Member

I'm selling my extra bottle of GIT on ebay, and it's really funny how paranoid people are about Creed. I guess I just figured it was limited to some intense people on this website, but it's seems to be much bigger.

# 1 A lot of people regard Creed fragrances as being expensive which they are if they're buying retail. That might have something to with Paranoia, where when purchasing a bottle on line one wants to be sure they're getting the real Deal. Unfortunately It seems a small percentage of sellers these days sometimes will do anything to make a dollar, even if it's at the expense of another individual. Very sad. Also if you've noticed it's hard to see through a bottle of GIT. The bottle is Black porcelain where it is almost impossible to see if someone has used any of the contents or not, and some of the sellers have the attitude on ebay take it or leave it. If you got your second bottle off of the Walgreens buy one get the second at 50% off, share the wealth with someone on basenotes. People on this site are great and will appreciate it more than anyone, anywhere.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by PA4455 View Post
    # 1 A lot of people regard Creed fragrances as being expensive which they are if they're buying retail. That might have something to with Paranoia, where when purchasing a bottle on line one wants to be sure they're getting the real Deal. Unfortunately It seems a small percentage of sellers these days sometimes will do anything to make a dollar, even if it's at the expense of another individual. Very sad. Also if you've noticed it's hard to see through a bottle of GIT. The bottle is Black porcelain where it is almost impossible to see if someone has used any of the contents or not, and some of the sellers have the attitude on ebay take it or leave it. If you got your second bottle off of the Walgreens buy one get the second at 50% off, share the wealth with someone on basenotes. People on this site are great and will appreciate it more than anyone, anywhere.
    I tried to post in the for sale marketplace, but it wouldn't let me. I'm too new.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
    Let me ask you... before you wore the 11 batch, did your 10's make you happy? probably so.

you have to realize how much of this "batch variation" thing is all in the mind. we come here and read PAGES of threads about it, and it gets to be a bigger deal in our perception/mind than it is in reality.

reality is that your 2010 GIT and 2011 GIT might be 1-2% different. And there might be aspects of the 2010 that are MORE prominent/better than the 2011, but because everyone has come on here declaring 2011 so much superior, you automatically assume so.

basically, be happy with ALL of it. if the 2011 lasts longer, great, use that bottle when you are going out for the day and wear the 2010 at home when you know you can reapply whenever you want. or try layering them. I have a 2009 bottle that I honestly think has better/fresher topnotes than these 2011 batches. But the 2011 lasts longer. So I apply one spray of 11 with two sprays of 2009 on top. amazing!

you now own 3 bottles of one of the best fragrances ever made, and that's a LOT to be happy about.
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by jbailla2 View Post
    I tried to post in the for sale marketplace, but it wouldn't let me. I'm too new.
    How much you selling? Lol lmk

I got round to buying a bottle last week. Full retail from the Creed site.

Do I regret paying full retail? Nope. It's a 2011 batch and I won't have to worry whether its genuine or not.
    The Large Print Giveth And The Small Print Taketh Away

Nothing wrong with that. I love and totally support the Creed Boutique. Did you buy it from the states here in the New York location?

I live in Scotland so buy from the Creed UK online store. I could purchase from a couple of department stores here but there is no guarantee of what they would have in stock.

Got a 120ml GIT, a 75ml Bois du Portugal and samples of Tabarome and Spring Flower.

These now go with my bottles of Millesime Imperiale and Himalaya.

I think That's great I see we share as you can see the same passion for Creed. Bois Du Portugal and Green Irish Tweed are among my top all time favorites. Curious what are the lot numbers you have for GIT and BDP? and if they're better in Europe than here in the states?

Which is best:

layering A3209X03 with A3211P02 or layering A3211P03 with A3211U01
    or perhaps I could layer A3211NO1 with A3211P03 instead, would that be better?

Is A3211P03 good enough to be worn on it's own, or is A3211P02 better for that?

Or should I get a life & stop worrying about f*cking batch numbers?

yes.

I don't really follow the lot numbers but...

GIT A3211X02
    BdP A3010K01

I don't follow lot numbers because batch variation doesn't bother me and also it would make my newer bottle of MI older than previous one which was an all gold bottle.

Is anyone selling their 2nd bottle from Walgreens? If so, pm me. Thanks

Thanks for Sharing. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Since this is the GIT official thread, I'm gonna go ahead and say this. GIT smells NOTHING like CW!
    "Wow! Even I thought they smelled alike." - Pierre Bourdon

"Cool Water is a calone-stuffed thing that is perceived as a dated cliche, and Green Irish Tweed is a well-made but conservative thing that smells like a posher Cool Water." - Katie Puckrik

"Green Irish Tweed ... probably the only truly great fragrance produced by this firm, it was composed in 1985 by Pierre Bourdon, who three years later rehashed a similar structure in the hugely successful and endlessly imitated Cool Water." - Luca Turin

OK, one of these three quotes may not have been spoken. (But may still be true.)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sol invictus View Post
    or should i get a life & stop worrying about f*cking batch numbers?

ding ding ding!!!!! ;-)

However Green Irish Tweed came to be, I'm sure everyone on this site can attest that it is truly a work of fragrance art.

The new batch i have is very strong. With 3 sprays my eyes were burning after a couple of hours.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*

I think it's paralysis over analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol invictus View Post
    Which is best:

layering A3209X03 with A3211P02 or layering A3211P03 with A3211U01
    or perhaps I could layer A3211NO1 with A3211P03 instead, would that be better?

Is A3211P03 good enough to be worn on it's own, or is A3211P02 better for that?

Or should I get a life & stop worrying about f*cking batch numbers?

Even the guys at Creed must think that people who analyze their batches are nuts..

The folks at Creed should try to capitalize on this. When other companies release flankers, Creed could simply release new batches and advertise it - "Batch A1090X30 for the modern man with class. Be unexpected." No development costs, just upping sales by selling the same fragrance over and over

Any suggestions for solid online seller of GIT in Europe?
    I own GIT A3209P02 and it doesn't smell as nice as a sample I recently got from Les Senteurs in London. The new sample smells much nicer, fresher, more citrusy etc. But have no idea what batch is that, I have to call them and ask.
    Anyone has the same experiences with A3209P02?

Thanx!

Basenotes Junkie

Isn't that a 09-batch? I'd assume those were harder to get a hold of now.

I've received two 11-batches from fragrancex.com myself (both 120 ml). I LOVE the smell from those. It's just so damn green, good and lasting.

I'd just order from them - 150ish usd for the 120 ml, add a couple of extra euros for speedy shipping via DHL if you want and it takes no more than 4'ish days to get it. The first time I opted for the "normal" shipping - took 12ish days for it to reach me in Norway. Very carefully packed and shipped.

Thank you very much for the info! :-)

GIT is my "signature scent", if that's possible when a guy owns 30 bottles. After a bad scent day yesterday, I wore GIT today because it never lets me down. It's my palate cleanser.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    GIT is my "signature scent", if that's possible when a guy owns 30 bottles. After a bad scent day yesterday, I wore GIT today because it never lets me down. It's my palate cleanser.
    I might need to do the same after testing out Bond New York Oud.

good lord... this must be a similar feeling to when a happily married man goes out in a drunken haze, hires a cheap prostitute, and wakes up the next morning. what was I thinking? and how do I get this horrid putrid chemical dreck off of me?!? It won't come off!!!

I received my 1st bottle from Walgreen ( previous owned 4 and sold them all) this is the best that I have ever owned other than a sample that was even better.

Cmax...