Code of Conduct

Default I need help in selecting a new perfume, my favourites are Magie Noire and Paloma Picasso

Hi, I'm lost in the world of understanding and selecting perfumes, there are so many out there! My two absolute favourites are Magie Noire and Paloma Picasso but I'm bored of just wearing these two. However every time I venture into a chemists or duty free to try others I never succeed in finding anything I like. I'm not a great fan of floral or sweet perfumes and would really rather not buy anything by a celebrity!
    Can anybody make any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I need help in selecting a new perfume, my favourites are Magie Noire and Paloma Picasso

Hi & welcome to basenotes! l love Magie Noire too! Have you tried Diva by Ungaro?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I need help in selecting a new perfume, my favourites are Magie Noire and Paloma Picasso

Magie Noire is deeply woody, so perhaps you can check among other very woody perfumes. For instance, Feminite de Bois by Serge Lutens - it's niche so more difficult to find, but if you live near a big city you should be able to smell it.

Also, both Magie Noire and Paloma are in the broad chypre category (mossy drydown), so you can check other perfumes in the same genre, an easy to find example would be Cristalle by Chanel, but there are many others (Bandit, Futur, Diorella, Givenchy III, Mitsouko).

cacio

Marvellous, that was exactly the sort of information I was looking for. I'm based in the UK but hopefully won't have any trouble finding those that you've listed. And now I know what sort of perfumes Magie Noire and Paloma are I might be able to do further investigation on my own (although further suggestions still welcome!).
    Thanks again.