Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 60 of 128
  1. #1

    Default New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    I just got it yesterday from the Beverly hills store!! Its a real beauty!!. It has an amazing fresh lavender opening that blends with lime citrus notes. The there is a secondary lavender note that we are typically used to which is the heavier lavender note. There is also a very slight note of incense in it. Really a classy lavender scent. It doesnt overpower at all. It has a really breezy quality to it as he uses two types of lavender. It never gets into the barbershop heavy note at all. This is a real elegant scent that you would be blown a way by as some of the private collection scents have been really over the top and heavy. This is someting I could wear year around and sillage is average and longevity is 6-7 hours. I love it!! Here is a description form a site I found. The packaging is chrome and so is the bottle. I have included a pic of my bottle. It is $250 for the 50ml so it s more expensive than the rest of the line.

    "The fragrance opens with the interplay of two types of lavender: the bright, tonic flash of Lavandin and the concentrated herbal undertones of Lavender Absolute. Lemon and bergamot merge with clary sage for a lemony coastal blend reminiscent of Malibu while pink and white oleander and lime blossom lend an ethereal facet that is very Los Feliz. Olibanum and rich green moss texture the bottom note with addictive warmth that reveals itself slowly for a lasting experience."

    Last edited by cairomerta; 28th February 2011 at 04:29 AM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    That bottle is a beauty and the notes that are with the lavender seem interesting. How would you compare the fragrance to other lavender fragrances?

  3. #3

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Cairomerta, you're like our advanced scout for high end niche. Looking forward to more feedback on this one.

  4. #4

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Thanks Stylin!!

    To compare it to other lavenders, this one is different for sure. For exapmle, I just purchased a while a go "The agonist Liquid Crystal" which is another lavender scent. That one was a heavier lavender with a lot of gourmand notes to it. Most lavender scents I have smelled take that direction. They start with a hevy lavender and go into some vanilla. Same like Killians a taste of heaven.

    Thsi one opens with a fresh tonic type lavender that blends with the traditional lavender which makes it a unique and not overly heavy laender opening. Its really blended beautifully with the citrus notes that add a freshness that you dont see too much with lavender scents. The drydown is not vanilla heavy but a slight bit mossy, incensy. Overall this is a very clean lavender and one I think everyone should try for sure.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pennsyl-tuckey
    Posts
    1,748
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Cairomerta, you da man!

    Would you describe Lavender Palm as more masculine or feminine?
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

    Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

    PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

  6. #6

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Great! Thank you for the information and photo.

  7. #7

    Thumbs up Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Thanks for posting this. I love the name.

    Seeing as they all contain incense, how does it compare to SL's Encens et Lavande and Gris Clair?
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

    "I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

  8. #8

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Grottola View Post
    Cairomerta, you da man!

    Would you describe Lavender Palm as more masculine or feminine?
    I would describe this as unisex but leaning towards men. Since this is for the first Tom ford store that carries both the mens and womens clothing line, I think he went for a more unisex scent. But like I said, a lean towards the mens side.

    Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I love the name.

    Seeing as they all contain incense, how does it compare to SL's Encens et Lavande and Gris Clair?
    The incense in this is very subtle. It is a mere background note and does not take any major role in the scent. It gives a nice backround warmth and I like that.

  9. #9

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Nice!
    Any comparison to Blenheim Bouquet, which is my favourite lavender/citrus scent?
    Smellin good

  10. #10
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    26,571

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Bottle is be-yoo-tiful. Your description of the scent sounds very promising.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

    -- Jack Kerouac

  11. #11

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    Nice!
    Any comparison to Blenheim Bouquet, which is my favourite lavender/citrus scent?
    Let me try to find my sample of Blenheim and see. From what I remember, blenheim is a lot more citrusy but if you like that one, you will defintley want to give this a try. The citrus in this is very much there but does not have that puch that I rmeember form blenheim if I rememebr right. This one is blended into it very well.

  12. #12

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    So LA has its own scent now....outstanding. Can not wait to smell this.
    Five that I am enjoying right now

    1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
    2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
    4) Devin by Aramis
    5) Coromandel by Chanel

  13. #13

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    only 6months to wait then (for the rest of us!).....

  14. #14
    Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Diamondflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,373

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Beautiful bottle indeed and the descriptions sound promising but I can't say I'm enthused over the name - it sounds like a kungfu move. Heh.

  15. #15

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    "...while pink and white oleander and lime blossom lend an ethereal facet that is very Los Feliz. "
    What's that mean, apply it and you'll never find a parking spot?

  16. #16

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Thanks for the dose of fragrance envy!

  17. #17

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Anyone else not seeing a pic?

  18. #18

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Thanks for sharing this.

  19. #19

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    I'm really loving this. It works so well in both cold and warm weather. Great Lavender scent without going over the top in lavender!

  20. #20

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    The bottle is made of plastic?

  21. #21

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    The bottle is made of plastic?
    No. It is exactly like the rest of the line except coated in a chrome color. its glass.

  22. #22

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Lavender is not a friend of mine, so I can cross this one off my list.
    Thanks Tom Ford!
    I smell marshmallows!

  23. #23

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaCloud View Post
    Lavender is not a friend of mine, so I can cross this one off my list.
    Thanks Tom Ford!
    Try it...trust me. Its done really alot different than other lavenders. I promise you will be surprised.

  24. #24

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    I can't wait to sample this. Hopefully I won't be disappointed.
    - Expect the unexpected

  25. #25

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Looks and sounds great.....Thanks for the info!!!
    Gary

  26. #26
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,298
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    - it sounds like a kungfu move. Heh.
    LOL

    Yeah, it sounds like the title of one of those horrible parodies.
    * * * *

  27. #27

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Gris Clair has a challenger...

  28. #28

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    It all sounds good except for the price. $250 for 50ml. Someone's laughing on the way to the bank...

  29. #29

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    The name, look of the bottle, notes, and description of this scent conjure up a very specific image in my mind. It makes me think of riding around in a convertible with Morrissey in southern California with palm trees everywhere on a perfect day, like this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEBqRHU4VPc

    Just curious if the scent is anything like the vibe of this video.

  30. #30
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    26,571

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    The name, look of the bottle, notes, and description of this scent conjure up a very specific image in my mind. It makes me think of riding around in a convertible with Morrissey in southern California with palm trees everywhere on a perfect day, like this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEBqRHU4VPc

    Just curious if the scent is anything like the vibe of this video.
    I love that song!
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

    -- Jack Kerouac

  31. #31

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    I love the name. I hope this absolutely buries Caldey Island Lavender and the rest of 'em too.

  32. #32

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    I love the name. I hope this absolutely buries Caldey Island Lavender and the rest of 'em too.
    For the high price that you have to pay for this fragrance maybe you could be buried with it. You know when you go. lol

  33. #33

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    What's the price for the 250 ml flacon?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/pigasus27

  34. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    here
    Posts
    2,622

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by pigasus27 View Post
    What's the price for the 250 ml flacon?
    $950

  35. #35

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by teger View Post
    $950
    Ouch...

  36. #36

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Hmm. I wonder if the price will drop once it's released globally.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/pigasus27

  37. #37
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    26,571

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Anyone else smell this?

    I'm on a lavender kick these days so I'm really restraining myself from buying this blind.

    Octavian had wonderful things to say about it in his post here: http://1000fragrances.blogspot.com/2...nadyomene.html

    Also I did not know that Yann Vasnier was the nose for this.

    And look at that 250 ml? It's a beauty isn't it?



    Anyone wanna buy it on Ebay for AU $1,113? This guy's got 8 of them. Get 'em while they last!! LOL
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

    -- Jack Kerouac

  38. #38

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by teger View Post
    $950
    Is it just me or is that an obscene amount of money to pay for a flacon?

  39. #39

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Anyone else smell this?

    I'm on a lavender kick these days so I'm really restraining myself from buying this blind.

    Octavian had wonderful things to say about it in his post here: http://1000fragrances.blogspot.com/2...nadyomene.html

    Also I did not know that Yann Vasnier was the nose for this.

    And look at that 250 ml? It's a beauty isn't it?



    Anyone wanna buy it on Ebay for AU $1,113? This guy's got 8 of them. Get 'em while they last!! LOL
    This bottle is "all that" for sure.....If the scent matches the bottle is will be fantastic!!! Thanks for that nice pictures mikeperez23!!!
    Gary

  40. #40
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    26,571

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Blowe46 View Post
    Is it just me or is that an obscene amount of money to pay for a flacon?
    It is not just you. It is obscene. Considering we're talking about lavender here, not a very expensive raw material.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

    -- Jack Kerouac

  41. #41

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cairomerta View Post
    I just got it yesterday from the Beverly hills store!! Its a real beauty!!. It has an amazing fresh lavender opening that blends with lime citrus notes. The there is a secondary lavender note that we are typically used to which is the heavier lavender note. There is also a very slight note of incense in it. Really a classy lavender scent. It doesnt overpower at all. It has a really breezy quality to it as he uses two types of lavender. It never gets into the barbershop heavy note at all. This is a real elegant scent that you would be blown a way by as some of the private collection scents have been really over the top and heavy. This is someting I could wear year around and sillage is average and longevity is 6-7 hours. I love it!! Here is a description form a site I found. The packaging is chrome and so is the bottle. I have included a pic of my bottle. It is $250 for the 50ml so it s more expensive than the rest of the line.

    "The fragrance opens with the interplay of two types of lavender: the bright, tonic flash of Lavandin and the concentrated herbal undertones of Lavender Absolute. Lemon and bergamot merge with clary sage for a lemony coastal blend reminiscent of Malibu while pink and white oleander and lime blossom lend an ethereal facet that is very Los Feliz. Olibanum and rich green moss texture the bottom note with addictive warmth that reveals itself slowly for a lasting experience."

    Sick bottle

  42. #42

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by teger View Post
    $950
    For that price I would expect the flacon to be hand delivered on a silk cushion by a nubile arabian virgin princess. lol

  43. #43

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    $950? Sonuvabitch... but I will try it nonetheless. Sounds like good stuff. Interested in smelling how the incense note is integrated
    -

  44. #44

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    My family just surprised me with it.

    for swap/sale:





  45. #45

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!


    for swap/sale:





  46. #46
    Basenotes Institution
    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    26,571

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    So hedonist222 - what's it smell like!?
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

    -- Jack Kerouac

  47. #47

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Well it's been a couple hour since I sprayed on my wrist.

    The lavender is there. Prominently there. It smells Of lavender but a strong lavender. The lemon, clary sage and Labdanum aren't overpowering at all. They're playing in the background. A little musky.
    This is easily worn by both sexes.

    Smells high quality.

    for swap/sale:





  48. #48

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Well it's been a couple hour since I sprayed on my wrist.

    The lavender is there. Prominently there. It smells Of lavender but a strong lavender. The lemon, clary sage and Labdanum aren't overpowering at all. They're playing in the background. A little musky.
    This is easily worn by both sexes.

    Smells high quality.

    Strong musky lavender? Any similarities to Czech & Speake's Oxford & Cambridge?
    -

  49. #49
    NYCBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Why isn't hedonist222's bottle chrome?

  50. #50

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBoy View Post
    Why isn't hedonist222's bottle chrome?
    hmmm, good question............maybe there will be a 'non exclusive' bottle available for general release.....fingers crossed!!

  51. #51

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Strong musky lavender? Any similarities to Czech & Speake's Oxford & Cambridge?
    I haven't smelled that one. But it's a deeper lavender than caron pour homme.

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBoy View Post
    Why isn't hedonist222's bottle chrome?
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8_SHAVER View Post
    hmmm, good question............maybe there will be a 'non exclusive' bottle available for general release.....fingers crossed!!
    My family picked it up for me from Printemps in Paris.

    for swap/sale:





  52. #52

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Re: the bottle color, I was told by the TF associate at NM that the chrome bottle will be exclusive to the LA boutique, and when released globally, it'll be in the brown glass, as the one pictured is.
    Splits!

    Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu & Byredo - Mojave Ghost --------> [url]http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370214-Byredo-Mojave-Ghost-amp-Tom-Ford-Patchouli-Absolu/url]

  53. #53

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post
    Re: the bottle color, I was told by the TF associate at NM that the chrome bottle will be exclusive to the LA boutique, and when released globally, it'll be in the brown glass, as the one pictured is.
    When is it released globally?
    Looking to swap…look for my thread on the trade page. May be interested in buying Amouage. Having fun with shower gels. If you want to get rid of yours or swap for frags, give me a shout!

  54. #54

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by tracerbullet View Post
    When is it released globally?
    I was told January of 2012, I believe. I could be confusing this with another TF release that would be this September, but I'm fairly sure that's Jasmin Rouge and Santal Blush for September.
    Splits!

    Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu & Byredo - Mojave Ghost --------> [url]http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370214-Byredo-Mojave-Ghost-amp-Tom-Ford-Patchouli-Absolu/url]

  55. #55

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Can anyone compare this to Oxford & Cambridge?
    -

  56. #56

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    So this one has 2 bottle colors, like Neroli Portofino (cyan glass and regular browm)

  57. #57

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Will need to look at this.

  58. #58

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    As fitch256 said, the chrome bottle is exclusive to the LA boutique and all other stores/counters will have the regular bottles when released globally. Neroli Portofino in the regular brown bottles are pre "Neroli Portofino Collection" and the cyan bottle is now the standard bottle for Neroli.

  59. #59

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    I can't wait to sample.....Gary

  60. #60

    Default Re: New Tom Ford Lavender Palm - I have it - Pic inside!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by digger51 View Post
    So LA has its own scent now....outstanding. Can not wait to smell this.
    Well, Le Labo already gave L.A. their own Musc 25. Wonder if TF is trying something similar. I like that the bottle is exclusive to LA but not the scent.
    Currently looking for Ava Luxe Midnight Violet

    Visit my offsite sales thread for other items for sale - just updated!
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=265#265

Similar Threads

  1. Caldey Island Lavender - The Best Lavender Soliflore On Earth
    By Jack Hunter in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 25th August 2014, 03:41 AM
  2. Atkinson's lavender / Royal Scottish Lavender Creed
    By mlc in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11th February 2011, 06:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •