Code of Conduct

Default Bond No. 9 Cheap Designer Rip Offs?

Riverside Drive smells like Paris Hilton....I don’t smell the pineapple I smell a ton of cucumber. A 300 dollar bottle of Paris Hilton men so sad. And from what I here this is one of there better fragrances. Very disappointing I have over 26 of there samples and I have yet to find anything that is remotely worth 300 bucks. Sorry I stand corrected the creed knock offs that they have smell respectful but why buy hamptons when I can have the wonderful SMW? Just saying...also there wallstreet was a pathetic attempt to copy to beautiful creed MI. What a waste of a wonderful concept the scents of the town on terrible designer copies and below sub par creed copies. Long live the creeds and amouge, surge lutens and gurlains of the niche market.

p.s. I am not saying there gourmands and green scents are bad just not my type of scents. I will leave those up to the gourmand green scent lovers.
    Last edited by roncall; 3rd March 2011 at 05:43 PM.

Default Re: Bond No. 9 Cheap Designer Rip Offs?

I'm a big Riverside Drive fan myself. I don't think I'd go as far as to say that it is an expensive version of Paris Hilton. Hilton is a very fruity and youthful scent, where RD is quite refined IMO. If I was gonna rant against niche houses, I'd start somewhere else. How about how Creed overdoes the whole ambergris thing? How about how all these disgusting amber niche scents from Serge Lutens and L'Artisan get so much hype and end up smelling like old lady?

i agree creed does over do the ambergris and the lutens amber can be a bit clowing from time to time but my biggest beef with bond is that they have such a great product with no soul. the frangrences smell either really offensive or child like clones of other designer fragrences. one may not like creed but no one can deny the beauty of their fragrences. believe me i wanted to buy bond so bad but it turned out that nothing i have smelt so far comes close to my creeds.

Basenotes Plus

So enjoy your Creeds but leave the negativity behind. There's plenty for everyone to enjoy.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Hmm...since Riverside Drive was released in 2003 and Paris Hilton for Men in 2005, shouldn't your argument be the other way around?

that is true. paris likely was a rip off of riverside. both smell sub par for what they were trying to accomplish. no negativity here i just have very high standards

and before one speaks on negativity i have smelled almost every scent from this house and i have never been wowed by any of them. some my get excited about anything niche i am not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    So enjoy your Creeds but leave the negativity behind. There's plenty for everyone to enjoy.

Welcome roncall - please use the search function prior to posting new threads. This is one of many topics that has been discussed ad nauseum.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!