Code of Conduct
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

Well... it's a big ol' serving of humble pie for me today as it wasn't long ago, on this very thread, I proclaimed a decidedly blase appreciation for his Irish Green Tweedness. So what did I do last night with the better part of an unexpected influx of two Ben Franklins? Yep... ordered me up a 4.0 ouncer from Wallgreens.com, which naturally left me pondering the obvious question: how did this happen!?!
    Was it the Creed hype machine subconsciously eating away at my willpower to "just say no" (it is my first Creed purchase), or the vaguely mysterious allure of that iconic flat black flask? Conspicuous consumerism plain and simple? Perhaps it was the notion that if you're really into this whole fragrance ________ (hobby, quest, obsession, fill in the blank), a handful of classics are simply on the "must have" list. I hardly ever wear Guerlain Vetiver or Azzaro Pour Homme, but I'm not planning on getting rid of them either. There's also something about the "Swiss Army knife" factor that I could tell was drawing me in. I suspect all of these elements were swirling around in the back of my mind to varying degrees.
    And how about the scent itself? As my second sample decant ran out I found myself regularly unscrewing the sprayer to get a whiff, as if trying to figure out what it is about GIT that's loved by so many. Frankly though, I think it was beginning to dawn on me that I am, in fact, one of those many. By the way, this sequence has been an indicator of an imminent purchase on more than one occasion. LV's Sandalo, Sycomore and Kyoto all fell into this category. That is, if you find yourself regularly sniffing the damned empty bottle, you're a gonner!
    So yes... humble pie with a side of crow for me today. Now I'm just curious to see what it's like on extended wearings, not worrying about quantity. I'll be happy to report on Wallgreens/Fragrancenet May shipping batch # and impressions if anyone's interested.
    Last edited by midniteoil; 9th May 2012 at 11:23 PM.

Last edited by midniteoil; 9th May 2012 at 06:52 PM. Reason: double post

Welcome to the cult. I have a green kool-aid moustache, myself.

I own a GIT bottle whit number: A3210A01. Can someone help me interpret this number? What does it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I own a GIT bottle whit number: A3210A01. Can someone help me interpret this number? What does it mean?
    I think you have a 2010 batch...that's what my gut tells me, plus past experience with these lot numbers. I just bought a 2010 Himalaya myself.

2010 batch

Quote Originally Posted by UNCAlumni2009 View Post
    2010 batch
    Is that positive or negative?

Is that positive or negative?
    I've never sampled a 2010 batch. But the only thing that matters is if you're happy with it or not.

That's a 2010 Batch and I had two bottles from that year. I'm going to be honest with you, GIT was definitely OFF that year. My bottles had near zero sillage and poor longevity. The fragrance was hardly fresh and very harsh to my nose. Now maybe it has Aged for the better and I hope you like the way it smells. The majority of the 2011 batches were fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    That's a 2010 Batch and I had two bottles from that year. I'm going to be honest with you, GIT was definitely OFF that year. My bottles had near zero sillage and poor longevity. The fragrance was hardly fresh and very harsh to my nose. Now maybe it has Aged for the better and I hope you like the way it smells. The majority of the 2011 batches were fantastic.
    I have noticed it doesn`t smell as fresh as my former bottle..

I have noticed it doesn`t smell as fresh as my former bottle..
    Dude If you can exchange it for a 2011 batch then by all means please do so. You will be flabbergasted the difference a year makes.

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Dude If you can exchange it for a 2011 batch then by all means please do so. You will be flabbergasted the difference a year makes.
    Oh I can`t do that.. This is a bottle I got in a swap.

My GIT is the 2008 batch and it is excellent. My SMW is 2007, and it is great as well. I wore 3 sprays of SMW today and it is projecting and holding up well. So, I guess my Creeds are aging a little, but it does not seem to be affecting them at all.

I bought a bottle of GIT from walgreens a while back. im getting it back into my rotation and i just realized it smells very damp. like the initial spray is very cloying and so is the scent after a couple hours. like it just smells really thick. i thought git was suppose to be light and airy. are any of your git smells thick/damp?

Sounds like a good description of my GIT. Very heavy and thick at first. Very fresh but not light and airy at all. maybe youre spraying too much. It is a very strong scent.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Should probably be in the other threads about female compliments but I'm adding it here because this is where the serious GIT lovers hang out. I got a 'you smell really nice' at 5pm after walking past a girl. I applied it at 6:15am when I got dressed. I wouldn't have said it was projecting that much after so many hours but it obviously was. I could still smell it on myself though if I put my wrist to my nose.

I`m (maby) planing to buy a new GIT bottle tomorrow. Are there any signs on the box that show the lot-number? I don`t think the S-A will allow me to open the box and check the bottle..

Oslo,

The sticker that contains the barcode (usually on the bottom of the box) will reference the Lot-number.

If you are worried about batch variation, get one you are happy with, but if they object to you opening before buying, once bought and whilst at the checkout in view of the SA, open it and if the lot per the bottle is different and you wish to exchange, I would be very surprised if he/she objected.

As I am sure you are aware, the 2011 batches for GIT have been very good, and i'm certainly not aware of a bad one.

Good luck, and enjoy! It's a fantastic fragrance.

the 4th and 5th digits of the lot number tells you the year it was made in.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler-durden View Post
    Oslo,

The sticker that contains the barcode (usually on the bottom of the box) will reference the Lot-number.

If you are worried about batch variation, get one you are happy with, but if they object to you opening before buying, once bought and whilst at the checkout in view of the SA, open it and if the lot per the bottle is different and you wish to exchange, I would be very surprised if he/she objected.

As I am sure you are aware, the 2011 batches for GIT have been very good, and i'm certainly not aware of a bad one.

Good luck, and enjoy! It's a fantastic fragrance.
    OK thanks. I thought it was obvious that the bottle inside had the same lot number as the box..
    -Besides, the perfume-shop is very reputable, so I will be surprised to find a 2010 batch.

Anyone recently just order GIT from walgreens? I just ordered mine yesterday and hoping I get a 2011 batch..

Just ordered another from Walgreens too, curious to see what batch I get and how it compares to my first.

Just received today 6/7/2012. Lot: A3211X03. 2011 batch, smells amazing. Only problem is that it came with a very loose cap and was leaking a little bit.. other than that.. good stuff.

Despite the high cost and great quality most of the time, Creed can be maddeningly inconsistent when it comes to quality control. I have made peace with it. I can always just say no.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamest View Post
    Just received today 6/7/2012. Lot: A3211X03. 2011 batch, smells amazing. Only problem is that it came with a very loose cap and was leaking a little bit.. other than that.. good stuff.
    Got the same batch from Walgreens... is this considered the 'good one'?

EDIT: Just sprayed one spray on my neck and it smells totally different than my 2010... smelling it, I think the 2010 may have started out this way, but it's almost gone now and really has none of this green/freshness the 2011 has at the beginning. I wonder if my memory is shady or if the 2010 just never smelled this way.
    Last edited by berfles; 12th June 2012 at 02:19 AM.

Also, can someone explain the deal with the insert in my box that is only written in Arabic? I searched around and saw mention of it but no real explanations. Thought it was kind of odd, especially since the first one I got had an English one in there.

I finally "get" Green Irish Tweed -- and like it a lot. The greatest thing about it is the way it extends and heightens that fresh from the shower feeling for hours.

As a fragrance newbie in 2009 I posted a negative review of GIT. I even thought it smelled like Cool Water. Now I know Cool Water is a cheap, synthetic, sweet and minty scent with a grape Kool-Aid accord. GIT is a more natural smelling fragrance, green herbal, sharp, slightly bitter, driven by verbena and violets. The fragrances do not have any notes in common.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryBuff40 View Post
    I finally "get" Green Irish Tweed -- and like it a lot. The greatest thing about it is the way it extends and heightens that fresh from the shower feeling for hours.

As a fragrance newbie in 2009 I posted a negative review of GIT. I even thought it smelled like Cool Water. Now I know Cool Water is a cheap, synthetic, sweet and minty scent with a grape Kool-Aid accord. GIT is a more natural smelling fragrance, green herbal, sharp, slightly bitter, driven by verbena and violets. The fragrances do not have any notes in common.
    One is like eating at McDonald's and the other is eating at a restaurant that prepares your meal with freshly grown ingredients

Quote Originally Posted by Loud_One View Post
    One is like eating at McDonald's and the other is eating at a restaurant that prepares your meal with freshly grown ingredients
    But either way, someone will walk by you and know that you're eating a burger.

Green Irish Tweed Alert! Gentlemen, GIT is available from Walgreens for only $111.44 for 4 ounces when you use the code JUNE20 (no space) by June 20th! Reports have been that they are shipping the very excellent 2011 batch, although I can make no guarantees.

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanCoyote View Post
    But either way, someone will walk by you and know that you're eating a burger.
    Hahaha.

Green Irish Tweed Alert! Gentlemen, GIT is available from Walgreens for only $111.44 for 4 ounces when you use the code JUNE20 (no space) by June 20th! Reports have been that they are shipping the very excellent 2011 batch, although I can make no guarantees.
    I just placed an order and the code is still valid. Good deal.

I caved and bought the 4oz bottle from Walgreens. One of my favorite scents. I hope I get a good bottle

Just picked up a GIT 2011 x03 batch yesterday. My first GIT, whats your guys opinion for sprays and where? Thanks....

I just got MI and it kinda reminds me of GIT in a way...really different but I guess they come from a similar heritage.

You were 100% correctomundo!!! Thanks for the tip! I just received mine today (A3211X04). The smell is exquiste!! I already have an older batch which is not bad at all (A3210P02)
    My Starting Lineup: MI, Pure Malt, GIT, LIDGE, Clive Christian C, LaNuit, Royal Oud, Aventus, Gucci II, Guerlain Homme Intense, L'Humaniste, VIW, D & G PH, Dior Homme Sport, DHI, Allure Edition Blanche, Bentley Intense, Bois du Portugal. Signature Scent: Bergamote 22/Verdon Au Toilette.

Quote Originally Posted by yteek View Post
    I just got MI and it kinda reminds me of GIT in a way...really different but I guess they come from a similar heritage.
    I know what you mean. I smelled some MI without knowing what it was and guessed it was GIT

It's their basenotes. They are fairly common and only differ in the top notes.

Got my GIT from Walgreens today. Was super enthused with everyone saying how good theirs was. I received batch # A3211X04 & not the 03 everyone was raving about. Just tried mine out, and I'm really disappointed. It's not nearly as fresh as the samples and such I've tried before. Plus the sprayer is leaking a little. Gonna see if it gets any better throughout the day, and I want to see the how longevity and projection are.

Anyone else get this batch?

Quote Originally Posted by mt219 View Post
    Got my GIT from Walgreens today. Was super enthused with everyone saying how good theirs was. I received batch # A3211X04 & not the 03 everyone was raving about. Just tried mine out, and I'm really disappointed. It's not nearly as fresh as the samples and such I've tried before. Plus the sprayer is leaking a little. Gonna see if it gets any better throughout the day, and I want to see the how longevity and projection are.

I got the X02 batch earlier this year. Wasn't as potent as I had hoped. But some people here said it needs some air and time to get better. And it did get better. If you got time give a read to the past 10 pages or so. There's also a way to fix a leaky sprayer somewhere too in previous posts.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Looks like this isn't the most insanely hyped frag anymore.

With Aventus well known now, GIT fans will love being the underdogs again.

Thank you for posting this. I recieved my bottle this week and after two uses I'm very happy with it. It's the 2011 03 batch and I'm especially impressed with it's longevity. It smells so green and fresh in the beginning and continues to put a smile on my face throughout the day.

I ordered a bottle recently from one of those million anonymous perfume sites and got an A3211X03 batch. The smell is absolutely fresh and the violets are breathtakingly sweet and gorgeous. However, it leaks sometimes and the cap is so loose, if I were to turn the bottle upside down, the cap just falls right off. When I first spray on, it smells amazing and seems pretty strong--my major concern is the longevity. Just the other day, I barely got 2 hours before I could not even detect it on my wrist anymore. Another day was a little better and the weird thing is I got an odd whiff almost 8 hours later from where I sprayed on my shirt, after not being able to smell it for hours. This would be the holy grail for me if the longevity were better.

I am just so frustrated with Creed in general. I really love a lot of their fragrances, but who has the time or energy to worry about this ridiculous batch variation problem. Then the fact you are paying so much money and the longevity is in most cases so ridiculously poor. Not to mention the fact they can't even manufacture bottles that don't leak and a cap that fits! Just what is Creed doing?

Quote Originally Posted by jlusk99 View Post
    I ordered a bottle recently from one of those million anonymous perfume sites and got an A3211X03 batch. The smell is absolutely fresh and the violets are breathtakingly sweet and gorgeous. However, it leaks sometimes and the cap is so loose, if I were to turn the bottle upside down, the cap just falls right off. When I first spray on, it smells amazing and seems pretty strong--my major concern is the longevity. Just the other day, I barely got 2 hours before I could not even detect it on my wrist anymore. Another day was a little better and the weird thing is I got an odd whiff almost 8 hours later from where I sprayed on my shirt, after not being able to smell it for hours. This would be the holy grail for me if the longevity were better.

I am just so frustrated with Creed in general. I really love a lot of their fragrances, but who has the time or energy to worry about this ridiculous batch variation problem. Then the fact you are paying so much money and the longevity is in most cases so ridiculously poor. Not to mention the fact they can't even manufacture bottles that don't leak and a cap that fits! Just what is Creed doing?
    They're laughing all the way to the bank at all the people who whine about batch variations yet continue to buy their products.

Well that's just my point UrbanCoyote--despite the fact I really like a lot of their fragrances, I really don't think I'm going to buy them anymore. When you are spending well over a hundred you shouldn't have to worry about all these ridiculous things. Myself and a friend of mine both have a bottle of Millesime Imperial. Mine is from 2010 and his from 2011. There is a quite detectable difference--his is much more melon-y and stronger, mine is salt water with a melon in the background.

I really would love to have a bottle of both Aventus and Silver Mountain Water, but I really hesitate. Am I gonna get a "smoky" batch or a pineapple batch? Will I even get 4 hours of longevity with SMW? It's just all so frustrating!

Has Creed ever publicly addressed their quality control issues other than the ridiculous and laughable excuse that their formulas are so "natural" there is a big variation from batch to batch. From what I understand, Creed is about as synthetic as the next guy, with maybe only a small increase in use of naturals as compared to designer houses.

Step 1. Go to Wal-Mart
    Step 2. Pick up a bottle of Aspen
    Step 3. Pay for it.
    Step 4. You've eliminated a need to overpay for GIT and you have a better product than Cool Water.

Step 5. Basenoters will crucify this notion but snobs will do that at times.
    My top 5 changes like the Tennessee weather.

As a matter of fact, I was just at Walmart yesterday and sprayed some Aspen on my arm. I admit, it was similar to GIT, but to suggest it as a legitimate replacement to the far superior GIT is kind of stretching it. There really is no comparison other than a resemblance. Aspen is probably about as close to real GIT as Primo! was to Giorgio Beverly Hills.

Quote Originally Posted by jlusk99 View Post
    As a matter of fact, I was just at Walmart yesterday and sprayed some Aspen on my arm. I admit, it was similar to GIT, but to suggest it as a legitimate replacement to the far superior GIT is kind of stretching it. There really is no comparison other than a resemblance. Aspen is probably about as close to real GIT as Primo! was to Giorgio Beverly Hills.
    I'm talking bang for the buck it's a great alternative. Not so much a replacement but a better product than Cool Water. Cool Water gets too much of a nod in a possible GIT replacement when the truth is Aspen blows Cool Water away.

Quote Originally Posted by mt219 View Post

I really wish that I hadn’t already ordered from Walgreens a few days before your post. I received my GIT last Thursday and it is indeed the same batch as yours, A3211X04. I knew that it was going to suck because like me, you seem to know what a great batch of GIT smells like; massive projection, sillage, and freshness for at least 2 hours. This batch has none of the sharp, pungent, and fresh smell that I first experienced with my small sample several months ago. I can barely smell this batch.

The grateful part of me says I just paid $118 for a $285 cologne.
    The pragmatic part of me says it smells nearly identical to the $6 bottle of Aspen I purchased at K-mart, lol.

I went to Neiman Marcus last Wednesday to see which batch they had and their tester was the same exact batch number as yours. My stomach got a little queasy. It really did suck. I had just played Creed Roulette and lost. I am seriously considering returning it to Walgreens.

Unfreakingbelievable!

Quote Originally Posted by Style View Post
    I really wish that I hadn’t already ordered from Walgreens a few days before your post. I received my GIT last Thursday and it is indeed the same batch as yours, A3211X04. I knew that it was going to suck because like me, you seem to know what a great batch of GIT smells like; massive projection, sillage, and freshness for at least 2 hours. This batch has none of the sharp, pungent, and fresh smell that I first experienced with my small sample several months ago. I can barely smell this batch.

The pragmatic part of me says it smells nearly identical to the $6 bottle of Aspen I purchased at K-mart, lol.

I went to Neiman Marcus last Wednesday to see which batch they had and their tester was the same exact batch number as yours. My stomach got a little queasy. It really did suck. I had just played Creed Roulette and lost. I am seriously considering returning it to Walgreens.

Unfreakingbelievable!
    i ended up returning mine. just wasn't worth it to me to hang on to.

Unfreakingbelievable!

I've been preaching that Aspen is the best way to go. Creed once again proving to be entirely overrated.

That the beauty of a return policy. send it back and try again from somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by UKisGR8 View Post
    I've been preaching that Aspen is the best way to go. Creed once again proving to be entirely overrated.
    I understand your point of view, but IMO a great batch of GIT is worth the price I paid. To my nose, it is superior to CW, Aspen and Chez Bond (I have a sample). Heck, I paid $89 for 100ml of Bleu de Chanel, but I receive much better feedback from GIT.

I sampled GIT twice before finally pulling the trigger. The Creed rep gave me one of those little plastic sprayers (1ml?) back in February and I was able to get 2 full wearings out of it. It was amazing. Women were looking at me like I was George Clooney. I remember walking around with this stuff projecting in what seemed like a 30ft/10m radius and thinking to myself “those basenotes guys weren’t lying.”

Being the horny bastard that I am, I went back a month later to the same Creed rep and politely asked for another sample. She obliged but it was obviously not the same batch. It was much weaker with no projection and no love from the ladies. I only purchased this bottle from Walgreens because people said they had received a good batch.

So the search continues…

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by papillo View Post
    That the beauty of a return policy. send it back and try again from somewhere else
    Yeah, I’m definitely going to take it back this week. I always feel a little guilty returning a fragrance that I have used, but I feel that I deserve a quality product.

I forgot to mention some things about my bottle:

1. The cap was loose but not falling off.
    2. The sprayer was already primed. Juice came out the first push.
    3. I don’t believe that it was a used bottle since I tried the flashlight trick and it was filled to the brim of the flask.
    4. After I sprayed it the bottle began to leak profusely.
    5. After I put the cap off and on several times, the bottle stopped leaking.
    6. Now when I push the sprayer once, two sprays come out. Poof Poof.

I think I was sent a bi-polar bottle.

What's everyone's opinion on the 2011 04 batch?

I understand your point of view, but IMO a great batch of GIT is worth the price I paid. To my nose, it is superior to CW, Aspen and Chez Bond (I have a sample). Heck, I paid $89 for 100ml of Bleu de Chanel, but I receive much better feedback from GIT.

I sampled GIT twice before finally pulling the trigger. The Creed rep gave me one of those little plastic sprayers (1ml?) back in February and I was able to get 2 full wearings out of it. It was amazing. Women were looking at me like I was George Clooney. I remember walking around with this stuff projecting in what seemed like a 30ft/10m radius and thinking to myself “those basenotes guys weren’t lying.”

Being the horny bastard that I am, I went back a month later to the same Creed rep and politely asked for another sample. She obliged but it was obviously not the same batch. It was much weaker with no projection and no love from the ladies. I only purchased this bottle from Walgreens because people said they had received a good batch.

So the search continues…

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I’m definitely going to take it back this week. I always feel a little guilty returning a fragrance that I have used, but I feel that I deserve a quality product.

I forgot to mention some things about my bottle:

1. The cap was loose but not falling off.
    2. The sprayer was already primed. Juice came out the first push.
    3. I don’t believe that it was a used bottle since I tried the flashlight trick and it was filled to the brim of the flask.
    4. After I sprayed it the bottle began to leak profusely.
    5. After I put the cap off and on several times, the bottle stopped leaking.
    6. Now when I push the sprayer once, two sprays come out. Poof Poof.

I think I was sent a bi-polar bottle.
    Those are definite grounds for a return, it appears the leak may have allowed air to get in. Gotta put in the time to get a good batch, because as you know, it's worth it.

Aspen my ass.

I have a 4oz 98% full green irish tweed from walgreens ordered in mid-june. It's an amazing batch, lot: A3211X03 for a 95%+ full 3.3 Bond No 9 Chez Bond for trade! mesage me or email me at mrplee4@gmail.com thank you. (i apologize earlier in advance, I don't know why I cannot post in swap).

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamest View Post
    I have a 4oz 98% full green irish tweed from walgreens ordered in mid-june. It's an amazing batch, lot: A3211X03 for a 95%+ full 3.3 Bond No 9 Chez Bond for trade! mesage me or email me at mrplee4@gmail.com thank you. (i apologize earlier in advance, I don't know why I cannot post in swap).
    You need 500 posts to post there. I'm in the same boat.

I think there definitely is something to the fact that Creeds need some time after exposure to air to mature. I got my bottle about a month ago (an 11X03). It smelled fantastic at first, but my longevity was quite poor. The last two wears I have gotten nearly 8 hours with about 3-4 of good projection. I can still smell it easily on my arm and clothes after 8 hours. At first I was barely getting 2-3 hours. Now if only I didn't have a crappy, leaky sprayer and a useless cap.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

G.I.T. is so refreshing on these hot, humid, New York City Summer days.

I sprayed literally 1 spray of GIT yesterday and got a "wow somebody smells like MAN" when I got.to work an hour later. These 2011 batches, after theyve had some time to macerate - are effing BEAST. I got about 4 hrs of steady projection before it settled down to a closer skin scent. Longevity around 12+ now, but verrry close to skin after 4 hrs.