Code of Conduct

Default "Armani Diamonds" - can you help identify this bottle? [pictures]

Hi all, my friend recently obtained an unboxed bottle of scent sold to him as Armani Diamonds, but he got suspicious of the smell and asked me to have a look at it. I don't have anything to compare the smell against, but the bottle certainly doesn't look right.

Looking at these photos, could this be another Armani product, a bottle from a gift set or a fake?

The batch code printed is 38F301.
    Last edited by Vullishoop; 28th February 2011 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Photos not working

Default Re: "Armani Diamonds" - can you help identify this bottle? [pictures]

Prob doesn't help you much but my bottle doesn't look like that. Is he suspicious of the smell because he's familiar with the scent or because it doesn't smell good?

Yeah thats not the Armani Diamonds bottle, unless they've changed the bottle, but it does look suspicious

He had a bottle a couple of years back, and the new bottle doesn't smell like he remembers. I've never tried the genuine article so I can't say for definite, but I'm suspicious of the bottle too.

I know that sometimes companies will do a limited run of a different-shaped bottle for gift sets and the like, so if that's the case hopefully somebody will recognise it.

http://www.giorgioarmanibeauty.co.uk...03_322x360.png

That's the standard bottle for reference.

That is a 1 oz bottle of Diamonds. Mania, Code, Diamonds, Attitude, and AdG can all be found in bottles like these. If the juice smells fine, that is indeed a legit bottle.

fountain

here's the 1oz. packaging and bottle:

Macys sold a gift set a few years back with 3 30ml travel bottles; Diamonds, Mania and Attitude.
    That bottle was part of the set.
    I smell marshmallows!

I own AdG, Code, and Mania in those travel bottles. I assure you it is legit.

Google "Armani diamond travel set" or "armani travel set" and you'll see several types of armani in those exact bottles.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Thanks to all who have helped identify it. I've done some Googling and there are indeed several Armani products with the same basic bottle in travel sizes.

I'm still a little confused because the other products have different decoration on the bottle, so it doesn't explain the frag smelling different. Is it possible that another Armani product might have been packaged in the exact same bottle, or is it more likely to be Diamonds that has gone off?

Has your friend gone to a close buy store and tried some Diamonds from a tester?
    To be honest, I rather think that his memory fools him (nothing wrong with it, been there done that) than anyone would go through the trouble of refilling such a bottle and trying to make it look genuine.

Last option that comes to my mind is that if these bottles all look identical he might have obtained a different scent.
    Smellin good