Code of Conduct

Thread: Puredistance 1

Post Thanks / Like

Default Puredistance 1

I am having trouble with this one. I was really looking forward to trying it as I've heard wonderful things about it. But I am disappointed. It smells very generic to me. High quality generic, but just blah, nonetheless. And within 2 hours I cannot even smell it on my skin. Which has me wondering...am I anosmic to some amazing note in this one?

Reading the list of notes, there is nothing unusual in there that would give me pause. I should at least be able to appreciate this one. But it is completely forgettable...except for the fact that I want to "get" what most others seem to "get"

I'd like to hear other opinions/unofficial reviews. There isn't much on BN that I can find. Maybe if some of you write about your experience with this fragrance, it will help me find something in here to guide my nose. This fragrance feels so nebulous to me, like searching for a light switch in the dark. I just don't get it.

I've sampled Antonia and M and they jump out at me, characterize themselves, and even woo me. But the original feels like an ordinary background scent to me. This is driving me a little bit crazy. Any help/direction would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Puredistance 1

After Antonia & M, Puredistance I can be a little disappointing. I agree. Just sit back and enjoy Antonia and M.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I completely agree with you. I just got a sample of it today and I was disappointed as well. It smells like rose bathroom spray on me and it's not in the least attractive.

Post Thanks / Like

Since a few of you have sampled Antonia, how would you characterize it? How does it compare to other scents in its category? I've been quite curious about it but the samples are so expensive that I have been loathe to spend the money so far. Maybe your opinions will help me settle the matter once and for all. . . .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    After Antonia & M, Puredistance I can be a little disappointing. I agree. Just sit back and enjoy Antonia and M.
    On my second wearing of M and loving it even more. First time I thought , MR and was beginning to worry. Then that all changed after the subtle sublime layers started to unfold in M. Nothing like it in my collection and now instantly in my top tier of half a dozen or so fave scents. I wonder what everyone thinks of sillage with M....I know longevity is wonderful but sillage is very low key....can others around smell it all?.......it would be a shame if something of this quality could not be shared .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leesee View Post
    Since a few of you have sampled Antonia, how would you characterize it? How does it compare to other scents in its category? I've been quite curious about it but the samples are so expensive that I have been loathe to spend the money so far. Maybe your opinions will help me settle the matter once and for all. . . .
    Antonia is a grand symphonic floral (I would put it in a category alongside Amouage Gold and Dia) but I have smelled nothing else quite like Antonia. On first sniff, it is a soapy floral. If I had to compare the opening to anything else it would be to Dia's soapy-rose opening. But after a few minutes it morphs into something more sensual and celestial. Well worth a test if you ask me. Longevity is great. Sillage...is so-so. It definitely stays in your own personal space. But I have only dabbed from a sample, not sprayed. So that may make a difference. If I could afford it, I'd buy a FB for sure.