Code of Conduct
Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

I am wearing GIT right now for the first time, and I can see the Cool Water connection, but they aren't identical or or anything like that. I think GIT is quite a bit nicer than CW, but they are different enough to not compare them together. I would say there is about as much difference between CW and GIT as there is SMW and MI(similar but different). Honestly don't think I will pay the price for GIT. I am not insulting those who do buy Creed, or knocking Creed I am just saying I personally can't justify the price, but the juice is very nice.

Blog Entries

I somehow now stand amongst your ranks...I ANNIHILATED (no exageration) a 10mL sample I had, so I figured this was very much bottle worthy.

Any suggestions on spray amounts? I do 3 sprays for almost all my fragrances (which, if you look at my wardrobe, are for the most part rather strong), but this one seems a bit lighter than what I'm used to.

And may I just say that Creed puts great effort into their bottle's details? I do believe I've been converted!

For all you insane GIT fans:

Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post

Lol! Good one!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post

I loled

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    I somehow now stand amongst your ranks...I ANNIHILATED (no exageration) a 10mL sample I had, so I figured this was very much bottle worthy.

Any suggestions on spray amounts? I do 3 sprays for almost all my fragrances (which, if you look at my wardrobe, are for the most part rather strong), but this one seems a bit lighter than what I'm used to.

And may I just say that Creed puts great effort into their bottle's details? I do believe I've been converted!
    I do 2 on the sides of the neck, 1 or 2 on the chest, and one on each wrist.
    Currently wearing: Accord Oud by Byredo

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    I do 2 on the sides of the neck, 1 or 2 on the chest, and one on each wrist.
    seems excessive... sounds just about the right amount! I do the same thing

My bottle is from 2009 i think and it has some great projection

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.mcqueen View Post
    seems excessive... sounds just about the right amount! I do the same thing

My bottle is from 2009 i think and it has some great projection
    Speaking of which, is there some thread or something that tells which batches are good vs. mediocre? Mine's a tester and I'm curious to find out where it stands

Speaking of which, is there some thread or something that tells which batches are good vs. mediocre? Mine's a tester and I'm curious to find out where it stands
    I havent seen such a thread. I have also heard/read that the juice gets better with age

I'm having some regrets now about selling mine! Might have to get in on a decant next time a split comes up.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel! Edit: 2015... I've given up and given in
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/414...-Discontinued) (My swap thread)
    Looking for swap: Lolita Lempicka Minuit, Aqua Di Gio Essenza, Boss Bottled Intense, Bond No 9 I love NY for all, Bvlgari Man Extreme, Calvin Klein Reveal, Decants of D&G The One EDP

As i posted earlier In the thread the 2011 batches are excellent and rich compared to the 2010 batches. I have two bottles, one from each year and the differences are staggering. I am putting away from 2010 bottle to see if it gets better with age. I'm skeptical because my new bottle from 2011 is great.

The problem is wherever buying online is the only choice: it´s difficult to check the batch number. Major of sites that sells it doesn´t have that kind of information, or even a Costumer Service that can answear such specific data...

For GIT, I usually do 2 to the chest, 1 to the neck and 1 to the forearm area...
    Currently wearing: L'Humaniste by Frapin

Basenotes Member

What batch number is THAT?! Lol

I got a 4oz green irish tweed from FragranceNet a few weeks ago, the lot is A3211N01 - it smells beautiful but really does not last longer than 3 or 4 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by pclark View Post
    I got a 4oz green irish tweed from FragranceNet a few weeks ago, the lot is A3211N01 - it smells beautiful but really does not last longer than 3 or 4 hours.
    And so the 2011 batch miracle is gone...

Quote Originally Posted by pclark View Post
    I have the same batch, smells like the GIT i remember and I get 6-8 hours consistently...

Same 2011 batch here and its lasting on me into the next day, smells incredible. I just hope the 2011 Aventus I have on order lasts as good.

I really don't get the obsession Towards Creed.
    Creed has some interesting fragrances, some...but they are definitely not the quintessence, besides I have reasons to believe that wearing Creed in some parts of the world, brings people some Pseudo status of elegance and satisfaction.
    There are out there houses that are far more interesting, such houses do not get the hype that Creed does, it's just puzzling to me, why.....

There are houses that are more interesting than Creed to be sure. But for the beginner Creed is a great gateway from designer to niche fragrances. Green Irish Tweed for example is a staple in many a basenoters wardrobe at one time or another.
    Currently wearing: Eau de Santal by Floris

Quote Originally Posted by Bonoanimoes View Post
    I really don't get the obsession Towards Creed.
    Creed has some interesting fragrances, some...but they are definitely not the quintessence, besides I have reasons to believe that wearing Creed in some parts of the world, brings people some Pseudo status of elegance and satisfaction.
    There are out there houses that are far more interesting, such houses do not get the hype that Creed does, it's just puzzling to me, why.....
    I'm with you. I myself think there are some things that are best not to understand. And I'm quite happy with that.

First post for September! *Bump*

I've decided to get another bottle of GIT, from the posts the batch A3211N01 is the one I should get. The problem is the only place in this city that has GIT actually smells like a fake / CW.

Where do I get a bottle of A3211N01 or similar quality batches that ship to Australia apart from paying Creed Boutique the full price?

I got that batch from Neiman Marcus in Vegas. It's a beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    I got that batch from Neiman Marcus in Vegas. It's a beauty.
    Was it Flacon or the dark sand bottle? At $285 for a 4oz compared to FragranceNet I think it's rather expensive. Has anybody purchased from FragranceNet recently and how is the quality / batch?

Quote Originally Posted by the_cologneist View Post
    since this is the git official thread, i'm gonna go ahead and say this. Git smells nothing like cw!
    thank you!

I love git. Shame I get no more than 3 hours unless its on my clothes. Batch - A3211N01

GIT is the perfect fragrance. It's mild and rich green gets better with time and it is noticeable to 5-7 hours on me. It's the only fragrance that makes me feel like wearing it everyday. I also love Original Santal but only for night time ocasions when wearing formal clothes and all that, but GIT suit every ocasion at any time.
    Current top list:
    1. Creed - Original Santal
    2. Creed - Green Irish Tweed
    3. YSL - L'homme / Creed - Aventus
    4. Bvlgari - Pour Homme / Cartier - Declaration

Quote Originally Posted by ct4ap View Post
    GIT is the perfect fragrance. It's mild and rich green gets better with time and it is noticeable to 5-7 hours on me. It's the only fragrance that makes me feel like wearing it everyday.
    Don't know whether it's perfect, but it's a damn good one.

Quote Originally Posted by ct4ap View Post
    GIT is the perfect fragrance. It's mild and rich green gets better with time and it is noticeable to 5-7 hours on me. It's the only fragrance that makes me feel like wearing it everyday. I also love Original Santal but only for night time ocasions when wearing formal clothes and all that, but GIT suit every ocasion at any time.
    exactly.

Hello, i'm a new member but i sometimes read it since a few years when i bought my first perfume.

I decided to post because I went to buy my second bottle of GIT at the Creed boutique in Paris today.

I ask for a 2011 batch, the saleswoman asked me why?, I told her it seems newer batchs of GIT smell better.
    She was a bit surprised then i ask her to check the batch number.
    She said : "Most people think it's the manufacture date of the juice but it's not, it's the manufacture date of the flacon itself"

Kind of weird...

Anyway, i got a 4oz flacon of S3211P02 batch (cost me 122€ for those who want to know)
    First thing I can say for sure, my 2010 bottle had a harsher opening than this new one.

As for longevity, i will tell you tomorrow.

PS : sorry for my english

Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast