Code of Conduct

Default Swiss Army Mountain Water:

Being a Swiss Army fan of the Classic and Altitude, I tested the Mountain Water version at Kohl's. It's definitely in the mold of Cool Water Davidoff, minus the rough herbal/spicy edges, with a noticeable menthol/camphor note. It's more outdoorsy and sporty than a true aquatic (Nautica), but still a very "blue" frag.

The wonderful top layer, however, which gives it the sporty/aquatic character isn't maintained long enough as it evolves, and the drydown is far too strong a musk for this type of frag., it's almost like the drydown to Obsession (lol).

Anyway, disappointing since a portion of the frag is so good. Maybe Swiss Army could reformulate this into a winner since it has the makings of an excellent frag.

Default Re: Swiss Army Mountain Water:

I agree with the resemblance to CW, only where CW is somewhat sophisticated, this lacks in that department. I recall it beind a run of the mill aquatic with a heavy menthol note. A bright opening of melons and aquatic notes. I tried this at Kohl's some time ago, just one spray on the hand, I had like 5 or 6 other frags on my arms that day as well, so trying to remember this already forgettable fragrance is pointless.

I will say that it seems to be pretty limited.. I've only seen it at Kohl's, and a few websites online, and it doesn't get discounted much. It may be a Kohl's exclusive actually, I think the saleswoman there told me this.

I agree it's not sophisticated, but the strong menthol/camphor note combined with the aquatic elements is unusual, and gives it a rugged, energetic, outdoorsy character, otherwise it would be just another weak aquatic. Anyway, didn't quite fit the bill regardless.

Definitely a masculine acquatic scent with notes of citrus. I like it, but the fragrance lacks longevity. No sillage..!! I like filling a room with a "wake" of fragrance following entry. If you can pick it up for less than $30.00 (with free shipping), add it to your collection. Not quite unique, but offers a slight variation to some of the other clean and fresh scents out there. Life is full of defining moments - will you define the moment or will the moment define you..??

Sounds like it would serve as a nice room freshener.