Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Ambre Gris by Pierre Balmain.

Gentlemen and ladies: I am wearing Ambre Gris today as part of the Pierre Balmain synchronized event. I must say that after an undeserved hiatus from this fragrance I am again enthralled by the amazing scent. Those of you who have not tried Ambre Gris will find it a soft, luxurious, slightly gourmand not too sweet pleasure that, were it any better, would likely be illegal or even fattening. (LOL) I loved it the first time I sniffed it and and continue to do so.

Default Re: Ambre Gris by Pierre Balmain.

Isn't this experience the reason to have a large rotation? LOL.

My wife was given this as a gift about two years ago by a relative. It smelled nice on her, however I could never pull it off. It was too feminine for me.

Wink Re: Ambre Gris by Pierre Balmain.

Aaah N_Tesla, it seems that, after all this time, you and I are still the only *real* lovers of this gem. Despite both our efforts, the 'word' is just not getting out. Maybe that's a good thing! I love the way Ambre Gris morphs between its various notes over time, with its shimmering amber base always in the background. And all you manly types : don't be put off by the fact that it's marketed to women. It's definitely unisex, and I'm (unfortunately) a little sensitive to that myself.

Blog Entries

Trufflehunter; Yes, fear not the gender marketing of this fragrance and find the inner peace and beauty of such an exquisite ambre as has ever been devised. Ambre Gris can easily be underappreciated by the novitiate in fragrance and yet found sublime and beatiful in its mystery by the devoted few. Take heart in the nature of your devotion for you have chosen wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Trufflehunter View Post
    Aaah N_Tesla, it seems that, after all this time, you and I are still the only *real* lovers of this gem. Despite both our efforts, the 'word' is just not getting out. Maybe that's a good thing! I love the way Ambre Gris morphs between its various notes over time, with its shimmering amber base always in the background. And all you manly types : don't be put off by the fact that it's marketed to women. It's definitely unisex, and I'm (unfortunately) a little sensitive to that myself.

The first time I put this on my skin (last week), I ordered a full bottle right away. Should be arriving tomorrow! Consider me a fan!

I definitely like it better than the usual amber niche frags. which tend to be too syrupy and vanillic. This one has something that cuts the sweetness and makes it wearable (though I have to really be in the mood for it).

I agree. Is it a slight saltiness? There's something that seems to me cooler than the usual amber...