Code of Conduct

Default I found the holy grail of shave creams

This is it: Avalon Organics - Cream Shave Moisturizing Aloe Unscented. I put so little on it's hardly visible. It is so slippery it felt like super oil, and probably hard to wash off my hand. But it rinsed right off. It gave me the most skin-protected shave I've ever had. And I use so little, it seems to be lasting forever. I can't even remember when I bought it. The stuff is great. I wish I had had this all my shaving life.

Default Re: I found the holy grail of shave creams

Thanks for the tip, I'm always looking for good organic products. Hope I can find it in Europe!

Thanks for the Great tip..me too I hope they also have this in Europe - Furypine if you see any info keep me informed please!
    After a bio oil to regenerate/ revitalise my hair? Any suggestions?

There's no point in buying these "organics" products if they still have a bunch of other chemical crap added to them or harmful "natural" ingredients. Check out Pacific Shaving Company for the real "organic" safe, and awesome shave. Best shave cream I've tried and it's totally safe for the skin, allergies, ect...

hmmm, and here i thought Proraso was the best shaving cream around (particularly considering the price)
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir - PATCHOULI ABSOLU
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress, Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura, Azure Lime, Champacca Absolute

HARD TO FIND - Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I'm more one for shaving soaps than creams, but my personal favorites in creams are Taylor of Old Bond Street Mr. Taylor's and Art of Shaving Rose. Queen Charlotte Soaps shaving cream is one of the best on the market, but I'm not sure if I'd call it a cream or a soap...it's dense enough to be either.

Quote Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post
    hmmm, and here i thought Proraso was the best shaving cream around (particularly considering the price)
    I like Proraso well enough, but I'm not a huge menthol guy. Personally, my favorite budget cream would probably be Real Shaving Co. cream (found at Rite-Aid). It's the house brand of Creighton's, the company that makes shaving cream for the big British brands like Taylor of Old Bond Street and Truefitt and Hill.

too bad there is no way to by a sample set of all the top shaving creams.

In this house, we use Kiss My Face Shaving Cream in the pump and also in the tube. It comes unscented and in a variety of scents. This can be for men or women.

Others to try: the luxe Truefitt and Hill line of shaving creams in tubs and tubes.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_B. View Post
    Hi Andrew,
    Ta-da !

http://www.theshaveden.com/store/ind...&productId=133

Seems they offer a 'luckyscent' type sampling service for creams.
    You have 2 wishes left
    Oh, and many shaving houses offer sample pots of their creams also. Check out Truefitt and Hill etc.

Interesting. I might try it. But I have to say that if any of it is lather-like or foam-like it won't be good enough. What I'm using now puts down a slippery layer of something that actually works better.

Just an update here. I still think this stuff works like magic. But I no longer try to put on a thin a layer (per instructions). I put on an ample amount. OTOH, I don't shave every day. So maybe that's why I need more.

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    In this house, we use Kiss My Face Shaving Cream.
    Imagine the name of their hemorrhoid preparation, should they ever decide to carry one
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha

Kyoku is my favorite. It is expensive but one tub lasts a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Imagine the name of their hemorrhoid preparation, should they ever decide to carry one
    Funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_B. View Post
    Trumper's has an inexpensive sample set that includes their creams. Garry's Sample Shop has some cream and soap samples. Believe someone already mentioned The Shave Den which has samples; forgot now just which brands. Queen Charlotte Soaps sells soap and hard cream samples. Just hunt around; samples exist.

I'm a ShaveCream junky

Truefitt & Hill, Taylor, Trumper and Dr. Harris are all great but pales a bit, when compared to these 5:

1. Fitjar ShaveCream - made on a small island in Norway by a lady who lives on the island. This cream is FANTASTIC ! Especially like Folgefonn (Peppermint) and Citrus Kick (lime & lemon)
    Lathers great, moistures the skin and gives a smooth shave. 10/10

2. Castle Forbes - made in a Scottish Castle by the family and owners. The lime is awesome for normal skin, the lavender best for sensitive skin. Great lather, great scent. 9.75/10

3. Penhaligon - just an awesome ShaveCream. I prefer Blenheims and Endymion. 9.5/10

4. Aqua Di Parma - if not for the very high price, this would be my Top 2 ahead of Castle Forbes, but price is too high. Still in my Top 4 solidly. 9.5/10

5. GB Kent ShaveCream - awesome mint ShaveCream. Not strong mint, but very delicate and provides a smooth soft shave with easy thick lather.
    9/10

Proraso, Speick and Musgo Real are all great ShaveCreams - but pales a bit compared to my Top5. I would give these 3 ShaveCreams 8.5/10
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    Now with 418 unique bottles in my collection

Domencio Caraceni makes the most opulent shave cream I've ever used. And I use a lot of different creams.
    Castle Forbes also great.

Love Trumpers, but it doesn't love me.