Code of Conduct

Default Anyone know the age/strength of Caron Nocturnes in the cobalt snakeskin 30ml bottle?

Thnaks!

Hillaire

Default Re: Anyone know the age/strength of Caron Nocturnes in the cobalt snakeskin 30ml bottle?

Glitteralex, it's edt.

I love the new Nocturnes edt, for the record. I prefer it even to my vintage bottle!

Default Re: Anyone know the age/strength of Caron Nocturnes in the cobalt snakeskin 30ml bottle?

Is this a newer version-it's really divine!

Hillaire

It is. I have a tester of the 'snakeskin' in the 1oz, which I bought for like nothing. It' is the same as the new new bottle I have.
    I have a bottle of the edt which is an older splash, too. And while I LOVE it too, it's both sweeter and more musky-animalic. For me the recent formulation is a perfect aldehydic floral, much like First, and I especially like that it's so entirely unsweetened.

Blog Entries

I have a hard time believing the black glass bottle is not parfum. Why put it in such a small bottle? It seems more concentrated to me. Are we talking about the same thing? It comes in an oval light green case?

I think this may be EDT;

Last edited by kumquat; 17th March 2011 at 07:42 PM.

The top bottle looks like the Nuit de Noel ones discussed by Perfumeshrine recently

http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/20...ate-caron.html

(where she calls it sharkskin, not snakeskin)

cacio

Blog Entries

Yes, so now I'm really confused! (Sorry, I've just had a hysterectomy & had lots of medication!)

It's actually shagreen, which is dyed rayskin, which is sanded down to a smooth surface, showing up the pearly hard lumps.
    ''Do unto others 20% better than you'd expect them to do unto you to correct for subjective error.''
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com

Blog Entries

So it's Nuit de Noel that comes in the Shagreen case. (Which is really only green cardboard, BTW) And the bottle is black glass. I'm not sure why it's called cobalt. It doesn't look blue to me.

I did see one bottle and holder once on E-bay which had a real metal and real shagreen case!
    ''Do unto others 20% better than you'd expect them to do unto you to correct for subjective error.''
    (Linus Pauling)

www.aafke-art.com