Code of Conduct

Default Oh zino!!!! I'm in love!!!!!

Greetings Basenoters,

A few weeks back I was interested in getting a bottle of Zino. I had tried it years ago (around 1988 I think) and wasn't ready for it. I had read some reviews and it made me want to try again. I couldn't find it anywhere locally so I went online and purchased a bottle.

Unique to say the least. I fell in love, head over heels straight away. I've never been a fan of rose but this is dark and delicious. The mental image I get of this is dark red satin or dark red rubies. Rubbing my hands in blood red rose petals at midnight. Soooo beautiful. I find it cool and warm at the same time. Weird I know.

I've worn it a few times. One wearing was to a friends b'day for dinner and drinks. I had at least five compliments that night that ranged from 'Oooh, that's lovely' to 'God, that's sexy'!!!! I don't think I've ever worn a fragrance that has got this sort of response. My friend thought I smelled like a 'old whore'. Jealeous me thinks.

The best was my first wearing. My wife got home and hugged me at the end of the day. 'What's that you've got on? Smells like hot sex'!!! She's become a real fan.

One thing though and I hope this doesn't become a worry. I may be getting a little nauseous from it. I can't really tell yet- I'll have to try it a few more times to see. I'm feeling positive though.

What a fragrance.
    La vita č breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Oh zino!!!! I'm in love!!!!!

A softer approach to the Zino idea is Mesmerize for Men by Avon, so if it does start to really bother you, that one is worth a try.

Post Thanks / Like

one year of battling whether i should buy it or not, you finally pushed it over the top. Just ordered. I hope my results are similar

My advice is never to wear it two days in a row. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Indeed yes: deep, dark, complex, spicy and wonderfully versatile

Post Thanks / Like

How would this go down as a day time fragrance in hot weather?

It's really hot where I am in Australia and I'm surprised how well Zino is performing. I think it's versatile enough to cope with the heat. I have a dinner to go to in a week or so and will be wearing a dinner suit and am looking forward to sporting Zino with it. I will be careful though not to be too heavy handed.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zino is a fantastic fragrance. Five stars all the way for me. Damn shame it's been discontinued.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    Zino is a fantastic fragrance. Five stars all the way for me. Damn shame it's been discontinued.
    Are you sure about that? From what I can tell it was re-released.

Post Thanks / Like

I've read somewhere that Johnny Depp wears Zino. And somehow that sounds about right. He should be hired for the add, Davidoff income will go double in no time...
    Ŕ l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Zino is magnificent. I found a bottle at a discount chemist (Greg's) but they only got one in. Salvador Dali Pour Homme to me is a deeper darker stronger version of Zino.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scent-e-mental View Post
    Zino is magnificent. I found a bottle at a discount chemist (Greg's) but they only got one in. Salvador Dali Pour Homme to me is a deeper darker stronger version of Zino.
    you just pushed me over the edge for dali pour homme. I will hold you responsible in both cases.

It's a classic and timeless.

A good friend of mine said that he tried Zino but didn't like the opening. Strange how we differ on these things. I don't get that at all and find every stage of this fragrance top notch. I wore this yesterday and after a shower last night I spritzed some more and could smell it's beautiful scent this morning. I went online and purchased another bottle- this fragrance has opened a new world for me! I also like that where I live this seems to be a little known scent. Certainly among the more mature men it may still have a home but it cannot be purchased anywhere in the stores that I've seen. Zino is mind blowing for me!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Zino is an amazing fragrance. You'd better stock up, guys:

http://www.basenotes.net/content/362...l-discontinued
    Snarky is as snarky does.

Post Thanks / Like

How does this compare to Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme?

Hi Duke,

I personally can't say. It's been many years since I've worn D&G homme. Any other basenoters on this?

Interesting that I met up for a drink with a good mate yesterday and he commented on my fragrance. He couldn't believe it was Zino. He's buying a bottle today!!!