Code of Conduct

Blog Entries

Default Azure Lime is underrated.

Say what you want, but I think Azure Lime is the finest lime fragrance I've come across so far. It actually lasts on my skin, too.

Yes, the price is absurd, but I love the stuff.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Default Re: Azure Lime is underrated.

I haven't tried this one yet but plan to this summer. I will say that I've been impressed by the quality of those in the TF lineup that I have tried thus far.

I love TFPB's as much as anyone on the forum, but I personally wasn't a fan of this one. It turned into almost an aquatic on my skin after what I considered an incredibly promising opening. The lime and most of the essence of this fragrance fade after the first minutes to my nose.
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

I'm a big fan of Tom Ford but, I found Azure Lime to be highly disappointing. The opening is quite nice although, it doesn't last longer than 30 min and progresses into a tart musky woody scents with a subtle floral background. Altogether, it was boring and not that long lasting. Hardly worth the price they're asking for and relatively boring as well.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefish View Post
    I love TFPB's as much as anyone on the forum, but I personally wasn't a fan of this one. It turned into almost an aquatic on my skin after what I considered an incredibly promising opening. The lime and most of the essence of this fragrance fade after the first minutes to my nose.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    I'm a big fan of Tom Ford but, I found Azure Lime to be highly disappointing. The opening is quite nice although, it doesn't last longer than 30 min and progresses into a tart musky woody scents with a subtle floral background. Altogether, it was boring and not that long lasting. Hardly worth the price they're asking for and relatively boring as well.
    Can you guys think of any better lime fragrances?
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Azure Lime started off with opening notes of lime, orange and a little mint. It was very nice but unfortunately the excitement didn’t last and the fragrances ended up being a little bland in my opinion.
    - Expect the unexpected

Quote Originally Posted by Grottola View Post
    Of the ones I've tried, West Indian Lime, Nouveau Bowery, Extract of Limes, Sweet Lime and Cedar and Virgin Island Water (though lime is not the most prominent note)
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Quote Originally Posted by MrFragranceReview View Post
    Same for me.
    Five that I am enjoying right now

1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
    2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
    4) Devin by Aramis
    5) Coromandel by Chanel

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I also think AL is quite good. Comparing it with other (dissimilar) frags form the TFPBs does not help matters, analysis-wise though. I do not have any longevity issues with it, and never expected the lime note to last so long, so i am not disappointed because i also like the woody, white musk base.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Absolutely beautiful scent. Could possibly be a little stronger, but I still love it.

Yeah, I think it's hugely underrated too. If it wasn't by Tom Ford, some people in here would be drooling all over it.

I agree with OP, excellent lime fragrance. Longevity can be disappointing if ya don't figure out what does it justice. After having gone through many many samples of this, it works very well with 2 sprays to the chest (on clothing) and one to the back of the neck. And even one on each wrist if you'd like. This will last a good 8 hours or so. The top notes stick to the clothing and blend with the base notes that were sprayed on the skin, the base notes of an already rather linear fragrance.. The result.. prolonged longevity.

Gap: The Natural, is easily the longest lasting lime based fragrance I've tried, but when comparing the quality of the limes, Azuree wins by a landslide.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    Absolutely beautiful scent. Could possibly be a little stronger, but I still love it.

Yeah, I think it's hugely underrated too. If it wasn't by Tom Ford, some people in here would be drooling all over it.
    I agree, and I would call it as well a "beautiful" scent rather than a "great" one. I think the underrated bit comes because of the price, which is honestly absurd, considering that it does not really stand out from the rest of the Private Blends. Yet, very pleasant scent, although Jo Malone's Sweet Lime and Cedar has got a very similar opening and pretty much same projection.
    Did you try it? It's not bad at all...
    l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

I don't think it's underrated, but it may be under-appreciated.
    It's a good scent, but overpriced, from my perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by lupo View Post
    Jo Malone's Sweet Lime and Cedar has got a very similar opening and pretty much same projection.
    Ooh, I'll try that one tomorrow. Thanks!

Montale Aoud Lime - strange lime, not soliflore lime, but nice.
    Bond No 9 Coney Island - extra limey margarita and candy, lasts all day.
    YMMV
    I smell marshmallows!

Azure lime's longevity is deceptive because it can seem to last for only 30 minutes or so but it in fact lasts all day. Something about the musk may block our olfactory receptors but I've have others compliment me after 8 hours of wearing it and I could not detect it.

I too think it's under appreciated. Perhaps because of the price and lack of complexity/intensity. I will forward to wearing it during summer.

Truefitt & Hill's West Indian Limes
    Trumper's Extract of West Indian Limes
    Creed Virgin Island Water
    St. John's Bay Rum with Lime
    Penhaligon's Extract of Limes

Even Floris' awful Lime is preferrable.
    Pretty much any Lime fragrance I've tried I was more pleased with than Ford's effort.
    Tom Ford's Azure Lime is really NOT a lime fragrance in the way that both "Lime" montale's aren't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Futami View Post
    Azure lime's longevity is deceptive because it can seem to last for only 30 minutes or so but it in fact lasts all day. Something about the musk may block our olfactory receptors but I've have others compliment me after 8 hours of wearing it and I could not detect it.
    Oh it lasts; it just stops smelling like lime.
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefish View Post
    Oh it lasts; it just stops smelling like lime.
    I kind of agree. The lime takes a back seat after an hour or so and then this gorgeous sheer musk takes over. That's what I love about this one more than anything. I don't want a strictly lime smell. The musk in this one, mixed with the lime, is what does it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by lupo View Post
    although Jo Malone's Sweet Lime and Cedar has got a very similar opening and pretty much same projection.
    I tried it today, but wasn't too keen I'm afraid. Too much cedar for me I think! Thanks for the suggestion though.