Code of Conduct

Default Jaipur disappointment

Hello B'noters,

I received in the post today "Jaipur" by Boucheron and was expecting great things. I have smelled this before and a friend of mine had a bottle and I really liked it. However when I sprayed it I was really, really disappointed. It smelled like baby oil and that's it. No vanilla, tonka- no nothing. I waited two hours- no change.

I'm so surprised. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm was thinking I got a fake but no- it's genuine.
    La vita č breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Jaipur disappointment

I got a powdery old fashioned scent, that dry down to a great tonka/vanilla scent. Like this stuff.

Talking agout EDP

Ok, I've got the EDT. This may be the problem for me.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sur la Plage

I prefer the EDP.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Last edited by Descartes; 26th March 2013 at 10:54 PM.

I have the edt and find it still quite spicy. This is odd.
    I can recommend a great alternative fragrance that is still very similar to Jaipur. It´s called Cristobal for Men "Cologne d´Orient".
    Make sure you try the orient version - I think it´s different to the regular one. It comes in a giant 200ml bottle.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Quote Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
    Let the fragance settle down for a week in your fridge or perhaps a bit of air out of the bottle will make the fragrance open up.
    I did not understand the second part. Air out of the bottle. How to do this?

Last edited by Descartes; 26th March 2013 at 10:54 PM.

I think both the edt and Edp are great. I detect more vanilla in the Edp but longevity for the edt is superb to begin with.

How you compare the longevity and sillage of EdP x EdT?

Thanks

My advice is to give it a few more wears. I really grew on me and now it is one of my favourites.

Blog Entries

The EDP is wonderful juice, a little richer than the EDT, but both are beautiful to me. I hope your experience with Jaipur gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by koala501 View Post
    Hello B'noters,

I received in the post today "Jaipur" by Boucheron and was expecting great things. I have smelled this before and a friend of mine had a bottle and I really liked it. However when I sprayed it I was really, really disappointed. It smelled like baby oil and that's it. No vanilla, tonka- no nothing. I waited two hours- no change.

I'm so surprised. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm was thinking I got a fake but no- it's genuine.
    To me, Jaipur is too simple; it is more a smell than a perfume. I respect the fact that its loved by many, but I find it to be pretty boring.

I've been up and down on this frag. The last time I wore it, about a month ago, my thought was that it was rotation-worthy for the first few hours, but then turned into a bland, tonka/benzoin base. I guess it's okay if you want to enjoy it a couple hours and then have things to do that will command your attention.

I personally like Jaipur a lot but the EDP

I've never experienced baby oil regardless of EPT or EDP, where did you get this from?

I got it from Strawberrynet.

I think the key is to WEAR it for a day - don't just spray it and sniff it on your hand. The scent will blossom if you wear it, and you can appreciate all of its facets. If you spray Jaipur on your hand and sniff it all day, I could see where you get a baby oil smell. You need to wear it!
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

I agree with Shamu1. However, that's for the first 4 hours or so. After several hours the base seemed a bit bland.