Code of Conduct
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Results 961 to 1,020 of 1122

Default Re: The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

Quote Originally Posted by cwill View Post
    Why would you pay the $330 from Creed instead of $155 from Fragrancenet? And, I just got a legit (tester) bottle for $119 shipped, so it can be had for even cheaper than $155.
    20% is the biggest discount I've seen on that site.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardKing View Post
    I guess the fear of fakes and weak batches was on my mind.
    No need to worry about fakes from Fragrancenet. They're a legitimate business.

I apologize for being rude. Please accept. Code NA4VD gives 21% off with free shipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scentiments is also a reputable online retailer. GIT can be had for $140.24 there.
    Last edited by Loud_One; 22nd February 2014 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loud_One View Post
    I apologize for being rude. Please accept. Code NA4VD gives 21% off with free shipping.

No apology needed. I didn't take it as a rude comment but thank you.

Did anyone wear GIT today?

Anyone have experience with the T01 batch from 2013?

I have a few observations about GIT.

I applied it yesterday morning and got the distinctive green note the whole day. That night, I reapplied it because I was going out. Strangely enough, the green note was there at the opening, but on dry down it was almost completely gone! The sweet aquatic-type smell (like Cool Water) was dominant. Two applications, the same day, from the same sample bottle, different smells.

Has anyone ever experienced this? I found it a bit odd, but interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    I have a few observations about GIT.

I applied it yesterday morning and got the distinctive green note the whole day. That night, I reapplied it because I was going out. Strangely enough, the green note was there at the opening, but on dry down it was almost completely gone! The sweet aquatic-type smell (like Cool Water) was dominant. Two applications, the same day, from the same sample bottle, different smells.

Has anyone ever experienced this? I found it a bit odd, but interesting.

It's a fickle beast for me. I haven't had a consistent bottle in years.

My bottle of GIT eventually loses it's green note that I love so much and only a salty metallic smell is left behind. So I don't think it's just your bottle that does this tensor9.
    Top 10:
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Creed Himalaya
    Creed Silver Mountain Water
    Creed Royal Oud
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
    Tom Ford Italian Cypress
    Bleu de Chanel
    Serge Lutens Chergui
    Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Loud_One View Post
    Scentiments is also a reputable online retailer. GIT can be had for $140.24 there.
    Just checked. It looks like the best deal around so far. Even the cheaper GITs are sold out at other online retailers. But I'll happily pay some extra knowing I can get legit GIT from scentiments.

Quote Originally Posted by DAX View Post
    Anyone have experience with the T01 batch from 2013?
    Hi got the T01 batch, longevity is 4-5hours which i think is less but smells goods.

Quote Originally Posted by Odin View Post
    Just checked. It looks like the best deal around so far. Even the cheaper GITs are sold out at other online retailers. But I'll happily pay some extra knowing I can get legit GIT from scentiments.
    It's a good deal, but not the best around. A 4oz bottle can be had for $127 and free shipping at BeautyEncounter.com. The sale ends tomorrow.

Go to: http://www.beautyencounter.com/buy/c...IRISH42/128182

Add the 4 oz bottle of GIT to your cart. Use coupon code SCENTDAY25 and click Apply. Enter your zip code and hit Apply. The total will now be $127.60.
    Last edited by Loud_One; 24th March 2014 at 09:45 PM.

Ok, since I'm a chemist, I had to do a LITTLE bit of experimenting. (No, I didn't run it through a GC or take the world's most nightmarish NMR.)

I just added water. Put some on your hand (or wherever you like). Let it dry down and lose the green note, if that happens to you. Then go put a little water on area to which the fragrance was applied. BOOM, the green comes right back out! I tried this on a piece of paper as well, with similar results. It was 100% only sweet aquatic(ish), I moistened the paper, and the green returns, like watering a plant.

Try it.

Anyone have the a3213p02 batch? Just got mine in from BeautyEncounter today but can't find any info on it.

After about 15 years I have fallen out of love with GIT. Just does not ring my bells like it used to. So I sold it off. I have found that I am not very loyal when it comes to scents. When I get tired of them, off they go.

I'm like you Chuck. I change frequently. Lately I've been layering Aventus with Tuscan Leather. Sublime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by astar View Post
    Hi got the T01 batch, longevity is 4-5hours which i think is less but smells goods.
    Same here. I just received the T01 batch from Fragrancenet. I've only to try it out once. Upon initial sprays (4), I definitely get a much more "green" scent than my 10ml decant I bought. I am unsure what batch the decant is but overall performance with the decant is extremely poor. I can detect only 4-5 hours of longevity. Projection is very short lived as well. The scent is also more florals than green. Definitely not a Parfum.

The T01 bottle gives off an immediate green blast. this is strong. this is the GIT i know. As of this writing (4 hours), the T01 is still going strong, and my wife keeps telling me she is getting sillage from me. I look forward to wearing this more often. Especially during the warmer weather.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    After about 15 years I have fallen out of love with GIT. Just does not ring my bells like it used to. So I sold it off. I have found that I am not very loyal when it comes to scents. When I get tired of them, off they go.
    Any specific reason, i.e. tired of the scent, longevity....? I noticed your thread the other day, and wondered what happened. The big question is, what will you be replacing it with? Those are some big shoes to fill.

Out of curiosity, how often did you wear GIT? I wonder if I'll ever tire of it.
    Top 10:
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Creed Himalaya
    Creed Silver Mountain Water
    Creed Royal Oud
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
    Tom Ford Italian Cypress
    Bleu de Chanel
    Serge Lutens Chergui
    Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense

What year is my GIT the batch code is A3211u02 ?

^^ year 2011

Just got the 13 T01 batch, it's potent and lasts about 6-9 hours. Very good batch for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Just got the 13 T01 batch, it's potent and lasts about 6-9 hours. Very good batch for sure.
    i agree got this one and it smells really good.

i agree got this one and it smells really good.
    It's a grey market GIT that starts with an S, I have to check it when I get home. What is your exact lot #

Default The Official Creed Green Irish Tweed thread!

Last edited by Loud_One; 8th April 2014 at 03:36 AM.

Hey Guys...loooooong time lurker.
    Creed seems to be my favorite by-far and I own 6 types to date.

All were bought by reputable sellers...BUT!!

I just (20 mins) ago, recieved my first 'discount' purchase from fragrancenet... GIT (to replace old bottle that is bone empty) and here I am LOL.

So the batch number SEEMS to match up with others from 2013 > A32B13T01... The box itself looks and awful lot like my genuine box from 3 or 4 years ago., The card is a full size card, meaning the folded side is equal to the front... unlike the card in my old box, the seams on top of bottle seem OK.
    The info sheet is with several language sections.

The issue is the sprayer is short and the plastic under the sprayer look fishy/light almost cheap... Everything else seems to be 'normal'.
    It smells OK, but being a former smoker, my smelling is admittedly not the best.

You all know your stuff so I wont do a side-by-side, however I will upload the pics of the new box, ANY comments would be great, so I know some real aficionados opinions of what I recieved/should do.

20140425_105427.jpg 20140425_105006.jpg
    20140425_104949.jpg 20140425_105410.jpg
    20140425_105144.jpg 20140425_105030.jpg

^^
    thanks so much guys.
    Last edited by mastafunk; 25th April 2014 at 04:31 PM. Reason: allowed to attach now

^ your bottle is authentic. Creed have recently changed their atomizers. If you look through the last few pages of the Aventus batch numbers thread you'll see pictures and reports of the new sprayers. No need to worry.

Whew...I love Creed, But also love Money that isn't wasted.

Thank you sir, I will indeed read that thread.

Regards Brother

I always thought that all this batch stuff was silly, that was until now. I got curious and figured I'd investigate with my two bottles. Batch number A3213P02 and my back up bottle number SO3213TG1. The first is much stronger and smells better than my back up. Has anyone ever seen or heard off this second bottle number of before? Seems quite different from most others?

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    ^ your bottle is authentic. Creed have recently changed their atomizers. If you look through the last few pages of the Aventus batch numbers thread you'll see pictures and reports of the new sprayers. No need to worry.
    JiveHippo speaks the truth. I too was in your shoes with the different atomizer. It startled me so I sent it back for an exchange, however I know that it was in fact authentic. The original atomizer does spray a lot better though!

I wonder whether the new atomiser gives less juice per spray than the generous amount that the original version delivers.

Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    I wonder whether the new atomiser gives less juice per spray than the generous amount that the original version delivers.
    Relatively the same amount. Maybe a slight amount less. It doesn't leave the bottle nearly as graciously though, same with the pull of the trigger, much less luxurious

I agree nkelly, it seems a little 'ho-hum' compared to my other bottles. Seems as if I had to do 3 sprays to get my usual effect. less gracious is a great way to explain it.

I just got a 14 batch from fragrancenet... It smells very very green. So green that it seems to be drowning out that verbana and violet opening that I so loved from my sampler. It then goes to that coolwater/sweet scent and fades after a couple hours. Anyone else have feedback on 14 batches?

Basenotes Member

I also just got the T01 batch and I definitely feel the longevity is weaker than other GIT's batches I've worn. Also, in my opinion this batch doesn't have that smooth green verbana note in the drydown as much. I get a mostly salty metallic note on the drydown.

Quote Originally Posted by CT3 View Post
    Any specific reason, i.e. tired of the scent, longevity....? I noticed your thread the other day, and wondered what happened. The big question is, what will you be replacing it with? Those are some big shoes to fill.

Out of curiosity, how often did you wear GIT? I wonder if I'll ever tire of it.
    I'd wear it maybe once every two months or so. I had a great bottle about 10 years ago, but I have not found one to match it. If I did, I might still be wearing it. I'm sure I will eventually buy it again. It used to be my holy grail. Based on the smell of the best bottles, it's probably still my all-time fave. I grew tired of wearing a less than stellar bottle of it.

Default 2014 Creed GIT batches?

Anyone have them and if so what are your opinions so far? I somehow ended up with a super new batch from fragrancenet. it's lot # A3214A01. To me it seems so very green. It's the most greenest GIT I've ever smelled. it's almost as if the scent of chopped grass is drowning out the other notes. After about an hour of wear it dries down to that ambergris softer sweeter scent that I really love but then seems to be gone altogether by hour 3. Anyone else have experience with this batch or perhaps any other 2014 batches? Am i going crazy or is this batch a bit off. I hate the idea of having to shelve this for a year to mature like a wine. I want quality control ! Is this too much to ask for when you are paying over a hundred buck for a parfum?

Default Re: 2014 Creed GIT batches?

I have batch a3213t01 and I love the way it smells. I just ordered mine from fragrancenet a couple weeks ago. I might be in the minority, but I think it's interesting the scent takes in different smells with every bottle.

I think when you're using natural ingredients like this, sometimes things happen in creation which might create the impression of a different smell. I'm just guessing though so don't take what I say too serious.

This is my first whole bottle so I can only go by memory and my batch smells exactly like I remember it from the samples.

Default 2014 Creed GIT batches?

Anyone have any feedback on 2014 batches?

No, but I can't wait to find out

Well I can give you feedback on my batch #A3214A01. It seems to be very aggressively green at the opening, so green that it seems to drown out the verbana and violet then it fades to the coolwater with ambergrs like drydown then fades into obsurity after 3 hours. It is leaving me a bit confused. i was just wondering if others are experiencing this.

Also, i got this from fragrancenet for half the price of what it'd cost in the boutique. What are the chances of fragrancenet having such a new batch?

I confuse!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cwu View Post
    I also just got the T01 batch and I definitely feel the longevity is weaker than other GIT's batches I've worn. Also, in my opinion this batch doesn't have that smooth green verbana note in the drydown as much. I get a mostly salty metallic note on the drydown.
    That's funny because I definitely get the green note in the dry own with this batch, also, my bottle is very potent and lasts at least 8 hours for me. After that it stays close to the skin but I can still smell it after that

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchem85 View Post
    I have batch a3213t01 and I love the way it smells. I just ordered mine from fragrancenet a couple weeks ago. I might be in the minority, but I think it's interesting the scent takes in different smells with every bottle.

I think when you're using natural ingredients like this, sometimes things happen in creation which might create the impression of a different smell. I'm just guessing though so don't take what I say too serious.

This is my first whole bottle so I can only go by memory and my batch smells exactly like I remember it from the samples.

I think you definitely have a point. These are like fine single barrel whiskeys and they differ from barrel to barrel. it happens but overall it's always a fine luxury product. I just like the verbana and violet notes very much and hope as this batch settles it will give off those fine aromas. I can say this. That it is smelling less green today after a few sprays. Perhaps it is true as they say after a few uses oxygen gets into the bottle helping to unlock all the fine aroma. Over time I have faith in this batch. It does smell extremely natural that's for sure.

Dude, you've asked this same question in 3 different threads now...

Hi!
    We'll merge this thread with the existing GIT thread.
    Thanks!

edit

Sorry if I come off like an idiot on here guys. The problem is that i have this 2014 batch of creed and I am starting to realize it smells very off. I can smell no ambergris in the drydown and it is super super green at the top. Plus after examining the bottle it looks very real but the back of the box is where i notice spelling errors and no mention of ambregris infusions,

I wonder if this is just misspelling from the factory and no mention of ambergris as it may no longer be in the formula or if this infarct just a fake.

This is why I was hoping that someone has feedback on new batches of GIT.

Please someone help!!! thanks,

and sorry for polluting this thread with what seems to be the same question over and over again. You guys are experts and i'm just a noob trying to figure this out. perhaps I should have just went to neiman marcus...

You've been posting about the same bottle of GIT for the past week now. First, you said the ambergris drydown only lasted two hours...

Quote Originally Posted by ShaverX View Post
    Anyone have them and if so what are your opinions so far? I somehow ended up with a super new batch from fragrancenet. it's lot # A3214A01. To me it seems so very green. It's the most greenest GIT I've ever smelled. it's almost as if the scent of chopped grass is drowning out the other notes. After about an hour of wear it dries down to that ambergris softer sweeter scent that I really love but then seems to be gone altogether by hour 3. Anyone else have experience with this batch or perhaps any other 2014 batches? Am i going crazy or is this batch a bit off. I hate the idea of having to shelve this for a year to mature like a wine. I want quality control ! Is this too much to ask for when you are paying over a hundred buck for a parfum?
    Well I can give you feedback on my batch #A3214A01. It seems to be very aggressively green at the opening, so green that it seems to drown out the verbana and violet then it fades to the coolwater with ambergrs like drydown then fades into obsurity after 3 hours. It is leaving me a bit confused. i was just wondering if others are experiencing this.

Also, i got this from fragrancenet for half the price of what it'd cost in the boutique. What are the chances of fragrancenet having such a new batch?

I confuse!!!

...and now you're saying you don't smell any ambergris at all...

Sorry if I come off like an idiot on here guys. The problem is that i have this 2014 batch of creed and I am starting to realize it smells very off. I can smell no ambergris in the drydown and it is super super green at the top. Plus after examining the bottle it looks very real but the back of the box is where i notice spelling errors and no mention of ambregris infusions,

I wonder if this is just misspelling from the factory and no mention of ambergris as it may no longer be in the formula or if this infarct just a fake.

and sorry for polluting this thread with what seems to be the same question over and over again. You guys are experts and i'm just a noob trying to figure this out. perhaps I should have just went to neiman marcus...

Bottom line: There's no real point in asking others for their feedback on your GIT batch if you already don't like it to begin with. If you're unhappy or otherwise uncomfortable with your purchase, it's best to simply return it and buy a new bottle from somewhere else.
    Last edited by caferacer; 4th May 2014 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    You've been posting about the same bottle of GIT for the past week now. First, you said the ambergris drydown only lasted two hours...

...and now you're saying you don't smell any ambergris at all...

Bottom line: There's no real point in asking others for their feedback on your GIT batch if you already don't like it to begin with. If you're unhappy or otherwise uncomfortable with your purchase, it's best to simply return it and buy a new bottle from somewhere else.

The more time I spend with this particular bottle the more i realize that I am not smelling the ambergris. It is something sweet and amber like but it's not the ambergris drydown of my sample batch.

Ya, i guess your right I should just stop yapping about this and just return it. But since this is a fragrance forum I thought it'd be a good thing to start getting some feed back on these newer batches of 2014 GIT. Whether they are good or bad or i just got a shitty batch or a fake. Just curious and I thought that this forum would be the right place to discuss this curiosity. I guess I was wrong.

It's not really a curiosity if you read the threads here, ShaverX.
    Mr C. probably just had an off day.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    It's not really a curiosity if you read the threads here, ShaverX.
    Mr C. probably just had an off day.
    Mr. Creed or Mr. Caferacer?

Haha - Monsieur C., to be more accurate, caferacer

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Haha - Monsieur C., to be more accurate, caferacer

The more time I spend with this particular bottle the more i realize that I am not smelling the ambergris. It is something sweet and amber like but it's not the ambergris drydown of my sample batch.

Ya, i guess your right I should just stop yapping about this and just return it. But since this is a fragrance forum I thought it'd be a good thing to start getting some feed back on these newer batches of 2014 GIT. Whether they are good or bad or i just got a shitty batch or a fake. Just curious and I thought that this forum would be the right place to discuss this curiosity. I guess I was wrong.
    I dont think you should stop yapping at all, you obviously have concerns...

I joined this website over a year ago now, maybe a year and half possibly, and creed is the first house i started sampling, and i have been testing there fragrances intensivley to say the least this last year on a very regular basis.

Im going to give you some examples. Here in the UK a couple of weeks ago we had an off day where it was quite cool and raining (its been quite warm recentley on and off this last month). Now, i went out on a lunch date on this day and i decided to wear original santal. Outside i basically smelt just very fresh and clean, like you wouldnt believe, i was aware there was some spiciness there but it was in the background, the overall effect i was getting was just clean, sharp and fresh! When ive worn it in a club at night, its been a different beast, deep sexy and spicy to my nose.

GIT: ive had everything out of it from smelling lemon powderyness to a salty creaminess to an old skool gentlemanly soap smell to very a very defined violet.

Aventus, the obvious one: I can wear it and smell fresh and sharp and pineappley, and other times i can smell dry and ashy with minimal fresh pinapple going on.

Im not talking about different batches here, im talking about all these experiences ive noted with these 3 fragrances are from the same testers, so nothing has changed, but how ive percieved the smell to be has been different many times, whether thats been due to my body temprature or the weather outside or room temprature around me or the fragrances development or a placebo i cant answer that, but i know for a fact it happens.

Now im not saying there is nothing wrong with your fragrance, i cant answer that, in fact no one can here im afraid, but what i do no is its definitley posible to percieve the fragrance differently, its very ood, but true.
    Last edited by DMA; 4th May 2014 at 10:28 PM.

It's definitely not fake - if you go through the Creed threads, you will see that they changed the back of the box. The new ones don't mention ambergris... think about it - if it was a fake, why would they change the wording? That would be the EASIEST part to copy. You got a perfectly good and EXTREMELY fresh batch, yet you are still complaining about it. And this isn't just to you - but there's a reason why all the fragrancenet Creed prices keep going up... all these returns for no good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    It's definitely not fake - if you go through the Creed threads, you will see that they changed the back of the box. The new ones don't mention ambergris... think about it - if it was a fake, why would they change the wording? That would be the EASIEST part to copy. You got a perfectly good and EXTREMELY fresh batch, yet you are still complaining about it. And this isn't just to you - but there's a reason why all the fragrancenet Creed prices keep going up... all these returns for no good reason.

Do they not use ambergris anymore. Also, does the back of creed boxes often misspell french words? Is this a common thing?

So far I have noticed these words misspelled as compared to other boxes.

absolues / should be / absolus

triees / should be / tries

naturelles / should be / naturels

These are the things that concern me the most. other than that and the lack of familiar drydown with a heavy green beginning, i'd think it's real. If it is a counterfeit is very well done as the bottle, the cap, inside the cap paint and all are perfect. The box is 99% perfect except those words being misspelled. What do you think of that?

This is not to bash creed, just so you all know. I friggin love GIT, so much that I dished out $150 to buy it and i'm not the kind of guy who would ever spend that much on a cologne. I was THAT impressed by my sample and this isn't the same. Thanks for the feedback guys. i really appreciate and have respect for you all.

Those 'should be' spellings look wrong to me.

(i.e. - the first quoted on each line look correct).

Here in the UK Creed have only just built a new website very recentley. On the new site under GIT's listed ingredients they still say that ambergris is a basenote.

Now as the website is new, they have had every opportunity to change it if this is the case, but they have not.

The only fragrance im aware of where there has been a change is with Silver Mountain Water which now only contains musk, apparently it did have ambergris in the past? And of course VIW, but thats never contained ambergris to begin with, which makes sense being a very casual and light hot weather citrus.
    Last edited by DMA; 4th May 2014 at 11:58 PM.

Notes are not the same as ingredients - the website states notes.
    https://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/pr...en-irish-tweed

Well, i can tell you now my samples of GIT that i have direct from them in the UK most definitley still give me that semi sweet salty and wonderful comfy aroma that i have got throughout last year. Nothing has changed for me!

No offence, to anybody on here including OP or mod or anyone reading, but anyone can come on here and post anything they like, for example, dont buy 2014 batches, but buy implying you should look out for x y or z obscure batch from 2 or 3 years ago that whoever has stashed away and selling online somewhere.

If you want to find out if creed still use ambergris in GIT, ive never had anyhing but exemplary service from them with enquiries, email them and ask them, and i believe you will get an honest answer.

If you like, id be happy to email them for you on tuesday when the bank holiday is over.