Code of Conduct

Thread: Dior Homme?

Default Dior Homme?

Have and love DHI. Should I bother buying DH? Maybe use DH for day scent, and DHI for night. Anyways what batches should I look for anything after 2013 or 14?

Default Re: Dior Homme?

I'd never experienced the original DH as I went straight for the Intense version.

Upon getting a bottle of DH recently I was quite disappointed as it felt like a step backward from Intense option, which it was. Repeated wearings however made me realize how good the frag is an how totally different they are in terms of application even though they are similar in notes.

Sample first.

Sampling before is indeed recommendable if DH is considered as a possible purchase. Other than that, in my opinion, the two fragrances are different enough to justify owning both (provided that both fragrances are enjoyed).

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    in my opinion, the two fragrances are different enough to justify owning both (provided that both fragrances are enjoyed).
    Agree. They share some obvious similarities, but if you love DHI, you should certainly give DH a try as well.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Quote Originally Posted by Smatt99 View Post
    Have and love DHI. Should I bother buying DH?
    If you can get it at a good price - IMO yes.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Why not sample it first? I find the them too similar to own both. I stocked up on vintage DH and got rid of DHI.

As mentioned, DH could be used for daytime and DHI for night. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by 61824 View Post
    I'd never experienced the original DH as I went straight for the Intense version.

Upon getting a bottle of DH recently I was quite disappointed as it felt like a step backward from Intense option, which it was. Repeated wearings however made me realize how good the frag is an how totally different they are in terms of application even though they are similar in notes.

Sample first.
    This. Every single word of this. Absolutely.

EDITED to add: Cacio's comment directly below marvelously sums it up too.
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; Yesterday at 08:19 PM.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

The underlying structure is very similar, but DHI is overlaid with sweet and gourmand notes. So I think they're different enough to own both, if one really likes the style. DHI is probably closer to modern tastes, DH is a bit deliciously retro, with a strong iris note. I wouldn't worry about batches on this one.

cacio

Have sampled and love it . Just was curious about batch years.

As far as batches are concerned I personally belong to camp of non-believers. Its all horseshite to me.

As far as fragrance itself, I believe owning both is warranted if you are a fan of the scent (which I am). I strive to limit my collection to under 20 bottles and yet I am going to have both DHI and DH. Intense version seems more bitter to me and is best suitable for night time, where is regular version is perfectly suitable for the office.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    If you can get it at a good price - IMO yes.
    I agree...

Default Dior Homme?

DH I'm told is more versatile than the intense. I own and love the original Dior Homme and have not tried the intense or even the new formulations if any if them. However I would say that the EdT can be worn during the day and perhaps more casually, while the EdP can be for black tie events, dates, formal or high class occasions etc. Although in my opinion the EdT can work for both, however the intense will be hard to pull off in the occasions other than those mentioned (ie casually, work, everyday etc.)