Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Question What would a fragrance named after your locale smell like? (2 answers please: 1 snarky, 1 sincere)

This website (http://www.mna.cc/perfume/), which purports to offer fragrances based on U.S. states, got us thinking. What name and notes would personify your geographic location?

Of course, we'd enjoy your lampooning your area, but a genuine rendering would be lovely, too.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: What would a fragrance named after your locale smell like? (2 answers please: 1 snarky, 1 sincer

As we live in the ever-sunny Southwest, how about Smogberry?

On the other hand, how about Desert Flower? Something dry and floral.

Fun idea for a thread, Quarry.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

Default Re: What would a fragrance named after your locale smell like? (2 answers please: 1 snarky, 1 sincer

Primrose, do you remember Shulton Desert Flower? I see a number of bottles on eBay.

I'm in Alabama. So my first fragrance would be:

Eau de Barbequed Ribs Extreme.

My second fragrance:

Southern Night--with heavy notes of gardenia and pine and a miniature lightning bug on the label.

Oh, I like this question.
    I am in Tampa.
    I think the lampoon smell would be a mildew-car exhaust-old people smell.
    The complimentary smell would be the sunny rain and lightning mixed with the scent of cooking plantains.

Blog Entries

Connecticut: Eau de Commuter Congestion. It should have a very slow development with periods of linearity as everything stands still.
    Our highways are inadequate to the flow of traffic to and from NY.

For Real: Nutmeg State, with notes of maple, nutmeg and tobacco (an historic crop here)
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 25th January 2011 at 02:30 PM.

No idea of a name, but traditionally I'd say the combination of ripe peaches, sweet tea and freshly spun cotton.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Well, I live in Copenhagen, so:

Eau de Tivoli - candyfloss; candied almonds; and a touch of star anise

Eau du Denemark - salt(-water); pinewood; tulip; rose ... and bacon?

Belgian Fries Intense in Parfum concentration... As you all know, fries are Belgian, not French... :P

And as for a serious scent, something aquatic, earthy and smoky at the same time... Called Rain, of course...

Quote Originally Posted by Baldufita View Post
    As you all know, fries are Belgian, not French... :P
    Yeah, you guys have the strangest national dish: Fries!

I live in Central Jersey...Newark is 45 minutes away so...Eau de Sulfur Stench would do.

I also live 10 minutes from Princeton University...grand homes, green fields, and Einstein's old stomping ground...so I imagine a scent that has notes of lemon-floor wax, pipe tobacco, parchment, with a hint of garden florals mixed with ivy.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Yeah, you guys have the strangest national dish: Fries!
    And muscles... And Jean-Claude Van Damme...

You love them, just admit it already...

A Northwest Indiana fragrance would have to smell of Sweet Corn, Lake Michigan, Dune Grass, Wildflowers and Sweat. Lot's of hard working people living here! Not, however, completely un-refined...we are only 45 miles outside of Chicago! FUN!

...oh yeah, the name....

How about "IN". I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldufita View Post
    You love them, just admit it already...
    Oh, but I do ... they have always been one of my sinful pleasures!

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    A Northwest Indiana fragrance would have to smell of Sweet Corn, Lake Michigan, Dune Grass, Wildflowers and Sweat.
    Indiana seems to smell nicer than over here in Chicago!

Snarky: mustard and sport peppers!
    Sincere: wet concrete, lilacs, and snow!
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Oh, but I do ... they have always been one of my sinful pleasures!

We'd get along pretty well then... :P

I live a mile down the road from David Austin Roses so
    I'd choose a scent called The Rose Next Door.

Sarcastically I would name a scent Stuck Behind A Tractor Again because I always am
    round these parts!
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Blog Entries

I hate to sound too snarky, but there are the typical farm animal scents in abundance in the country. And there is the curious, slightly fermented smell of a grain bin. Oh, and don't forget the cat pee.

Of course, on the other hand, we have the best steaks in the world, grasses and flowers in the countryside. In my cityscape, I am fortunate to have abundant flowers and pines. So, maybe something smoky, that smells of spring flowers and sunshine on grass.
    Last edited by kumquat; 25th January 2011 at 08:12 PM.

Hmmm...Austin Tx would fondly and jokingly smell like bat guano, hippies, car exhaust and computer parts (metal, oil, and electricity?).

But the local scents I am most fond of, and associate with Austin, would be a combined scent of: Mountain laurel flowers, cedar trees, sun warmed skin and warm pavement.

Blog Entries

What would a working port smell like?
    Eau de Seagull droppings, as shrill as their cries? Sealion's Share? (a bunch of fish and fishscraps in case you wondered)

On the other hand, Quarry told me at one point that my skin must smell green from living near the mossy trees west of the Cascades... So, Spirit of the Old Forest (a.k.a. IFRA won't get here!) -- pinecones, moss, and mushrooms in abundance, and beautiful smell of wet soil that knows a lot of rain... mmm... that wouldn't be my style, I guess, but I am sure that if DSH bottled this, many people here would love them some. Spirit of the Old Forest, anyone?

Great thread, Quarry!
    Last edited by Warum; 25th January 2011 at 07:35 PM. Reason: got carried away and just couldn't stop

I live in Elkton.

It would smell like an elk!

I think I can probably mix snark and affection into one bottle. I'd call it Scamander and it would have a gentle green aquatic feel. Linden blossoms and lavender would layer over tea and the vanillic scent of old books. Canny sniffers would catch a touch of sun warmed old brickwork and grassy cow breath. Just the mention of the name would make people go misty about the pre-IFRA versions. Post IFRA, the scent has become a generic crowd pleasing summery aquatic, playing on it's heritage to charge a ridiculous pricetag.
    Out here we are running for the wide open spaces, the road-smell after the rain.

I live in The Bronx. The perfume might be called "No Thonx" and would smell like poverty, garbage, urine, cheap hairspray and truck exhaust.

A less snarky version might be "Concourse Water" and smell like Florida water, chuchifritos and churches.

In Southern Ohio.....
    1. Skyline Chili or Montgomery Inn Ribs
    2. Procter & Gamble is HUGE in my city so it has to be a P&G product!!!
    Great Thread!!!
    Gary

California's Central Valley
    Snarky: Essence of cow manure, chemical defoliant & truck exhuast - Hey, perfect for the trucker's fragrance!
    Sincere: Aldehydes (because I like them!), a little fresh cotton flower,orange & orange blossom, almond blossom & tomato leaf.

I'm in Alabama near Huntsville(aka.The Rocket City) so snarky:Rocket fuel,burned rubber,and the sweat from a fat balding engineer.
    One of Alabama's major crops is cotton-so sincere :clean cotton scent.

Wichita:

Great: sunshine, fresh air, wheat fields, fresh grass and sunflowers

Snarky: the sewage treatment plant mixed with bison poop (Dan brings the smell home from the zoo. Lucky I love animalic!)
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    I live a mile down the road from David Austin Roses ...
    I would love to live so close to Austin roses!

Seemingly endless rain in summertime -L'ondee without the Apres

Whether that's the good or bad is probably a question of perspective.

From the Texas Panhandle:

The Smell of Money: Topnotes of Jalapeno, midnotes of Morning Feedyard (particularly strong when the wind blows from the southwest), and basenotes of Gasoline Refinery and Pickup Truck Exhaust. That's what everyone around here says when you can smell the fermented cow manure for miles - "That's the smell of money..."

But the sincere version would be Summer Backyard: Honeysuckle, cut grass, tomato leaf and basil. At least that's what mine smells like in the summertime, and it's awesome.
    Last edited by coopmom; 26th January 2011 at 03:21 AM.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Basenotes Plus

I live in northeastern New Jersey. I will avoid the obvious & go with "My back yard":

Snarky would be Eau de Animale - Over the years, I have had deer (of course), wild turkeys, raptors of various kinds, a black bear, turtles, snakes, bats, raccoons, chipmunks, Bob the squirrel (he & his offspring have nubby tails) & two swarms of feral honeybees. Imagine the combined scents of all of that, or not.

Sincere: The Garden: Old garden roses (I grow 33 different kinds), iris, honeysuckle, lupine, bluebell, Heirloom tomato leaf, thyme, white & black mint.
    Last edited by RHM; 26th January 2011 at 01:08 PM.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Hillaire

Austin, Texas

My snarky scent, called either "Bobos in Paradise" "Affected Hipster Ennui", is an extreme-niche, slow-movement musky gourmand, with notes of cumin, cannabis, smoke, jalapeños, wet dog, vintage volvo bio-diesel fuel, and infused with wasabi leather

My sincere scent, called "Bohemian Urban Garden" is a bright, fresh, herbacious floriental, with notes of heirloom rose, lantana, tomato leaf, and rosemary over an insense and cedar base
    Last edited by Hillaire; 26th January 2011 at 05:20 AM.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Your wonderful replies took on an aspect I hadn't anticipated: The snarkies weren't so barbarous as enlightening and informative. And your sincere imaginings strike me as being worthy of development by the best perfume houses … seriously. The names, too, are better than most of the ones entering the marketplace. I mean, “The Rose Next Door,” come on! Doesn't that conjure the best possible notion?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Great thread idea!!

Here are my scents of Melbourne

Snarky: eau de Emo Kid the scent of too much hair gel, car fumes, and the stench of train station bathrooms - this is the scent of Flinders street station aka home of the Emo kids.

Sincere: The ultimate Melbourne scent Cafe Laneway a scent of freshly brewed coffee, organic blueberry muffins and newspaper
    My perfume blog: Girl With the Curious Nose

Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door -Coco Chanel

Currently lusting after:
    - Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere
    - Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose
    - Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille

Stockholm, Sweden... tough to bone out the snarky from the sincere, this city is too close to my heart for that, I think.

Anyway. The snarky one might be called something short and minimalist, say, sthlmmtthjrt, in lowercase only. It's from one of those haughty little niche houses that won't condescend to give anything like a lucid list of notes; when pressed, they may mention granite, saltwater, northern light and snow on the air. The copy is extremely pretentious, and the scent itself barely smells of anything at all; it's a pale, slightly salty aquatic.

The sincere one is called Luma and has notes of train wheels, salt, birch leaves, hagberry flowers, wet pavement, tar, oak and spruce.

I LOVE this thread! I want to try The Rose Next Door, Spirit of the Old Forest, and several others!

I live in the lower Sierra foothills of Northern California. Our county is poor, but it has its beauty, too.

Snarky: Fresh marijuana leaves, meth lab fumes, gunpowder, with a dash of unwashed outlaw. I think I'd call it No Trespassing.

Sincere: Miner's lettuce, wild blackberries, scotch broom, laurel, and oak. Let's call it Gold Country.
    Last edited by Haunani; 30th January 2011 at 08:36 PM.

What a great thread!

I live in Honolulu. Everything is close by (ocean and/or mountains are never really more than 10-15 minutes away)....

Sincere: I gotta go with the two most obvious first - Shore (warm, salty air in the shade of the ironwoods) or Rainforest (tropical florals, wet leaves and dirt) - and how about Ohana (family) with smokiness from grills, florals from lei, and warmth with a touch of sweat from all the hugs.

Snarky: I guess I would go with the more unattractive things like ...Waikiki Beach (loud rude tuberose plus cheapie tanning lotion with loud fake coconut note) or Overdevelopment (ash, diesel exhaust, and everything else that goes with trying to build more cr*p on an ISLAND). I guess since I mentioned how valued the extended family is here, I better also keep some perspective and suggest Crazy Aunty (notes of cigarette smoke, cheap beer, bad breath, and inappropriate questions - wait, does the last one have a smell?).

I guess Crazy Aunty isn't unique to Hawaii. LOL

RainDrop, I love those! Ohana – what a great idea and name! :-)

Basenotes Plus

Great thread!

Snarky- Topnotes of city's official flower the Poinsettia (which doesn't have a smell), with a heart of jalapeno & wasabi (because we only have Mexican & sushi restaurants- all others open and quickly close), on a base of the smell of thrift stores, agricultural fertilizer (which you can smell for miles several times a year), and the saltiness of a fog engulfed beach.

Serious- Ghost of Orchards Past Quickly fading topnotes of lemon and orange blossoms in memory of all the orchards removed for development, popular drought tolerant salvias (leucantha, clevelandii), lavendars and mint, fruity floral heart notes of my neighborhood's trees & vines- juicy loquat, figs, night-blooming jasmine vines, datura, and a dash of concord grapes on a base of freshly turned earth.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Some Houston Scents:

Boulevard Oaks - Magnolia, gardenia and rose, salt breeze over rain-soaked earth, on (of course) oak moss base.

Urban Sprawl: A delicate whiff of refineries and ship channel oil slicks, giving way to scorching tar pavement, turgid bayou water and citronella mosquito repellent, with just a hint of animalic dog droppings, on a base of rubbing alcohol from the med center.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Connecticut:

Joe Connecticut - the fragrance embodiment of your typical upper middle-class Connecticut working male. smells of fabric softened chinos and polo shirts, cool and metallic Rolex watchbands, and the light tingle of cocaine-smattered money.

Seriously: October - Red Apple, Galbanum, White Birch, Geranium, Violet, Rose, Cedar, Clove

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by kauinca View Post
    California's Central Valley
    Snarky: Essence of cow manure, chemical defoliant & truck exhuast - Hey, perfect for the trucker's fragrance!
    Sincere: Aldehydes (because I like them!), a little fresh cotton flower,orange & orange blossom, almond blossom & tomato leaf.
    LOL ! I can relate to that! Sometimes the Central Valley - in summer - wafts manure so far in - I'm amazed .
    Though in Spring , the scent of confederate jasmine is outstandingly beautiful .

So my take .....
    Humorous suggestion - Eau de Animale Californicate - barnyard , barnyard , dust and gas.

Serious suggestion -Floral Valley ..... like Carnal Flower or Creed's Jasmal. Jasmine , gardenia and tuberose - green and floral gorgeous air.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Talking Re: What would a fragrance named after your locale smell like? (2 answers please: 1 snarky, 1 sincer

Bermuda

Lobster Frost - Particular mix you get around tourists in the summer; notes to include eau de long day of baking in the sun (with its residue of coconut sun cream), rum, and some iced citrusy beverage with too much sugar

Morning Glory - cut grass, dew, a little salt, spice leaf, frangipani
    - LILY

Blog Entries

Since I live in the very center of California and therefore agriculture; eau de dirt with notes of pesticides and the extreme heat of summer. (LOL)

Almond flower: almond flowers and sweet honey with a touch of iris.

What a fun topic! Love all the humorous and more serious replies.

I'm in Nebraska like kumquat, but a different city (Omaha).

Snarky: Stockyards, the fragrance! Its aroma is self-evident.

Serious: Old Market. This is a beautiful part of town reclaimed from turn-of-the-century brick warehouses, featuring luscious blooming gardens, art galleries, upscale restaurants and fancy boutiques. The fragrance would smell of fine cigars, quality booze, leather, springtime blossoms and a touch of incense.

1.) Barbecue.

2.) Fresh air and spring florals.
    Olfacta
    also at http://olfactarama.blogspot.com
    Musings and random thoughts about the genie in the bottle

I live in inland, country Australia where it is 5c degrees in Winter and 45c degrees in Summer (and no beach).

So am thinking.....

Weather extreme' - burnt plastic, chlorine, menthol (cough lollies) and wet concrete with dead grasshopper basenote.

OZgasmic - Australian Native Frangipani, gardenia,freshly cut grass and Australian Sandalwood (with dead grasshopper basenote)
    “If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” Tallulah Bankhead - Actress

I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina....

It is obvious...but it could be

Tango:
    fresh champagne top notes
    androgynous roses in the middle
    and melancholic iris and carrot at the base

or, less obvious,

Paris du sud:
    citrus and sparkling aldeydes
    carnation and lilies
    animalic muscs and mosses

Kentucky:

Sincere: Appalachian Trail, with fresh mountain air, fiddle rosin, bluegrass, spicebush berries, goldenrod, queen anne's lace, the sun on leaves, a fast sweet stream, forest trail dirt, and burning wood.

Snarky: Kentucky Derby, with horse sweat, leather, hay, steaming poo, and pounded earth.
    Last edited by rhiannon_chiana; 6th February 2011 at 02:22 AM.

I'll give two sincere ones. Locale is Istanbul.

Boğazda (By the bosphorus)- A classic attraction in Istanbul has to be the bosphorus. In hundreds of restaurants by the coastline, people usually enjoy drinking raki with accompanying mezzes. Notes could be watermelon, honeydew, salt, anise, olive oil and some aromatics.

Tophane - Another popular place for tourists and locals alike is tophane. Smoke some nargile, drink some coffee, maybe play a round of backgammon. Notes: apple flavored tobacco, coffee.

Blog Entries

For Berkeley,

Snarky: homeless punk kid urine mixed with marijuana.

Real: Huge eucalyptus groves surrounded with pink jasmine, which is EVERYWHERE here, with marijuana
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

I live in Seoul, South Korea, but I'm originally from Los Angeles, so I guess I'm qualified to do two

LA--

Snarky: heavy-handed notes of smog, stale fish tacos, the unique and awful stench of road tar baking in the summer sun, eventually fading into the smell of bird droppings and urine on the streets... or maybe something sickly-sweet, a parody of all the Hollywood celeb frags

Sincere: something beautifully warm and sleepy...the smell of sunshine and salt air and taffy, with hints of something almost metallic and industrial. Simultaneously, it would be spicy and evoke memories of ethnic supermarkets and the very best food trucks

Seoul--

Snarky: the smell of concrete, stale bubblegum, and sweating drunkards, combined with a liberal dose of leaking sewage and fermenting fish in the markets

Sincere: the smell of rain when it hits the pavement, hints of the sickly-sweet, petrol smell of soju, the sour, acidic, but somehow pleasant smell of kimchi, all of it with an edge of sensual cigarette smokiness and roses
    "What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual addiction." Chuck Palahniuk

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Here is south Florida you would definitely find/smell:

sincere:

Coconut
    Key Lime
    Mango
    Papaya
    Neroli
    Grapefruit
    Oak Moss
    Night Blooming Jasmine
    Frangipani

snarky:

Early Bird Dinner
    Burning Sugar Cane Field
    Air Conditioning
    Unemployed Worker
    I-95 Road Debris
    Speed Trap
    Good Ol' Boy
    Old Fart
    Last edited by kbe; 6th February 2011 at 02:08 PM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Nobody's done my home state of Pennsylvania yet so I guess I will add two more:

Snarky-
    Yinzer- Heinz tomato ketchup, pierogies, city bus exhaust, molten steel.
    Nice-
    Penn's Woods- Hershey's chocolate, mountain laurel, the moss on glacial rocks, moist forest trail earth, dry Amish farm dirt.
    Last edited by rhiannon_chiana; 6th February 2011 at 04:44 PM.

duplicate
    Last edited by rhiannon_chiana; 6th February 2011 at 04:35 PM. Reason: deleted duplicate

What entertaining posts!

The state of Virginia:

Snarky.
    Mouchoir de Mr Jefferson: a contradictory blend of idealism and self-righteousness, liberation and repression, over an unfortunate base of skeletons in the closet.

Real:
    Vintage Magnolia: fresh top notes of flowering trees in bloom, with a dash of salt water and and mountain air; stemmy green and herbal mid- notes with deep roots; over a sweet and tenacious base of amber and heirloom roses.
    Last edited by Nostalgie; 7th February 2011 at 04:52 AM.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

My snarky scent, called either "Bobos in Paradise" "Affected Hipster Ennui", is an extreme-niche, slow-movement musky gourmand, with notes of cumin, cannabis, smoke, jalapeños, wet dog, vintage volvo bio-diesel fuel, and infused with wasabi leather
    Ha! Love this. It would work well for Vancouver as well, switching out the jalapenos for coffee, maybe, and cumin for sushi rice.

Hmmm. So, Montreal.

Snarky: a slush/car oil combo note with a sprinkling of white boy in skinny jeans and a greasy french fry drydown

Serious: I think it would have to be something skanky and decadent. ELdO would probably do something fitting. Cig smoke, leather, lilac (there is a big lilac bush behind my house and every spring it makes the whole street smell wonderful), and a single deliberately synthetic-smelling note. Inappropriate fruity drink, maybe?
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    What would a working port smell like?
    Eau de Seagull droppings, as shrill as their cries? Sealion's Share? (a bunch of fish and fishscraps in case you wondered)

On the other hand, Quarry told me at one point that my skin must smell green from living near the mossy trees west of the Cascades... So, Spirit of the Old Forest (a.k.a. IFRA won't get here!) -- pinecones, moss, and mushrooms in abundance, and beautiful smell of wet soil that knows a lot of rain... mmm... that wouldn't be my style, I guess, but I am sure that if DSH bottled this, many people here would love them some. Spirit of the Old Forest, anyone?

Great thread, Quarry!
    I love it, Warum! A new gift shop item at Sea Lion Caves! lol. Your second one sounds like a potential Christopher Brosius creation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    Austin, Texas

My snarky scent, called either "Bobos in Paradise" "Affected Hipster Ennui", is an extreme-niche, slow-movement musky gourmand, with notes of cumin, cannabis, smoke, jalapeños, wet dog, vintage volvo bio-diesel fuel, and infused with wasabi leather.
    Quote Originally Posted by LedByMyNose View Post
    Ha! Love this. It would work well for Vancouver as well, switching out the jalapenos for coffee, maybe, and cumin for sushi rice.
    That's exactly where I'm going with mine, too.

I live somewhere in between Oregon's two largest cities, so my 'snarky' is reminiscent of them. It's a dirty, smokey spicy scent. There is cannabis and cigarette smoke, patchouli, cumin, and ammonia.

For my sincere.... Oregon is showing up on the culinary map, and Northwest cuisine has gone so far as to earn itself a themed restaurant in Disney World. This one is a sweet, somewhat dark gourmand with a fruity, boozy opening (for the number of really good vineyards west of the Cascades), blueberry, pear, chocolate, hazelnut, earthy mushroom, a milky accord, and coffee.
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 24th February 2011 at 04:25 PM. Reason: adding something

Blog Entries

Oh, yum! Oregon gourmand! Way to go, Sunnyfunny, I'd sniff that one! Can we have Pierre Guillaume make that one? One can dream, right?

I live in Glendale, CA, just on the other side of the hill from downtown L.A. It's a small city backing up into the foothills, crossed by one major freeway and bounded by two others, and has the largest Armenian population in the world outside of Armenia proper. Our scents would be:

Eau de Kebab Intense -- sparkling with heady notes of powdered sumac berries, grilled chicken, garlic, and Turkish-style coffee, with a lush sexy drydown redolent of auto exhaust and tarry asphalt. A unisex fragrance suitable for casual daywear.

And on the serious side:

Manzanita Sauvage The scent of the hillsides in late spring, when they begin to dry out -- manzanita, wild sage, grasses -- combined with the common landscape plantings down the hillside where the city begins: osmanthus, citrus flowers, salvia, star jasmine, honeysuckle. Plus a nice dose of something animalic, like civet, in honor of the deer, skunks, bobcats, and coyotes that move between the city streets and the hillsides. Plus the sumac berries from the Kebab scent -- they can be the Glendale house signature!
    This scent is great, but ... MORE KITTENS!