Code of Conduct
Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 2475

Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

Anyone know if the Costco version is legit? It’s listed at $179 online through their website. https://www.costco.com/creed-green-i...100431313.html

I ended up buying it, but immediately had buyers remorse in thinking it might be counterfeit. I researched a bit before I purchased it from Costco (mainly from threads found here, that tended to indicate they are legitimate), but continued to research after the fact and now I’m not so sure. So much so in fact that I ended up buying one directly from Creed with the intention of comparing both and maybe returning one or the other.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Frenetic View Post
    Anyone know if the Costco version is legit? It’s listed at $179 online through their website. https://www.costco.com/creed-green-i...100431313.html

I ended up buying it, but immediately had buyers remorse in thinking it might be counterfeit. I researched a bit before I purchased it from Costco (mainly from threads found here, that tended to indicate they are legitimate), but continued to research after the fact and now I’m not so sure. So much so in fact that I ended up buying one directly from Creed with the intention of comparing both and maybe returning one or the other.
    As far as I know the Costco Creed is legitimate. I haven't heard otherwise.

Basenotes Junkie

Costco creeds are 100% legit. I’ve bought Viking, Aventus, Royal Water and GIT from them and they’ve all been 100% authentic. Buy with confidence.

Thank you.

I still plan on unboxing both just for my own curiosity’s sake as I may ultimately end up keeping both as I like this scent a lot. I’ll post what I find...

The Costco is arriving this week, but no eta on the one ordered directly from the Creed Boutique.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    I have had most batches at one time or another. Some are more sandalwood heavy than others. Really like my current batch. Very smooth. I'd look up the serial number, but I'm at work.
    Any chance you had time to look up the batch?

Hey guys,
    I have a chance to buy a 99% full 30ml bottle of GIT,
    Does anyone here have knowledge of the quality of 30ml bottles?

I'm under the impression that 30ml bottles are no longer in production, so this bottle is probably older?
    Does this fragrance tend to last decades or deteriorate after 5 or so years?

I'll get back to y'all if i can get a batch code.
    Thank You.
    Currently wearing: Interlude Man by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by PartySnake View Post
    Hey guys,
    I have a chance to buy a 99% full 30ml bottle of GIT,
    Does anyone here have knowledge of the quality of 30ml bottles?

I'm under the impression that 30ml bottles are no longer in production, so this bottle is probably older?
    Does this fragrance tend to last decades or deteriorate after 5 or so years?

I'll get back to y'all if i can get a batch code.
    Thank You.
    As long as it's authentic, don't worry about age. In fact, the older the better!
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    As long as it's authentic, don't worry about age. In fact, the older the better!
    The bottle comes with the bottle alone, no box.

What color is the juice supposed to be? This one is clear.
    Currently wearing: Interlude Man by Amouage

I have a black 4oz bottle. Not sure what color the liquid is.

So both boxes arrived today, one from Costco and the other directly from Creed.

Just some general observations:

1. Both weren't wrapped in cellophane.
    2. Everything looked identical except for the batch code and the stamping on the bottom of the bottle (see pics). The stamping of the batch code on the Creed bottle was on a single line, whereas the stamping on the Costco bottle was three lines.
    3. They smelled identical.
    4. Both bottles were completely opaque; I could not see through either while held up to a light.
    5. The batch code on the box matched that of the bottle on both.
    6. The Creed order came with two samples, Aventus and Bois Du Portugal.
    7. Costco Batch: A3219P01
    8. Creed Batch: CM3219P01

• Can anyone explain why the stampings on the bottom of the bottles are different?
    • Why is are the letters different on the Batch Code?

All of the items on the left are from Costco and those on the right are from Creed.

Package from Creed:
    IMG_0752 (Edited).jpg

IMG_0754 (Edited).jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0756 (2).jpg

IMG_0758 (2).jpg

IMG_0765 (2).jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0762 (Edited).jpg

IMG_0764 (Edited).jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

So both boxes arrived today, one from Costco and the other directly from Creed.

Just some general observations:

1. Both weren't wrapped in cellophane.
    2. Everything looked identical except for the batch code and the stamping on the bottom of the bottle (see pics). The stamping of the batch code on the Creed bottle was on a single line, whereas the stamping on the Costco bottle was three lines.
    3. They smelled identical.
    4. Both bottles were completely opaque; I could not see through either while held up to a light.
    5. The batch code on the box matched that of the bottle on both.
    6. The Creed order came with two samples, Aventus and Bois Du Portugal.
    7. Costco Batch: A3219P01
    8. Creed Batch: CM3219P01

• Can anyone explain why the stampings on the bottom of the bottles are different?
    • Why is are the letters different on the Batch Code?
    My guess is just different production plants.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    My guess is just different production plants.
    Different location where they were produced.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays For 2020 HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/471...d-Fridays-2020

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Speak of the devil, I'm about to douse myself in GIT after a run and shower.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Just my two cents worth. Reading through this thread and seeing all the post about batches and changes.
    I’ve been wearing GIT since around 1994
    Quite honestly, the main and only thing I can say that has changed through the years is the frag is not as pungent (without loss of strength) as as it once was. I do not find to be a bad thing. I actually find the fragrance much more appealing myself since probably 2011 batches forward. All the notes are there. In fact they seem to have better separation along top, heart and base. Just this week cracked open a 2017. So nice and fragrant, with the opening of lemon and verbena slight peppermint note then settles into the green violet leaves. Warming down to iris and creamy sandalwood being held together for hours by the ambergris.
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by eriqesque View Post
    Just my two cents worth. Reading through this thread and seeing all the post about batches and changes.
    Quite honestly, the main and only thing I can say that has changed through the years is the frag is not as pungent (without loss of strength) as as it once was. I do not find to be a bad thing. I actually find the fragrance much more appealing myself since probably 2011 batches forward. All the notes are there. In fact they seem to have better separation along top, heart and base. Just this week cracked open a 2017. So nice and fragrant, with the opening of lemon and verbena slight peppermint note then settles into the green violet leaves. Warming down to iris and creamy sandalwood being held together for hours by the ambergris.
    Quite honestly, looks like you work for Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by garlic View Post
    Quite honestly, looks like you work for Creed.
    lol Not by a long shot
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by eriqesque View Post
    I have to say the difference between my 2012 sample and my 2016 bottle is substantial. They rhyme with one another but even a casual sniff would put them in different categories.

Basenotes Junkie

Creeds can definitely deteriorate, though, especially after about 15-20 years. Something I've noticed. Meanwhile my early 80s Paco Rabanne Pour Homme still smells great!

Quote Originally Posted by mustardsalad View Post
    Creeds can definitely deteriorate, though, especially after about 15-20 years. Something I've noticed. Meanwhile my early 80s Paco Rabanne Pour Homme still smells great!
    Strange. I wonder why.

Something something oakmoss? I'm curious too...

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by hellbentforleather View Post
    Something something oakmoss? I'm curious too...
    Well hell, I'm not a chemist lol. I don't know. I have noticed Creeds in general just not aging well no matter how well you take care of them.

Well hell, I'm not a chemist lol. I don't know. I have noticed Creeds in general just not aging well no matter how well you take care of them.
    I definitely notice this with Aventus. Sometimes the changes are for the better but definitely a few of my favorite batches turned for the worse. They didn't spoil, per se, but I didn't like the shift. On the other hand, I find vintage Egoiste and Heritage absolutely stunning and my bottles 20-30 years old. To be fair though, I haven't sniffed them when they were originally released. Also, my 2011 bottle of Royal Oud might be tops for me.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Haven't personally noticed any deterioration in any of my Creeds yet.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by hellbentforleather View Post
    I definitely notice this with Aventus. Sometimes the changes are for the better but definitely a few of my favorite batches turned for the worse. They didn't spoil, per se, but I didn't like the shift. On the other hand, I find vintage Egoiste and Heritage absolutely stunning and my bottles 20-30 years old. To be fair though, I haven't sniffed them when they were originally released. Also, my 2011 bottle of Royal Oud might be tops for me.
    You and I have very similar tastes

Yes, I was thinking about a few of my Aventus batches (my 13ZZ01 has soured), but my 80s powerhouse stash still smells beautiful, including an '82 batch of Drakkar Noir I have. And yes, my '11 Royal Oud smells fantastic, too!

Back to GIT, though.....I've got a 14M01 and a 13T03. I got both of them from reputable sellers, both full bottle/box presentation in nice condition, but the '13 is just ever so slightly starting to turn its heart notes in an unpleasant, off-licorice manner. Just slightly, mind you, but I haven't experienced this problem in any other fragrances of mine.

Well, except for a half-full poor condition tommy hilfiger bottle I got for cheap....THAT had been in sunlight for years. I could tell right away by first spray. Which ended up being last spray.

You and I have very similar tastes

Yes, I was thinking about a few of my Aventus batches (my 13ZZ01 has soured), but my 80s powerhouse stash still smells beautiful, including an '82 batch of Drakkar Noir I have. And yes, my '11 Royal Oud smells fantastic, too!

Back to GIT, though.....I've got a 14M01 and a 13T03. I got both of them from reputable sellers, both full bottle/box presentation in nice condition, but the '13 is just ever so slightly starting to turn its heart notes in an unpleasant, off-licorice manner. Just slightly, mind you, but I haven't experienced this problem in any other fragrances of mine.

Well, except for a half-full poor condition tommy hilfiger bottle I got for cheap....THAT had been in sunlight for years. I could tell right away by first spray. Which ended up being last spray.
    Nice! I'm seriously debating a vintage bottle of Drakkar. I just picked up Beau de Jour and I love it but it's leading me toward vintage Drakkar as a final destination of sorts haha.

Basenotes Junkie

I've had some vintage Creeds - OS from 2005, Himalaya from 2005(or 2008) and Selection Verte (no batch code at all on a flacon, must be a very old release), all of them smelled fantastically! Especially Selection Verte, taking into account that it's a freshie, top notes were amazing.

Basenotes Junkie

I went hunting for a couple of older GIT bottles/partials to back up my 120ml 16L01. I found a 75ml 15W01 that was 50% full and a 30ml 10K01 that was 99% full.

The 15W01 smells fantastic. Well rounded, really pretty, smooth fragrance. The 2010 is totally different than any other GIT I've smelled (batches from 15, 16, 17, 18, and 19), but it has an amazing ambergris note in it that gives a rough around the edges body that I'm digging. Between these three bottles now I've got a really nice selection of GIT to pull from, and it should last a long time.

Does anyone own a 1985 bottle of Green Irish Tweed? Would love to see an actual bottle from that time. Been told time and time again that it pre-dates Cool Water.
    Currently wearing: Bel Ami by Hermès

Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbouti View Post
    Does anyone own a 1985 bottle of Green Irish Tweed? Would love to see an actual bottle from that time. Been told time and time again that it pre-dates Cool Water.
    If I recall correctly, Hednic has an 80's bottle

Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 LastLast