Code of Conduct

Default Best burning incense type of frag besides M7 and the CDG Incense series.

I needs me some incense for the holidays.

Default Re: Best burning incense type of frag besides M7 and the CDG Incense series.

Montale Full incense
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Best burning incense type of frag besides M7 and the CDG Incense series.

Whenever I wear Gucci - Pour Homme 2003, I feel like im smoldering.
    FragReviews.com - A Fresh Perspective

For Sale - For Swap - Niche & Designer - Bottles & Samples - Updated 12/09
    WANTED: None

Try Sahara Noir by Tom Ford.

Armani Prive's Bois d'Encens & Encens Satin
    Dior - Mitzah

Basenotes Plus

Great recommendations above!

For something with good versatility, I'd like Passage d'Enfer and Dzongkha.

Bond No. 9 Silver Factory
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird

Default Best burning incense type of frag besides M7 and the CDG Incense series.

Most of the ones I'd think of for great incense have already been mentioned.

CDG Avignon and Heeley Cardinal would be the two I'd add.

Seconding Sahara noir. One of our Arabian BNer judges it to be perhaps the most realistic burnt frankincense.

For a more christmasy feel, of incense plus assorted christmasy smells, perhaps Fille en aiguille, with the piney forest.

cacio

By Kilian's Incense Oud is perhaps the most wearable "burning incense" fragrance I have come across.

To me, L'Occitane Eau de Baux

The white smoke note in CDG's 2 Man gives me a burning incense vibe.
    Signature Scent

Amouage Interlude Man might be a possibility.......

Blog Entries

Try Annick Goutal's Encens Flamboyant. The name actually means "burning incense", & l certainly get that vibe from it.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Embers by Rouge Bunny Rouge.

Smoky, spice incense. This is worth a sampling.

TOP: Pink Pepper, Nutmeg, Clove
    HEART: Freesia, Jasmine, Cistus, Incense
    BASE: Styrax, Peru Balsam, Sandalwood

http://en.rougebunnyrouge.com/fragra...es/embers.html
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Another vote for Sahara Noir!

You might also sample Odin 07 Tenoke (sp?) and Black Tourmaline.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Casbah is unrelenting smoky incense

heeley cardinal

Sound Scents

Quote Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
    By Kilian's Incense Oud is perhaps the most wearable "burning incense" fragrance I have come across.
    ... And my favorite incense composition.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4)
    Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6)
    Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
    9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
    9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
    9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
    9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
    9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
    9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie

Miller Harris - La Fumee. Smells like smouldering church incense at a christmas carol service

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Embers by Rouge Bunny Rouge.

Smoky, spice incense. This is worth a sampling.

TOP: Pink Pepper, Nutmeg, Clove
    HEART: Freesia, Jasmine, Cistus, Incense
    BASE: Styrax, Peru Balsam, Sandalwood

http://en.rougebunnyrouge.com/fragra...es/embers.html
    Oh yeah, this one ^^^. Blind bought it about a month ago and love it!

vintage Messe de Minuit

Basenotes Institution

Serge Noire by Serge Lutens
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Santalum by Profumum

M Generation. Now that's incense. Another one would be Full Incense by Montale.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    M Generation. Now that's incense. Another one would be Full Incense by Montale.
    Wearing Full Incense today and confirm that it is very Incense-ey

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Serge Noire by Serge Lutens
    2nd this! *waves @ mike*

Incense Pure by Sonoma Scent Studio
    Breath of God by Gorilla Perfumes (Lush)
    Cardinal by Heeley
    Sahara by Tom Ford
    Bois d'Ascese by Naomi Goodsir
    Full Incense by Montale

Which type?

Frankincense - Sahara Noir
    Catholic church: Bois d'Armenie
    East African incense: la fumee

for swap/sale:

I've narrowed it down to Heeley Cardinal, and Bois De Armenie.

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Which type?

Frankincense - Sahara Noir
    Catholic church: Bois d'Armenie
    East African incense: la fumee

I have a so-called "sub wardrobe" of around 11 incense centered scents, not to mention other stuff i tested from samples.

Best scent available on the market that portrays the smell of fumigating incense in my opinion is : Robert Piguet Casbah.

Runner up : Sahara Noir.

The reason i mention market availability is because Norma Kamali Incense (which is not available anymore) was the best ever made.
    Last edited by tdwctdwc; 9th December 2014 at 04:09 PM.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Cardinal is a better Avignon.
    Avignon has too much ISO E SUPER (or something super synthetic).

for swap/sale:

CdG Avignon is the better Montale Full Incense for me. Very alike.

CdG 2 Man and Odeur 73 are worth checking, as well as Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles.

If you want to try something different, you can go for Lillipur by Tiziana Terenzi.

Quote Originally Posted by JourneymanDave View Post
    Most of the ones I'd think of for great incense have already been mentioned.

CDG Avignon and Heeley Cardinal would be the two I'd add.
    I agree with CDG Avignon.

Parfum D'Empire Ambre Russe

Champagne and vodka with a touch of smoky birch leather that dries down to Incense, musk and amber.

I find it a bit heavy on the incense through the base notes but well mixed with the amber

Basenotes Plus

One that I haven't seen mentioned: Wazamba.

I sniffed the current version of Bois d'Armenie at Guerlain this summer and found it much diluted from the original. Be sure to test this before buying if your only experience is with the original release.

Lots of great suggestions here. One new one that I recently sampled is from the Ephemera by Unsound Music Festival. One in particular called "Noise" was a nice take on frankincense/incense. Composed by Geza Schoen, this one reminds me a lot of CdG 2Man; and could easily fit into the CdG family. This one was not as overpowering as CdG 2Man (2Man can become a bit too strong for me if I overspray), but the same structure for sure, with some really nice floral accents to cut through the density of the incense and woods. Good longevity and projection also, if that matters.

I agree with many recommendations above.
    I will add two more.

Biel Parfumkunstwerke's mb03
    ​Tauer's Incense extreme
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by cazaubon View Post
    I sniffed the current version of Bois d'Armenie at Guerlain this summer and found it much diluted from the original. Be sure to test this before buying if your only experience is with the original release.
    I have never smelled the original but the current version which I own is quite light and somewhat creamy. I like it.

Going with Full Intense too, if it goes with a pea-coat and Burberry suit.

Odin 07 my favorite incense. Then u have avignon and full incense. But do try odin 07. Beautifully done.

Basenotes Plus

On the mellow side -
    Gucci Pour Homme I

Hardcore - TF Sahara Noir
    "There is a way of living that has a certain grace and beauty. It is not a constant race for what is next, rather, an appreciation of that which has come before." - Ralph Lauren

The long lost Vendetta by Valentino.

Basenotes Plus

After wearing Olympic Orchids Dev #1 again today, I can definitely say it is one of my favorite incense scents.
    Check out my swap thread.

Follow me on Twitter.

Basenotes Plus

Bogart Furyo goes through a phase that smells like Nag
    Champa incense smouldering on my skin and giving off
    little wisps of fragrant smoke...

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Cardinal is a better Avignon.
    Avignon has too much ISO E SUPER (or something super synthetic).
    I love both and they do smell similar, but like hedonist said Cardinal is so much better, less harsh and very smooth. Like most Heeleys it wears close to the skin. I've grown to appreciate this style. His scents stay on you all day, and you never have to worry about over spraying and bombing out a room.

I know it's more difficult to get, but I'll throw in amouage tribute. Everyone should have a chance to try this.

Piotr Czarnecki Sensi is perhaps the best incense fragrance I've smelled. It comes in a 3 in 1 bottle arrangement for three different intensities of the same basic aroma. A very nice fragrance - sublime actually - that is predominantly a frankincense incense but with more character and nuance than others I've tried.
    Last edited by Buzzlepuff; 15th December 2014 at 12:47 AM.