Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default SOTD Wednesday 02 March 2011

Happy Humpday!

Fracas Parfum by Robert Piguet.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Default Re: SOTD Wednesday 02 March 2011

Remnants of SL Fleurs de Citronnier from yesterday night...

Chanel Bois des Iles today.

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Serge Lutens Gris Clair.

Notes include lavender, amber, tonka bean, iris, dry wood and incense.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

SotD is L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme

Here's hoping Twolf and knit_at_nite are feeling healthier today.

Basenotes Plus

Bvlgari Black *yum*

Dear Wolfie and Knit_at_nite, I hope you are feeling better xoxo

Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Testing:

- XerJoff's Dhajala
    - Frederic Malle's Une Rose

I'm not pleased with any of them.
    Dhajala smells like Allure Homme,
    and Une Rose just manifests that
    I'm not a fan of pure rose.

Reading Perfume Posse's post on tea and coffee scents this morning led to me reaching for my Tea for Two decant for today's SOTD.

Neil Morris Perfume "Summer Of Love" and the radio station is playing Bob Dylan, LOL! very retro today... The smell is good, it started out kinda sharp, it's got something floral and sweet in there but buried below cedar & patchouli & hint of musk.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Wednesday 02 March 2011

Jean-Paul Guerlain's

HABIT ROUGE

Eau de Toilette

G U E R L A I N
    P A R I S
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Good morning everyone!

Sending get well wishes to Twolf and Knit_at_nite.

My SotD is Private Collection Amber Ylang Ylang by Estee Lauder. Notes are Bergamot, Geranium,
    Ylang Ylang absolute, Bulgarian Rose, Cinnamon, Frankincense, Amber, Sandalwood and Vanilla.

Somehow I am still out of Thank Yous this morning, but I would like to thank everybody for your words of support and encouragement. Mr.T sends his hugs back too.

As promised, here is a list of March Birthdays:
    03/09/1923 -- Andre Courreges;
    03/10/1956 -- Helmut Lang;
    03/14/1942 -- Serge Lutens (between tigrushka and Lady_in_Black, no wonder they are all in this together);
    03/23/1976 -- Ayala Sender (Ayala Moriel);
    03/24/1940 -- Robert (Bob) Mackie;
    03/30/1932 -- Jean L.H.Bousquet Cacharel;
    03/31/1929 -- Elizabeth Claiborne.
    If I am forgetting someone, please let us know.

I am in L'Artisan Parfumeur Mimosa pour Moi -- first it was my bottle, then it was from Brielle's bottle and now these two last installments are from 30R. March-ey!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Feel Better, Twolf and Knit_at-nite!

Not in any scent yet; later.

Working through samples again today so:
    SotD Profumum Dulcis in Fundo
    SotE Guerlain Iris Ganache

Good morning everyone Today I really,really HAVE to start editing an assignmnet that needs to be approved by my teacher soon. The weather is grey and it seems like it's raining. Hopefully it's not too slippery outside! Today I'm scent-twin with Candy Perfume Boy in Fracas ( but I'm in the edp) Hope you all have a nice day.

Along with devilcat, having a Chanel day...#18 left over from last night and post shower will be Rue Cambon 31!
    Robin in Fl ~ I own and love Morris' Summer of Love...I think the flower might be Narcissus...

Happy Wednesday people!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

You are a force of nature, Twolf.Hang in there.

Attache-Moi under blue skies. Yay! (Won't stay that way long though, according to the meteorologists. Boo!)

Tackling the to-do list today. Let's conquer Wednesday's challenges, team!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Harajuku Lovers G Perfume

CdG Ouarzazate. It works, of course - it always does, because I love it so - but I still wish I could have chosen SotD a couple of hours later today. Then I would have worn N°5 EdP, or vintage L'Aimant, or Shalimar, or something similarly powdery/vanillic and ever so slightly musty.

Hello everyone!

I'm wearing Quartz for a morning of golf with my dad!

Y'all have a great day!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Good morning all ... wearing my new purchase of Musc Ravageur this morning. Took four days off work and now I'm buried!

Serge Lutens was born March 14th??? ME TOO!!!! This is fate... :P

XXY is my SOTM. I have a "budget bottle", 3 single samples in an atomizer.

Hugs to the sick and hurting today, especially Twolf, knit_at-nite and RHM.

I need to make this a productive day.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Bond no9 - Silver Factory

Bath & Body Works ~ Noir

Today Coty Les Muses.

Sorry you're not well knit and Twolf! Hope you're feeling all better very soon.
    Duc, you dodged a bullet there, not liking the XerJoff or the Malle, yes?

Today is a perfect sunny day -- and there's a film crew in my house! Using it for a location for a commercial shoot -- a Mazda commercial that will air in Quebec. They shoot in Houston as we have leaves on our trees and they're using our house for interior and garage shots, exterior is another house, so we didn't get to get our lawn painted green, oh well... So I hope my neighbors will forgive me, after the 20 trucks and cars are all gone later today. I didn't realize this would be such a big production (and I'm hiding out in my studio which is not being used as one of the rooms shown). The perfume-related point is: the lovely location fee! they pay us is officially a windfall and I'll use part for a nice purchase... Dia? Portrait of a Lady? Both? :-) YAY!!!!

(P.S. add me to the March birthday list!! March 26. We need a HAPPY BIRTHDAY button in addition to the thanks button...)

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I settled on lilac fragrances for today...a combination of Demeter Lilac cologne (can't say this too often: avoid their "100% Natural Lilac edt"! It is nothing like lilac) and my little solid of Pacifica French Lilac. These are both a simple and realistic lilac and go together nicely.

Highland Lilac is still the best but today I wanted these others.

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Canali Black Diamond.

Sampling Cuir de Russie for my SOTD. Facing a lunch that has the potential to be awkward, though hopefully only a low potential...

Parfum Sacre for me today.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by C Rose View Post
    Today is a perfect sunny day -- and there's a film crew in my house! Using it for a location for a commercial shoot -- a Mazda commercial that will air in Quebec. They shoot in Houston as we have leaves on our trees and they're using our house for interior and garage shots, exterior is another house, so we didn't get to get our lawn painted green, oh well... So I hope my neighbors will forgive me, after the 20 trucks and cars are all gone later today. I didn't realize this would be such a big production (and I'm hiding out in my studio which is not being used as one of the rooms shown). The perfume-related point is: the lovely location fee! they pay us is officially a windfall and I'll use part for a nice purchase... Dia? Portrait of a Lady? Both? :-) YAY!!!!
    That's darned exciting! You must have a dandy home, C. Lands End did a shoot at my friend's historic house a few years ago. She felt overrun by crew and cables.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Institution

Accord Oud by Byredo (first time from a sample)

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Blog Entries

A last of the Pehaligon's that are available for me -- but not a part of the sampler put together by 30 Roses -- Lily & Spice. A very realistic lily, when I smell the top notes seems like I can see the pollen inside the flower! Uh-oh, I am really allergic to that kind of lily in nature, so I will tread carefully here. At a first sign of a headache I'll jump straight into the shower.

Not Spring here at all. Winter on the coast in March.

(((TWolf))) (((knit-at-night))) stay rested and get well!
    ((Inees)) take care of that assignment!

Wolfie, I think you will get new thank-yous in 24 hrs after you posted the last one. I think that's how it works, but I am not sure. If I am right, I will get mine between 2 and 3 pm today.
    Thanks for March birthdays list! Many good people born in March

Ladies in the Southeast, what's the weather like? We're leaving for Atlanta on the 4th. I better go off prepping for the trip.

I'm wearing Versace edp today.
    I really enjoy this one.

Good Morning all... quickly driving by in Tauer Perfumes L'Air du Desert Marocain.
    Have a great day!

Back below freezing here today despite the sun and another much-needed comfort fragrance day. So today it's Givenchy Organza Indecence.

That's a nifty piece of news, CRose. Please enjoy your new smellies. Doing a Happy Dance for/together with YOU!

Twolf and Knit_at_nite, feel better soon!

I haven't post for some days but I am thinking of you all!

(My life is crazy, here! I work for almost no income, and I drive in heavy traffic at least 60 km per day... My daughter is studing all day, as most of the children of her age for the university entrance exams and this will continue next year too... And ... for what reason after all?)

sotd is Lei by Mazzolari, very nice for this cold and rainy day.

Warum- I'm about 2 hours north of Atlanta and haven't worn a jacket in two weeks. Light sweaters and blazers during the day, maybe a light weight jacket at night. The trees are blooming and the pollen is out, so watch out for allergies. Our lowest lows have been in the high 30s and we've been up to the high 70s during the day on multiple days.

Basenotes Plus

Thank you, all, for the healing vibes sent my way! I slept through the last three days and have rallied my butt into work today and am proceeding to catch up slowly. Just have to get through today and tomorrow and since we are closed on Friday, I can go back to sleep again.

SOTD is Jean Patou Sublime On me, it's more "subdued" than sublime, but very pretty nevertheless.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

I'm checking in on my lunch break on my sweet new phone! Lol. So novel .

(((TWolfie))), just echoing what Quarry said.

CRose,how cool is that! The windfalls will be nice. Do you know when and where your ad will first air?

Glad you're coming out of it, (((knit.)))

My sotd is Tabac Blond. I have absolutely nothing new to say about this one. May you never become anosmic to your favorites, folks.

Still feeling need for comforting tea scents so switching over to Malabah.

I'm glad to hear that people are recovering from the bad bugs. My cold is
    almost gone. SotD is the discontinued Tom Ford Moss Breches, from a
    precious little travel bottle. Moss and honey HEAVEN!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Jacques Fath Yang today
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing Hypnose today.

Twolf, if you would like to post your perfumer birthday list as a separate thread, I can sticky it to the top. Let me know ...

Nah, do not worry -- if people want, they can Search, it will be on the first or second of each month.

Hi everyone -

I'm in Cartier's So Pretty for the evening. Y'all have a good night!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Healing vibes to Twolf and to knit_at_nite Please rest and feel better soon.

My SotD was Balenciaga Cristobal, but tonight I'm sampling Fragonard parfum, a lovely sparkly classic floral.

Be well, all...

Coopmama

PS. C Rose, yay! Let us know what your new goodie turns out to be.
    If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Basenotes Plus

Hi....it's me.....peeking out from the packing material & boxes, everywhere. I have my house completely torn apart. every. single. room. Well, that's what I did to work on this first round of packing to stage the house.

I've been handing out big goodie bags of perfume samples to local ladies. Taking books to schools & libraries to see if they would like the donation. For my, err..more "mature" reading material I am sending some select volumes to my sister and taking a few more to the above mentioned local ladies.

My daughter had another migraine this week, so she & I were dealing with that. We think we found out what a few of her food triggers are. She's not too happy about it but is willing to forego them to see if it helps with the headaches.

We also got THE DRESS for her dance in June. It's a beautiful jewel toned persian blue, "happy" dancing dress.

The County road crew arrived in force today to take down the remainder of the downed tree and it's semi rotted sibling nearby. It's a good thing too because, once again, we are having high wind advisories for the evening.

I'm very glad to hear that Twolf & k@n are feeling better. The "bugs" have been especially bad this year.
    And C Rose, that's just too darned cool about the commercial!

I was a big 'ole Bandit (parfum) today. Some days, it's the only thing that will do.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

((RHM)) Good to hear you are making significant progress! Doesn't it feel good to see it getting done?

UPS finally delivered my Nordstrom order of the new Jo Malone Sweet Milk and it's on my left arm (only) as Demeter Lilac is still with me. Tenacious, for a Demeter!

Creed's Green Valley
    Gary

Been enjoying Chanel No. 5 Eau Première all day!

C Rose - very cool!

Glad the sick folks are getting better... I've been sick too, for almost a month, but today I am finally feeling better!