Code of Conduct
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

Quote Originally Posted by songbyanon View Post
    Dailey / All,

Here's my 2 pennies worth on batch A3211X01...

Ordered mine 2 weeks ago from cheapsmells.com. Bottle was legit (as you'd expect from cheapsmells) and was originally destined to live under more arabian skies, with the arabic information leaflet etc.. (again, more or less expected with discounted online stock). Initial impressions were pretty good, with the same quality opening that I had with my previous 2 bottles, which were both from house of fraser (i don't have the batch #s for these unfortunately). The issue for me is with the longevity of the juice... It's been a while since I had the previous 2 bottles, but with those I remember getting up to 6 or 7 hours of projection, often waking up in the morning and still being able to smell it. With this batch, I can barely smell it after 2 or 3 hours, unless I sniff very close to my skin...

Now trying to decide whether or not to send mine back. Has anyone else had this batch?

Cheers
    Never tried that batch but 2-3 hours does not seem value for money.
    Last edited by lincoln; 15th March 2013 at 09:17 AM.

I havent been following the whole GIT batch issues/variations. Anyway, I found a tester for sell at Scented Monkey I may buy. Would this be a smart move? I have never bought from them so no sure about their stock and how it would relate to any GIT batch issues. Thanks

For those of you who have received the a3212 batches, is the box still practically all white or is the gold emblem and lettering on it? Also, I've seen that the foreign destined creeds sometimes have the batch number engraved on the back of the bottle with the words "toilet water pgs" also engraved with it. Is the lot number for your 2012 bottles on the back lip of the bottle or is it engraved along with the ingredients and toilet water pgs right on the back? I'm interested in obtaining one of these a3212 batches, but my experience with the "toilet water variants" hasn't been pleasant. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

I had the impression that the batch issues only related to Aventus..

Although this is in now way representative of all creeds, my two most recent green irish tweeds varied considerably in terms of longevity, however, they smelled the exact same. It is not a fair assumption for me to say that the white box creeds are "weaker" than those with gold accents, but the only bottle I have ever had issues with was a bottle seemingly destined for the Middle East which was the only white box I have had
    Last edited by nstall; 15th March 2013 at 02:25 AM.

Interesting to compare notes... The box of mine doesn't have the gold accents. Do Creed use different packaging for stock that's going to the Middle East? I suppose this is fairly academic, but it is still interesting.... at least to me!

treeman5823

Lalalala

just got an a02 decant, really good, it wowed me at first because it was my first time trying git
    testing for longevity (creeds usually dont last long on my skin)

Recently bought a 4 oz bottle off eBay for $108. It was a bit risky without having heard anything about this seller, but I'm glad I took the risk. An excellent deal on an excellent batch (X04).

The seller was gift_station, for those who are interested.

This week I received my first Creed fragrance, a GIT bought in FragranceX, however I was worried with the box that is made from a poor quality paper, like a recycled paper and the cap doesn't fix very well on the bottle, Could you guys say if it's fake??

IMG_3426.jpgIMG_3427.jpgIMG_3429.jpgIMG_3430.jpgIMG_3431.jpgIMG_3432.jpgIMG_3433.jpgIMG_3434.jpgIMG_3435.jpgIMG_3436.jpgIMG_3437.jpgIMG_3438.jpgIMG_3439.jpgIMG_3440.jpgIMG_3442.jpg
    Last edited by ekobo; 30th March 2013 at 01:14 AM.

^ Never bought from them but I believe FragranceX is a legit grey market fragrance website so you are ok.

Basenotes Member

FragranceX is 100% legit, and they do not sell counterfeits. Enjoy your bottle buddy, it is authentic for sure.

Your bottle it legit.

The engraving looks kinda funky on the back of that bottle. As long as it smells right though...

Thanks for the answers!!

Just got mine from creeds site and its the 2010 batch? I thought they would give the me the most recent one? Does it get better with more use "fresher", or ill return it.
    Top 5

1. Givenchy Play Intense by Givenchy

2. Invasion Barbare by MDCI

3. Green Irish Tweed by Creed

4. Rive Gauche Pour Homme by YSL

5. Gendarme

6. Jazz Prestige by YSL

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by claytonmarionneaux View Post
    Just got mine from creeds site and its the 2010 batch? I thought they would give the me the most recent one? Does it get better with more use "fresher", or ill return it.
    Ah, that sucks man. I would think that Creed would sell more recent batches than the discount retailers. I would definitely send it back.

Quote Originally Posted by jal3223 View Post
    Ah, that sucks man. I would think that Creed would sell more recent batches than the discount retailers. I would definitely send it back.
    Yeah, I'm surprised. When I got mine from Fragrancent, my batch was just from the previous year. I thought the Creed Boutique web site would send the latest batches.

If you return it then the next one they send you will smell exactly the same. Dont waste your time.

But everybody says that's the worst batch, and I had a 2011 batch sample and it smelled way fresher

- - - Updated - - -

I'm waiting for Creed's response
    Top 5

5. Gendarme

6. Jazz Prestige by YSL

But everybody says that's the worst batch, and I had a 2011 batch sample and it smelled way fresher

- - - Updated - - -

I'm waiting for Creed's response
    Everybody who? Creed is going to tell you to return it so they can try to make you as happy as possible.

On every page all im seeing is the 2010 batch is the worst, and I can see what they are saying because I had a 2011 batch and it was way more fresher and potent.

- - - Updated - - -

I cant return my GIT great! Anyone actually like the 2010 batch lol? It smells good but the longevity is bad
    Top 5

5. Gendarme

6. Jazz Prestige by YSL

Basenotes Member

On every page all im seeing is the 2010 batch is the worst, and I can see what they are saying because I had a 2011 batch and it was way more fresher and potent.

- - - Updated - - -

I cant return my GIT great! Anyone actually like the 2010 batch lol? It smells good but the longevity is bad
    Did they actually tell you that couldn't return it? That seems strange coming from such a high end establishment. If you are not happy you should call and speak with a supervisor. Especially if you just received the bottle.

I already sprayed it before I checked the batch number which was dumb, I was in the moment. You cant return used products
    Top 5

5. Gendarme

6. Jazz Prestige by YSL

This thread has 16 pages.

No fragrance is worth working this hard for.

Am I allowed to say I don't like GIT? I have a bottle and the times I pushed myself to wear it I regreted. Humpf..

Quote Originally Posted by Duver View Post
    Am I allowed to say I don't like GIT? I have a bottle and the times I pushed myself to wear it I regreted. Humpf..

You could always send it to me.

I took a chance on purchasing a bottle through Amazon (sold by Amazon). It is my second bottle of GIT. I'm 100% certain the fragrance is real, however the quality of the fragrance is incredibly poor compared to my first bottle. It is extremely weak, with no projection to speak of and less than 90 minutes of skin life before I can barely detect it with my nose against my skin. I emailed Amazon requesting an exchange, and less than 3 hours later received an email stating that a full refund was issued. The lot number of the bottle is A3212A02. It was nice to see Amazon stand behind their products and offer a full refund, no questions asked.
    Current Favorites - Creed Green Irish Tweed, Costume National Homme, Hanae Mori HiM EDP, Chanel Platinum Egoiste

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Freeze View Post
    I took a chance on purchasing a bottle through Amazon (sold by Amazon). It is my second bottle of GIT. I'm 100% certain the fragrance is real, however the quality of the fragrance is incredibly poor compared to my first bottle. It is extremely weak, with no projection to speak of and less than 90 minutes of skin life before I can barely detect it with my nose against my skin. I emailed Amazon requesting an exchange, and less than 3 hours later received an email stating that a full refund was issued. The lot number of the bottle is A3212A02. It was nice to see Amazon stand behind their products and offer a full refund, no questions asked.
    I have the same batch from a different source and it is the best I have ever smelled. Maybe you are suffering from nose fatigue by burying your nose in your arm constantly because I get 6-8 hours + every single time. This is the fourth batch that I have had tried and by far the best in terms if smell (they were all good). The longevity was good with all of them, but the two 2012 batches that I've tried are the most vibrant especially in the basenotes. Unless there were some serious storage issues by Amazon, I would hate to let this batch go. Just my opinion.
    It is good to hear that Amazon refunded your money since you weren't happy though.
    Last edited by jal3223; 17th April 2013 at 04:28 PM.

I have A03 and it is worlds apart from the crappy 2010 batch I've had. I agree that the 2012 batches smell excellent so far.

Quote Originally Posted by jal3223 View Post
    I have the same batch from a different source and it is the best I have ever smelled. Maybe you are suffering from nose fatigue by burying your nose in your arm constantly because I get 6-8 hours + every single time. This is the fourth batch that I have had tried and by far the best in terms if smell (they were all good). The longevity was good with all of them, but the two 2012 batches that I've tried are the most vibrant especially in the basenotes. Unless there were some serious storage issues by Amazon, I would hate to let this batch go. Just my opinion.
    It is good to hear that Amazon refunded your money since you weren't happy though.
    It isn't nose fatigue. I tested this for five days before deciding to contact amazon. It is incomparable with my first bottle, which was complex and beautiful throughout every phase of development.
    Current Favorites - Creed Green Irish Tweed, Costume National Homme, Hanae Mori HiM EDP, Chanel Platinum Egoiste

Strange, i have A02 batch as well and its the best GIT ive ever smelled. I get 8 hours + easily and the violet is gorgeous.

GIT is the most frustrating scent. Was in Nods today and tried it from the tester. It was a 2011 batch and it was flat, weak with little to no projection. Pisses me off so bad....had it a few yes ago and it was clearly my most complimented scent and was so fresh, violet and had monster projection. I have Chez Bond and I enjoy it but its not the same.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The Official GIT thread, you say?
    OK... then this is where I can officially state that I tried it at Neiman Marcus in Chi town, and found it highly overrated, to say the least.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteve View Post
    The Official GIT thread, you say?
    OK... then this is where I can officially state that I tried it at Neiman Marcus in Chi town, and found it highly overrated, to say the least.
    It's ok not to like GIT, but honestly, take into consideration you have smelled an 'off' version of it, because I myself smelled one and thought it was horrible and could not be compared to the true GIT.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Does anybody know anything about this batch - S3218P01? It is what an ebay seller has on offer. I am not too sure what year this is from. Shouldn't the part that is 18 be the year?

I have a really weird lot number for my GIT, not sure if Creed changed their lot codes. The lot number is LT: 3213Q02, REF code: 1112032
    If I'm reading this right, that's 32 = GIT, 13 = 2013, Q02 = summer?
    I'm thinking his shouldn't be a pre-2007 because none of the numbers match up.

Anyways, see below:
    IMG_20131203_215546.jpg
    IMG_20131203_215735.jpg

I bought this off Amazon. Can anyone else chime in on this? Initial spray seems to be similar but I've only had decants in the past.
    Thanks!

(Above guy, yDNA, ^^^^ thats 2013.)

Im about to send back a tester from FragranceNet I was sent.

Lot# C3210F01
    Gave me a headache last night, it was so strong to start, didnt smell green, or lemon, or fresh. It smelled like an alcohol blast, then faded to the typical GIT smoothness after 1 hour, then in 2 hours it was gone, only very faint wafts of it. Girlfriend had to get her nose on my skin to smell it.

This is a big difference from the sample I purchased from theperfumedcourt.
    That was great, and got me to take a shot at the tester.

Anyone have experience buying testers from FragranceNet?
    It seems this bottle is about 4 years old AND from a questionable year.

Im beginning to wonder if the 2010's are so bad to the point where no one can get rid of them, and they're sold uber cheap as testers.
    Are they sending out 2011+ batches in the regular retail boxes?
    Anyone getting testers from them in 2011 and 2012? Im wondering if I just had a bad draw.

So, this is a word of warning to those buying testers from FragranceNet, 2010's are still in circulation.

Quote Originally Posted by berfles View Post
    Thanks.

Still kind of curious about my batch... if this is a "bad" one I wonder what a "good" one smells like.

*shrugs*
    Dude that box if fake .

Quote Originally Posted by noirtomford View Post
    Dude that box if fake .
    Can you tell us how you can tell the box is a fake? Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Also I apologize if this question has been covered but how do we know that Creed sold in the middle east has Arabic writting? Is this an assumption that we continue to make or has some of our middle eastern members confirmed this? If this is true why would Creed products destined for the States be in English etc....

What year is my GIT the batch code is A3210K02

Quote Originally Posted by catlettsl View Post
    Can you tell us how you can tell the box is a fake? Thanks

Is fake because fake boxes only says Millesime the legit box has the Creed Logo .Trust me I got a fake Creed on Ebay same box.I went to NM to see if was fake and they told was fake . You can get those frags at any store at the malls for 130.00

What year is my GIT the batch code is A3210K02

Fragrancenet. Legit, reliable products. I'm not into the whole batch thing.

Is fake because fake boxes only says Millesime the legit box has the Creed Logo .Trust me I got a fake Creed on Ebay same box.I went to NM to see if was fake and they told was fake . You can get those frags at any store at the malls for 130.00
    That's not true.

Can I ask a serious question:

What's the appeal of GIT?

I sampled it on a card at Neaman's, and it reminded me of grass by a pond behind a pub. GIT smells like the fresh outdoors... but why would anyone want to smell like grass? Maybe I should've wore it and let it open up, but I couldn't wrap my mind around why anyone would want to smell like grass and water.

Then again, I used to think smelling like campfire meant you were dirty... and here I am falling in love with smokey scents!

The stix part of Canada Eatern Ontario though I was born in T.O and grew up in Richmond Hill

I would suggest contacting the House Of creed and asking them if the seller you are buying from is an authentic seller. I am not going to make any claims as to whether or not the seller you got your bottle from is selling authentic Green Irish Tweed or not but I would have to question how some of the sellers can manage to sell at roughly half to almost a third of what the Creed website sells for. Sure there are deals to be found but I have also bought from sellers on ebay claiming to be authentic sellers which it was easy to determine it was no way near as good as the real shnizzle. I learned my lesson. If I can't smell it first then I'm not buying it. The fakes cost too much to waste and why support people who are ripping off trademarks and duping the public. (again I am not making any claims about your seller or your particular purchase). There are a few deals to be found.

Got a sample of GIT the other day. It was one of those, "Oh, THIS is what that guy wears all the time."

It's okay from a distance but up close it kinda smells like salty sweat.

Not a fan.

I'm sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I am new around here and just have a quick question.

Could someone please tell me what year this batch code is from?

A3212A03

Quote Originally Posted by scotch06 View Post
    I'm sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I am new around here and just have a quick question.

Could someone please tell me what year this batch code is from?

A3212A03
    2012...fourth and 5th digits represent the year.
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Navyy8 View Post
    2012...fourth and 5th digits represent the year.

Thank you very much.

Ok. I've been wearing this from two different batches pretty regularly for about a month now. I like the smell but I have to say in a little disappointed in how gong it last. 4 hours or so and it seems unnoticeable on my skin and faint on my clothes. Very expensive to disappear that quick.
    Using Tapatalk

The GIT I got from fragrancenet last year was a brand new 2013 batch. Very good stuff!!!

Quote Originally Posted by USAFammo9 View Post
    The GIT I got from fragrancenet last year was a brand new 2013 batch. Very good stuff!!!
    Same here. I got my GIT in Summer 2012 and I get pretty good projection and longevity. I'm happy with it.

I am in need of a new bottle and am at the spot most of us face. Buy it for $155 at fragrancenet or pay the $330 and get from Creed. Last time I got it at walgreens.com, it was ok but not as good as I had hoped. What to do??

Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing View Post
    I am in need of a new bottle and am at the spot most of us face. Buy it for $155 at fragrancenet or pay the $330 and get from Creed. Last time I got it at walgreens.com, it was ok but not as good as I had hoped. What to do??
    Why would you pay the $330 from Creed instead of $155 from Fragrancenet? And, I just got a legit (tester) bottle for $119 shipped, so it can be had for even cheaper than $155.
    Last edited by cwill; 21st February 2014 at 08:23 PM.

No doubt. Buy it from Frangrancenet. duh

Quote Originally Posted by Loud_One View Post
    No doubt. Buy it from Frangrancenet. duh
    I guess the fear of fakes and weak batches was on my mind.