Code of Conduct
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

Quote Originally Posted by cmax View Post
    I received my 1st bottle from Walgreen ( previous owned 4 and sold them all) this is the best that I have ever owned other than a sample that was even better.

Cmax...
    Same here, received mine yesterday. Batch a3211p0s (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by uncalumni2009 View Post
    same here, received mine yesterday. Batch a3211p0s (2011)
    s3211po2

So anything from 2011 batch is great?

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    I'd say so, and it's quite strong. I put on two sprays at 4 pm this afternoon in the upstairs bathroom, and a friend could smell it instantly when she opened the front door at 6pm. I was in a different room.

Quote Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
    A lot better than 2010 batches.

Basenotes Member

Just sold my second bottle from the Walgreens deal on Ebay. After everything is said and done, my bottle cost me $42.10. Pretty, pretty, prettty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsjPr...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by jbailla2 View Post
    Just sold my second bottle from the Walgreens deal on Ebay. After everything is said and done, my bottle cost me $42.10. Pretty, pretty, prettty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsjPr...eature=related
    Good for you jbailla2, we're all so proud of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGd4T4bkzAY

testing GIT for the first time today and my first creed, to be honest i'm not crazy about this fragrance at the moment and dont see all the hype but i think its one of those fragrances that will grow on me as i like it more and more as it drys down. Have to give it more testing though

Just picked up a 500ml Flacon (about 200ml remaining) of this GREAT stuff along with a leather atomizer and funky Gold plated funnel. This is just Class in a bottle and good in any situation !!!

Quote Originally Posted by canuck21 View Post
    testing GIT for the first time today and my first creed, to be honest i'm not crazy about this fragrance at the moment and dont see all the hype but i think its one of those fragrances that will grow on me as i like it more and more as it drys down. Have to give it more testing though
    GIT will grow on you and I like the drydown waaay more than the opening. The opening actually makes me a little sick sometimes. You should give it at least 5-10 full wearings before you make up your mind on GIT. I recommend spraying the opposite side of both your elbows + 1 to the chest. Also, it's not a good winter fragrance unless you're indoors a lot.

Anyone have an extra bottle from the Walgreens sale? I was just about to pay for it then found out they don't ship to Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by DAX View Post
    Anyone have an extra bottle from the Walgreens sale? I was just about to pay for it then found out they don't ship to Canada.
    I second that. In fact I have an American Address (friend) to whom Iīll ship my stuff. So, if anyone with a good heart is willing to make a Brasilian Basenoter fellow happy delight me with a PM heheheheh!

I got my 2 bottles from Walgreens (shipped by Fragrancenet) on Thursday. Just tried one bottle today. Lot S3211P02. Seems weak, watered down.
    Last edited by Loud_One; 12th February 2012 at 03:44 AM.

I have a bottle of the S3211P02 lot, from 2011, matches a known lot from the Creed boutique in Paris mentioned in another thread. I don't find it weak on me, I have had comments on it when I can't even smell it anymore. GIT is one of those fragrances which projects more than you think. It seems more than a few folks bought this blind, which I don't quite get, kind of a high risk even at a discount.

My bottle from Walgreens is awesome. Incredibly potent and fresh. In fact, a little too much violet leaves especially in the opening.

Batch / lot#: A3211P03

God canīt believe I missed this Walgreens bargain... Shame on me!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBuyer View Post
    God canīt believe I missed this Walgreens bargain... Shame on me!!!!!!!!!
    Don't worry they run this deal at least twice a year if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by luvinfragsguy View Post
    Nice. Hope I donīt miss it again hhehehehhe!

Quote Originally Posted by Puig View Post
    I have a bottle of the S3211P02 lot, from 2011, matches a known lot from the Creed boutique in Paris mentioned in another thread. I don't find it weak on me, I have had comments on it when I can't even smell it anymore. GIT is one of those fragrances which projects more than you think. It seems more than a few folks bought this blind, which I don't quite get, kind of a high risk even at a discount.
    I have this same batch and I was comparing the bottle of this along with a bottle of batch A3211U01. The A3211U01 bottle is etched on the back with "Toilet Water PGS A3211U01" along with the ingredient list and "Made in France". It also has an Arabic sticker on the bottom.

The S3211P02 bottle has nothing at all on the back and the bottom has the lot number stamped, not etched. It has no Arabic sticker. Is it common for there to be bottle variations like this?

I also did a side-be-side test of both batches. I expected them to be identical but as good as the A3211U01 batch is, the S3211P02 lot is slightly stronger.

I have the U01 and mine also has same prints and what not. I like it. I think it's pretty potent and strong. Lasts a long time on me. It does have a very potent violet opening but it eventually tones down. I didn't take part in the Walgreens deal because I use GIT but I will wear it more in spring/summer. I use Aventus like water so I stock up on that one. If only they had two bottles of Aventus for $167 lol.

Wore GIT again last night...wife still loves it. Not as much as me though. Great stuff.

I find that GIT in the winter has a wonderfully fresh feeling to it. Last night as my fiance and I were on our way to the car she commented how she caught a whiff of my GIT, and how nice it is. Amazing how one fragrance can have such an impact, especially on women.

Question for those with 2011 batches: Would you describe the scent as green, damp, and maybe a little dark? Like you're strolling through a wet Irish hillside on a cloudy rainy morning?

That's how mine smells and I'm pretty sure mine is a 2010 (Lot number was shaved off). Mine unfortunately is not strong like the 2011 seems to be. In fact, it's pretty average in strength and lasts 6 or so hours.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post
    Question for those with 2011 batches: Would you describe the scent as green, damp, and maybe a little dark? Like you're strolling through a wet Irish hillside on a cloudy rainy morning?

That's how mine smells and I'm pretty sure mine is a 2010 (Lot number was shaved off). Mine unfortunately is not strong like the 2011 seems to be. In fact, it's pretty average in strength and lasts 6 or so hours.
    My A3211P03 batch opens with a huge blast of violet leaf freshness. Like I've said, a bit too strong IMO... almost sickening. I need to hold my breath and walk away from the area where I sprayed. Then after about 10 minutes, it starts to settle down. Violet leaves are still strong throughout, but the other notes start to smoothly get mixed in. An hour in, it smells absolutely amazing. 4-5 hours in, it starts to diminish in potency but will still linger and last for many more hours.

I don't get too much damp moss or darkness. Maybe some of it in the opening but the fresh, strong blast of violet leaves is what I smell the most.

Definately Green, Fresh. Dark? probably not. I'll describe this from a review I heard which I agree. More fizzy, like popping open a cold can of of Lemon Lime Soda on a very hot and humid day, and you can feel the carbonation and freshness from the can aticipating the freshness from the can. I think this is probably as close to me as it gets to describing this wonderful Scent.

I agree with all of these descriptions. The viliet is very potent in mine also. It kind of stinks bc although I like GIT, I don't "omg love it" like I do Aventus. The difference is---GIT wears so well on me, it literally wears for 12 hours still strong but I just don't get that "wow" factor from it. Don't get me wrong, by no means am I bashing it, I do like it a lot just wish other creed fragrances wore the same on me as GIT. But to answer the question, I think of the color purple when I wear it. One bottle will last me awhile but I can see how this could be someone's signature scent

I'm wearing it right now. It does smell mighty fine right now. It's a great switch up from my aventus or MI. Question to everyone--- has anyone tried Bleeker Street? If so how is it?

This stuff is a projection monster on me. The cologne trail coming off my neck is the same as looking at gas fumes coming off the ground lol. It just wears well with my chemistry. Actually so does aventus and MI from creed.

Quote Originally Posted by TimandT View Post
    This stuff is a projection monster on me. The cologne trail coming off my neck is the same as looking at gas fumes coming off the ground lol. It just wears well with my chemistry. Actually so does aventus and MI from creed.
    Really??? My GIT has moderate projection. It's nowhere near as potent as my Aventus.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

My 2011 GIT does project pretty darn well, moreso than the 2008 and 2009 batches I have. Not as much as Aventus, nor does it project as long, but still, pretty impressive

Yea it does. It must just work really good with my body chemistry. I also have a 2011 batch but honestly it projects awesome. I would say MORE than my aventus longer throughout, but aventus projects harder the 1st hour on

Also, I sprayed one spray to the abdomen and one spray to the base of the neck totaling 2 sprays and 9.5 hours later it's still smells awesome. Not AS strong but A LOT stronger than most of my fragrances from creed for THIS long.

Does anyone have a bottle they got from Walgreen they are selling??

I just picked up a 4oz bottle of GIT from a local discount shop for $130. I was on the fence for the longest time because I thought it was too similar to Cool Water. Man, was I wrong. It's so different when wearing it. Very classy stuff. Oh, I tried a few samples from 2010 and the bottle I have is from 2011--the 2011 is MUCH stronger and better. Very nice stuff indeed.

Congratulations on your purchase, and welcome to the club. 2011 GIT is absolutely fantastic, Longevity on me is A+. This is one fragrance for me that is good for all four seasons, day of evening. All the best.

Thanks, PA4455. I now see what the fuss was all about. It's an amazing scent. Definitely an all season fragrance.

Now try Aventus ^^ ladies will swoon

I have Aventus and it's amazing. Love it. But for now, I'm really enjoying GIT. I'm amazed at how different it is from Cool Water.

Love GIT too. It's awesome on the switch up from the other scents I have. I have been writing on other threads how diff it is. Some people still don't believe me but it's true. So different. I love GIT too

Currently my only bottle is GIT, very versatile strong scent. (Though I have Blue Sugar on the way) I've gotten a compliment the other day at the bowling alley and again at Target, lol. I kinda wish it was a bottle of SMW, but oh well. People who think this smells like CW has no business on this board, as they are obviously hard of smelling.
    WTT: Creed SMW for Creed GIT.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big Punisher View Post
    People who think this smells like CW has no business on this board, as they are obviously hard of smelling.
    Prezactly.

Quote Originally Posted by mesaboogie View Post

My 2011 does smell like a wet Irish hillside (not really, but I get the comparison). However, I think maybe the batch variations of GIT are a bit . . . overstated.

Glad Im not the only one that can EASILY smell a HUGE difference between GIT and CW.

Quote Originally Posted by UNCAlumni2009 View Post
    Same here, received mine yesterday. Batch a3211p0s (2011)

You guys are so freaking lucky! I got mine this January from Walgreens. It's the 2010 batch and while it's not bad the longevity and sillage are definitely weak (weaker than some of my designers). So basically you're telling me that if I waited just a bit I could have gotten the 2011 batch? FUUUUUUUUCK lol.

Quote Originally Posted by luvinfragsguy View Post
    fack! I missed out on this too. I have a crappier 2010 batch. Do you know when this deal will come around again, specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by Gekisen View Post
    fack! I missed out on this too. I have a crappier 2010 batch. Do you know when this deal will come around again, specifically?
    No sorry. I haven't noticed a pattern when they offer the sale. Check the discounts forum, and check around holidays. I'm sure when the sale does show up, one of us will post it to help others out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit166 View Post
    My A3211P03 batch opens with a huge blast of violet leaf freshness. Like I've said, a bit too strong IMO... almost sickening. I need to hold my breath and walk away from the area where I sprayed. Then after about 10 minutes, it starts to settle down. Violet leaves are still strong throughout, but the other notes start to smoothly get mixed in. An hour in, it smells absolutely amazing. 4-5 hours in, it starts to diminish in potency but will still linger and last for many more hours.

I don't get too much damp moss or darkness. Maybe some of it in the opening but the fresh, strong blast of violet leaves is what I smell the most.
    I have the same batch, it truly Is great...far superior than the 2010 batches ive tried. The opening of GIT is suppose to be slightly harsh but as it settles in, the magic begins..

Quote Originally Posted by jamwires View Post
    Glad Im not the only one that can EASILY smell a HUGE difference between GIT and CW.
    Yeh the differences are pretty remarkable. GIT is smooth and refreshing, Cool water Is sweeter and Is just a synthetic mess. I use to think CW was great, but after trying GIT...you can easily see that its an inferior fragrance to GIT..

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit166 View Post

I have the same batch, it truly Is great...far superior than the 2010 batches ive tried. The opening of GIT is suppose to be slightly harsh but as it settles in, the magic begins..

No one at Creed ever confessed to the batches being diferent one year vs. another as far as I know. I wonder how they would answer our concern for aquiring the best GIT?

Quote Originally Posted by PA4455 View Post
    No one at Creed ever confessed to the batches being diferent one year vs. another as far as I know. I wonder how they would answer our concern for aquiring the best GIT?
    What do you expect from them? That they come and say "Don't buy the 2010 batch, they are bad!" ?? No. Hopefully they know by now from reading these threads and they'll try the best to do better job in the future.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PA4455 View Post
    that is just flat-out wrong.

representatives from CREED have ALWAYS admitted to there being natural variations in their fragrance due to the changing nature of sourcing ingredients. they (and i) consider it a selling point and something to enjoy. if you don't believe me, call the Creed Boutique in NYC and ask them about it.

it's only some people on this website that consider it a negative and go apeshit about it...

I got this recently and I'm enjoying every drop

I'm wearing GIT today and it's amazing. I'm getting great longevity out of it today. However, it doesn't have monster sillage, but rather sits faint and delicately, which I'm really starting to like a lot. It's not bold and loud. This is quickly becoming my signature scent, next to Aventus.

Aventus is better. GIT is harsh. It's too strong IMO. I only sprayed two sprays and it fills up my whole office. I like it but think every month it's getting effin stronger. Maybe I'm just having a bad day. FML

What year was your bottle made? I have 2011 and agree that it's strong, but nothing like the original Polo or Montale's Black Aoud. Both of these scents are powerhouses on me and crank out huge siliage and longevity. What I personally like about GIT is it's strong, but not overbearing.

I have 2011 batch. Shit is stronggggg lol

Yeah, it is strong. It really shines when I do physical activity. My body temp heats up and it cranks out. I absolutely love it. Great stuff.

That's awesome. I'll be excited to wear it in the summer. It's weird though, sometimes GIT starts out real strong(sometimes can't even stand the strength) and then it dries down to a smell of fragrance after being sight in a rainstorm. Kinda like (candies cologne) after being caught in a rain shower

I got a sample of this and I knew I had to get a full bottle. Unfortunely I had the bad fortune to get a fake off of ebay...fortunately the guy refunded me in full (only had to pay for return shipping), said he didn't know they were fake, but he's still listing them on ebay...(is there a way to report this?) Now he has pretty good feedback for other transactions, but this was a bad fake GIT. Eh, anyways I'll be using my refunded money to buy straight from amazon since they seem to have the best price right now that I can trust. Can't Wait!

just ordered one from walgreens. if it isn't a 2011 batch, do you think they'd let me exchange it??