Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 30 of 30
o
  1. #1

    Default Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    So when I first got Creed Aventus, I put it on and it smelled great, strong, I could detect every note change and all that really nicely. Throughout the day when I sprayed it more, it seemed like it got less strong. Anyways when I wear it the next day I could barely detect it after 20 minutes unless I put my nose up to my wrist and smell. I am sure the scent is not disappearing within 20 minutes, so its probably olfactory fatigue. Anyone else get this with Aventus at all? I am just curious if others around me can still smell it.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    I usually get whiffs here and there, and I do 8-10 max sprays.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    District of Columbia
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    Quote Originally Posted by EnricoIT View Post
    I usually get whiffs here and there, and I do 8-10 max sprays.
    WOW.

    10 sprays of Aventus, and you only "get whiffs here and there"?!?

    haha... yea i think olfactory fatigue is at play here. i bet people can smell you on the other side of the street!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    WOW.
    haha... yea i think olfactory fatigue is at play here. i bet people can smell you on the other side of the street!
    Unfortunately my skin is very dry and it sucks up whatever juice, when I used to live in LA with that dry climate, the parfum was gone in half an hour. Now, I started to spray only on clothes to maximize longevity.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    Olfactory fatigue is very real, particularly with Aventus.
    Avoid the front of the neck, hit it on the sides and the chest.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    35

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    I do 5 sprays max and it's usually strong up to 8 hours and I can still smell it close to my skin even after I wake up the following day. I only wear Aventus about once every 2 weeks.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    Yes this happens often with aventus because it does have great staying power only skin. On new years eve, I got
    a compliment 9 hours after I put it on and I couldn't smell a
    Damn thing,

  8. #8

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    Some batches were somewhat poor. A good friend of mine got Aventus as a chrismas gift and wore it to the staff xmas party. I smelled it on him, not overwhelmingly so and made a comment. He later told me he had to use 16 (!!) sprays of it.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    Yes this happens often with aventus because it does have great staying power only skin. On new years eve, I got
    a compliment 9 hours after I put it on and I couldn't smell a
    Damn thing,
    Very interesting. How would you (and anyone else in this thread, too) rate Aventus in terms of longevity and projection? So far it seems good in both regards but i'd be curious to hear the experiences of other people.

  10. #10
    adonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern Cali
    Posts
    3,528

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergiu25 View Post
    Very interesting. How would you (and anyone else in this thread, too) rate Aventus in terms of longevity and projection? So far it seems good in both regards but i'd be curious to hear the experiences of other people.
    Longevity and projection are good for everyone but the person wearing it. Aventus is a peekaboo scent.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Longevity and projection are good for everyone but the person wearing it. Aventus is a peekaboo scent.
    Is there a certain note in there or something in the composition that makes it do that? I am curious what the reason for that is. Maybe certain fragrances just tend to do that.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    I would say it's the absolute leader in this category for me so far. I have pretty much resorted to spraying it on my jacket so that I can catch whiffs as I walk by. If I spray it on myself it's almost totally unsniffable within an hour to me even though I might get compliments throughout the day.

    Even the famous chest sprays can't tame this one. I have been trying different methods of smelling it more, spritzing on curtains, bedspreads, pillows, jackets lol. They all work better than spraying it on myself if I want to actually get some whiffs.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

  13. #13

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    Some batches were somewhat poor. A good friend of mine got Aventus as a chrismas gift and wore it to the staff xmas party. I smelled it on him, not overwhelmingly so and made a comment. He later told me he had to use 16 (!!) sprays of it.
    Well, look on the bright side. At least it's a dirt cheap product.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    One also wonders whether in such case olfactory fatigue is not so much an annoyance as a gift from God.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    Creed is a fickle mistress.
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

  16. #16

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    Well, look on the bright side. At least it's a dirt cheap product.
    Well I disagree.. I think Aventus is an amazing scent and i'd love to be able to smell it on myself more than I do now. It has a good longevity and projection, at least the A4 batch I have, so no complaints there.. its just the olfactory fatigue that gets me.

  17. #17
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    304,969

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    Creed Aventus' smell on me doesn't diminish every time I spray it on my skin.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    Fantastic stuff. My most complimented fragrance ever!

  19. #19

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergiu25 View Post
    Very interesting. How would you (and anyone else in this thread, too) rate Aventus in terms of longevity and projection? So far it seems good in both regards but i'd be curious to hear the experiences of other people.
    Longevity on me is terrific I get anywhere from eight to ten hours with aventus. I do give it about 6 to 8 sprays though. I dont know what it is about it but the compliments never end when I wear it. One of the most versatile creeds in my collection. I get the most olfactory fatigue fom green Irish tweed, Gendarme, and bvlgari pour homme.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    May I also add the projection on aventus is great, people will notice it a few feet away like GIT which gets close to the skin after about an hour.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    Got mine today. (a42b10k02)

    This stuff is to amazing. My first thought was michael kors meets black xs without the smokeyness of em both. But the drydown makes it perfect.
    It blows me away now in every sniff, and the silage is perfect to.

    And im not a creed fan even (wasnt)

    Think i got myself a new signature.


    - A bit off topic this, sry :v

  22. #22

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    I agree I notice it a little less than some other frags but I can still smell it here and there all day with 2 chest sprays. I tried 4 sprays ONCE, my friend said "Whoa! What's that!" when he was right next to me so I use 2... I don't want people to smell me unless they are in my personal space. I don't think it's overpowering but I also think this one is very easy to over apply... unlike my Terre d'Hermes which seems like it could choke you out if you spray on too much.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    Quote Originally Posted by pkf View Post
    Got mine today. (a42b10k02)

    This stuff is to amazing. My first thought was michael kors meets black xs without the smokeyness of em both. But the drydown makes it perfect.
    It blows me away now in every sniff, and the silage is perfect to.

    And im not a creed fan even (wasnt)

    Think i got myself a new signature.


    - A bit off topic this, sry :v
    Same here! My signature scent now, its amazing.

    Do you think 3 sprays is excessive? Its what I use. Although in the 2-3 days of wearing it, I haven't gotten a single compliment on it.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    I actually disagree with the ability to overspray it, it stays pretty calm no matter how many I think.

    One spray of Z-14 would bomb this stuff into submission!
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

  25. #25

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    The truth, as I've been saying for months, is that it's just not a very good fragrance. But, hey, what do I know, 30 years of fragrance buying obviously counts for nothing.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

  26. #26

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    The truth, as I've been saying for months, is that it's just not a very good fragrance. But, hey, what do I know, 30 years of fragrance buying obviously counts for nothing.
    Same here. I had/still have a decant of the very first batch (the supposedly pineappley one). To be fair, I experienced no sillage/longevity/olfactory fatigue issues with it. The problem is that even one single drop of the thing stinks in a way which two showers can barely address. I have never seen such frowns and unpleasant reactions for more than a decade, since I had inadvertently dropped on me a whole sample of PI by Givenchy, with no time to take a second shower before going out.

    Aventus is, in my humble opinion, CREED's homage not so much to Napoleon, Hitler, Stalin, Fidel Castro, or Colonel Muammar al-Gaddafi, as to the headache-inducing perfume corner of a TJ Max store, with endless "masterpieces" priced $12.99 each competing for attention in a violent way. It's "like" the "best" of that bunch.

    I am glad this undivine concoction brings so much pleasure to others, as long as I don't have to sniff it again myself.
    Last edited by Addict; 2nd March 2011 at 12:27 AM.

  27. #27
    Kerosene
    Guest

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    Olfactory fatigue is a mystery indeed....

    If I spray Aventus on the skin of my right arm, and at the same time, spray my shirt cuff of my left arm, the scent is gone from my skin in 4-5 hours. But mysteriously I can still smell Aventus alive and well on my shirt cuff. If it was only olfactory fatigue, I wouldnt be able to smell if from my shirt cuff.

    For me, there are some scents that just dont last on skin. And most Creeds dont for me. I have to spray clothing to get them to last all day.

    Everyone should spray skin and spray clothing at the same time to test if the fragrance has died, or if it is indeed nose fatigue.

    I think most times people are confusing longevity of something because the fragrance has brushed their clothing. If you spray your chest, then put your shirt on, the fragrance will last a long time cause it gets on the shirt.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerosene View Post
    Olfactory fatigue is a mystery indeed....

    If I spray Aventus on the skin of my right arm, and at the same time, spray my shirt cuff of my left arm, the scent is gone from my skin in 4-5 hours. But mysteriously I can still smell Aventus alive and well on my shirt cuff. If it was only olfactory fatigue, I wouldnt be able to smell if from my shirt cuff.

    For me, there are some scents that just dont last on skin. And most Creeds dont for me. I have to spray clothing to get them to last all day.

    Everyone should spray skin and spray clothing at the same time to test if the fragrance has died, or if it is indeed nose fatigue.
    Do you think that the projection will be as good if you spray it on clothing instead of skin?

  29. #29
    Kerosene
    Guest

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sergiu25 View Post
    Do you think that the projection will be as good if you spray it on clothing instead of skin?
    I have Silver Mountain Water and always give that one a shot to the front of my shirt. I smell it wafting around all day. Never had a bad comment and always women at work say how nice it smells.

  30. #30

    Default Re: Creed Aventus and olfactory fatigue?

    I must be very lucky with this one..

    Today i wear it for the first time at work, with ONE spray, and i almost feel like i oversprayed. I smell it constantly!




Similar Threads

  1. How much before olfactory fatigue??
    By urgetopurge in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 26th July 2012, 11:44 AM
  2. Olfactory Fatigue
    By urgetopurge in forum General Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 26th July 2012, 11:44 AM
  3. Fragrances that give you olfactory fatigue..
    By The_Cologneist in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 28th February 2011, 06:50 AM
  4. Olfactory Fatigue or....
    By Mimi Gardenia in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 18th August 2009, 04:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000