Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Is there a frag that we all (or most) can agree on that smells great?

Since we are all individuals with different styles, tastes, etc there are always conflicting reviews for colognes (or anything for that matter). 2 reviews will say its the greatest thing ever and the next 2 will say its crap. Is there a fragrances thats widely regarded as good that most ppl hear can agree smells nice and possibly would wear? I see Green Irish Tweed is almost worshiped around here but is there anything else?

Default Re: Is there a frag that we all (or most) can agree on that smells great?

Impossible.

Theres some fragrances that please 90% of the people, but there will be always the others 10%. Or Vice Versa.

Maybe Vintage Tabarome will please 99%, but the 800usd per bottle dont please even 1% of them!

Default Re: Is there a frag that we all (or most) can agree on that smells great?

yea I know its impossible for a scent for EVERYBODY to 100% agree on. I mean is there something that most ppl find attractive. at least a 85% approval rate

+1 on GIT.

hmmm... would we all agree we like azzaro? i think its good across the board... but maybe some dont like it. chaps smells good, not my fav0rite, but i do like it. this is a good query!

I would love to check out GIT but i dont know of any stores here in NYC that sell it. I need to test it first. Its too expensive to blind buy.

Quote Originally Posted by coney718 View Post
    I would love to check out GIT but i dont know of any stores here in NYC that sell it. I need to test it first. Its too expensive to blind buy.
    get a sample vial from ebay! hell, just buy it, if you dont love it ill buy it from you.

I know many people who don't care for powerful old-school scents like Vintage Tabarome and Azzaro. Then again I haven't met a person who doesn't like the smell of a fine natural cologne such as Guerlain' Imperiale. There are negative reviews, yes, but they are about lack of longevity.

coney, Saks Fifth Avenue has it, midtown, right near the door.

Is there a fragrance that we can all agree smells great?

I hope not. Because whatever it is probably isn't anything with more than a drop or two of mystery.

Most probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by firehorse View Post
    coney, Saks Fifth Avenue has it, midtown, right near the door.
    Thanks. I'll check it out

I don't believe so.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    Is there a fragrance that we can all agree smells great?

I hope not.
    i dont know man, i think thats a pretty interesting question! imagine if we all decided there was one we all t5hought smelled good??? not to say its the best or everyones favorite or the true #1 or anything, just that we all LIKE it! i like this idea very much... the idea of agreeing with everyone all at once rather than disagreeing... cant you see the good in that?? plus, i betcha that cologne will sell better!

ive heard that sagamore smells great across the board too... just sayin...

you know why im so interested in getting everyone here to agree on something? because i have three kids. three kids who cant even be in the same room without ... aww, you Daddies know where im coming from.everyone liking something at once; itd be refreshing!

Azzaro Pour Homme 118 Positive Reviews • neutral 17 Reviews • negative 8 Reviews
    Currently wearing: Aqua pour Homme by Bulgari

Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    you know why im so interested in getting everyone here to agree on something? because i have three kids. three kids who cant even be in the same room without ... aww, you Daddies know where im coming from.everyone liking something at once; itd be refreshing!
    haha I have 2 kids I know exactly what you mean.

For the record I havent met a woman yet that didnt like YSL L'Nuit or JPG Le Male. Both get tremendous compliments across the board when I wear it.

never tried l'nuit, but i will this weekend!

I'm one of the minority who doesn't like Azzaro at all. I think as close as you can get is GIT by Creed. I'm very sensitive to any harsh or rough ingredients in frags, and this one passes the test.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Azzaro Pour Homme 118 Positive Reviews • neutral 17 Reviews • negative 8 Reviews
    wow thats a pretty good ratio!

Quote Originally Posted by darren1 View Post
    never tried l'nuit, but i will this weekend!
    Definitely check it out. I always wear it when I want to make a impression. Never fails to get a compliment. I know some say its overrated but ive had nothing but positive experiences with it...except that one time I sprayed too much on and gave myself a headache after a while, but that was my own fault lol

naw, no worrries about that with me! im cologne guy. the stronger the better! i will try it though... theres a bottle at macys ive been walking past for a while now. time to try it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow View Post
    I know many people who don't care for powerful old-school scents like Vintage Tabarome and Azzaro. Then again I haven't met a person who doesn't like the smell of a fine natural cologne such as Guerlain' Imperiale. There are negative reviews, yes, but they are about lack of longevity.
    Right on with this. I don't think that anyone would find Guerlain Imperiale unpleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Is it really that good or is it getting these high marks because its a "classic" and respected by fragrance lovers? does it smell dated or for older people? if it came out today under a different name, would it still be embraced?
    sometimes i feel like some of these get great marks for classic and for nostalgic purposes, but im curious how the scent would stand alone. (i've never smelled it but thought about picking it up)

another one i noticed that has a great ratio is Burberry London
    105 Positive Reviews • neutral34 Neutral Reviews • negative 7 Negative Reviews
    never smelled this one either but im going to soon. seems like the guys like this one but im not sure if the ladies do?

Tom Ford Grey Vetiver.

Amouage homage

Kouros

Quote Originally Posted by scratch & sniff View Post
    Is it really that good or is it getting these high marks because its a "classic" and respected by fragrance lovers? does it smell dated or for older people? if it came out today under a different name, would it still be embraced?
    sometimes i feel like some of these get great marks for classic and for nostalgic purposes, but im curious how the scent would stand alone. (i've never smelled it but thought about picking it up)
    Azzaro PH is really that good. If Montale released Azzaro pour Homme today and called it "Djibouti Ochre" Basenoters would be hocking their Rolexes to buy it.

I'm not sure if it's a great candidate for a fragrance that everyone would immediately like though - I hated it when I first tried it, I thought it was a sour, acrid mess. That opinion changed quite dramatically, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by kxe003 View Post
    Kouros
    Now you're just being mischevious!

Burberry London?
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès