Code of Conduct

Default Day-to-day fragrance

Hi,

I could use some help finding a new day-to-day fragrance. I have a few notations

1. It has to be pleasent, i will be all kind of people, and i do not want to offend my coleagues.
    2. It must not be a well known - like Aqua Di Gio or something like that, it has to be above that layer.

These here are the candidates so far Guerlain L'eau., Cartier Roadster, Acqua di Parma Essenza , Prada Infusion D'Homme

Basically, i am looking for Aqua Di Gio of "unknown" fragrance - light, "airy", fresh and all those cliché words.
    Last edited by Abliss; 1st March 2011 at 11:01 AM.

Default Re: Day-to-day fragrance

Chanel Allure Homme

Quote Originally Posted by jlouismi View Post
    Chanel Allure Homme
    Thanks for the suggestion but i find it too heavy for everyday use, especially if you are close to other people.

L'eau de Guerlain is a great choice. It's more towards citrus and verveine than aquatic/melon.

If money is no issue, you can check Amouage Silver, which is also fresh and natural smelling.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by jlouismi View Post
    Chanel Allure Homme
    This one.

Banned

Acqua di Parma Essenza

Thumbs up Re: Day-to-day fragrance

Yves Saint Laurent - L'Homme

Light fresh scent.. Can be worn 24/7 in every season.. Excellent Scent, Big Complement Getter, Sexy scent, non offensive...

Creed Himalaya

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Caesar View Post

Light fresh scent.. Can be worn 24/7 in every season.. Excellent Scent, Big Complement Getter, Sexy scent, non offensive...
    This works! You should also look into Chanel Allure Homme Sport is you find the original Allure too cloying for everyday office use (which I agree with). It works extremely well, nice citrus, slightly peppery, with the Allure dry down. Something I've been using lately as a day to day frag is Brooklyn by Bond No. 9. It's an attractive blend of citrus over woods to. Good for all seasons and occasions, me thinks!

Tom Ford Grey Vetiver. Seems like everyone seems to like and it smells great while not being offensive to those sensitive to scent.
    TOP 5
    1. Montale Wild Aoud
    2. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    3. Montale Red Vetyver
    4. Montale Aoud Lime
    5. Le Labo Vetiver 46

Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can plan weird; that's easy. What's hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
    Charles Mingus

I seem to wear iceberg twice a lot just around the house and when i go to the grocery store. Its cheap and i think it smells pretty good. I tried curve for men for a replacement and it disappears on my skin in like an hour.

Central Park by Bond No.9
    Gary

Paco Rabanne XS or Kenneth Cole Black Limited edition for me. Never offensive, can be worn in hot or cold weather, and even if you sweat they're still pleasant throughout the day.

Allure Homme Sport
    Guerlain Homme
    Ed Hardy Love and Luck
    YSL L'Homme

Prada Infusion D'Homme. Clean scent done a little different than the rest.
    Current Favorites - Creed Green Irish Tweed, Costume National Homme, Hanae Mori HiM EDP, Chanel Platinum Egoiste

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    L'eau de Guerlain is a great choice. It's more towards citrus and verveine than aquatic/melon.

If money is no issue, you can check Amouage Silver, which is also fresh and natural smelling.

cacio
    Thank you, but i reckon Amouage is too expensive for this purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
    Acqua di Parma Essenza
    Excellent choice! I need to test this

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Caesar View Post

Tried this, but it wasnt exactly what i was looking for. But thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Creed Himalaya
    Tried this, but i reckon its too expensive compared to the scent. But thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillz View Post
    This works! You should also look into Chanel Allure Homme Sport is you find the original Allure too cloying for everyday office use (which I agree with). It works extremely well, nice citrus, slightly peppery, with the Allure dry down. Something I've been using lately as a day to day frag is Brooklyn by Bond No. 9. It's an attractive blend of citrus over woods to. Good for all seasons and occasions, me thinks!
    I have tried both, and i know they get a lot of love, but they just didnt do it for me. I thought the "lemon pledge" of the white version was the best one, but its too strong for everyday use i reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    Paco Rabanne XS or Kenneth Cole Black Limited edition for me. Never offensive, can be worn in hot or cold weather, and even if you sweat they're still pleasant throughout the day.
    Oh man that Paco Rabanne was scary for me, i guess im just not a fan of those 80's, Kenneth Cole black seems to get some bashing around here, could you describe the smell? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    Allure Homme Sport
    Guerlain Homme
    Ed Hardy Love and Luck
    YSL L'Homme
    Guerlain Homme, i do not exactly remember but there was a weird smell in the original - i am not exactly sure if it was a grape or something different but something didnt work for me. Thanks for the suggestions thou!

Quote Originally Posted by Freeze View Post
    Prada Infusion D'Homme. Clean scent done a little different than the rest.
    Thanks! Been meaning to test the Pradas for a long time but never come around to do it.

Bleu de Chanel
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Dependent

Mmmm a really good aquatic/ozonic-type scent would come in the mold of Erolfa (Creed), but from what I see, you prefer to choose from a more economical bracket. I'd then recommend Bvlgari Aqva. It it's got this briny and air-y (ozonic, salty air kind of vibe). It is a little peppery , and almost void of citrus and cucumber-ish notes that seem very well done in ADG.

For a concoction closer to the genre of ADG, I'd definitely pick Erolfa, but for a bonafide, true-blue, reference aquatic, most definitely Aqva.

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    Bleu de Chanel
    Are there any similar fragrances that you can compare it too?

Quote Originally Posted by MFJ View Post
    Mmmm a really good aquatic/ozonic-type scent would come in the mold of Erolfa (Creed), but from what I see, you prefer to choose from a more economical bracket. I'd then recommend Bvlgari Aqva. It it's got this briny and air-y (ozonic, salty air kind of vibe). It is a little peppery , and almost void of citrus and cucumber-ish notes that seem very well done in ADG.

For a concoction closer to the genre of ADG, I'd definitely pick Erolfa, but for a bonafide, true-blue, reference aquatic, most definitely Aqva.
    It does not necessary have to economical, so far i have just been a bit dissapointed with the all expensive ones, and a lot of the more cheapies has been very good, so if i can save money its great.

But, i do not like the Aqva, its too salty for me, and the flanker Marine one is not me either. Thanks alot for the suggestions thou.