Code of Conduct

Default For everyday warm weather: Perry Ellis 360 Red or Versace Pour Homme?

Hi Basenoters!

I sampled Versace Pour Homme once and liked it a lot: fresh, clean, subtle. I think it's very great for the heat. But being a student, I want to find ways to save some money, since I just want an ordinary fragrance for everyday. I haven't tried (and can't sample) 360 red anywhere but read some really good reviews about it. What would your opinions be regarding these fragrances (projection/sillage/longevity/compliments)?

Which one should I go for, the more expensive Versace or the cheap-but-formidable 360 red?

Default Re: For everyday warm weather: Perry Ellis 360 Red or Versace Pour Homme?

Blanc, where are you located that you can't sample 360 Red? Anyway, I prefer the inexpensive 360 Red to Versace PH, but I suspect I'm in a minority here. Both are very wearable, and if you're trying to save money, the choice is obvious. However, those who dislike 360 Red really seem to hate it. It is very similar to AdG, especially its topnotes, so if you don't like that very fresh, potent opening, Versace PH might be the way to go. However, the pepper and cedar in 360 Red are brilliant and bloom well in the heat.

Regards,
    T

My Wardrobe:
    Yves St. Laurent Live Jazz
    Comme des Garcons Vettiveru
    Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Comme des Garcons 2 Man

Default Re: For everyday warm weather: Perry Ellis 360 Red or Versace Pour Homme?

360 Red incorporates a prominent sweet cinnamon note and has a fizzy cola texture. It's reminiscent of Acqua di Gio but still quite different because of those properties (think "Big Red" gum). I found it to be more suitable for spring or fall weather because of the strong cinnamon in the heart and base.

If it has to be from these two: Versace Pour Homme

I haven't tried Versace PH but own 360 Red. Red is not as light as it sounds. It has great sillage and longevity and it smells great. However, I wouldn't wear it in scorching heat unless it you only spray once or twice. I think it works better as a summer night fragrance believe it or not, along with spring and fall in the daytime.

If you're looking for something that is casual that can endure the heat without making everyone around you cough, I'd strongly suggest Chrome or Nautica Voyage. I'd also recommend the original Eternity for Men.
    "You do not merely want to be considered just the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones who do what you do." J.G.

Basenotes Junkie

I own both and like them equally. VPH is a fresher frag for those warmer summer days, whereas PE360red can carry you into the cooler months of fall very well, even winter, because of the spiciness and cinnamin notes. They are both great inexpensive frags that I enjoy, each for different reasons/ occasions/ weather. OUT.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    If it has to be from these two: Versace Pour Homme
    I'd agree with this. Perry Ellis 360 Red has a Big Red Gum kind of smell that I just can't do. For me, it's a scrubber. Versace Pour Homme is quite nice.

I own and love both of these. Either will work beautifully, and both are versatile enough to be worn in cooler seasons as well (VPH because of its sweeter base & Red because of the slight spicy cinnamon note). I'd rate both of these a lot higher than most typical summer aquatics.

If possible, I'd recommend getting both of these. I saw 360 Red 1.7 oz at Ross this past weekend for $14.99, and VPH can be found online for around $40 for a large bottle if u look around.
    Last edited by BrianH1016; 9th August 2012 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post
    I own and love both of these. Either will work beautifully, and both are versatile enough to be worn in cooler seasons as well (VPH because of its sweeter base & Red because of the slight spicy cinnamon note). I'd rate both of these a lot higher than most typical summer aquatics.

If possible, I'd recommend getting both of these. I saw 360 Red 1.7 oz at Ross this past weekend for $14.99, and VPH can be found online for around $40 for a large bottle if u look around.
    + 1. Both are great. Red can be found for so cheap that if you like it, you should have it.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird

I have both of these... well 360 red is really for my son when he starts school in a few weeks but these scents really do not compare. I for one would choose versace pour homme every time but I find 360 red to be a pretty good fragrance as well. 360 red should be fine for you but just don't expect it to smell like VPH, like other have said it is more on the spicier side.
    Living each day one spray at a time

red is like adg but with a cinnamon note makes it acceptable for summer days but great for summer night

Basenotes Junkie

I got a 6.7 oz bottle of PE 360 red for like $30 from Amazon a couple months ago. So there's that.