Code of Conduct

Default Put-downs, compliments and Creed

Hello Basenoters,

What a fragrance journey for me the last few months. I'm loving every moment of it.

I'll try to keep this short. I wasn't going to post but saw BradW's post on 'Amusing Story at Work' and decided to share. This isn't amusing though-well.....

I went on a quick business trip, just for the day. In the afternoon I made my way back to the airport and gave myself a good spray of MI by Creed on arrival. After check in I made my way to the gate and waited. A guy noticed me and sat next to me for a chat. I had met him before, in my home town actually, but don't know him well, just to say hello. He's a bit rough and tumble- loves his beer and smokes and swears like a trooper. He'd had a big night before and proceeded to tell me in detail about his drinking and womanising. That's fine- each to their own but I had to tell him to tone it down a bit as we were getting glances from people around us and there were kids as well.

So we go to board and he sniffs the air and says 'Ah F#%$*' Hell!! Is that you? I thought it was the chick in front of us! You smell like a P#*%@$R!!! At that the lady in front, a very nice looking 40 something turns and smiles at me, then looks at loud boy and says 'Actually, he smells divine and I was going to compliment him but was too shy. You should learn some manners'. He threw his hands in the air and apologised going on how he shoots his mouth off too much. We started toward the plane and he said he wanted to know what it was so he could go out and 'carve up' the ladies. I told him could he really see himself wearing a nice fragrance at the pub where he drinks? (I know the pub) and he said he'd wear it to the clubs but something probably more manly as he didn't want to smell like a girl.

So I told him to wake up to himself as well as a few other choice words and left him standing there. Needless to say he didn't talk to me again as we got off the plane at the other end.

The nice lady however leaned over my seat as we were getting off and asked what the scent was. I told her, she gave a wink, a lovely smile and a cute wave.
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Put-downs, compliments and Creed

What a tale, thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm imagining this guy:

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like the typical Aussie blokey bloke, oh the joy!

Lol. Go MI! I'll probably own it one day. I'm gonna try to get another sample or two and give it a few wearings to decide if it is a necessary own or not. I like it, have sampled it several times and given it a few full wearings, and had it on my to buy list, but there is little haste to get it, as I have several other citruces that do the job. Besides, the fact that many will probably mistake it for Unforgivable causes some hesistance.

Post Thanks / Like

That's a great story lol! Tell him to go buy 1 Million or something, that will sure make him smell like a man!

I'm not your toy.

Post Thanks / Like

Great story. I know the type, and avoid them like the plague. Life's too short to waste with these losers.

Post Thanks / Like

What a great story. Why can't I have adventures like Koala's?

That's the way to make a week. Hard to let go of a good feeling like that.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I realised a while ago - with the help of the basenotes community- that fragrances should transcend gender and what we love should be worn with with pride and for the absolute love for it. Not everyone will understand it and in the grand scheme of things it's a tiny drop in the ocean. Still, when these things happen it can be frustrating. I had a friend of my niece get into my car one day when I went to pick them up. I heard her say under her breath in the back seat 'What's this crap' refering to the classical music I was listening to. In the end, I've decided not to dumb down my decisions to please other people. If I wear Black Aoud out and people don't like it, well, there more in this life to worry about. If though people can learn to appreciate good fragrance through me and learn to share the passion for it that I do- Great!
    La vita è breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Story.

Post Thanks / Like

you should've told him it was something cheap and nasty instead to match his style and personality!
    LOST! in scent and music